Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 19, 2018 2:59 AM
Jul 2018
Lol, after a decent first episode, it has been only going downhill. Nero fanservice can't really save this, the characters are hardly interesting(doesn't really help that Hakuno as mc is unimpressive to say the least), and then we only have Nero with some sort of personality at least with a bland, monster of the week formula for the story(even the mystery segments are poorly set up with dry exposition). The only thing that keeps me invested are what sort of new servants gonna show up, not really expecting great fights anyway. And yeah ofc these subs don't really help.
removed-userFeb 19, 2018 3:19 AM
Feb 19, 2018 7:10 AM

Feb 2015
So... Fate/extra "anime original" sequel confirmed? because that's the only way I can see this working.

Gotta admit, this is the most solid episode so far IMO, but still...

Dan and Archer were my favourite charactes in the game and now they have opposite personalities.
I can almost garantee that they are gonna die next episode.

Please, get better...
Feb 19, 2018 8:13 AM

Sep 2016
I don't get it, I really want to like this anime but there is something I can't quite put my finger on that prevents me from doing so. I mean, it's Fate, it's a Shaft anime (directed by Akiyuki Shinbou!), it has an ending by Sayuri... so why does it feel so "forced"? Is it Hakuno having too little impact next to the Umu tornado? Is it Nasu being unable to write something with word/time/space constraints to save his life and thus cutting the wrong stuff? I don't know, and I really really wish I knew.
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Feb 19, 2018 10:48 AM

Mar 2012
neku963 said:
So... Fate/extra "anime original" sequel confirmed? because that's the only way I can see this working.

Gotta admit, this is the most solid episode so far IMO, but still...

Dan and Archer were my favourite charactes in the game and now they have opposite personalities.
I can almost garantee that they are gonna die next episode.

Please, get better...

Yeah, I think this really can't stand on its own without viewing it as a side story to extra. Rider forgot how to fight , Blackmore's entire personality was reversed and he seems slightly crazy and the seraph is rotting away but the impact of all those would be lost to an anime only that doesn’t know how those characters and the world were originally.

To me the anime feels really empty right now , this episode was better than the last but I hope it gets better.

Feb 19, 2018 11:26 AM

Feb 2014
The Umu counter was certainly amusing, but this episode, aside from the improved battle animation, certainly is giving out far more questions than answers right now.

The Seraph system is on the brink, as mentioned before, but I'm surprised that the year is now 3020. Hakuno might be emotionless at times, but even he was shocked to hear that coming out of Rani, who was tending to the graves of former masters.

Either way, I'm still enjoying Fate Extra despite its flaws. Nero Saber is one big reason why I like the show, with her carefree and confident personality being really satisfying to watch. =)
Feb 19, 2018 11:48 AM

Jan 2017
Great episode! So nice to see Robin Hood animated, Nero is as hot as always
Feb 19, 2018 12:14 PM

Jul 2014
There were some decent bits and pieces in this episode, but once again I end it feeling more lost and confused than I already was at the start. Granted, the terrible subs don't help much, but I'm seriously having a hard time keeping track of what's going on, and it doesn't help in the slightest that Hakuno never expresses emotions and constantly speaks in monotone, even in the face of the revelation that it's the year 3020 and not the 21st century; it just feels like there's nothing for me as a viewer to really latch on to here, and it's honestly frustrating when this has all the pieces for success (it's Fate, it's Shaft and it's directed by Shinbo, so I should be enjoying this but it all feels so.... flat).
Feb 19, 2018 3:15 PM

Apr 2009
You guys could wait a bit more for better subs like APEX or Chyuu. Just a suggestion.

I liked the episode. The battle music they've been using is cool.

Feb 20, 2018 3:53 AM
Mar 2013
Does Hakuno get better as a character? I feel that he feels just as much cardboard as Sieg, though I reckon he's more in a state of emptiness than anything. Like when
Feb 20, 2018 4:20 AM
Jul 2016
Centurionzo_12 said:
The two things that I wanted adapted was Strange Fake and the Babylon chapter of Grand Order

Strange/Fake is nowhere near being completed so it's probably going to be many years before it gets adapted.
Feb 20, 2018 8:01 AM

Aug 2016
Regarding this 3020 Earth I'm seeing some similarities to Tsuki No Sango,one of Nasu's original short stories.
Feb 20, 2018 8:21 AM

Jul 2016
Much better episode, this gives interesting info dump, which is different from the game's, such as broken se.ra.ph, the year 3020. It seems like Hakuno feels hatred maybe because the feeling of repeating the same defeat all over again, those dead screenshots of him at the past episode, and he can't get further to the top floor, though if the loop is real.

What a surprise, the two exchange personality, the honorable knight is now a desperate man and archer is now not targeting master? as opposed to their game chara counterpart, I guess what Rani said was true, everyone on that that floor went desperate neither bad or good.

Good to see Rani, I been worried that she won't show up on this adaptation. Surprised she's less like a doll here.
Feb 20, 2018 12:20 PM
Mar 2016

With Saber coming outta the bath wearing only a sash, shouldn't this be the part were guy is supposes to say "Why are you naked?! Put some clothes on!"
Feb 20, 2018 12:59 PM

May 2015
I really don't see why people think this is better than Apocrypha. They both have messy stories, but at least Apo had the decency to explain what the hell was happening. It also had better action, more of it, and was just more fun to watch in general. This episode was slightly better than the rest, but that's not really an accomplishment when it's still mediocre.

Feb 20, 2018 2:30 PM

Jul 2015
Bath time Sabre returns once again, this time with one large, red, ribbon thingy wrapped around her, and we also see her mostly unclothed a second time while her wound was being treated... are we gonna see her almost completely nude a lot in this? FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON DRA-I MEAN FATE EXTRA LAST ENCORE. Also, this was a good episode for that Umu Counter.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 20, 2018 2:56 PM

May 2015
yea ok. I don't care. Just make it more interesting and less UMU.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 20, 2018 3:54 PM

Aug 2015
Yasaal said:
Things happened all to quickly with little explanation. They didn't explain much about Rani and what she did so far...

Umu counter at 15 or so. Seems like Saber is the only thing pushing the anime forward, apart from small flashbacks of Hakuno's past. Really hope Hakuno turns out to be a good male MC or at least better than Shirou.

All that Hakuno needs is a better punchline than Shirou’s.

It would take some talent to top that.
Feb 20, 2018 7:41 PM

Sep 2016
Bawse said:
Yasaal said:
Things happened all to quickly with little explanation. They didn't explain much about Rani and what she did so far...

Umu counter at 15 or so. Seems like Saber is the only thing pushing the anime forward, apart from small flashbacks of Hakuno's past. Really hope Hakuno turns out to be a good male MC or at least better than Shirou.

All that Hakuno needs is a better punchline than Shirou’s.

It would take some talent to top that.
Lol yeah XD

Maybe make Shinji come back as well cause best boy
Feb 21, 2018 6:58 AM

Dec 2013
"I made this anime so people who didn't play the OG Extra could understand it." - Nasu, 2k18.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

About Dan's character change: The OG!Dan is so much better. Also just give him the Grail, only Leo can win against this pair since Dan doesn't have honor and pride AKA Archer just kills every master and GG.

that Hakuno with code cast of poison resistance tho, very nice, but how and when did you get it, m8?

Archer is marvelous and THAT ENDING CARD HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG someone pls give me a link of it without the credits??

AND RANI IS HERE, BEST GIRL CAME TO SAVE THE STORY. I'm so happy that they didn't forget Rani.

I was going to give a 3/5, but Archer and Rani appeared, soooooooo 5/5.

Step your game, Nasu, remember that the enemy duo also needs to have development, y'know, like in the game. lol

Feb 21, 2018 12:58 PM
Nov 2015
I've been complaining a lot in other forums about how extremely different from the source material this is, but with this episode I've now realized that this is clearly not an adaptation of Fate/Extra... And I really doubt that this is meant to be watched by anyone who hasn't played the game before.
Feb 22, 2018 9:16 AM

Mar 2012
Tomyloc said:
I've been complaining a lot in other forums about how extremely different from the source material this is, but with this episode I've now realized that this is clearly not an adaptation of Fate/Extra... And I really doubt that this is meant to be watched by anyone who hasn't played the game before.

Nasu said that it wasn't an adaptation of the game since the first episode....but he also lied that it's for newcomers too.
Feb 22, 2018 12:33 PM
Apr 2015
I love it how their awardness is so bad they didn't even realised Rin was gone until like half in the episode lol... It's almost hilariously bad xD

Also funny how despite this still being a "holy grail war" no one want's the grail uptill now... Making Pierce (biggest hypocrite ever lived in type moon) his speech about humanity wanting to abuse the grail completely fall off...

Some minor stuff: Remember when Servants where supposed to be quite durable uptill the point losing a arm wouldn't be much of a hindrance in a fight? Now Nero needs some rest after being shot by a small arrow in the chest, meanwhile vanille saber was running none stop after being hit by a cursed spear wound that didn't heal completely the first 3 days...

I realised with this episode Nasu isn't really keen keeping the same characterisation over his works. That's why blackmore is now a wierd mix of being pragmatic and bloodknight whose only goal is to have the thrill of the hunt even though he only wants to end it fast by focussing on killing the master (another hypocrite).

They should call this show Fate Last Hypocrite, much more fitting.
Feb 23, 2018 4:07 AM

Jun 2011
frenze12 said:

Some minor stuff: Remember when Servants where supposed to be quite durable uptill the point losing a arm wouldn't be much of a hindrance in a fight? Now Nero needs some rest after being shot by a small arrow in the chest, meanwhile vanille saber was running none stop after being hit by a cursed spear wound that didn't heal completely the first 3 days...

Archer released poison prior when she got shot so it's easy to conclude the arrow was coated with special poison.
Feb 23, 2018 4:27 AM
Nov 2017
SwiftKilla said:
Does Hakuno get better as a character? I feel that he feels just as much cardboard as Sieg, though I reckon he's more in a state of emptiness than anything. Like when

Actually his personality is different from the game, and him being bland in personality and appearance was a plot point, with several characters even telling him that.

The anime is more of a side story that an adaptation, Nasu said that was gonna be original with the intention of being see by newcomer and veteran's alike.

Sadly now we can pretty much confirm that you should have played the game to appreciate the show and most of the newcomers will only get disappoint
Feb 23, 2018 4:32 AM
Nov 2017
MaeOrchid said:
I'm going to be honest. I'm 4 episodes in and I'm still not feeling it. Nero has too much personality while Hakuno has next to none. He is more emotionless than Sieg. What the heck? The only character I like so far is Archer aka
. Though, he will probably die next episode. :/

I miss having Shirou as a protag...

Actually Hakuno personality is different from the game, but he also did have a bland appearance and personality but that was actually a plot point, some character even point out that andthere's was a plot twist.
Feb 24, 2018 7:15 AM

Oct 2008
What's-up with the lack of Masters? but servants are all complete without masters...
anywayz UMU¬ABU! lolz
4/5.

Feb 24, 2018 7:15 PM

Feb 2013
More interesting than last episode.

... yes, where did Rin disappear to... (I really think she should not even be in this version)
Mar 3, 2018 11:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Archer was very merciful! He had the opportunity to kill him, but failed, and all can pass now!!! Although the development is easy to imagine!!!!
Mar 6, 2018 3:42 PM

Oct 2012
Very nice atmosphere and also nimble and not obvious hints as Shaft is expert on that. The graveyard part with the dream before was creepy too. And I like the interactions between Saber and Hakuno, I'm starting to feel that Shaft can probably save the Fate. We're not quite there yet but it's at least much much better than Apocrypha.

Pretty interesting revelation that this is being set very far into the future. Now not only he has to reach the highest floor but he also have the rest of the series left to think of his wish. Will he save humanity, will he destroy Moon Cell? Who knows.

And that also leaves a question why there are both Sakura and Rin (well..) Now I only wonder why Rin always disappears so quickly.
Mar 12, 2018 11:45 PM

Mar 2009
Series is worth it for the busty red Saber. Thanks for the fanservice, Shaft.
Mar 13, 2018 10:09 AM

Sep 2015
Whoahoho said:

With Saber coming outta the bath wearing only a sash, shouldn't this be the part were guy is supposes to say "Why are you naked?! Put some clothes on!"

I need this as an optional costume for my Saber of Red in FGO 😍😍😍. Good episode Archer was a bad ass, better than I expected with his cloaking abilities. Also nice to get some main plot info
QcK_Dagger_HeaTMar 13, 2018 10:43 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Mar 16, 2018 11:42 AM
Jun 2017
It's better than the previous episode only because of the reveal at the end, till now it just felt like they were stuck in a video game and fighting because reasons.
Mar 23, 2018 3:50 AM

Aug 2017
Finally, more explanation about their world. That Archer is Robin Hood? 4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 4, 2018 2:08 PM
May 2017
I'm not hating this. But I confess I expected more. The battles are well below the standard we've seen on Zero, Stay Night and Apocrypha.

ZBlastHistory said:
Soooooo after Rin take a bath with Saber they don't notice she missing after they arrive on next floor?

This is another strange thing. How could they take so long to notice that she was no longer with them?

Toshiya_ said:

Maybe she went somewhere on her own? Or that scene was from another timeline.

Surely she separated from them on her own. But that does not rule out the fact that it has been poorly worked out that they take so long to realize.
Besides, if it was another timeline Nero would not have felt the same way.

spicychile said:
but I wish Hakuno had more than two facial expressions

LeciaMae said:
Nero has too much personality while Hakuno has next to none. He is more emotionless than Sieg.

This is another problem. The protagonist has very little personality

The anime really starts in an interesting way. But then he loses strength. Nero is the character who keeps me in the anime.
Beyond flashbacks. In this episode are given interesting revelations that keeps me stuck to the story.
Nov 21, 2018 5:44 AM
Nov 2018
This is improving slowly but improving nonetheless
Jun 20, 2019 5:42 AM

Dec 2018
Some patient that girl had to wait for 50 years.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 19, 2019 7:17 AM

Mar 2018
FrozenRaider said:
yea ok. I don't care. Just make it more interesting and less UMU.

The umu was what kept me watching. :D
Jan 28, 2020 11:29 AM

Apr 2013
Hmm I'm not sure what this show is missing, the action is not bad and Saber is cool. Still not as enjoyable to watch as I thought, feels kinda empty in some scenes.
May 29, 2020 1:51 AM

Dec 2012
They seriously don't miss a chance to show off Nero's naked body. What in the world is this fan service? Not that it really bothers me :lenny:
Kal'tsit: Is that... really worth it? Amiya...

Amiya: Even if no one understands me... I'll keep going on the path I choose.
Maybe it will incinerate me to dust... But if I don't do it, no one can.

Arknights ▵ Crylix#0810
May 24, 2021 12:11 PM

Jan 2009
Saber is sexy hot

Hakuno is edgy or pessimist for sure because of his amnesia

ye a Cyber World can be a utopia for mankind so what the hell happened
Dec 1, 2023 7:06 PM

Nov 2023
What an enjoyable anime this was. I like how Nero is completely naked and for Hakuno to see. :3
Dec 3, 2023 6:32 PM
Jul 2023
Wow, Saber is hot and they love showing it
- Rin came with them but they didn’t realise she was missing? Wtf
- Was that Robin Hood? The sniper guy seems cool too
- Rani is mysterious, I wonder what her deal is
- They’re thousands of years in the future? And he may have been at the top floor and sent back down? In confused
- So slowwwwwww
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

119 by bl3nk_anime »»
Yesterday, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

72 by Selleri_UmU »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.