Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2018 11:07 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Lol at Otose and Catherine teasing about Shinpachi having a child, just so that he'll admit to the fact that he's a virgin. Seems like Otose and Catherine knows that. Seems like the little girl is a robot named Tamako who's made by Gengai using Tama's data. Seems like the real Tama couldn't be repaired. At least Kintoki was made by Gengai. Because Yorozuya's a bunch of pervs that keep little girls with them, LMAO Kintoki!! Lol, and it seems like Shinpachi's not dropping the storyline of him restoring his father's dojo.

Lol, that virgin detector though, and they were gonna arrest Shinpachi for being a pedo kidnapper. And we get Nobume and Soyo-hime in this chapter! Seems like Nobume is the director/head of the police and Soyo-hime's the leader of the current government. Lol, seems like a pedo like Shinpachi gets no prison time and goes straight to execution XD

Yay, we get glorious Matsudaira in the chapter too! And we get to learn the state of the Shinsengumi:
Kondo - resigned and got married to a gorilla
Hijikata - demoted?
Saitou - resigned?
Sougo - commited seppuku?!?!?!

Um yeah, this is the final nail in the coffin. Sorachi's trolling with this epilogue. The last thing he would do is give the characters these type of treatment. This is basically Timeskip Arc 2.0! What's next? Jimmyzaki is confirmed? XD

LMAO, Edo has a prime minister, and it's... Katsura Kotaro Donald Zurump! "ZURUMP JA NAI!!! KATSURA DAAAAA!!!!"

?/5, would get mindfucked again.
Feb 15, 2018 11:34 PM
Apr 2017
I haven't been able to find the scans but have read the translations. Lol, what is the Gorilla up to?
Feb 16, 2018 3:00 AM

Jul 2015
This is the biggest troll in shonen history lolol

Basically Sorachi will come at us in the next few chapters with something like "isn't this the non cliché type of ending you always wanted to see so why now sad and unsettled? Anyways let's get the real shit down" XD
Feb 16, 2018 3:11 AM

Mar 2017
_v_ ////
Feb 16, 2018 8:10 AM

Jul 2008
Wait... Okita what?!
WHAAAT.
Ha ha ha.
Man I wonder where is it all goiing. But I have high hopes for wrapping up the story nicely.
Feb 16, 2018 9:35 AM

Jul 2013
lmao that last page was glorious Gintama back again haha
Feb 16, 2018 10:01 AM
Dec 2016
I loved the way that the chapter follows directly the last episode we had, with Tama Kintoki & Gengai. Also I remembered a Obama reference w/Zura when he was Ill Smith, he said "yes we can". Now we have another US president reference :D. By the way there is a interesting feminist message from Shoyo and Nobume, the jokes about clichés ending are still there, and we had a emotive flashback w/ the Yorozuya, but we still don't know if that "ending" is the real ending of Gintama or if it is a big troll.

AND I WANT TO KNOW WHAT TAKASUGI DID WHEN THE SPACESHIP CRASHED ON EARTH
Feb 16, 2018 8:24 PM
Dec 2016
Sorachi will never change.

But, Okita did seppuku. hahahaha. How did they spring that onto him.

I hope he comes back fast with a new series.
Feb 16, 2018 9:00 PM

Jul 2017
I'm not gonna lie. This is actually the ending that i really wanted for Gintama. After that 70 chapters of arc full of war, and 3 serious arcs behind it, i thought Gintama will end either bittersweet, melancholic, or completely happy ending.

Sorachi chose the latter, but with his own style. Creating a happy but random ending with the most Gintama way possible. "Oh you ship KonTae? Let me marry him with a real Gorilla. Oh you ship OkiKagu? Let him punished by Seppuku. How the hell can you make Sougo Seppuku? Oh let's just make Zura the prime minister and destroy the entire Edo under him."

Of course we know it's just a troll. But we know that we need it, before completely finished the series. I love this chapter. Maybe we'll get 5-6 more chapters to show the entire life of every supporting characters.
"The night is in its darkest just before dawn. But keep your eyes open. If you avert your eyes from the dark, you'll be blinded by the rays of a new day. So keep your eyes open, no matter how dark the night ahead may be."

- Gintoki Sakata
Feb 16, 2018 9:02 PM

Jul 2017
Fun Fact :

Japan once had a prime minister named Katsura Taro, and he has a cool mustache too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katsura_Tar%C5%8D
"The night is in its darkest just before dawn. But keep your eyes open. If you avert your eyes from the dark, you'll be blinded by the rays of a new day. So keep your eyes open, no matter how dark the night ahead may be."

- Gintoki Sakata
Feb 16, 2018 9:24 PM
Oct 2016
Honestly, I thought that Gintama has done its final parody. How naive I was. I have no idea what to expect for the ending, nor how much longer it will be, and that makes me happy.
Feb 16, 2018 11:05 PM

Aug 2010
GoldenDevilGamer said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
Lol at Otose and Catherine teasing about Shinpachi having a child, just so that he'll admit to the fact that he's a virgin. Seems like Otose and Catherine knows that. Seems like the little girl is a robot named Tamako who's made by Gengai using Tama's data. Seems like the real Tama couldn't be repaired. At least Kintoki was made by Gengai. Because Yorozuya's a bunch of pervs that keep little girls with them, LMAO Kintoki!! Lol, and it seems like Shinpachi's not dropping the storyline of him restoring his father's dojo.

Lol, that virgin detector though, and they were gonna arrest Shinpachi for being a pedo kidnapper. And we get Nobume and Soyo-hime in this chapter! Seems like Nobume is the director/head of the police and Soyo-hime's the leader of the current government. Lol, seems like a pedo like Shinpachi gets no prison time and goes straight to execution XD

Yay, we get glorious Matsudaira in the chapter too! And we get to learn the state of the Shinsengumi:
Hijikata - demoted?
Saitou - resigned?

Um yeah, this is the final nail in the coffin. Sorachi's trolling with this epilogue. The last thing he would do is give the characters these type of treatment. This is basically Timeskip Arc 2.0! What's next? Jimmyzaki is confirmed? XD

LMAO, Edo has a prime minister, and it's... Katsura Kotaro Donald Zurump! "ZURUMP JA NAI!!! KATSURA DAAAAA!!!!"

Who's this ugly guy in the picture below?

Feb 16, 2018 11:06 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
chibiedward1981 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Hijikata - demoted?
Saitou - resigned?

Just a random police.
Feb 16, 2018 11:13 PM

Aug 2010
GoldenDevilGamer said:
chibiedward1981 said:

Just a random police.

What a relief. I thought it was Hijitaka since I didn't saw him (the pic I got of that guy looks so ugly) . By the way, did Hijitaka made an appearance in this chapter or they mentioned him by words?
Feb 16, 2018 11:14 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
chibizero81 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Just a random police.

What a relief. I thought it was Hijitaka since I didn't saw him (the pic I got ofthat guyl ooks so ugly) . By the way, did Hijitaka made an appearance in this chapter or they mentioned him by words?
You get to see his back from a far away distance.
Feb 16, 2018 11:18 PM

Aug 2010
[/quote]Just a random police. [/quote]

What a relief. I thought it was Hijitaka since I didn't saw him (the pic I got ofthat guyl ooks so ugly) . By the way, did Hijitaka made an appearance in this chapter or they mentioned him by words? [/quote]You get to see his back from a far away distance.[/quote]

ok thanks
Feb 17, 2018 1:26 AM

Dec 2013
Poor Tama still isn’t completely fixed.

Katsura at the end LOL
Feb 17, 2018 1:28 AM

Jul 2016
Zura is going to make a wall around Edo and the Amanto are going to pay for that.

Sorachi you are a crazy man and I love you for that.
Feb 17, 2018 1:34 AM

Apr 2013
LOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOL

Feb 17, 2018 2:43 AM

May 2012
Oh my, the last chapter are a troll avalanche. Wonderful, let it never stop xD
Feb 17, 2018 3:07 AM
Mar 2017
Oh my God, that last page is glorious. This is what I expect from Gintama.
Feb 17, 2018 4:00 AM

Mar 2015
Katsura being Donald Trump makes so much sense! Gorilla-sensei is a GENIUS! LMAO!!
Feb 17, 2018 4:20 AM

Jul 2014
HAHAHAHA ZURUMP AND THE VIRGIN DETECTOR LOLOLOL
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Feb 17, 2018 4:23 AM

Oct 2015
"How can you tell the power level of my lower half by me breathing?!"

Awesome chapter. Likening Katsura to Trump is absolutely hilarious. And I love the little attack on crazy feminists.

I still wonder if this whole thing is an illusion and we'll resume to back when the ship crashed.
Feb 17, 2018 6:45 AM
Oct 2016
I started to think this really is not the last arc...
Feb 17, 2018 7:06 AM

Aug 2014
Hahaha Donald Zurump kun, this is bloody amazing.
Feb 17, 2018 10:40 AM

Apr 2010
Zurump will send alien immigrants back home and build a border wall. Of course he will demand aliens to pay for it and he will make yorozuya great again!
Feb 17, 2018 12:32 PM
Aug 2013
I remember in last chapter's comments, people totally forgot that Gengai was also wearing glasses x)

Ok, let's be serious... Trolling. I see trolling everywhere.I just can't believe some stuff like, Kondo getting married to a gorilla or even more about Okita doing seppuku. On the other hand, if that's really tricks from Sorachi sensei, the reality might be devastating...
Feb 17, 2018 12:42 PM

Mar 2012
I can't get over Zurump's part XD
Do not worry, be happy ~
Feb 17, 2018 2:00 PM

Jan 2017
Shinpachi is definitely the hottest virgin I'd seen (≖ ͜ʖ≖)

Trump doesn't deserve to be mentioned in Gintama meeeeh

About Sougo's seppuku. My inner sadist wants it to be true, as it would give the story so much depth. And I really like this ironic drama that's happening in the manga - it's so Gintama-ish.
Knowing Sorachi-san I can say it's most probably just another troll. But also knowing Sorachi I can say it can be true, but less likely.

Also I'm really amazed by how Sorachi turned the story after the timeskip. First off - I never expected him to do a timeskip (although I was obsessed with this idea) and secondly, I thought even if he did it, he would do a "final fantasy", as he called it (just pairing up ships). The worst case scenario it all would be the same as before - everyone happy as if nothing ever happened

But he surprised me. Starting the timeskip by giving Shinpachi so much role is a brilliant idea. Gintama started off from him, after all. And the fact he was able to draw him in such an appealling way, turning him into a real man (not a tsundere, like in the movie) just left me speechless. He is still our megane-kun, but so much wiser and manlier.

I also like how he gave it kind of Be Forever Yorozuya-ish feel. I thought it would never happen in the manga, but here we are, left with no Yorozuya, Shinsengumi and lonely Shinpachi. I definitely like this atmosphere.

Overall - I'm very happy with the way the manga is going. If Utsuro's battle was really boring for me, now I am passionately waiting for new chapters.
I really hope Sorachi doesn't close Gintama, now that the characters are all grown up, I woud really want to see more of them.

AND GIVE ME SOME FREAKING OKIKAGU ALREADYYYYY
Feb 17, 2018 2:22 PM

Aug 2014
he is fucking with us till the end :D :D :D I'm loving the finale.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Feb 17, 2018 2:26 PM
Oct 2017
lmaooo Zura became Trump
Feb 17, 2018 6:33 PM

Aug 2010
I won't be surprised if it ends similar as the Dekoboko Arc with characters separating for a while and after that coming back together.
Feb 18, 2018 12:55 AM
Jul 2017
Make Edo great again! 😆😂
Feb 18, 2018 1:03 PM
Jan 2018
correct me if I'm wrong but didn't zura and the shinsengumi stop being enemies since the farewell shinsengumi arc ? what happened ?
Feb 18, 2018 8:56 PM

Jul 2017
Reigen_Arataka11 said:
correct me if I'm wrong but didn't zura and the shinsengumi stop being enemies since the farewell shinsengumi arc ? what happened ?

Usual Gintama happened. It's just a troll, no need to take it seriously. Let's just pretend this is just the same thing as Hasegawa's death joke(Jumped off building, hanged himself, laid on a railroad, Shot by Matsudaira, hit by a truck, natural death, etc). In the end he won't die for real. All of them are just for the sake of the jokes.

- Gintoki Sakata
Feb 20, 2018 5:55 AM

Mar 2015

holy crap, as usual gintama is simply excel at comedy! XDXDXDXD

also, why do you guys think it already last chapter? no it doesnt!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 20, 2018 6:45 PM
Nov 2013
Pretty sure this whole timeskip is real guys. It's just certain events that we are being mislead on, such as okita committing seppuku and kondo marrying a gorilla. There's way too much serious stuff thrown in for it to be totally fake IMO.

Either way 11/10 chapter!
Mar 3, 2018 2:31 PM

Apr 2014
Everybody is saying it’s over with this chapter, but they’re neglecting the fact that at the bottom it says “/Gintama 671-End””, which means it’s just the end of the chapter, not the series. If the series was over, it would simply say “/Gintama-End.”

I died when I saw that last panel. 😂😂
"I have to work harder than anyone else to make it! I'll never catch up otherwise...! I want to be like you...! Like you. The strongest hero.""
Aug 13, 2018 3:58 AM

Feb 2013
Kintoki and Tama are back but Tama is still sleeping.
Tamako is really kawaii.
Poor Shinpachi, he is getting too much punishment.
I don't think Sougo is dead, we all know the sort of guy he is.
Donald Zurump took over!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama Chapter 487 Discussion

SilentTruth - Mar 26, 2014

6 by GreatestSaltboy »»
Apr 12, 3:02 AM

Poll: » JUMP MV /『Gintama』×『Samurai Heart (Some Like It Hot!!)』| SPYAIR

LittleStar - Jan 6

0 by LittleStar »»
Jan 6, 10:06 AM

Poll: » JUMP MV /『Gintama』×『Shura』| DOES

LittleStar - Jan 6

0 by LittleStar »»
Jan 6, 10:00 AM

» Gintama, the popularity vote has started! Who will you vote for?

kihel - Dec 18, 2023

2 by mokkocchi »»
Dec 19, 2023 1:22 AM

Poll: » Gintama Chapter 142 Discussion

VARIAchan - Feb 1, 2011

3 by tcandy19 »»
Jul 1, 2023 10:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.