Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 18, 2018 2:22 AM

Aug 2014
Episode was boring to say the least...

Mostly just a waste of time with so often regurgitated progression. Vegeta struggling with Jiren was kinda cool, if it weren't for the Naruto-esque flashbacks.

Jiren is honestly the blandest villain DB ever had. He's like Broly; all power hype, but unlike Broly, who viciously enjoyed himself in the torture of others, Jiren shows no personality in his fighting style. Hopefully they can atleast pull off some super powerful technique, that has some creativity thrown into it. As for his character, I'm no longer optimistic. His backstory was ham-fisted in to the story and there's no compelling way to give him character development. It's probably about 90% clear, that he will go all buddy-buddy with Goku at the end of the arc, considering DB-history.

A bit disappointed Frieza didn't insult Goku, when all the team members flashed in front of his eyes. I'd like that and it would make more sense. Next up; Ultra Instinct gets a re-design, cause toys and DLC for Xenoverse and FighterZ.

Also; fascinating how Gods of Destruction refer to Goku as Goku the Saiyan. They probably don't even have saiyans in their universes (atleast I hope not, cause as Cell puts it in FighterZ; [there's kind of a yard sale on super saiyans going on] and it's no longer entertaining). Why not Universe 7 Goku? That would make more sense.
Feb 18, 2018 2:26 AM
Jan 2016
Vegeta pulled a real Asta this episode. What a fucking chad. Can't wait to see Complete Ultra Instinct beat Jiren's ass.
Feb 18, 2018 2:29 AM

Oct 2016
harshtruth said:
Maitoz said:

I also expected to be better but it wasnt bad, and for the people that complain about vegeta, I mean, he did his best, took some some opponents out, defeated Toppo and the only one able to beat Vegeta was Jiren, Even with UI vegeta wasnt going to win unless he mastered it which wouldnt make much sense since it would be his first time using it with only 2 Mins left.
Another thing I want is the manga getting adapted because Ill admit its done better than the Anime.

But Yeah expecting it to be better animated for the last 3 episodes with the UI.
Mastering UI shouldn't even be a thing during the tournament. You really want to tell me that in less than 30 minutes he mastered a form that a god couldn't do in millions of years? Also a guy that was not even trying is now against the ropes and getting damaged by people he was literally staring away in the span of a few minutes? Vegeta barely had enough energy to stand yet alone transform into a basic super saiyan but somehow passed enough energy to Goku so that he can not only stand but transform into SSB... people defend this and call it entertaining? What the fuck is wrong with everyone?

Well, first of they did had it in mind since they trained with Whis, so the form had to come at some point and it was in a tournament where they cant afford to lose or theyll lose it all, All the Gods are doing is Sleep for Millions of years instead of training, And Goku is known for getting used to any technique or ability really fast and is a Genius in terms of Fighting and you can also say that Saiyans Fighting Instinct make it easier to control such state.

Who said that Vegeta Energy is what Made Goku able to Go Blue? Goku never needed Vegeta energy to go Blue to begin with or use UI, Vegeta energy only helped Goku stand up a little bit, I dont see the problem with it.
Feb 18, 2018 2:32 AM

Apr 2017
Maitoz said:
Who said that Vegeta Energy is what Made Goku able to Go Blue? Goku never needed Vegeta energy to go Blue or use UI, Vegeta energy only helped Goku stand up a little bit, I dont see the problem with it.
So you telling me it takes more stamina to stand than it takes to transform? LMAO, I can see you're a DBS fan.
Feb 18, 2018 2:37 AM

Jan 2008
Ultra instinct is nothing but a power-up. A transformation. DBS is just retarded like always.
Feb 18, 2018 2:44 AM

Jan 2015
If they'd just stop spoiling stuff in the title, that would be nice!
Feb 18, 2018 2:45 AM

Nov 2016
Vegetas struggle got me all emotional,he's deserving his rest.

The last few minutes were hype af again,Goku UI is back and looks like there's even going to be a new form next week. This will be an intense battle.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 18, 2018 2:55 AM

Oct 2015
Nice episode!
I'd understand why some people would say it was a weaker episode, but why the so much hate? The animation wasn't top-notch obviously, but what kind of animation do you want from an episode where most of the episode Vegeta is trying to go on sheer will-power? It was just a build-up episode for Goku. (Yes, Vegeta is just thrown away, but we got used to it. He still did a good job)

Yeah, mastering a form in half an hour seems quite strange, but in shounen timing is almost normal to be inconsistent, and so are power-ups.
I agree that Jiren sucks as a villain, though. No actual background story, whatsoever. Probably the manga's going to fix it.

I'm really looking forward to Goku's mastered UI next episode.
His silver hair looks dope.

Feb 18, 2018 3:11 AM

Aug 2015
I thought the Hairy and Fox God of Destruction were ereased from the existance, yet they comment on the stands
Feb 18, 2018 3:26 AM

Apr 2014
Guess now the fanboys of "Super Saiyan White" will be satisfied. From the looks of the ep 129 preview Goku will have white/silver hair.
Feb 18, 2018 3:32 AM

Feb 2013
Vegeta-sama's struggle awakened Goku's Ultra Instinct again, cool.
Feb 18, 2018 4:35 AM

Jul 2010
Meh we are getting close to the end only 3 episodes left ;(. A for effort Vegita this what i call Pride :).
Feb 18, 2018 5:01 AM
Feb 2018
I think this Episode was good because it wasnt just a fight between vegeta and jiren, it was also a fight between two ideals. And one thing should be clear, it is very hard to reach the previous versions from db franchise. You dont have this Feeling when it happened the first time and you were totally exited what happens next or what will be the next power up. I mean i like dbs too but it isnt a masterpiece like dbz for example.
Feb 18, 2018 5:08 AM

Sep 2014
wow that was surprisingly good! I kinda hoped for Vegeta to power up again, but his desperate but futil last stand was even more fitting. Considering we only have 3 epsidoes left, it was also the right choice.

I was expecting Goku UI bas still Im a little bit hyped again. Im looking forward to the final fight. Still Jiren is a garbage opponent, easily the biggest downside of this final arc.

If Im going to miss one thing about this show once its over it has to be the OST. Oh my dende it is sooo good. The way they reuse old themes and mix them with new stuff. Amazing work. Also the animation is totally solid now.

I never expected myself to say this but .. Im going to miss this show. Sure its stupid, with pink, blue, green and silver saiyans, but it was still enjoyable.

Atleast when its over we will maybe get some movies again, I overall liked the movies more anyway.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 18, 2018 5:18 AM

May 2015
seemed like a budget saver episode
Feb 18, 2018 6:32 AM
Feb 2009
isekai said:
Rukodaime said:
It's too easy that UI magically restore all your stamina in one second......

thats why its alternatively called Limit Breaker for a reason lol

Changing the name does not make it less "magical" (I prefer using the term "magical" than "bullshit"...).

All the prior form needed to use a lot of "stamina" to be activated, so, it just breaks the whole concept (of not going in SSB to save energy...)
Feb 18, 2018 7:24 AM

Jan 2011
noooo i liked Migate no Gokui as it was, dont want another hair color
Feb 18, 2018 7:28 AM

Dec 2014
It was okay.

Felt bad for Vegeta going out like that. :(

Next episode should be entertaining with Ultra Instinct Goku.
Feb 18, 2018 7:53 AM

Jun 2016
Vegeta is and always will be the second fiddle.
Feb 18, 2018 9:01 AM

Dec 2008
Yet another episode of Vegeta getting raped while in tears. SMH for the Prince. 3 more episodes to go. I can't wait to see Goku's new form. Is it white or grey?
Feb 18, 2018 10:51 AM

Nov 2012
Which series pulled it off better

Dragon Ball Z, where Vegeta after years of humiliation to his pride of being cast in the shadow of Kakarrot, desired more power and did atrocious act like killing innocent civilians only to sacrifice himself after accepting his pride, Kakarrot as an ally, and his love for his family

OR

Dragon Ball Super, where Vegeta loves Cabba more than his own son.. Trunks... remember.. his name is Trunks.. he's your son.. you literally just had a flashback about your son AND your newborn daughter
Feb 18, 2018 11:01 AM
Jan 2010
MCA5EY said:

Dragon Ball Super, where Vegeta loves Cabba more than his own son.. Trunks... remember.. his name is Trunks.. he's your son.. you literally just had a flashback about your son AND your newborn daughter

you're right......
I'm sorry.....

cabbage................................
Feb 18, 2018 12:42 PM

Oct 2016
harshtruth said:
Maitoz said:
Who said that Vegeta Energy is what Made Goku able to Go Blue? Goku never needed Vegeta energy to go Blue or use UI, Vegeta energy only helped Goku stand up a little bit, I dont see the problem with it.
So you telling me it takes more stamina to stand than it takes to transform? LMAO, I can see you're a DBS fan.

No, I only Said Helped Goku stand a little bit not helped him fully stand, Goku would have done it himself whether or not vegeta gave him energy.
And Yes im a dbs fan but mostly for the manga, and just because im a fan doesnt mean i cant find the mistakes with the show, i know they are there but unlike you I dont judge stuff to fast and rage with the show. Just because some cant seem to understand what happened doesnt make it bad.
Feb 18, 2018 12:50 PM

Apr 2017
Maitoz said:

No, I only Said Helped Goku stand a little bit not helped him fully stand, Goku would have done it himself whether or not vegeta gave him energy.
And Yes im a dbs fan but mostly for the manga, and just because im a fan doesnt mean i cant find the mistakes with the show, i know they are there but unlike you I dont judge stuff to fast and rage with the show. Just because some cant seem to understand what happened doesnt make it bad.
"cant seem to understand what happened doesnt make it bad" You're giving DBS too much credit. It doesn't require anymore thinking than the excuses people make for it.
Feb 18, 2018 2:37 PM

Jul 2013
It was nice that Vegeta again got a good amount of screentime in this episode. It was definitely hard to see him getting beat up by Jiren but he had absolute no power left. All these fights he had before, the fact he beat Toppo and reached a new Blue form was nice to see. A lot of respect for Vegeta not giving up till the end.

So now it's like in episode 109 and 110 Goku vs Jiren. At first it looked pretty bad for Goku. He could only just transform into Blue but lost it immediately after Jiren hit him with some punches. And then only 1 hit away from also being out of the tourney Goku managed to reach his UI form again. It doesn't matter how often I see this form but it's looks so cool and that OST fits just perfect.

I can't wait for the next episode and I'm so curious how the mastered UI form will look like. :)
Natsu88Feb 18, 2018 3:24 PM

Feb 18, 2018 2:50 PM

Apr 2015
Holy shit this episode was lit. Never seen Vegeta cry before 0.o

Goku going ultra instinct again is going to be lit!!
Feb 18, 2018 2:58 PM

Oct 2017
I still really enjoyed this episode, even though some parts felt pretty drawn out. Vegeta holding out for so long was awesome to watch and the flashbacks were oh so nice. If you have not watched the preview yet, I would advise you to keep it that way. The preview was a little bit too spoilery for my taste.
Feb 18, 2018 3:02 PM

Sep 2016
El Grande Padre better watch out, Goku Blanco is coming for his ass!!
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Feb 18, 2018 3:26 PM

Mar 2013
Soooo i'm calling right now, and jiren will clash in a final attack and will be ko'd at the same time.with freeza passed out in the stage making universe 7 the champion!
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Feb 18, 2018 5:14 PM

Apr 2010
Boy what a shettty episode.. very very predictable .

Once again goku decides to turn out ultra instinct when it's too late (dunno why vegeta had more stamina than goku even tho he self-destructed) but okay.

And where the fuk is Freiza? Again Jiren and goku fighting alone? it's like the 20th time in this tournament we seen it.
LukaPochiFeb 18, 2018 5:19 PM
Feb 18, 2018 7:53 PM

Jun 2016
oh look goku got UI again!!! WOW(owen wilson voice) didn't see that coming... -__-
but honestly vegeta is that dude has been the best character throughout the series

and I wonder when frieza is gonna pop out all sug like lol
Feb 18, 2018 7:57 PM

Jun 2016
LukaPochi said:
Boy what a shettty episode.. very very predictable .

Once again goku decides to turn out ultra instinct when it's too late (dunno why vegeta had more stamina than goku even tho he self-destructed) but okay.

And where the fuk is Freiza? Again Jiren and goku fighting alone? it's like the 20th time in this tournament we seen it.

I agree without the random power ups **cough(ultra instinct) cough** Jiren would smacked everyone by now and his universe would win
Feb 18, 2018 9:40 PM

Nov 2015
Hmm. Just as we expected. Vegeta.. Gotta respect that guy. Just like him to go on fighting a hopeless battle. But that was actually what should have been done. Stall, win by the 'most people left rule.' It's a battle of attrition now. But ugh.. Anime! Jiren is becoming a really annoying character. A cross between younger Toguro and Day! Escanor? Boring. I wonder how the manga will handle him. He's such a nice guy there. And those of you who were complaining about Vegeta getting ragdolled.. Weren't you complaing about how he shouldn't be able to fight anymore just last week? And the ones cmplaining about him thinking of Cabba over Trunks. You know, as far as he knows, he just lost the last chance to revive his protege- the one who was ERASED right in front of him? Trunks is still safe and sound and will be as long as he himself exists. On another note, how many of you are uneasy about Freeza still being around?
EvarinyaFeb 18, 2018 9:56 PM
"There's your truth and there's my truth. As for the Universal Truth - it doesn't exist."
Feb 18, 2018 11:08 PM
Feb 2018
we have to wait two weeks for episode 129 and Goku UI :(

Dragon ball super online episode 128
Feb 18, 2018 11:34 PM

Mar 2015
Am i the only one who was expecting more from Vegeta? Its a shame that he got eliminated like that but of course, unfortunately it needs to be Goku always on the spotlight.
Well, the episode besides that was amazing, loved it! Now all we have to do is to wait 2 weeks to see the new Ultra Instinct form, can't wait.

And it seems like Goku stole that meme spannish transformation from his son (Gohan Blanco) you gotta love the Dragon Ball latin community, hope they introduce "El Hermano" in the next episode
GuifoliveiraaFeb 18, 2018 11:37 PM
Feb 19, 2018 2:09 AM

Jun 2012
5/5. Probably my favorite episode in the last few months barring vegeta vs GoD Toppo. Loving Jiren actually having some trace of a personality with his complex about strength and trust. It may not be much, but it's enough to enjoy watching him fight so much more.

Also up there with one of the roughest old fashioned beat-downs in a long time, and it's nice to see more martial-art oriented fight choreography once in a while.

Only thing I can really complain about is the storyboarding/backgrounds were pretty bland, but at least it gave a good "calm before the storm" vibe if nothing else. Hype train is gonna be so big for the next 2-3 episodes.
Feb 19, 2018 4:08 AM

May 2016
their tactics doesn't make for me. they would win just by outnumbering Jiren. instead one by one they are losing fighters. 2 minutes left. even with special Dragon Ball time passing they could win just by working together
Feb 19, 2018 4:14 AM

Feb 2018
thought vegeta is going into ultra instinct but nah....

the memories of his family were so cute, seems like Vegeta is now a real man.
Feb 19, 2018 7:21 AM

Apr 2016
Frigyesur said:
their tactics doesn't make for me. they would win just by outnumbering Jiren. instead one by one they are losing fighters. 2 minutes left. even with special Dragon Ball time passing they could win just by working together
What if Goku uses Instant Transmission and takes Jiren out of the ring with him?
That's the easiest way to win the tournament, lmao. But can't help it, this show is already full of plot holes to begin with.
Feb 19, 2018 8:15 AM

Feb 2016
Anzi said:
I thought the Hairy and Fox God of Destruction were ereased from the existance, yet they comment on the stands
They were never in the tournament along with Gene and Arack.
Feb 19, 2018 8:58 AM

May 2017
MCA5EY said:
Which series pulled it off better

Dragon Ball Z, where Vegeta after years of humiliation to his pride of being cast in the shadow of Kakarrot, desired more power and did atrocious act like killing innocent civilians only to sacrifice himself after accepting his pride, Kakarrot as an ally, and his love for his family

OR

lmao dbs is disgrace compared to dbz
Feb 19, 2018 11:50 AM

Nov 2016
el_morris said:
akiba-kei said:

Mexican jokes? What did I miss?

Memes, a lot of memes. We like to make fun of DBS on fb groups.

Damn, I need to find those! I'm Mexican and I've never heard of them xD
Feb 19, 2018 12:01 PM

May 2016
Blank_X said:
What if Goku uses Instant Transmission and takes Jiren out of the ring with him?
That's the easiest way to win the tournament, lmao. But can't help it, this show is already full of plot holes to begin with.

I think they mentioned instant transmission doesn't work here but I didn't expect anything from Goku anyway who is technically brain-dead. But everyone is smarter than him.
Frieza is still in the game, right? It would be funny if he won.
And I'll forget every plot hole if anybody kills Zeno-samas the most annoying things in DB's history
Feb 19, 2018 12:09 PM

Oct 2016
Frigyesur said:
Blank_X said:

I think they mentioned instant transmission doesn't work here but I didn't expect anything from Goku anyway who is technically brain-dead. But everyone is smarter than him.
And I'll forget every plot hole if anybody kills Zeno-samas the most annoying things in DB's history

Goku is not a Brain Dead, yes he got hit by a rock in the head but he is a Smart fighter.
Im guessing the last one standing is the one to get the wish, if frieza manages to take out Goku and Jiren when they are about to knock each other out, then Frieza is taking the Wish. And Wish to take Zeno sama place or something then erase everyone.
Feb 19, 2018 2:54 PM

Aug 2017
it'd be funny if goku drops at last second but freeza finishes him in the end
Feb 19, 2018 6:04 PM

Apr 2016
Frigyesur said:
Blank_X said:

There is no such rule. He even used it in the last episode, not to mention the number of times since the first episode of TOP. There was even a warrior who could only do Instant Transmission. But yeah, he won't do it, because that'd end the show in a second xD.
Feb 19, 2018 7:52 PM

Dec 2016
Yet another DBS full of mediocrity and retardation.

And next episode....another ssj hair color? Only green and purple left to complete the whole rainbow...
Feb 20, 2018 4:57 AM

Feb 2015
Goku Blanco will probably be the cliffhanger for episode 130, i don't know why Super does this, there is only like 5 minutes worth watching in most episodes.

The beginning is just a retread of the previous episode, after that we have 2 good minutes, then right before the break we have 30 more seconds of content, after the break they retread what just happened, then 30 more seconds of material, and at last 2 more minutes of significant plot beats.

Comes the preview, shows you stuff from the beginning of the next episode, which i explained are from the 2 minutes #1, then end the preview with a cool shot from the end of the episode, from that other 2 minutes, #2.

SSJWhite, Mastered Ultra Instinct, Migate no Gokui + Friendship 4.0, Protagonism + bad writing + bad pacing + bad directing.

They are holding El Hermano for next episode's preview, but he will only fight on episode 131 against Zarama, and the show will end on a cliffhanger, to make you wait until the new series coming in 2019.

Feb 20, 2018 4:44 PM

May 2015
This whole tournament is one big pile of bullshit. Magically restored stamina (several times) and Jiren toying with Vegeta when he knows that if there are still fighters from universes on arena at the end the uni with more members survives. Fuck logic. Not to mention that "our" uni knoced out like 90% of fighters when it should be battle royale.

AND WHY IT ALWAYS HAVE TO BE GOKU?
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 20, 2018 9:25 PM

Dec 2016
FrozenRaider said:

AND WHY IT ALWAYS HAVE TO BE GOKU?

Well, to be fair it's not always Goku the one who finishes an enemy...at least not by himself alone.

He couldn't beat Vegeta, at best they were even. He defeated Frieza, yes, but it was future Trunks the one who truly finished him. He couldn't beat perfect Cell, his son did. And while he did beat kid Buu, it was not by his own means or strength; it was thanks to all the energy from Earth's population, where Goku was just the gatherer, not the creator, so it's not his own merit.

He also couldn't beat Zamasu.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 62 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

93 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

98 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.