3It was OK
20.2%
2Disliked it
3.4%
1Hated it
3.4%
Average 4.0
119 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2018 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A short but brutal fight. Seriously, this David Lassic guy is someone to watch out for.

Seems like there's some political strategy at works this episode More building up of the story as Theo makes important connections with certain characters. Theo's vision of an ideal lord is what I had expected from him.

Siluca's skills felt kinda rusty this episode. She's lucky her cat friend saved her...
Stark700Feb 16, 2018 8:55 AM
Feb 16, 2018 9:25 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
To siege castles that lay inside towns one must take the town first. Its nice that Theo's honest words got through though to the lord and avoid a bloodbath in the process. Theo sure made quite an impact for the lord though. Looks like things are going badly for Marrine though. So within the union only Villar has combat experience. Theo being introduced to his hated enemy sure was interesting move. Alexis's wishes sure were similar to Theo's dreams. The fight against the assassins sure was interesting though. To think that Rossini will be so bold though. Still an excellent episode as always.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2018 9:28 AM

Jun 2013
Nothing special yet great episode.

I am really enjoying the fights scenes in the series, it's beautifully animated and brutal as well. The David Lassic dude is dangerous.
But that cat... man that cat is a boss.

4/5 I am happy this series continues like this, I am really enjoying it.
Feb 16, 2018 10:19 AM

Jun 2015
It was nice to see Theo talk to the lord into having an alliance with each other without having to battle. His introduction to his hated enemy was interesting. The fight against the assassins was cool. That cat saved Siluca's life, what a boss. David Lassic is just too good.
Feb 16, 2018 10:31 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Has this Rossinni guy been shown before? I cannot place him.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 16, 2018 10:37 AM

May 2015
So has the ship sailed? I never saw any denial when alexis brought up the whole giving up everything for love.
zurgboy00Feb 16, 2018 10:40 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2018 10:38 AM
Feb 2011
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A short but brutal fight. Seriously, this David Lassic guy is someone to watch out for.

Seems like there's some political strategy at works this episode More building up of the story as Theo makes important connections with certain characters. Theo's vision of an ideal lord is what I had expected from him.

Siluca's skills felt kinda rusty this episode. She's lucky her cat friend saved her...

They were all Art Users though, like Irvin, Aishela, the vampires and werewolves, not ordinary soldiers.
Farabeuf said:
Has this Rossinni guy been shown before? I cannot place him.

Only mentioned in name, never shown.
Feb 16, 2018 10:58 AM

Oct 2014
I'm fine if you want to make the obvious look cool.
But please, do them much better, and in a much more honest yet complicated fashion.
This Ladvan guy immediately changes his mind just by one Theo offer.
I know Theo has a plot armor, but- come now not this stupid.
Revvie-chanFeb 16, 2018 11:02 AM
Feb 16, 2018 11:39 AM

Oct 2017
Finally it's picking up, if it keeps this way I'll have upgrade my score.
Feb 16, 2018 11:52 AM

Nov 2008
Glad to see the series continue to progress and grow well. More world building and political world building. Good combat Good art and good music and some very well done battle / political battle scenes (I love my Emma and Luna lol) .. One of the series I am enjoying most this season. Alexis may be a 'weak' lord in the military sense perhaps but his strength is in perhaps the perception of certain people and his desire to end the war with an actual council. - it could be argued that if villars lovable cousin lol hadn't spurned him after the demon attack... the realms would have unified.

Time for the congress to dance next time.

zurgboy00 said:
So has the ship sailed? I never saw any denial when alexis brought up the whole giving up everything for love.

I was fairly sure the ship had sailed way back before he went 'under' Villar so to speak; Siluca was at least falling for him fairly hard if you look back at more than one 'blush' scene or her staring at him scene. I think its a fairly good ship though - I dont usually go all fan shippy but; those two do suit each other quite well.
sirwenceFeb 16, 2018 11:55 AM
Feb 16, 2018 1:26 PM

Feb 2008
So this was the basic brute strength vs diplomacy bit. I guess we now get to see Theo's origins and why that clearly "Italian" dude has it in for him. Or should i say Cicilian

larethian said:
They were all Art Users though, like Irvin, Aishela, the vampires and werewolves, not ordinary soldiers.

In addition, they were full on zombie soldiers, who were completely fearless and relentless in their pursuit. Those kinds of soldiers are difficult to deal with no matter how skilled you are.
kisamiFeb 16, 2018 1:30 PM
Feb 16, 2018 2:32 PM

Oct 2012
Nice mix of politics and action this episode. It's getting to the point where I can't keep all the characters straight but it doesn't seem to matter much.
Feb 16, 2018 2:58 PM

Dec 2016
That was a great negotiation, Theo is getting better each episode.

Lassic gets the scalp of another king, his stock keeps rising.

A lot of interesting people at that gathering.

I think they all did a good job against those assassin's.

Lord Alexis is a pretty cool guy, I would like to see more of him & Theo, they got along great together.
Feb 16, 2018 3:45 PM
Jan 2017
Good episode, as usual. Theo steps out of Siluca's shadow by showing his negotiation skills and preventing a battle that could have ended with bloodshed. His conversations with both Alexis and the new lord give him some much needed character development and demonstrate that he is more than just a guy with a sword and a Crest.
Feb 16, 2018 4:29 PM
Jan 2018

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShockedOct 30, 2018 11:34 PM
Feb 16, 2018 5:13 PM
Mar 2016
Fighting Lassic is basically summed up by a Hervis Daubeny quote "fight yout thats not a trial thats an execution" its like a level 50 going up against a level 90 on a games where the level cap is 100
Feb 16, 2018 8:57 PM

Jul 2016
Lassic had a good battle, although we didn't see much of it. The battle at the end was pretty good, especially with the werewolf girls jumping forth and ripping the enemies apart. The political dealings were pretty good too. Too bad that the show as a whole is not just slightly better. Every category just seems to be lacking a little, but the potential to be better was/is there, and it just doesn't seem to be taking that route.

Feb 16, 2018 9:22 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
I really liked the fighting scenes here. Too bad the pacing was so fast. So fast that I thought J.C. Staff was the studio behind this anime.
Feb 16, 2018 11:52 PM

Sep 2016
Fight scenes were good, but the romance part felt out of place, coming from a romance fan. Alexis still being in love with someone who is against him for so long is wierd at best. Also, I feel as if I've heard the Rossini name before in the anime, anyone remind me who or what it is?

So far I'll stick with the 6/10. It hasn't done anything that amazing for me to raise it higher.
Feb 17, 2018 7:06 AM

Mar 2014
It's not that I dislike this show but with how terrible of a job it has done with world building and keeping a reasonable pace, it better just keep focusing on the action 100% like it was doing before if it wants to keep itself watchable.
Feb 17, 2018 8:10 AM

Mar 2014
What the hell, why in this episode I feel like there is a lot of gay. cause half way through the show I almost thought "Is this BL anime ?" -__-"
Feb 17, 2018 11:11 AM
Mar 2016
that white prince was surly a pussy.
Feb 17, 2018 11:25 AM
Jan 2017
Was a nice Episode. 4\5
Feb 17, 2018 4:47 PM

Oct 2013
Surprisingly, I thought this was one of the better episodes if not best episode so far. It actually felt well executed. Maybe there is still hope they turn this series around after all.
Feb 17, 2018 5:54 PM

Feb 2013
The dialogue on that surrender was a bit confusing... possibly just poor subs. I get the gist of what went down though.

... feels like someone wants to start a war ...
Feb 17, 2018 11:21 PM

Jan 2018
How is he able to make people want to follow him so easily? Especially people of high rank.
Feb 18, 2018 11:31 AM

Mar 2013
Revvie-chan said:
I'm fine if you want to make the obvious look cool.
But please, do them much better, and in a much more honest yet complicated fashion.
This Ladvan guy immediately changes his mind just by one Theo offer.
I know Theo has a plot armor, but- come now not this stupid.

I have the same feeling bro. Characters in this anime unconditionally support Theo left and right.
Feb 18, 2018 12:38 PM

Feb 2016
OGAnime said:

Not any time soon. Because they got assassins to kill, kings and queens to defend, lands to conquer and lovers to unite. Too many obstacles, too little time and where is the bed?!

But, I like all characters, they are designed very well, balanced, not too kiddy or overmature.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
Feb 18, 2018 5:23 PM

Jun 2013
They really skipped Siluca's and Aishela's family relationship in those episodes were they faced off Marrine and her Waldlind Knights huh...starting to really hate the speedy episodes...

So...facing of Leader that has admiration and loyalty of his Villagers.... wonder if it goes as Siluca and Theo are planning.

I hope this Lord will not be assassinated....He could be good follower...and good man

Marrine and Siluca's & Aishela's father are currently gritting their teeth huh...suck to be them...

And Face off with Rossini...oh yeah....especially if suspicions are right and this asshole Executed Theo's dad.

....Alexis....both he and Marrine are not that Strong regarding their sudden rise to power after Deaths of their fathers...but I say...Marrine is stronger than him..but he loves Her more....hell if that Unio had happened...Oh man...Alexis the Lover & Marrine the Lover....

tough currently thinking him as little lame...
JarjaxleFeb 18, 2018 5:30 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Feb 19, 2018 4:37 AM
Jan 2018
araneathedragoon said:
OGAnime said:

Not any time soon. Because they got assassins to kill, kings and queens to defend, lands to conquer and lovers to unite. Too many obstacles, too little time and where is the bed?!

But, I like all characters, they are designed very well, balanced, not too kiddy or overmature.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
Feb 19, 2018 5:19 AM

Oct 2008
Oh those assassins that were sent-out are such lame weak assassins! If I'd hire an assassin, i'd hire Ezio Auditore! (AC) lolz
3/5.

Feb 19, 2018 7:47 PM

Feb 2015
I believe this show will still end as poorly as it started however I will say that this episode was better than it's predecessors. At least, if I were to ignore the gimmicy werewolf maids. But those aside, it was a solid episode. 3ish / 5.

Though I believe this will still end a 3 or 4 at best.
Feb 24, 2018 9:28 AM

Sep 2014
That cat deserves a better anime. He's such an interesting character.
Mar 1, 2018 6:38 AM

Jun 2017
The writing has definitely gotten better in last couple episodes. I went to this with ZERO expectations. Even lower than that actually. I expected this show to be bad. And because of that, I'm actually enjoying what it is offering. It is actually unbelievable how much expectations on certain anime can weight so much on the enjoyment of the anime.
Mar 2, 2018 5:57 PM

Mar 2009
Love those werewolf twins.
Mar 4, 2018 8:04 AM

Aug 2017
Meh, nothing important happened, just Theo being your generic average MC again. The romance still out of place. 2/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 7, 2018 8:45 AM

Jan 2013
A pretty calm episode, but this is probably a calm before the storm...
So this new blonde guy is the one that was supposed to marry in the 1st episode, and i thought it was Villar xD
I wonder what Marrine will do now.
Gotta love Siluxa x Theo relationship.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 15, 2018 8:54 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Surrender a castle with words!? Amazing? Nooooo, boring zzzzzzZZZZZ i was lucky because in the end of the episode the tried of Rossini´s murder was with a little of action!!!
May 17, 2018 12:41 AM

Dec 2012
I don't understand why this show is so underrated. I really like the pacing

Oct 30, 2018 11:23 PM

Dec 2012
lol at dude pissed because his girl is orgasming over the site of Alexis.
Rossini. I thought he'd look like a bad guy, but he just looks lame.
Cait Sith with the save.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 18, 2019 6:39 PM

Dec 2012
Between the political intrigues and easing down on the pace, this has been getting markedly better. Hoping that sentiment will only grow as this goes on.
Apr 29, 2020 11:22 AM

Feb 2018
Political is hard knowledge
Jul 25, 2020 4:05 PM
Jul 2016
I watched the dub of this episode on Netflix. I really loved the conversation between Theo and Lord Ladvan. I was particularly moved when Lord Ladvan asked if Theo would consider entrusting his crest to Ladvan, and Theo said yes.
Mar 4, 2021 4:05 PM
Oct 2019
honestly hard to keep up with all the geopolitical/war stuff

but theo was able to "capture" a city without having to fight. the one count has made an enemy at court. theo has an admirer, who is the former bethrothed to the kreische woman (the weddign that was interrupted by that demon in the first episode?). and theo thwarted an assassination attempt by the current ruler of his hometown, and now that leader may be forced to lose his title, etc.

i probably also missed/forgot a few things

the mage girl likes theo. idk if theo likes her or not, but he obviously wants her guidance
Mar 18, 2021 5:11 AM

Sep 2012
HagePotPotato said:
honestly hard to keep up with all the geopolitical/war stuff

but theo was able to "capture" a city without having to fight. the one count has made an enemy at court. theo has an admirer, who is the former bethrothed to the kreische woman (the weddign that was interrupted by that demon in the first episode?). and theo thwarted an assassination attempt by the current ruler of his hometown, and now that leader may be forced to lose his title, etc.

i probably also missed/forgot a few things

the mage girl likes theo. idk if theo likes her or not, but he obviously wants her guidance

when the blond lord mentioned him admiring theo for choosing love over what he gave up theo didn't say its not like that so that confirms hes feelings to
Oct 2, 2023 9:44 AM
Aug 2023
it got slow.Tv series is stillgood

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2018

489 by DesolatePsyche »»
Mar 26, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

146 by Leniam »»
Feb 27, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2018

61 by nick_el_son »»
Feb 24, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 22 Discussion

Icedout15 - Oct 25, 2018

5 by phantom346 »»
Feb 3, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 24 Discussion

ToG25thBaam - Aug 8, 2018

37 by Princesanatankum »»
Jan 29, 5:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.