Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 16, 2018 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh, just a recap of the events including the overview of the show's concepts.

They also highlighted the fashion show featuring Lacia (from episode 2). Kouka's conflict was also revisited. Regular episode returns next week so business should pick up more from there.
Feb 16, 2018 10:43 AM

Mar 2013
Does anyone know if this counts as one of the 24 episodes for the season, or a stand alone not counted?
Just checking.
Feb 16, 2018 10:44 AM

Mar 2010
a fuking recap already, what a waste of time

broodo said:
Does anyone know if this counts as one of the 24 episodes for the season, or a stand alone not counted?
Just checking.

I bet it does
Feb 16, 2018 3:47 PM

Feb 2015
I didn't even watch this. No reason for a recap after 5 episodes.
Feb 16, 2018 4:05 PM
Oct 2016
This episode was a good reminder of how fucking atrocious this show is. The music makes me want to kill myself. This show is perfect for all the 12 year olds eating tide pods out there.

This is only saved from being the worst show of the season by the fact that Death March exists.

Fucking cancer.
Feb 16, 2018 4:53 PM
Feb 2018
Garbage, not even one second of new footage. What kind of memory-resistant goldfish do they think re watching this?
Feb 16, 2018 5:08 PM

May 2009
Seriously???? That is all.
Feb 16, 2018 5:18 PM
Apr 2014
doesnt seem to be in the epsiode count, the preview at the end says its for episode 6
Feb 16, 2018 5:25 PM
Dec 2009
Why do we need a recap for a whole 5 episodes of anime, does the studio really think that little of the audience watching? i feel a tad insulted to be honest :/
Feb 16, 2018 5:48 PM

Oct 2014
and I was hoping that the plot will finally pick up. -_-

nvm, hopeless.
actually, you should delay airing for 2 years and work everything from scratches again.
You're not even done with the next 3 or 4 episodes, aren't you?
Feb 16, 2018 6:17 PM
Dec 2011
I find it funny people seems didn't even read the thread from last week that they already told people this week is recap episode(https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1705384), and no, this is not episode 6.
D-JoeFeb 16, 2018 6:20 PM
Feb 16, 2018 6:19 PM

Mar 2010
seph1985 said:
Why do we need a recap for a whole 5 episodes of anime, does the studio really think that little of the audience watching? i feel a tad insulted to be honest :/

For some reason, I'm guessing that JP viewers complained that they lost the plotline along the way, since it's a large world, data heavy, hard sci-fi w/ rather poor information marking and pacing. It can be hard to tell what info is important so far, data dumps are somewhat frequent yet unreliably placed in the narrative, etc. There've been lots of good info given out during those info dumps, but I believe that there've been a greater number of important one-liners even. :/

We got a recap at this point for the same reasons they inserted the anime original scene w/ Ryou's friendly interrogation of the Memeframe employee. Blame the original work in this case, as the first 5 episodes follow the manga nearly panel-for-panel (that interrogation scene being the primary exception.) Everything from here on out should be original material I believe, so fingers crossed that the anime production team is better at storytelling than the creator. XD

I like this show btw. XD Really looking forward to the next (real) episode to find out what the real meat of this anime's story is.
Feb 16, 2018 6:22 PM
Dec 2011
deadman80 said:
seph1985 said:

For some reason, I'm guessing that JP viewers complained that they lost the plotline along the way, since it's a large world, data heavy, hard sci-fi w/ rather poor information marking and pacing. It can be hard to tell what info is important so far, data dumps are somewhat frequent yet unreliably placed in the narrative, etc. There've been lots of good info given out during those info dumps, but I believe that there've been a greater number of important one-liners even. :/

We got a recap at this point for the same reasons they inserted the anime original scene w/ Ryou's friendly interrogation of the Memeframe employee. Blame the original work in this case, as the first 5 episodes follow the manga nearly panel-for-panel (that interrogation scene being the primary exception.) Everything from here on out should be original material I believe, so fingers crossed that the anime production team is better at storytelling than the creator. XD

I like this show btw. XD Really looking forward to the next (real) episode to find out what the real meat of this anime's story is.

To be fair there is actual episode 6 preview after ED(as usual).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuXZ4N6qkxU

I wonder will mod do something like change the title otherwise it's will confuse people in next week.
Feb 16, 2018 6:27 PM

Jan 2017
While I agree its not necessary for a recap at this point in the series, it was not a surprise. This was announced awhile ago. Be prepared, there's also one on March 23 just so you're not caught off guard.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-02-07/beatless-anime-to-get-recap-episodes-on-february-16-march-23/.127497

Feb 16, 2018 6:32 PM
Dec 2012
Eiruki17 said:
This post was a good reminder of how fucking atrocious this community is. The trash-talking makes me want to kill you. This post is perfect for all the 12 year olds eating tide pods out there.

You is only saved from being the worst idiot of the season by the fact that more Anime haters like you exist.

Fucking cancer.

fixed, now kill yourself
Feb 16, 2018 6:33 PM

Dec 2010
Damn that plot twist right before the ending totaly suprised me. This little content would be important for further development of all hIEs.
Feb 16, 2018 7:02 PM

May 2010
Recaps are getting out of hand. Next they'll be recapping every second episode.
Feb 16, 2018 7:32 PM

Dec 2017
Eiruki17 said:
This episode was a good reminder of how fucking atrocious this show is. The music makes me want to kill myself. This show is perfect for all the 12 year olds eating tide pods out there.

This is only saved from being the worst show of the season by the fact that Death March exists.

Fucking cancer.

lmao, i couldn't agree more. the fucking cuts with quotes and edm on background got me cringe so hard
Feb 16, 2018 7:35 PM

Mar 2010
This bugged me. Quite possibly one of the reasons there is so much confusion about the plot in general so far:

That translation is completely off. ><;;;
"モノ"カ"ヒト"カ。< "Mono" ka? "Hito" ka?
僕はチョロイ男だ。< Boku wa choroi otoko da.

"Thing"? "Person"?
I'm such a pushover. / I'm an easy man. / Some other phrasing that does not carry the meaning of "naive" at all. <,<;; / etc.

If you run into anything in the subs that doesn't really make sense, question it. CR is known to FUBAR things semi-regularly.

---------------------------------------
Fun stuff:
The official site is keeping up to date with info on each anime episode. Also has a full archive of the artwork associated with the original serial novel's run thru NewType, don't look if you don't want to be spoiled. I spoiled myself so you don't have to! XD As far as the original story goes, there were 14 "phases" that were gathered into the published novel, and we're actually only up through phase 4. So it will be a while actually before we run out of pre-existing material.

If I am not misreading things here at the Analoghack website/wiki, the "world view and setting" have been made "open source" and writers are welcome to use it in their works. O_O This is an amazing idea, which isn't exactly new, but far from common. The characters from Beatless, and the logos of Beatless properties themselves are not free game, but you'd be welcome to use a "Memeframe Corporation" logo if using the setting for instance. There appears to be a ton of world/setting info here that may not even be touched on in the main story, so I'll be bookmarking it and reading thru it after the series ends. ^^
deadman80Feb 16, 2018 9:24 PM
Feb 16, 2018 8:08 PM

Nov 2009
the fashion show was by far the worst part of the worst episode of the five so far, definitely highlight that part to the exclusion of the other ones like where they were involved in a terrorist incident

who makes these decisions
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Feb 16, 2018 10:23 PM
Feb 2018
I don't even get it why they're having a recap in some of the anime, it's a waste of time.
Feb 16, 2018 10:49 PM

Aug 2017
Honestly, for a recap episode it was pretty good, and I've seen more recaps than I've wanted to. Monogatari S2 also had a summary as its 6th episode, plus 2 more down the line. The difference is that people who don't like to think wouldn't have made it to the Monogatari S2 series, whereas at this point for Beatless we still have the people who *somehow* think this is a battle harem instead of an AI-debate focused Sci-Fi.

What I liked about it was that the dialogue with philosophical discourse was a primary focus of the recap, as it's most of the driving force behind the plot (Kengo's worldview kickstarted the past few episodes, and it seems Ryo's is next up). Glad the bits of SoL filler are taking the backseat here, could've been much worse.

Also, I could even just pretend the two recap episodes didn't exist and it'd be fine because the material would gonna last for 20-22 episodes anyways, and that's even with a little filler
Feb 16, 2018 11:24 PM

Sep 2016
A recap for 5 episodes of utter **** and shifts in focus? And then a hiatus? Man I feel this anime wants me to hate it, no matter how many chances I give.

Sometimes a hiatus is taken to fix what's gone wrong, like Shokugeki no Souma's season 3 split cour, but I doubt I have the energy or tolerance in me to expect a hair worth of improvement on the next episode whenever it comes out. I can't even say "Let's hope this gets better" like I always do for each episode I watched this season overall.

Please Beatless. Don't make me loathe you. This episode made me almost drop the score to 4 from 5. Don't make it go lower.
Feb 17, 2018 12:26 AM

Sep 2015
Yeah, like somenone said already. This wasn't ep 6. There's a different entry on the MAL database called "Beatless Intermission", this week the first ep of that aired.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/37277/Beatless_Intermission
Feb 17, 2018 12:29 AM

Sep 2015
I don't know why, but I'm enjoying this show pretty much even tho everyone seems to think it's bad. Hmm..
Feb 17, 2018 12:45 AM

Dec 2016
Well as many have said this isn't the 6th ep., but since it listed as 24 eps. will this be count as officially 6th ep. or will just add as special so the count go up to 26 eps.?

Nevertheless this Recaps is quite good. Usually have quite dissatisfaction when watching a recaps, but this one felt just like watching another normal episode with a lot of info dump.
Feb 17, 2018 12:50 AM

Dec 2016
"This anime is pending approval." -> so MAL mod, will this be as is or next to be purge?

So since it listed as 24 eps. will this be count as officially 6th ep. or will just add as special so the count go up to 26 eps.?

Nevertheless this Recaps is quite good. Usually have quite dissatisfaction when watching a recaps, but this one felt just like watching another normal episode with a lot of info dump.
Feb 17, 2018 12:53 AM
Dec 2014
Eiruki17 said:

Fucking cancer.

You say smth like that, yet you have 85 eps of anime on your list. Your opinion doesn't matter here.
Feb 17, 2018 1:48 AM

May 2013
Recap of 5 episodes where literally not much happened. With another recap episode coming and the slow pacing of the series so far I fear this anime will cover up content what a 1-cour season can do too...
Feb 17, 2018 2:11 AM

Oct 2015
Fortunately this wasn't part of the main thing and it comes under intermission so all you weebs calm down and hope for the best

I still remember this happening in Re:Creators. Well, at least they gave a proper explanation there as to why there was a recap and we got to see some extra scenes.
Feb 17, 2018 2:17 AM
Dec 2009
deadman80 said:
seph1985 said:

How do you "lose" the plotline, because at this point the plotline is literally "Someone created robots that are for some reason battling each other and have different views on humanity and there is one guy who gets a boner over his robot" the rest has been filler showing her trying to be an idol and 1 episode detailing that roboboners friend doesn't like robots, i mean we're not talking super deep here, hell i think the average episode of the kardashians has more "depth" than this so far

I mean they arne't exactly trying to answer any deep and meaningful questions here, its just a few robots fighting over what they "believe" is right with one guy flirting with his robot, hopefully they don't feel the need to do a recap again in 5 episodes >.>
Feb 17, 2018 3:15 AM
Dec 2011
seph1985 said:
deadman80 said:

How do you "lose" the plotline, because at this point the plotline is literally "Someone created robots that are for some reason battling each other and have different views on humanity and there is one guy who gets a boner over his robot" the rest has been filler showing her trying to be an idol and 1 episode detailing that roboboners friend doesn't like robots, i mean we're not talking super deep here, hell i think the average episode of the kardashians has more "depth" than this so far

I mean they arne't exactly trying to answer any deep and meaningful questions here, its just a few robots fighting over what they "believe" is right with one guy flirting with his robot, hopefully they don't feel the need to do a recap again in 5 episodes >.>

Why they need answering any questions when it's only ~20% of all episodes aired?
In fact if you think what Lacia doing is filler and nothing more(like she don't have any plan), then you should stop watch this show, since you don't pay any attention at all.
Feb 17, 2018 3:17 AM

Mar 2010
seph1985 said:
...hopefully they don't feel the need to do a recap again in 5 episodes >.>

Actually, there IS a recap planned for 3/23 episode I think it is, so right around in 5 episodes. XD

Planned recaps are not nearly as evil as surprise ones. We even knew about this one in advance.
Feb 17, 2018 3:18 AM
Dec 2009
D-Joe said:

Why they need answering any questions when it's only ~20% of all episodes aired?

I'm referring to the anime as a whole, its not exactly going to spark any deep philosophical debates
Feb 17, 2018 3:27 AM

Jul 2012
The moment that I realized that this was a recap, I stopped watching it.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Feb 17, 2018 3:28 AM
Jul 2018
I am going, to be honest here, the number should be dropped to 20 or 22 instead of the 24 that we have got.
Feb 17, 2018 5:08 AM

Oct 2011
A waste of screen time. The title was "Intermission 1", so should I assume there will be a recap episode every 6 episodes, i.e. 4 recaps?

Feb 17, 2018 5:09 AM

May 2012
This is not episode 6. It should be labeled as ntermission 01 or episode 5.5

In the preview, they even mentioned that next week is episode 6
thepathFeb 17, 2018 5:14 AM
Feb 17, 2018 5:20 AM

May 2012
HiddenArmy said:
"

So since it listed as 24 eps. will this be count as officially 6th ep. or will just add as special so the count go up to 26 eps.?

Offficially, this episode is not episode 6

If you look at the preview they mention that next week is episode 6

Feb 17, 2018 5:42 AM

Dec 2016
thepath said:
HiddenArmy said:

Offficially, this episode is not episode 6

If you look at the preview they mention that next week is episode 6

I think you misunderstood me cause I know about that. TVs have slots for shows and they usually already have set some fix amount of slots for a show before it air. So the question is will it be like re-creator (the recap take the slot thus the real story eps count is down 1 but the slot is same as planned) or not.
Feb 17, 2018 6:19 AM
Apr 2017
Eps 6 isn't Recap Episode guys. that's just a Special Episode (link: https://myanimelist.net/anime/37277/Beatless_Intermission)

Eps 6 will be aired in next week!
Feb 17, 2018 6:29 AM
Apr 2017
uzee said:
A waste of screen time. The title was "Intermission 1", so should I assume there will be a recap episode every 6 episodes, i.e. 4 recaps?

Only 2 Special Episode, so this show just get 2 Recap bro ^^
Feb 17, 2018 7:06 AM

May 2017
The studio must think people have weak memory if they recap 5 freaking episodes, trash
Feb 17, 2018 8:07 AM

Dec 2012
TsundeReaper said:
The studio must think people have weak memory if they recap 5 freaking episodes, trash

Or they decided that if they don't throw in a recap episode they won't make deadlines for other episodes
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Feb 17, 2018 9:20 AM
Apr 2016
Only 5 episodes in and they already decide to do a recap... Why? Just why? It's just pointless in my opinion, specially since it's listed as having 24 episodes total.
Feb 17, 2018 10:30 AM

May 2014
Flair_Noble said:
Only 5 episodes in and they already decide to do a recap... Why? Just why? It's just pointless in my opinion, specially since it's listed as having 24 episodes total.

Go watch Shirobako. They explain the need for recaps pretty well. It's not for our sake. It's so that the production team can keep up with the release schedule without releasing rushed low quality episodes.
Feb 17, 2018 11:06 AM

Jan 2017
Okay. That episode was sh*t... I hated it from start to finish, the only reason why I watched was 'cause I thought there'd be extra scenes; yet, for some reason, there wasn't.
Screw my life, this anime has officially f**ked it up. 5 episodes then a recap filler, not even just filler... "Da fuq you expect to achieve when there isn't even a storyline as of yet!"

P.S.
Naze da, Naze da, Naze da
(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ
Feb 17, 2018 12:12 PM

Jul 2017
Gradeus said:
Honestly, for a recap episode it was pretty good, and I've seen more recaps than I've wanted to. Monogatari S2 also had a summary as its 6th episode, plus 2 more down the line. The difference is that people who don't like to think wouldn't have made it to the Monogatari S2 series, whereas at this point for Beatless we still have the people who *somehow* think this is a battle harem instead of an AI-debate focused Sci-Fi.

What I liked about it was that the dialogue with philosophical discourse was a primary focus of the recap, as it's most of the driving force behind the plot (Kengo's worldview kickstarted the past few episodes, and it seems Ryo's is next up). Glad the bits of SoL filler are taking the backseat here, could've been much worse.

Also, I could even just pretend the two recap episodes didn't exist and it'd be fine because the material would gonna last for 20-22 episodes anyways, and that's even with a little filler

Well, in all fairness, the Monogatari series is extremely dialogue heavy so you'd need a recap episode every 3 eps lol

My guess is that it could have something to do with the production of the show (couldn't meet the deadlines etc.) so a recap would make sense in that regard. That could also be the case, considering that the show's gonna air back to back recap episodes, which I honestly wouldn't think it would make sense for another reason
Feb 17, 2018 12:14 PM

Dec 2016
And there I was thinking that this anime was actually going somewhere.
Who the heck needed a recap after 5 episodes?
modge
Feb 17, 2018 2:20 PM

Jun 2017
Hmm, this wasn't as horrible as I expected. Actually ALL of the important one liners got gathered in order so one could easily skip the first 5 episodes of the show because of it since they wouldn't lose out on much.

Also, since we already knew about this, and that there will be another one down the line plus it doesn't take away 2 slots from the main show. (so we are gonna get the pure 24 episodes)

I can let it go really.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beatless Intermission Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - May 11, 2018

11 by TheBigGuy »»
Oct 30, 2019 3:55 PM

» Another Intermission

broodo - Mar 16, 2018

12 by Abyhape »»
Sep 30, 2018 5:35 AM

Poll: » Beatless Intermission Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2018

5 by LiquidGold »»
Mar 24, 2018 8:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.