Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 17, 2018 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, that study session got awkward.

Matsuri is a quite an aggressive girl! She's not holding back at all with her teasing while also asking Yuzu suggestive questions. The actually made her character personality credible in this adaptation.

What an episode of teases.
Feb 17, 2018 8:30 AM

Dec 2014
That opening scene was good. XD

Oh God! This Matsuri girl screams of trouble and more trouble.

Best Girl Harumin was trying her best once again to look out for Yuzu but unfortunately she got called back. :(
If only she were there, she'd have prevented all this stuff. I also have a feeling that Harumin might just be suspicious of Yuzu likeing Mei. xD

That Harumin reaction when she learnt her Yuzuchi was no longer pure. XD

Sparks are flying between Matsuri and Mei, the intensity at the end though.
Feb 17, 2018 8:44 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
gawd this is so fucking hot

however, we haven't seen best girl (Harumi) take he shirt off yet..

come on now.. where is her arc?
Feb 17, 2018 8:45 AM
Jul 2018
jesus christ you literally just show up and already wanting everyone to hate you Matsuri?

i didn't read manga so i don't know how much she developed but right now i'm fucking hate her ,not just the voice that annoy and doesn't fit her look she also use my most hated tropes "M I S S U N D E R S T A N D I N G" ,also when she kiss yuzu would that consider as NTR?

geez
Feb 17, 2018 8:56 AM

Sep 2015
I would like to know Matsuri's inner motivation behind her stealing Yuzu from Mei. Matsuri is kind of interests me a little with the childhood friend aspect, but more character exploration of her would be appreciated next episode so that I can see why she acts in a weird manner with Yuzu. I look forward to Mei taking action against Matsuri next episode.
Feb 17, 2018 9:00 AM

Jun 2014
When I first read the manga Mei's jealousy at this stage was pretty awkward, but after
it seems so ****ing cute now..

I love Matsuri but it would have been 10x better if the girl didn't sound like a little duck :/
Feb 17, 2018 9:12 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Yuzu had quite the dream huh. Matsuri really killed that game though. Hmm to think Matsuri had that kind of part time job though. The Matsuri now is much different to how she was before for sure. Nice to see that Yuzu managed to do well in the test though. Matsuri sure is perceptive though being able to figure that much. Mei's call sure came at the right time. So it seems Matsuri is trying to be Mei's rival huh. Matsuri sure is bold for showing up at Yuzu's school though. The confrontation between Mei and Matsuri sure is a good foreshadow of events to come though. But Matsuri will be a good rival for Mei i think.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2018 9:24 AM

Sep 2017
Harumin is seriously the only character without a few screws loose. I guess I'm not surprised that Matsuri is also a lesbian. Of course she has some jealously sister complex thing with Mei. And to top it off she sends "fake" nudes to lolicons for money. Kicking over a sign and then calling to say it was someone else is also pretty psycho behavior.

God damn man. Hope Mei puts her in her place next ep.
Feb 17, 2018 9:24 AM
May 2016
Really hope Mei pushes Matsuri in front of a train. What a bitch!

Feb 17, 2018 9:30 AM

May 2017
I like Matsuri, just as she were in the manga, great episode

BluePikmin11 said:
I would like to know Matsuri's inner motivation behind her stealing Yuzu from Mei. Matsuri is kind of interests me a little with the childhood friend aspect, but more character exploration of her would be appreciated next episode so that I can see why she acts in a weird manner with Yuzu. I look forward to Mei taking action against Matsuri next episode.

It kinda already explains it in the preview tho
Feb 17, 2018 9:32 AM

Jun 2015
Matsuri's voice is so annoying, it's like listening to nails on chalkboard, but worse. She's a messed up a person who only wants Yuzu for herself. I hope Mei puts her in her place next episode.
Feb 17, 2018 9:47 AM

Dec 2017
yeah, matsuri's va is not suitable, harumin's on the other hand fits so fucking well. and stahp it with the manga, last chapter is raw only so far and i'm dying of impatience to read it translated
Feb 17, 2018 10:17 AM

Apr 2012
Emm, did something significant happen in the new chapter and this changed the story dramatically? I am curious.

Well, although I know that Matsuri will not be able to destroy my beloved pairing, I'm still wondering what's going on between her and my other favorite girl Harumin, if everyone is so passionate about ship Harumin x Matsuri ship. So far, I have a rather controversial impression about her, and especially about her voice in anime.

Feb 17, 2018 10:34 AM

Apr 2013
Getting used to the voice already, honestly. I like the manga's portrayal of Matsuri's anger way better, though.

She either just glares or does a really dark smile. It suits her way more to me, as opposed to her actually furrowing her brow.
Feb 17, 2018 11:07 AM

Nov 2016
Matsuri is up to a lot of trouble and is even able to make Mei jealous,forcing her to go into offense.

Looking forward to the next episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 17, 2018 11:11 AM
Sep 2017
RobertBobert said:

Well, although I know that Matsuri will not be able to destroy my beloved pairing, I'm still wondering what's going on between her and my other favorite girl Harumin, if everyone is so passionate about ship Harumin x Matsuri ship. So far, I have a rather controversial impression about her, and especially about her voice in anime.

I hope they animate chapter 13.5. That's where it starts.
Feb 17, 2018 11:19 AM
Jul 2016
I was enjoying this episode until they revealed matusri's age... I'm ok with ntr but having a fucking MIDDLE SCHOOLER attempt to steal the main love interest is retarded tbh. Just make her a high schooler for fucks sake.
Feb 17, 2018 11:19 AM

Apr 2012
MyWayHighWay said:
RobertBobert said:

Are you talking about the arc of a tourist trip?
Feb 17, 2018 11:26 AM
Mar 2015
Show Matsuri is a genuine Japanese bitch
Feb 17, 2018 11:47 AM

Mar 2009
Please, someone, just fire a fully loaded double-barreled shotgun to Matsuri's face at point-blank range.
That's all I have to say, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your attention, goodbye.
AlexandepFeb 17, 2018 11:50 AM
Feb 17, 2018 12:06 PM

Apr 2013
Matsuri is the worst girl of this season.
Feb 17, 2018 12:11 PM

Apr 2014
took a while:
licking template

Feb 17, 2018 12:21 PM

Jul 2017
I already hate Matsuri so much. From her behavior even to her voice everything is just annoying. However I must admit that I like her eye and hair colour combination.

I need Mei to fight more for her relationship with Yuzu.

I didn't expect Matsuri to be younger than Yuzu. Idk it is kinda weird that she's a middle schooler.
Feb 17, 2018 12:42 PM
Sep 2017
RobertBobert said:
MyWayHighWay said:

No. It should actually happen right after this thing with Matsuri comes to an end. But if they don't animate it, I recommend reading it to understand where that ship comes from.
Feb 17, 2018 12:45 PM

Jun 2012
Welcome to the most hated character.
It was amusing to see all the comments pissed off about the other girl stealing Mei a few weeks ago - oh no, Matsuri is much much worse.
Feb 17, 2018 12:45 PM

Jan 2017
I just want one down to earth episode that doesn't have extreme lewdness and actually expands on characters/storyline. Every episode just focuses on setup(s) of how it can accomplish a lewd scene.

Feb 17, 2018 12:49 PM

Feb 2007
Oh, dear god, how I hated Matsuri at this point of the story... And we haven't even seen the worst yet.
Feb 17, 2018 12:50 PM

Apr 2012
MyWayHighWay said:
RobertBobert said:

No. It should actually happen right after this thing with Matsuri comes to an end. But if they don't animate it, I recommend reading it to understand where that ship comes from.

Oh, thanks for the answer. Well, I've heard about their dynamics and their "couple" on the cover of the anthology is clearly referring to the extreme possibility of this, but if Harumin is really a lesbian, then I would not really like to see her paired with such girl. I just do not like manipulative characters.

RobertBobertFeb 17, 2018 12:53 PM
Feb 17, 2018 12:52 PM

Apr 2012
J_LEE_C said:
I just want one down to earth episode that doesn't have extreme lewdness and actually expands on characters/storyline. Every episode just focuses on setup(s) of how it can accomplish a lewd scene.

Apparently, this was the only opportunity to sell Citrus not as a narrowly specific title. At least, the choice of the studio and the director clearly indicated this.
Feb 17, 2018 12:56 PM

Mar 2010
can't really put my finger on what it is at fault but this episode felt boring to me.

well maybe the only interesting part was Yuzu's wet dream at the start
Feb 17, 2018 1:09 PM

Nov 2016
Mei was like: "Stay out of my territory."
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2018 2:00 PM
Jul 2018
After seeing my second best girl in Citrus in the anime, and reading the new chapter, I'm just really demotivated to watch the rest of the anime.
I don't want to drop it but ugh that chapter—
Anyway, I like Matsuri a lot and I can tell you all that she won't be as annoying later on, as she is right now…
But why does she have to sound so… emotionless but also loli-like.
I like her drama cd voice more than that one, it was more loli-like, I know, but I like it more than the actual one.
But I guess that I'm already getting used to it.
removed-userFeb 17, 2018 2:05 PM
Feb 17, 2018 2:02 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I demand a spinoff of this series featuring the adventures of Harumin.

Mei's jealous response was quite unexpected. She really put psycho pink haired girl in her place.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 17, 2018 2:17 PM
Jan 2014
I just have to say one thing about the arrival of Matsuri to Citrus...

MY FUCKING FACE WHEN I SEE THE FUCKING AND JEALOUS FUCKING AWESOME MEI'S FACE!

Feb 17, 2018 2:59 PM
Mar 2015
I dont feel I like Matsuri, but there's something about her that may change something here, so I look forward to next episode.

Also, she looks like Kofuku from Noragami, lol
Feb 17, 2018 3:07 PM

Apr 2015
Matsuri is the pinnacle of trouble... She's already stirring up a lot of things between Yuzu & Mei and by the looks of things, it will get worse from there...

Now this had me wondering from the very start since I saw the opening, what kind of play with Harumin have in all this
Feb 17, 2018 3:12 PM

Sep 2017
A good antagonist pisses everyone off, a poor one no one cares about. Matsuri seems to fall in to the pissing people off category so job done there

Also she was a bit of a reality check for Mei. Jealousy is generally a bad thing, but good for helping people to be aware of their true feelings.

Harumin is still the dose of sanity as this point, even with that reaction to Yuzu saying Matsuri kissed her
ArcaedesFeb 17, 2018 3:15 PM
Feb 17, 2018 3:42 PM

May 2015
Yeah, I think it's hard for me to get used to Matsuri's voice.... Never the kind of voice I'd expect.

Disliked Matsuri in this arc in the manga, and the anime did a decent job at portraying that as well. Oh oh, this will surely turn out eventful for sure....

Loved the episode, though.

Feb 17, 2018 3:46 PM

Dec 2015
It is truly impressive how much more you can enjoy a series once you just lower your expectations to absolutely nothing.

The new girl (Matsuri) looks so cute & edgy, a dangerous combination. It looks like the second half of this series is gonna deal with all of this love triangle drama, and things is already getting heated.

If we are going by the #1 anime romance rule, the childhood friend ALWAYS loses, but let's see where this goes.

Harumin really is too good to be dealing with all of Yuzu's BS.

Also, some scenes in this episode looked REALLY jarring and bad. Definitely a downgrade from last episode.

I also love how Yuzu can say this so matter-of-factly.

Looks like the drama goes full catfight mode next episode to determine who gets to be Yuzu's waifu. No holds barred. Can't wait!

"Anime is trash and so am I."
Feb 17, 2018 4:24 PM

Oct 2012
The new girl deserves to be run by the truck, she's so annoying and whole the drama surrounding her was basically just bad. And cluelessness of Yuzu has no bounds it seems.

The series is slowly going down the drain.
Feb 17, 2018 5:46 PM
Dec 2013
RobertBobert said:
MyWayHighWay said:

Oh, thanks for the answer. Well, I've heard about their dynamics and their "couple" on the cover of the anthology is clearly referring to the extreme possibility of this, but if Harumin is really a lesbian, then I would not really like to see her paired with such girl. I just do not like manipulative characters.

i absolutely despise such ship. first, if that was hinted at, there are several points in the series that could be used to hint the ship, but every single one of them didnt, so pairing them would just feel forced, not something built by time. second, making harumin a straight character would not only keep things from being just another "all girls school where everyone conveniently is lesbian", but doing otherwise would be a huge hypocrisy, considering how harumin clearly stated at the beginning of the series she despises the idea of girls just making out and doing gay things for fun

also, lets face it, straight and single harumin is doing pretty well
Feb 17, 2018 5:55 PM

Oct 2017
Idk. This episode felt kinda boring compared to the last two. Matsuri is like if Ayanami Rei was a perverse 10 year old and is kinda boring. Also there wasn't as much relationship building with Mei like in the last two episodes. Also that hentai bait and switch at the beginning was god tier. That was amazing. I actually saw some really good directing in this episode. I may not have liked this episode as much as the last two, but i am still excited for the next episode. Also why did Matsuri sound like she was playing bootleg eurobeats on her headset. Oh god now i want to put gas gas gas in her ears. GUESS IM READY CUZ IM CUMMIN FO YOU
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Feb 17, 2018 5:58 PM

Apr 2012
MHEEC said:
RobertBobert said:

i absolutely despise such ship. first, if that was hinted at, there are several points in the series that could be used to hint the ship, but every single one of them didnt, so pairing them would just feel forced, not something built by time. second, making harumin a straight character would not only keep things from being just another "all girls school where everyone conveniently is lesbian", but doing otherwise would be a huge hypocrisy, considering how harumin clearly stated at the beginning of the series she despises the idea of girls just making out and doing gay things for fun

Well, I also have a negative attitude to this trope (especially because of its homophobic premise that the girls massively "became" lesbians because of the lack of boys, or the fact that this is a very lazy way to build yuri pairings) and I love works with a more realistic image like Sasameki Koto, but it seemed to me that the story moves to "everyone with everyone", even including twincest's hints. Especially when Matsuri hints that Harumin can hide feelings for Yuzu.

In general, no matter how exploitable this trope is, their pairing seem to me almost a canon.
RobertBobertFeb 17, 2018 6:08 PM
Feb 17, 2018 6:31 PM
Dec 2013
RobertBobert said:
MHEEC said:

Well, I also have a negative attitude to this trope (especially because of its homophobic premise that the girls massively "became" lesbians because of the lack of boys, or the fact that this is a very lazy way to build yuri pairings) and I love works with a more realistic image like Sasameki Koto, but it seemed to me that the story moves to "everyone with everyone", even including twincest's hints. Especially when Matsuri hints that Harumin can hide feelings for Yuzu.

In general, no matter how exploitable this trope is, their pairing seem to me almost a canon.
thats what might ruin the feeling in the future, trying to pair everyone, and from my perception uta went as far as leaving a gap for a himeko and [weird spoiler girl] so they dont leave her hanging. still wouldnt work though because they would need someone to pair [haruyuzu shiptease spoiler girl] with.

a good ending would be yuzu and mei coming to terms, harumin straight and single and shou coming back home. but you know, we all can dream
Feb 17, 2018 7:19 PM
May 2013
I'm glad Mei is getting jealous it's time for her to admit her feelings towards Yuzu.
Feb 17, 2018 7:27 PM

Apr 2017
I don't know what kind of products Yuzu uses, but her knees are too pink.
cunnysseur
Feb 17, 2018 8:26 PM

Jan 2013
i thought i dislike twin drills...i'll take it back and say im really gonna hate Matsuri.
Harumin is still best girl and friend
Feb 17, 2018 9:01 PM
Dec 2009
ramenshoujo said:
When I first read the manga Mei's jealousy at this stage was pretty awkward, but after
it seems so ****ing cute now..

I love Matsuri but it would have been 10x better if the girl didn't sound like a little duck :/

I hope they will end it at ch. 16 and a happy end. Mei's letter (╯︵╰,)
Matsuri voice is kinda surprised, looking at her eyes, i though her voice would be more deep. but this is not that bad either
Feb 17, 2018 9:13 PM

May 2015
Aww...No meaning to the kiss? Mei is either developing into a Tsundere or she's just being a cuck...I'm gonna go with the cuck...

Matsuri...I guess I'll have to agree that her voice is...miscast...This is going to get some getting used to...

Never mind! Matsuri is being the cuck!

Rub those bear paws Mei! She needs the Yuzu! Get jealous and seize your waifu for yourself!

Alright. I haven't read the Manga, but I'm calling it right now. Matsuri is gonna get slapped.
Feb 17, 2018 9:17 PM
Dec 2013
Tarotist said:
Alright. I haven't read the Manga, but I'm calling it right now. Matsuri is gonna get slapped.
funny thing is, youre both right and wrong. wont say how, but the next episode is gonna be fun
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Any hope for season 2?

DwaipayanH - Mar 3

15 by Sammango »»
Mar 8, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

108 by JeremiahOrange »»
Jan 31, 4:13 AM

» prediction: your first reaction will be "I'm disappointed" ( 1 2 )

GangsterCat - Nov 28, 2016

60 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:15 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

200 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

157 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 22, 2023 1:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.