Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 18, 2018 11:25 AM

Jul 2014
BEST EPISODE!

I didn't expect what happened but I'm very satisfied. The chemistry between Enami and Eiko is great, she always likes to flirt with girls but loses very easily with the teacher. I totally support the Eiko x Enami now.
Feb 18, 2018 11:49 AM

Feb 2007
Hairpin Christmas tree! :D

Nice, Sensei! I guess that's a tie in the end, they both can equally play each other. :D

Can't beat Kamu, though. ^_^

She really is a good teacher in the end, though...

Drunk Sensei sure has problems... :D

Kamu might just have reason to get jealous here, Eiko's so good at seducing even their teacher... Or is it the other way around...? These two really are pretty similar, and affect each other in similar ways as well.

Wait... Did Eiko make that necklace? (later: And there we go, confirmed!)

Hana is quite sharp at times. And at other times overthinking things too much.

Hana sure gets a lot of hugs this episode.

That endcard, though...
luinthoronFeb 18, 2018 11:55 AM
Feb 18, 2018 12:30 PM

Dec 2013
Don't know why but to me I have a strong feeling that Eiko is actually older than she seems...I would ship her and the teacher together as I actually look at Eiko as being like Hana - for some reason she is behind in school.

that's just me though...probably.

"By Depending on others and letting them
Depend on you, people can Exceed what
they can do as Individuals." - Mikoto Misaka

"Rokkon Shojo!"
Feb 18, 2018 12:45 PM

Feb 2007
Canaan said:
Don't know why but to me I have a strong feeling that Eiko is actually older than she seems...I would ship her and the teacher together as I actually look at Eiko as being like Hana - for some reason she is behind in school.

As much as she may seem more mature than the others, she still has been Kamu's classmate before as well, though.
Feb 18, 2018 12:52 PM

Dec 2013
luinthoron said:
Canaan said:

As much as she may seem more mature than the others, she still has been Kamu's classmate before as well, though.

Could have also been held back before in another school. never know. can happen and has happened. :p

"By Depending on others and letting them
Depend on you, people can Exceed what
they can do as Individuals." - Mikoto Misaka

"Rokkon Shojo!"
Feb 18, 2018 1:28 PM

Feb 2007
Canaan said:
Could have also been held back before in another school. never know. can happen and has happened. :p

Seeing how these two were together in elementary before going to separate middle schools, it seems highly unlikely, though.
Feb 18, 2018 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
luinthoron said:

Nice, Sensei! I guess that's a tie in the end, they both can equally play each other. :D

Kamu might just have reason to get jealous here, Eiko's so good at seducing even their teacher... Or is it the other way around...? These two really are pretty similar, and affect each other in similar ways as well.

That endcard, though...

I wouldn't say she's a particularly good teacher - aside from the fact she doesn't like her job much, most of what she does after sobering up is really to save herself
Feb 18, 2018 2:07 PM

Feb 2007
TheGameplayer said:
I wouldn't say she's a particularly good teacher - aside from the fact she doesn't like her job much, most of what she does after sobering up is really to save herself

Well, she and Eiko do have some interesting chemistry there and she certainly isn't as good at handling her as she'd like to be, but what made me say this was seeing her her talk with Hana.
Feb 18, 2018 2:22 PM

Aug 2012

Eiko should just forget about her harem and go for Kiyose.
Feb 18, 2018 2:26 PM
Jul 2018
luinthoron said:
TheGameplayer said:

Well, she and Eiko do have some interesting chemistry there and she certainly isn't as good at handling her as she'd like to be, but what made me say this was seeing her her talk with Hana.

That can be taken multiple ways really - it's hard to tell if Kiyose is happy that Hana made friends quickly, jealous or completely indifferent.
Feb 18, 2018 2:29 PM

Sep 2013
So they did adapted one of the special episodes about EnamixEiko. I really can't say I like it and I really hope they don't adapt the other one but we'll see.
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Feb 18, 2018 3:14 PM

Sep 2008
I was thrown for a curve with the strong yuri vibe between Eiko and sensei. I now see Eiko as being on a different emotional level than the other girls. I was treating this show as a light comedy “cute girls doing cute stuff” show up to now. But I’m not complaining it’s all good. 4/5
Feb 18, 2018 4:16 PM

Aug 2017
lmao wtf i'm just totaly shocked but in the best way possible
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2018 4:52 PM

May 2015
Whew, damn, the yuri was so strong here, didn't see that coming. Sensei x Eiko, I like that.

Definitely best episode so far.

Feb 18, 2018 9:58 PM

Aug 2013
Oh shit, does Eiko actually have legitimate hots for Kiyose? That would actually be a nice twist.

Possible too since Eiko's carefree flirty personality wins the hearts of all the girls too, but she always brushes it off whenever Tama jokes about it probably because she has no interest in them and it comes to her naturally.

But then she meets Kiyose, the one person who she can't conquer with her teasing, and always manages to lose at the last second even when she catches Kiyose off guard. So perhaps this is another case of the anime trope where X character couldnt make Y character fall for them so they genuine start to develop feelings.
Feb 19, 2018 1:25 AM

Jul 2015
Hairpins for days. Lots of Kiyose and Eiko messin around this episode, I feels like their trying to push a ship here... maybe... kind of... I DON'T CARE I'M DOWN WITH THAT. They have some nice interactions together, and I would love to see them together more. On that note, I just realized that Eiko is kind of developing her own harem with the main cast here, not just side characters.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 19, 2018 1:55 AM

Sep 2016
I un-dropped this because of the glorious yuri
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 19, 2018 3:09 AM

Feb 2007
TheGameplayer said:
That can be taken multiple ways really - it's hard to tell if Kiyose is happy that Hana made friends quickly, jealous or completely indifferent.

Feelings aside, it still shows that she's not always just joking around with the students but also actually properly doing her job when one of her students has something troubling her.
Feb 19, 2018 4:35 AM
Jul 2018
luinthoron said:
TheGameplayer said:

Feelings aside, it still shows that she's not always just joking around with the students but also actually properly doing her job when one of her students has something troubling her.

Oh yes - she does her job. It just depends on whether Kiyose is just keeping to help to a minimum or not.
Feb 19, 2018 4:56 AM

Oct 2013
That Eiko is trouble! This was a better than average episode for Slow Start.
Feb 19, 2018 5:52 AM

Feb 2007
TheGameplayer said:
luinthoron said:

Oh yes - she does her job. It just depends on whether Kiyose is just keeping to help to a minimum or not.

That kind of consultation is certainly above the mere minimum.
Feb 19, 2018 7:28 AM

May 2017
Screw Eikamu, EikoxSensei ftw

luinthoron said:

That endcard, though...

This episode pretty much killed the already platonic (bound to not happen) Eikamu and showed us that Eiko x Sensei is otp

TheGameplayer said:
Cratex said:
The story does seem to have a bit of an edgy undertone, but I'd be surprised if something bad happened in this one.

At the moment, it could go either way :

Either Hana can tell her friends her secret before anyone else can and Eiko and co accept it without any problems.

Or

Eiko hears it from a very drunk Kiyose (either due to spite on Kyose behalf or Kyose thinking she's helping Hana) and no longer accepts Hana's friendship.

I'm heading towards the second option myself : Whilst Eiko obviously likes her teacher, it's hard to tell whether Kiyose feels the same or dislikes her.

I doubt it's the latter, coz Hana's "secret" is hardly even a secret, its too irrelevant and knowing how understanding the others are, Hana's secret would be generically understandable for them
LairucremFeb 19, 2018 8:27 AM
Feb 19, 2018 9:46 AM

May 2009
the yuri bait keeps gatting better in this series.
Feb 19, 2018 12:34 PM
Jul 2018
TsundeReaper said:
Screw Eikamu, EikoxSensei ftw

luinthoron said:

That endcard, though...

This episode pretty much killed the already platonic (bound to not happen) Eikamu and showed us that Eiko x Sensei is otp

TheGameplayer said:

At the moment, it could go either way :

Either Hana can tell her friends her secret before anyone else can and Eiko and co accept it without any problems.

Or

Eiko hears it from a very drunk Kiyose (either due to spite on Kyose behalf or Kyose thinking she's helping Hana) and no longer accepts Hana's friendship.

I'm heading towards the second option myself : Whilst Eiko obviously likes her teacher, it's hard to tell whether Kiyose feels the same or dislikes her.

I doubt it's the latter, coz Hana's "secret" is hardly even a secret, its too irrelevant and knowing how understanding the others are, Hana's secret would be generically understandable for them

It would all depend on how they find out really. If Eiko gets on Kiyose's nerves too much, I wouldn't be surprised in the latter retaliates.
Feb 19, 2018 9:45 PM

Oct 2008
Such a beautiful episode!
lolz Tokura has so many hair accessories just because its her bday!
Tokura was caught unguarded when Enami-sensei smelled her! it's like she didn't expect that...
So that necklace that Enami-sensei bought was the creation of Tokura, and it that sense she made a secret promise to Hana-chan not to tell anyone about that! Tokura was overjoyed because it's the first time that someone bought and liked her creation!
4/5.

Feb 19, 2018 10:24 PM

Mar 2014
wtf feels like eiko has been stalking the teacher and waiting for the drunken teacher to get out from the restaurant and getting a chance to iirrupt her residence.
Feb 19, 2018 11:10 PM

Jul 2017
Whoa. Sensei.

Well... welcome to the friendzone, Kamuri.
Feb 20, 2018 10:19 PM

Jul 2009
Woah, I definitely did NOT expect the sudden yuri tones and Sensei/Eiko scenes ... but what can I say, I can actually get behind that?! Seems like she's the only one who can fluster Eiko so far, and it seems like Eiko's a little bit of a M to her S ... INTERESTING. Apart from that, Eiko making accessories is pretty cool too! I'd love to be able to do that :O Plus hopefully her telling Hana will give her a bit of courage into admitting her own secret as well. All aboard the ship I suppose ... lol :P
Feb 21, 2018 6:47 AM

Oct 2014
Citrus, this is how you tell yuri romance.
Passione, go learn from A-1 on how to animate yuri scene in a powerful meaning.

MrAwesome2018 said:

Eiko should just forget about her harem and go for Kiyose.

The harem are for play. Kiyose for one husbando for laifu
Feb 23, 2018 4:02 AM
Jun 2017
Its confirm in this episode, Eiko x Hiroe is the real deal. Sorry to say that Hiroe consider only Eiko as a student. Kamuri for sure will be jealous of this relationship. Hahaha
Feb 23, 2018 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
Beyond the strong yuri imprint of the narration, I have seen that the "genuine" character of the characters, especially of Hana, has been exalted even more. Like her friends, I would like to hold her tightly and not leave her. Excellent the quality of drawings and animations.
Feb 25, 2018 10:58 AM

Apr 2017
Hmm, interesting shiiiip... ^%#!@#*&#^@!#*^

Mar 2, 2018 6:14 PM

Mar 2009
You could cut the sexual tension with a knife in this episode. This was a pleasant surprise.

Forbidden love is the name of the game this anime season. Citrus, After the Rain, and now this.
Mar 3, 2018 11:32 AM
Mar 2012
gay level went extraordinary. Eiko & Sensei antics were so fun & natural it's like their meant for each other. lol paperclip made heart.
Heartwarming part with Eiko & Hana, learning more about hairpins & her secret.
Lots of cool fashion with Eiko's dress, sensei's necklace, that modern clock etc.
And much hugs everywhere...
Mar 11, 2018 8:13 AM

Aug 2010
Best CGDCT episode in I don't even know how long, 10/10!
Mar 11, 2018 1:36 PM

Feb 2014
Dat sexual tension. The weird relationship between Eiko and the teacher is probably the most interesting part of the show. It felt like I was watching a completely different show during that entire apartment scene.
Mar 25, 2018 2:21 AM

Oct 2015
I'm feeling uncomfortable watching this episode. Makes Eiko look like a slut and I'm not liking it :/
Mar 31, 2018 5:14 AM

Dec 2012
I started shipping them... So gonna ship them so hard. I almost thought that was a dream or a hallucination or something but then it continued so long to the episode. Anyway good episode
Apr 14, 2018 9:22 AM

Jul 2009
Eiko really have a thing for the teacher! And the teacher really knows how to tease...
Aug 8, 2018 9:48 AM

May 2012
Lovely episode as well as a really funny one! That second part was really great if you ask me! Let's see what's next.
Nov 1, 2018 6:43 AM

Nov 2014
Finally some really good episode. Most things were rather lukewarm so far, with few exceptions, but this one was great. Eiko is most interesting character and her interactions with teacher make her even better.
Feb 26, 2019 4:25 PM
Mar 2018
Eiko is the real killer queen here. And so much repressed sexual tension in such a light high pitched anime...
May 20, 2019 7:29 PM
May 2019
I am starting to think maybe Eiko already has control of everyone in her school, except the teacher. That might be why whenever someone gave her a present, she would automatically lower her head, knowing they all would give her barrettes. The thing about the teacher, Eiko just thinks of her as a challenge, and the more effort she has to use, the more she is falling in love with the teacher. After seeing that episode, it seems to me like Eiko and the teacher are going back and forth with the teasing to see who breaks first. Other than that, this episode was amazing.
Nov 9, 2019 8:33 PM

Sep 2013
I am once again baited by such a wonderful yuri undertones.
Feb 22, 2020 3:31 AM

Aug 2018
I honestly like Eiko maybe the least.. With how she sometimes plays with others' feelings around.. So don't really care about scenes more centered on her, I guess.. Well, she likes teacher, because she's harder accessible or something, right?.. Well, it goes along with her playing around, I guess..
I like teacher, though.. But not interested in Eiko playing around with teacher, really.. I really dislike Eiko just playing around with everyone..
Sensei, you need to stop drinking really.. I'd not trust Eiko not to use information of her being tied up by adult, by teacher.. She can easily blackmail you really with this.. So I'd advice really to stop drinking..
Overall, more Eiko centered episode, so don't really care that much about it.. I don't like, how she's playing around.. Sometimes with Kamuri, sometimes with Enami, meets many other girls, according to her schedule, and scenes we saw her being seductive.. She's really a playboy character, just a girl.. Playgirl, something like that?.. Either way, I don't like her.. Even if maybe understand that she's just good at that, so she's trying to experience the most or something..
Apr 26, 2020 7:31 AM

Feb 2014
I would bet this episode being the best episode of this anime. Very good.

It gave me a boost to watch the anime until the end.

PS.: not the the other episodes were bad, they were fine, in general. With a few and good (yurish) moments.
TechOtakuApr 26, 2020 8:14 AM
Jun 28, 2022 1:03 AM

Feb 2020
So much yuri again.

It's cute how Enami-sensei was wearing a necklace Eiko made.

Nice end card. <3
Mar 16, 2023 6:20 PM

May 2022
Eiko's hot for teacher!
Sep 22, 2023 10:35 PM

Jan 2022
The show is credited as made by A-1 but here it's listed as CloverWorks i.e. when they were still part of A-1. If it's really them, I'm now unsurprised on how well-done the fluid animation is. I also got hints of the art style and direction that would later be used in Bocchi the Rock (examples: Bocchi's awkwardness and Ryo eating weeds)
Dec 16, 2023 7:50 AM

Nov 2023
There's so much hairpins lmao
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2018

46 by Tsune_3 »»
Mar 11, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

82 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:52 AM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

49 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:52 AM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2018

53 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:51 AM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

31 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.