Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 19, 2018 10:31 PM

Dec 2009
HOOOOLYYYYY FUUUUUCK that was intense.

Fucking love Matsuri, but goddamn this triangle shit. The two of them was 100% tiger vs dragon.

Did i mention i love Matsuri? Second year middleschool yet a total badass and even goes into the shady stuff heheh.

SJ7izm said:
Getting used to the voice already, honestly. I like the manga's portrayal of Matsuri's anger way better, though.

She either just glares or does a really dark smile. It suits her way more to me, as opposed to her actually furrowing her brow.
Understandable... The blank look has much more depth to it.

Part of me hopes she was lying about using searched up images on the web.

That end though, Mei wasn't showing it on her face much, but she was piiiissed the fuck off LOL.
GenesisAriaFeb 19, 2018 11:02 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 19, 2018 10:44 PM

May 2015
Matsuri is slightly annoying, but not because of her voice. I don't see why that is such a problem. It might not fit with her appearance, but it definitely fits her personality. She's acts like a child, so she sounds like one.

She's annoying because as of now, from an anime-only perspective, it looks like her entire purpose is just to meddle and create stupid misunderstandings and drama. I know that's a staple of yuri, and the romance genre in general, but it's something I really wish would just die out. I hope her character gets fleshed out, with some kind of backstory or motivation behind her actions.

Feb 19, 2018 10:59 PM

Mar 2017
Tasel said:
I don't know what kind of products Yuzu uses, but her knees are too pink.
Lolllllllllllllll

Damn I really thought Matsuri would have a kinda deeper, seductive voice so when I first heard her sound like a fucking duck................

And I kinda thought this week's animation is a bit worse than usual. The in-betweens were a bit weird and like the overused suprised juice-spitting face scene
Feb 20, 2018 12:03 AM

Dec 2009
@Saucy wonderful post<3

Saucy said:
Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen a reply or discussion as to Mei's strange reaction to Yuzu kissing Matsuri.

Mei was clearly affected and distracted by it, but the one line she said really stuck with me. Sorry if I get the wording wrong, but Mei hugged Yuzu from behind and after trying to grope her said something like: "isn't this what sisters do?"

I'm really conflicted as to what this means. Prior to this, I read Mei's sexual aggression as a way to push Yuzu away, but this time, it seems like seeing Yuzu kiss someone else really bothered Mei and I would have guessed that she would shut down, but no, she pressed on almost going back to where they used to be.

My best explanation so far is that Mei really is conflicted about her feelings and she's fighting between possibly being attracted to Yuzu and thinking that it's wrong. She tries to push Yuzu's boundaries again knowing how she will react and maybe that's what she wants. She wants a reason to not love Yuzu or maybe make Yuzu hate her. Trying to squash Yuzu's love for her because she isn't sure she can return it.

Of course, that's only a tentative theory. I would be interested in what you think about that particular scene.
Basically...

Going on human psychology here: her issue is that she's on the border (and has been the whole time) between being a sistern and her old conditioned habits of misusing sexual activities. Her understanding of these things is quite a bit different because of her circumstances; she's not overly familiar with what love is supposed to be etc. When Mei sees Matsuri doing that, it's like, there's a subconscious jealous she doesn't understand, then there's her old sexually abusive conditioning, then there's Matsuri being referred to as a sister, so Mei is comparing herself to Matsuri as she imagines Yuzu's perspective might be.

So yeah, Mei's mind is a mess just as Yuzu's is, but in a different way. They're both confused and disoriented and continue to confuse eachother. Which frankly, although dramatic and hella spicy, is also cute when you think about it.

Saucy said:
I worry about this particular arc with Matsuri because she seems like a typical romance roadblock. I wouldn't mind so much if she served a purpose in developing the relationship between Yuzu and Mei, or even fleshing out Harumin as Yuzu's best friend, but I hope Matsuri is given logical motivations. So far, she seems like a pretty shallow burnout who uses people for her amusement. People like that exist. They're easy to hate and they make pretty boring "villains."
Hmm... I don't find it boring, personally this was the most intense development yet. She is a MONSTROUS catalyst between Mei and Yuzu, because it's going to make Mei jealous and introspect. Matsuri is my favourite char so far in this series, but i have a soft spot for naughty cuties (especially when they're a bit young DX), but if you were paying close attention to that last development, Mei was utterly furious with Matsuri, for so many reasons, but her jealousy added a dark vibe to her staunch demeanour; she is staking her claim against Matsuri and even abused her powers to do it - even if not conscious decision - huge development. I've never been so on the edge of my seat for the outcome of a triangle before. I mean it's obvious Matsuri is gonna lose, but how dirty is it gonna get before that happens?
GenesisAriaFeb 20, 2018 6:51 PM

Feb 20, 2018 8:47 AM

Jul 2009
Matsuri!!! This arc is really good for sure, her voice is a bit annoying, but I guess it goes well with her personality.
Love the moment when she kisses Yuzu and Mei see them! Next episode will be epic!
Feb 20, 2018 10:30 AM

Feb 2016
GenesisAria said:

Going on human psychology here: her issue is that she's on the berder (and has been the whole time) between being a sistern and her old conditioned habits of misusing sexual activities. Her understanding of these things is quite a bit different because of her circumstances; she's not overly familiar with what love is supposed to be etc. When Mei sees Matsuri doing that, it's like, there's a subconscious jealous she doesn't understand, then there's her old sexually abusive conditioning, then there's Matsuri being referred to as a sister, so Mei is comparing herself to Matsuri as she imagines Yuzu's perspective might be.

So yeah, Mei's mind is a mess just as Yuzu's is, but in a different way. They're both confused and disoriented and continue to confuse eachother. Which frankly, although dramatic and hella spicy, is also cute when you think about it.

Saucy said:
I worry about this particular arc with Matsuri because she seems like a typical romance roadblock. I wouldn't mind so much if she served a purpose in developing the relationship between Yuzu and Mei, or even fleshing out Harumin as Yuzu's best friend, but I hope Matsuri is given logical motivations. So far, she seems like a pretty shallow burnout who uses people for her amusement. People like that exist. They're easy to hate and they make pretty boring "villains."
Hmm... I don't find it boring, personally this was the most intense development yet. She is a MONSTROUS catalyst between Mei and Yuzu, because it's going to make Mei jealous and introspect. Matsuri is my favourite char so far in this series, but i have a soft spot for naughty cuties (especially when they're a bit young DX), but if you were paying close attention to that last development, Mei was utterly furious with Matsuri, for so many reasons, but her jealousy added a dark vibe to her staunch demeanour; she is staking her claim against Matsuri and even abused her powers to do it - even if not conscious decision - huge development. I've never been so on the edge of my seat for the outcome of a triangle before. I mean it's obvious Matsuri is gonna lose, but how dirty is it gonna get before that happens?

My two biggest worries at this point are this: 1) Why does Mei push boundaries with Yuzu, and 2) will Matsuri have a relatable motivation?

1. The fact that Mei takes liberties with Yuzu is very confusing to me. It made sense when Yuzu kissed Mei at school because she was fighting conflicting feelings and making a confession to Mei, but when Mei attacks Yuzu, it's just not clear why she does it. I think we can all agree that Mei and Yuzu see love very differently and treat sexual affection differently as well. This is reflected in both of their personalities.

Yuzu is is true to her emotions and allows them to drive her actions. There are many instances where this is clear. Mei, on the other hand, is very rational, calculated, and cynical. We saw how this informs their ideas of love in episode 6. It look Yuzu just a single kiss to fall in love with Mei and feel butterflies around her. Yuzu, however, doesn't operate that way. She needs people to prove to her that they're worth loving and it took Yuzu 6 episodes of showing Mei that she cares about her to finally prove to her that she's worth Mei's love.

Again, the way they see sexuality is very different. Yuzu is a romantic. Every touch, kiss, and word matters to her. This is why she was so conflicted about Mei kissing her and then touching her repeatedly. To Yuzu, a kiss has very specific meaning and of course, so does the way Mei touches her. This is why she becomes angry at Mei when she can tell that Mei isn't being genuine when she touches her, she even says herself, "I don't want it like this." It's not just about touching and sex for her, she needs meaning and genuine love. Mei is clearly much too liberal with sexual touching since she doesn't see it as a big deal. To her, it's a tool.

But this my problem. I don't get why Mei acts this way. This is perhaps one of the major criticisms against Citrus and I hope we get more insight into why Mei does this because my own theories are not totally satisfying. We don't get to know what she's thinking, but based on how she acts, she sees sex as a tool to get what she wants. I think she initially saw Yuzu as a nuisance and realized that Yuzu was weak to flirtation, which is why she pressed her hard in hopes of pissing off Yuzu and pushing her away. Mei eventually realized that this actually made Yuzu love her more and drove her to be an even bigger nuisance to her, so she backed off. But even that theory doesn't quite explain why Mei forced herself onto Yuzu on the bed when she was crying. I suppose Mei could have just been in a moment of emotional weakness, but in that moment, she said something that made her seem sinister, like she takes joy in sexually manipulating Yuzu. And again, she lashed out by attacking Yuzu after seeing her kiss Matsuri.

It's possible that Mei doesn't quite understand love and is trying to use her sexuality to see if she can feel anything, but her comments about manipulating Yuzu make me wonder if there's really more to it. Why did she take joy in it? I'm just not sure yet.

I don't seen any evidence to suggest Mei was abused, unless it's in the manga. The only thing that comes close is her being forced to marry that teacher at the start and I just don't know enough to say whether she wasn't also a manipulating the teacher.

2. As far as Matsuri. My worry is that she's obviously isn't going to take up the rest of the season, so her motivations won't be explored that well. As of now, she is here to drive a wedge between Mei and Yuzu, which is meant to help Mei work out how she feels about Yuzu. She is obviously conflicted and jealous, but we don't know how far she will go. Does she want Yuzu to be just her sister, or does Mei think Yuzu is worth her love as well?

Matsuri herself is portrayed as a sociopath. She has no shame, no regard for people's feelings, and she's able to produce a fake persona to fool Yuzu. Harumin and Mei see through her, which is good, but this type of character worries me because we could have a much better roadblock. As the audience, we are clearly meant to hate Matsuri. She arrives just as Mei and Yuzu finally reach a moment of mutual attraction. But instead of having Matsuri be someone everyone but Yuzu seems to hate, it would have been much more powerful to make her a really likeable character. Someone who we as the audience can really see rival Mei, as well as make Yuzu question her love for Mei.

Now, there are at least two good reasons to make Matsuri completely unlikeable. For one, it makes Mei appear much more likeable by contrast. Mei is seen by many people as a heartless bitch and meeting someone who is truly heartless makes Mei seem much better. And two, Matsuri being some aggressive and evil is an unambiguous signal to Mei that she needs to intervene and fight for Yuzu. If Matsuri was likeable, perhaps Mei could just let her have what she wants, but this obviously wouldn't be a satisfying outcome. Also, by attacking a likeable character, Mei would again appear to be a gigantic bitch, which would not help how Yuzu and we as viewers see her.

Ultimately, I am excited for the rest, I just hope the writers don't pull a fast one with Matsuri and make her some saint. I hope her motivations make sense.

Feb 20, 2018 11:30 AM
Apr 2013
it's kinda sad once any episode is on air the anime rank goes down and down, maybe it will end with 6.8 or something...
Feb 20, 2018 11:58 AM

Mar 2010
Saucy said:

Again, the way they see sexuality is very different. Yuzu is a romantic. Every touch, kiss, and word matters to her. This is why she was so conflicted about Mei kissing her and then touching her repeatedly. To Yuzu, a kiss has very specific meaning and of course, so does the way Mei touches her. This is why she becomes angry at Mei when she can tell that Mei isn't being genuine when she touches her, she even says herself, "I don't want it like this." It's not just about touching and sex for her, she needs meaning and genuine love. Mei is clearly much too liberal with sexual touching since she doesn't see it as a big deal. To her, it's a tool.

no no no, big mistake, Yuzu becomes angry at Mei because she calls her easy. in that context it means slut/whore.
Feb 20, 2018 2:57 PM

Dec 2017
Yasashi- said:
it's kinda sad once any episode is on air the anime rank goes down and down, maybe it will end with 6.8 or something...

I personally do not mind. I did at the beginning,

"Ah this anime is amazing, why would people rate it 2 it doesn't make any sense, they just expected something else and rate it because they're disappointed and not based on the actual anime's quality"

But hey, many people loved it, and that's the only thing you need to remember, not the non-sense retard rating this under 5 just because "it's not what they expected" or even better "Yuri is not my type of anime so I rate this 0" hahaha. For your own sake, don't mind the rating, it's not representative ;-)
Feb 20, 2018 3:16 PM

Feb 2016
LF2005 said:
Saucy said:

no no no, big mistake, Yuzu becomes angry at Mei because she calls her easy. in that context it means slut/whore.

Disagree. Yuzu doesn't care about being called a slut or whore, she knows Mei knows it's not true and moreover, Yuzu was trying to play a whore by pretending to be a "gal."

Yuzu slapped Mei for insulting her because Mei was being condescending, and she didn't call her "easy," she said Yuzu "submitted" so easily to her because she knows Yuzu is weak to flirtation. Yuzu realized that Mei wasn't being genuine, which is why she slapped her for insulting her and manipulating her feelings.

Also, Mei knows Yuzu is a virgin, so the slut thing doesn't make much sense.

I am cheating a little because the manga has some lines that didn't make it into the anime, but in the manga, when Mei forces herself onto Yuzu and sticks her hand in Yuzu's pants, Yuzu says: "I don't want it like this."

To me, this line isn't necessary to understand how Yuzu feels and why's she's angry, but it's a 100% confirmation that while she loves Mei, she wants Mei to return that love. Sex isn't the only thing she's after. This is why Yuzu is angry at Mei because she sees Mei isn't being genuine and is instead trying to manipulate her to make herself feel better.

Feb 20, 2018 4:25 PM

Feb 2015
Ahh... Very eventful. My favourite scene was when Mei conftonted Yuzu when they got home for some reason. That was done well.

I hate this Matsuri girl but I also don't because she's damn interesting, messed up, and has definitely shaken things up. Her "part time job" is creepy as fuck, and it's creepier because she sounds like a 3 year old too. Weird seiyuu casting there.

So I'm now fully on "team Mei" I guess. She has grown on me and now I think I like her more than Yuzu. We'll see where things go from here...
Feb 20, 2018 7:19 PM

Dec 2009
@Saucy
I know pretty well what Mei is thinking, it's pretty well broadcasted in her actions and behaviours, which is partly why i respect this series so much.

Mei is distorted. She's been used, so she's learned sexual things to be like venting and stuff... She thinks Yuzu is coming on to her like all the others did, or at least that's where she initially comes from "oh it's another one," basically. Even if Mei likes Yuzu deep down, her actions are full of contempt from her experiences... To her, those things aren't pleasurable or nice. She doesn't understand, because she's confused about Yuzu, as from her perspective, it's mixed messages: "do you want me as a sister, or do you just want my body?" It's truly not that complicated.

So yeah, let me clarify: Mei is not liberal, she's tainted.

When Mei comes on to Yuzu sexually it's a combination of 2 things:
1) venting on others how she herself was treated
2) she gets the impression that Yuzu wants to use her, so she's like "is this what you want?"
ofc that's not what Yuzu wants, she doesn't want Mei's body, she wants Mei's love, which includes intimacy.

Saucy said:
I don't seen any evidence to suggest Mei was abused, unless it's in the manga. The only thing that comes close is her being forced to marry that teacher at the start and I just don't know enough to say whether she wasn't also a manipulating the teacher.

wut?
I dunno if you've been around anyone who's been involved in those kinds of things or know a whole lot about human psychology, but it's pretty damn obvious she's been sexually abused; whether or not she's been penetrated i don't recall being specified, but she's been treated as an object by at least 1 man, and that's her exposure to it. All her behaviours and actions 100% point to sexual misconduct to her in the past. She's not a slut at all, she's not interested in sex at all, because to her, it's not a pleasurable thing. This is why Yuzu is disturbed by Mei's corrupted touch, which Yuzu clearly doesn't fully understand yet.
...Let's not forget her daddy troubles as well.

Saucy said:
As far as Matsuri. My worry is that she's obviously isn't going to take up the rest of the season, so her motivations won't be explored that well. As of now, she is here to drive a wedge between Mei and Yuzu, which is meant to help Mei work out how she feels about Yuzu. She is obviously conflicted and jealous, but we don't know how far she will go. Does she want Yuzu to be just her sister, or does Mei think Yuzu is worth her love as well?

Matsuri herself is portrayed as a sociopath. She has no shame, no regard for people's feelings, and she's able to produce a fake persona to fool Yuzu. Harumin and Mei see through her, which is good, but this type of character worries me because we could have a much better roadblock. As the audience, we are clearly meant to hate Matsuri. She arrives just as Mei and Yuzu finally reach a moment of mutual attraction. But instead of having Matsuri be someone everyone but Yuzu seems to hate, it would have been much more powerful to make her a really likeable character. Someone who we as the audience can really see rival Mei, as well as make Yuzu question her love for Mei.
Uhh, being an obsessive sociopath actually makes her absurdly dangerous. Matsuri could make shit real nasty real fast depending on her decisions, and how much she wants Yuzu. Obsessive sociopath is potentially more dangerous than standard yandere. We already know she gets angry and can be violent, and will also con-game to cover tracks etc etc... she's extremely extremely clever. Matsuri is my favourite character in this series by a long shot because of her intensity; that said, i don't want her to destroy Yuzu x Mei.

Saucy said:
Now, there are at least two good reasons to make Matsuri completely unlikeable. For one, it makes Mei appear much more likeable by contrast. Mei is seen by many people as a heartless bitch and meeting someone who is truly heartless makes Mei seem much better. And two, Matsuri being some aggressive and evil is an unambiguous signal to Mei that she needs to intervene and fight for Yuzu. If Matsuri was likeable, perhaps Mei could just let her have what she wants, but this obviously wouldn't be a satisfying outcome. Also, by attacking a likeable character, Mei would again appear to be a gigantic bitch, which would not help how Yuzu and we as viewers see her.
I guess it makes sense, as Matsuri being a turn to "Mei is better", though that's more of a personal opinion... I'd rather be with a girl that'd make my life interesting, rather than one to mellow me out (as Yuzu would with Mei). It's less about what the viewer thinks, and more about how she's a wrench in the works that kicks everything up into the air, and gets Mei off her confused butt and straightening her views.

It probably won't get as thrilling as i hope, in the same way that Kuzu no Honkai and Netsuzou TRap didn't get too dirty, but we'll see. Try not to think of me as someone who wants all the corrupt stuff all the time, like 98% of the time i want pure lovey stuff because i love love, but breaking from that sometimes is definitely a thrill... and we never really get to see really spicy deep psychological relationship corruption or conflict, as it's usually either superficial, or else someone explodes into yandere and stabs everyone, which is too direct.
GenesisAriaFeb 20, 2018 7:26 PM

Feb 20, 2018 11:12 PM

Dec 2016
Damn Matsuri really is worst girl of the season and she could've been so cute and sweet!! :(
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 20, 2018 11:57 PM

Feb 2016
@GenesisAria

I just don't get where you're finding evidence for Mei being sexually abused. She knows that the way she treats Yuzu is wrong and she knows Yuzu doesn't deserve it. I just think that the way she views sex is utilitarian, much like all of her other relationships. She has been building her life the way her dad had before he left and this made her grow cold and cynical. I think her absolute denial of her emotional side coupled with her ambition is what led her to lose touch with people. This is why she say Yuzu as just a nuisance rather than someone she would want around and as any good romance/coming of age story, Yuzu is the spark needed to light Mei's fuse, to bring her back into the light.

Sociopath or not, Matsuri, if not given proper motivations is a terrible character. People who do terrible things for no reason, or bad reasons, are not interesting or fun. Even tragic characters are only good if we can be reminded that they're human and that we can be in their shoes. If Masturi is doing evil shit because she's bored and doesn't care, that doesn't make her fun, that makes her an annoying and sad nuisance. The audience should feel sorry for her or at least be able to understand why she does what she does. It's not possible to understand sociopaths or psychopaths because they lack some of the most basic human qualities like empathy.

I think Mei is leagues more interesting than Matsuri because again, Mei has a depth that we just don't see in Matsuri.

Feb 21, 2018 8:22 AM

Mar 2014
You wont regret Matsuri when her Arc is over

Like I said Matsuri is the catalyst for Mei's awakening and break free from her emotionless cage

Yuzu sparks the fire
Matsuri is the fuel
for Mei to go forward

Matsuri knows the game and basically she was able to see it through just looking at their group photo
and now she is manipulating it

Mei doesn't know what it Jealousy until Matsuri came

Think of it Mei is a robot and programmed to follow certain commands only
The way Mei do things with Yuzu is base on her logical thinking

In Mei's case she doesn't experience in reality, because she follow what her Father's footstep while she was young

BUT

When her Father left the school, her program is messed up in a sense program error happened like a computer

Due to unexpected event she handles the school with her Grandfather

BUT

Her grandfather told her " Do whatever you want " (Grandfather collapsed episode)

Mei is now lost and can't find the path to follow

Thats where Yuzu comes in to guide / support her
With Matsuri in the scene
This will build / repair Mei's Emotionless / empty shell

Guessing from the Opening and 12 episode
Will end at School Trip Arc = The real Test of LOVE !!!!!!!

Sadly won't reach Student Council Election Arc
Feb 21, 2018 8:54 AM

Mar 2010
GenesisAria said:
@Saucy
I know pretty well what Mei is thinking, it's pretty well broadcasted in her actions and behaviours, which is partly why i respect this series so much.

Mei is distorted. She's been used, so she's learned sexual things to be like venting and stuff... She thinks Yuzu is coming on to her like all the others did, or at least that's where she initially comes from "oh it's another one," basically. Even if Mei likes Yuzu deep down, her actions are full of contempt from her experiences... To her, those things aren't pleasurable or nice. She doesn't understand, because she's confused about Yuzu, as from her perspective, it's mixed messages: "do you want me as a sister, or do you just want my body?" It's truly not that complicated.

So yeah, let me clarify: Mei is not liberal, she's tainted.

When Mei comes on to Yuzu sexually it's a combination of 2 things:
1) venting on others how she herself was treated
2) she gets the impression that Yuzu wants to use her, so she's like "is this what you want?"
ofc that's not what Yuzu wants, she doesn't want Mei's body, she wants Mei's love, which includes intimacy.

I think that summarized the vibes that I get from this. with so many vibes pointing that direction I think it will be a crap writing if it will give another explination, because I don't think any other explination can make much sense.
Feb 21, 2018 4:42 PM

Dec 2009
Saucy said:
I just don't get where you're finding evidence for Mei being sexually abused.
She was being forced on and caught in a manner that very clearly suggested it wasn't the first time, she was not resisting much, as if she'd been conditioned, clearly disinterested, and he was definitely forcing himself on her... But it's literally everywhere, there's nothing you can look at in what happened that isn't some kind of evidence. This is a textbook example of how someone acts when venting their limited understanding of being used. Mei is a pure girl and is pretty oblivious to sexual things, but it has been forced upon her, causing her to mimic the corrupted impression of what she thinks sexual activities are.

Saucy said:
She knows that the way she treats Yuzu is wrong and she knows Yuzu doesn't deserve it. I just think that the way she views sex is utilitarian, much like all of her other relationships. She has been building her life the way her dad had before he left and this made her grow cold and cynical. I think her absolute denial of her emotional side coupled with her ambition is what led her to lose touch with people. This is why she say Yuzu as just a nuisance rather than someone she would want around and as any good romance/coming of age story, Yuzu is the spark needed to light Mei's fuse, to bring her back into the light.
If anything it's interesting how you drew such different conclusions from the same details. I don't think you're correct on this perspective, but this is very interesting to see.

Saucy said:
Sociopath or not, Matsuri, if not given proper motivations is a terrible character. People who do terrible things for no reason, or bad reasons, are not interesting or fun. Even tragic characters are only good if we can be reminded that they're human and that we can be in their shoes. If Masturi is doing evil shit because she's bored and doesn't care, that doesn't make her fun, that makes her an annoying and sad nuisance. The audience should feel sorry for her or at least be able to understand why she does what she does. It's not possible to understand sociopaths or psychopaths because they lack some of the most basic human qualities like empathy.
Matsuri became unusually attached to Yuzu when they were younger, as their relationship meant more to her than it did to Yuzu. Matsuri is trying to NTR for her own gain.
GenesisAriaFeb 21, 2018 4:47 PM

Feb 22, 2018 7:24 PM

Feb 2016
@GenesisAria

I mean no offence, but that is a huge leap in logic. Just because she wasn't resisting does not mean she was conditioned. There is nothing "classic" about the way she was behaving. First-time victims of sexual assault end up victims exactly because of this behavior.

There are many reasons to explain why she wasn't resisting. For one, they were supposed to get married, and since her goal was to run the academy, this was a necessary step in her plan. The fact that it was arranged for her also supports the idea that she felt like she couldn't refuse him.

I'm not saying it's not possible that Mei was sexually abused as a child, but there is just not enough evidence to boldly assert it as so. It's not the only explanation for her behaviors, albeit it could explain why she feels like she can take such liberties with Yuzu without consequences.

Again, my explanation was that Mei was trying to push Yuzu away and to make sure she wasn't a threat to her future, but this idea backfired on her and lead to Yuzu falling in love with her. Just think of how powerful of a tool sex can be. If you have just been introduced to a sibling with whom you don't want anything to do with, crossing such a boundary is a sure signal to put them off. There are obvious problems with that approach, but it's a sure way to get them to hate you.

I don't know what other signs you're talking about since you only mentioned the one with her kissing the teacher.

Feb 23, 2018 1:22 AM

Jul 2016
I'm glad the next episode will be available in little more than 24 hours. And that I was able to see all these episodes in a row.
Feb 24, 2018 6:24 AM

Dec 2017
I hate Matsuri so much, there's nothing worse than a character that is pain in the ass because they don't give a shit about anything and just wanna make a mess for the sake of it. Here I thought that Momo idiot was my biggest problem. But if we're gonna look on a story telling point of view, Mei needed to wake up to the her real feelings towards Yuzu and the easiest way to do that is with a rival. That's a shame they're going down this path, I just hope Matsuri gets wrecked and kicked out by the next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2018 7:26 AM
Dec 2013
sea-lemon said:
I hate Matsuri so much, there's nothing worse than a character that is pain in the ass because they don't give a shit about anything and just wanna make a mess for the sake of it. Here I thought that Momo idiot was my biggest problem. But if we're gonna look on a story telling point of view, Mei needed to wake up to the her real feelings towards Yuzu and the easiest way to do that is with a rival. That's a shame they're going down this path, I just hope Matsuri gets wrecked and kicked out by the next episode.
actually theres quite a good reason why matsuri is doing that. in case youre reading this after ep 8,
Feb 24, 2018 8:10 AM

Dec 2017
MHEEC said:

That still doesn't justify her behaviour, in fact, it's such a cliche explanation that I don't feel an ounce of pity for her. She has gone on this long without Yuzu, so she should carry on without her. I did think the reason for her being unlikeable was because her parents were assholes, but she still comes across as a brat that needs to disappear no matter what.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2018 8:42 AM
Dec 2013
sea-lemon said:
MHEEC said:

That still doesn't justify her behaviour, in fact, it's such a cliche explanation that I don't feel an ounce of pity for her. She has gone on this long without Yuzu, so she should carry on without her.
but she still comes across as a brat that needs to disappear no matter what.
if you live a whole life with
youre very likely gonna become someone bitter and depressive, sometimes even violent. matsuri deal with her pain by clinging into yuzu, and trying to protect something so precious to her is only natural, especially when she deems the other one isnt worthy of her affection. can you imagine how you would react if someone really dear to you (apparently) exchanged you for an asshole? her actions not too far fetched, in fact its the opposite

also, mark spoilers
Feb 24, 2018 10:33 AM

Sep 2013
It's okay to kiss your little sister :)
Matsuri cheats old guys out of money.
Feb 24, 2018 9:09 PM

Dec 2009
Saucy said:
I'm not saying it's not possible that Mei was sexually abused as a child, but there is just not enough evidence to boldly assert it as so. It's not the only explanation for her behaviors, albeit it could explain why she feels like she can take such liberties with Yuzu without consequences.
Perhaps you're jumping the gun on what i'm saying... I never said anything about sexually abused as a child, i mean a sexually ignorant/inexperienced delicate class type girl gets her first exposure to it in highschool years probably; i was referring to prior actions by the same man, and possibly others, not her whole bloody childhood.

Saucy said:
Again, my explanation was that Mei was trying to push Yuzu away and to make sure she wasn't a threat to her future, but this idea backfired on her and lead to Yuzu falling in love with her. Just think of how powerful of a tool sex can be. If you have just been introduced to a sibling with whom you don't want anything to do with, crossing such a boundary is a sure signal to put them off. There are obvious problems with that approach, but it's a sure way to get them to hate you.
Sex is not that powerful unless you're already susceptible. Yuzu would have already had lesbian tendencies within her nature, just yet unrealized.

Saucy said:
I don't know what other signs you're talking about since you only mentioned the one with her kissing the teacher.
Only the one incident was spoken of because that's the one Yuzu saw. It's not unreasonable to assume it's happened multiple times, especially with her response when it was happening, it was like it had happened before and she was going through the motions.... Her to be suddenly lewd with a teacher and act in ways that blatantly suggest it's happened before, would be what is an unlikely stretch.
Why else would she be so sexually deranged whilst knowing fuckall about what it really means? Come on.

Feb 24, 2018 11:21 PM

Feb 2016
@GenesisAria

She's no an idiot. If she wasn't sexually abused a child, as a teen, I doubt she would develop such a skewed sense of what sex means or what it's like. We have no idea what her sexual history is like and again, there isn't much evidence to go on. The fact that she forced herself onto Yuzu to show her what it felt like to be kissed by that teacher, to me, shows that she knows this kind of behavior is wrong.

I just think she has a skewed or cynical view of what love is and what sex means to people. She seems to view it as a tool to manipulate and get what she wants like she did with the teacher and and like she tried with Yuzu.

Feb 25, 2018 3:53 PM

Dec 2009
@Saucy She'd have no reason to believe sex a tool to manipulate unless she'd been victim or otherwise exposed to such things.

Feb 25, 2018 4:16 PM

Feb 2016
GenesisAria said:
@Saucy She'd have no reason to believe sex a tool to manipulate unless she'd been victim or otherwise exposed to such things.

Not at all. I don't think you need to experience it to know that sex is a powerful tool, even as a teen. The media we all consume in the form of television, film, books, and even music all shows that people are willing to do a lot for sex. It's really not that difficult to figure out. Even if she was sheltered her whole life, she can still learn to manipulate people this way fairly easily.

Feb 25, 2018 5:26 PM

Dec 2009
@Saucy
But now you're assuming she watched a lot of sex drama or porn... but there's no evidence for that, and everything points to her likely previously sheltered view (rich people in anime are almost always overly sheltered) being tainted by experience.

Feb 25, 2018 5:48 PM

Feb 2016
GenesisAria said:
@Saucy
But now you're assuming she watched a lot of sex drama or porn... but there's no evidence for that, and everything points to her likely previously sheltered view (rich people in anime are almost always overly sheltered) being tainted by experience.

No I'm not assuming that at all. I'm stating an alternative. My point was that there is no evidence and that your explanations don't have much evidence. Experience is as likely as her learning about sex through people and media.

Feb 25, 2018 8:50 PM

Dec 2009
@Saucy
I literally said, watched sex drama, aka media. Whatever, she was being forced upon by a lustful man at the start, and her behaviours followed, so that's what i go on.

Feb 26, 2018 10:23 AM

Jul 2016
Oh my! I ship Yuzu and Matsuri More then i do Mei! Go to sleep Mei, it's Matsuri's turn now.
Mar 3, 2018 12:17 AM

Jun 2013
I don't care if it's a catfight or a slugfest, I want to see Mei and Matsuri punch, claw and pulverize each other. Last person standing is best girl.

Harumin was too adorable thinking Yuzu's purity was tarnished because Matsuri kissed her, giiiiiiiiiirl, if you only know what kind of kissing Yuzu be doing behind yo back.

臭い-
Mar 11, 2018 7:30 PM

Jun 2013
So, uh... I wanna say "cuck" but I'm not sure if that word really applies to gay girls...

Harumin is so in tune, and that's why she's best girl.
Mar 15, 2018 8:49 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Childhood friend? Just are problems!!! :/
Mar 29, 2018 6:44 AM
Dec 2014
I didn't dislike it, but... so CLICHE
May 13, 2019 1:28 PM
Apr 2016
Ah, the cliche "childhood friend comes back after a long time and starts clinging onto the MC" plot...well, this is boring.
May 18, 2019 8:46 AM

Sep 2012
even yuzus new friend is smart enough to see that this bitch is trouble, yuzu is so blind
Jul 9, 2019 8:25 PM

Jun 2016
Fuck I feel like this slut is going to single handedly ruin this show,I hope I'm wrong I don't want to see the "I was jealous of you cliche" and then one of them are probably gonna give her the talk of the truth and make her realize she's wrong and then she will smile like a bitch and accept defeat. I hope I'm wrong.
Jun 13, 2021 10:55 AM
Jun 2016
"That kiss meant nothing." Yeah, I'm guessing Mei does that since she gets stressed from all the schoolwork. That, alongside with genuine feelings towards Yuzu?

Matsuri's voice is really familiar. Apparently, the voice actress did a couple of roles in "Girls und Panzer." Kind of weird how Matsuri's voice took me back, considering it's been a while since I've watched GUP. But I think I could have heard the voice somewhere else.

Ah, so basically Yuzu had always lectured Matsuri. I was going to joke that Mei must have rubbed some of her uptight behaviour on Yuzu. But eh, isn't really that uptight anyway.

"Is it true that girls in all-girls schools kiss each other?" Damn it, it made me laugh when Yuzu spit her drink out.

Damn, Matsuri must be pretty smart if she figured out Yuzu likes Mei. I mean, Yuzu is blushing in the picture, but I like to think that it's exaggerated for the viewers so we get the point. Also, yeah, I can really feel that Matsuri might be a huge source of in-universe drama.

Yeah, I find it a little ironic (but not surprising) that Yuzu and Harumi are more "prudish" than Mei.

How did Matsuri get in the school? I'm guessing that day didn't had the student council at the entrance blocking people from entering or something? But damn, she's like an extreme version of Yuzu. Yuzu has the guts to modify her uniform despite being in a strict school. Matsuri, on the other hand, just barges in. She even kisses Yuzu in public, right in front of Mei! And I assume homosexuality in the Citrus universe isn't viewed as normal? Although who did she call when she left the school after kicking the sign? I'm guessing Yuzu?

Yeah, I like the tension so far. Like, Yuzu is more "prudish" than Mei and Matsuri. While Yuzu and Matsuri are both "delinquents" as opposed to Mei's "good student" image.

I'm guessing Mei x Yuzu would win over Matsuri x Yuzu. I mean, Mei x Yuzu is featured in the manga cover, OP, and ED. But hey, it would be pretty unexpected if a different pairing becomes "more canonical."

Also, based on my experience, girls do cling to each other. Well, not like in this anime with all the kissing and touching like Mei and Matsuri. But I'd say I've met a handful of girls whose relationships are similar to Yuzu and Harumi's. IDK, maybe I've just been watching way too many cute girls doing cute things anime.
Mat2468xkJun 13, 2021 11:12 AM
Oct 27, 2021 6:09 PM

Jul 2019
Matsuri makes a pretty good antagonist tbh, her actions are evident that the love is mutual between Yuzu and Mei. Because Mei was all over the place I couldn't tell lol. Her behaviour is really something else too, scamming old dudes at such a young age.

Anyways, I want to see how this will play out.
Jan 26, 2022 1:04 PM

Feb 2020
Great episode.

Matsuri is up to no good... :P She's pretty much the perfect "antagonist" in this story. I love her character!
Jul 14, 2022 11:21 PM
Sep 2020
Ugh, I already don't like Matsuri :\

At least things will start to get more interesting b/w Yuzu and Mei ૮ • ﻌ - ა`` ~ ୨୧ ✩°。⋆⸜
Jul 21, 2022 1:48 AM

Jan 2021
Hate pink haired chick, reminds me of Mami.
Jul 28, 2022 8:38 AM

Jun 2021
Yep, here we go again
My blood is boiling.
Thank god I thought that this little piece of garbage was gonna Photoshop mei's face and (you know) ruin her reputation.
Oct 23, 2022 1:34 PM

Jan 2010
The last time I've seen this much of a hardworking homewrecker was Scum's Wish, and I don't think any character should strive to become anything resembling that particular case, despite my eventual understanding and acceptance of that Scum's Wish character. Vengeful, prone to violence, jealous and envious, scheming, spiteful, and full of sadism. Goodness gracous.

I dislike these kinds of characters because they rarely have any personality or purpose beyond just causing drama. They're like walking disaster zones, and whenever they show up, the anime's story always gets thrown off course, pivoting hard to dealing with rampant misunderstandings, lies, and outright malice purely due a singular character's unrelenting hatred of anything resembling peace. I really hope there's more to Matsuri's character than just screwing with people, figuratively or otherwise.
Nov 8, 2022 8:51 AM
Nov 2022
Best anime what I watched
May 15, 2023 4:49 PM

Sep 2022
I wonder how Matsuri is going to be like throughout the rest of the series now that she is introduced. But it seems like she is going after Yuzu as well. Can't wait to see how this ends.
Sep 16, 2023 4:11 AM

Sep 2017
this is crap.

Yuzu doesnt still know how to use her fucking arms.

Have some sense of personal space or ownership jezus crist

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Any hope for season 2?

DwaipayanH - Mar 3

15 by Sammango »»
Mar 8, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

108 by JeremiahOrange »»
Jan 31, 4:13 AM

» prediction: your first reaction will be "I'm disappointed" ( 1 2 )

GangsterCat - Nov 28, 2016

60 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:15 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

200 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

157 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 22, 2023 1:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.