Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 15, 2018 9:01 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Pretty intense chapter. Besides the battle cries, it feels like this chapter took the cake and is showing the capability of this new Gear Four.

What a cilffhanger...and a break next week :<
Feb 15, 2018 9:19 PM

Feb 2017
Snakeman's Gear 4 but cooler.

Katakuri's also more menacing than before. Who'd thought a rolling donut can be so scary.

Looks like the fight is going to wrap up in about 3 chapters or less. Oda did a great job with this chapter.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Feb 15, 2018 9:35 PM

Apr 2016
WHY
WITH
THE
BREAKS
ODA????
in all seriousness, I love Gear Fourth Snakeman. I'm really glad that it doesn't actually make Luffy look like a snake. a lot of the fanart ideas for Snakeman that tried to make him look snake-like looked really bad in my opinion, and the real design looks really slick, like a less inflated version of the original Gear Fourth. it looks like we've really reached the climax of the battle, can't wait to see the next chapter in two weeks...
Feb 15, 2018 9:39 PM

Sep 2013
Snakeman is like a g2 version for g4, faster and more efficient but not really more powerful than bounceman.
I don't see katakuri losing either, maybe a draw then it gets interrupted by something.
Feb 15, 2018 9:41 PM
TheCook

Jan 2013
Thank god this was not a one-sided beat down like G4 vs Doflamingo. I also liked that Luffy called Katakuri bis his actual name instead of some nickname like usual. Shows how much of an impression he made on Luffy.
Feb 15, 2018 9:42 PM

Mar 2016
Loved the chapter.

Not a lot of dialogues but holy shit the fight was amazing. G4 snakeman looks really cool. Like it better than Boundman and certainly better than Tankman. Love the hair as well. The cover page back in Zou had hair similar to snakeman xD

Katakuri's Diced Mochi attack was crazy. And he looks like a freaking monster here. Wow!

I was expecting Luffy to have a bigger advantage here but it's nice to see the fight is evenly matched! Katakuri is def one of my favorite villains in this series!

Diced Mochi vs King Cobra! I can't wait for the next chapter already. Sucks about the break :'(

5/5!

Feb 15, 2018 9:46 PM

Jun 2014
Great chapter, as we got to see Luffy's new Gear 4th form. It's pretty much a faster, less-inflated version of his Bounceman form. The whole fight in this chapter, culminating in that clash at the end, was awesome.

Unfortunately, the breaks have returned....
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 15, 2018 9:49 PM

Dec 2013
Luffy really has taken a beating in this fight.

Not a break!
Feb 15, 2018 10:27 PM

Dec 2011
Intense fight.
Luffy snake form made him faster but still Katakuri has the upper hand.
I see that break coming but wish it could be 4 chapters release before the break instead of only 3.
Feb 15, 2018 10:46 PM

Mar 2015
awesome new power, but should have ended this fight much earlier... this feels dragged...

and break, shit...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 15, 2018 10:56 PM

Dec 2012
I hope katakuri win tho...you cant hate him even tho hes villain :)
Feb 15, 2018 11:14 PM

Dec 2012
Great chapter. Loving Gear Fourth: Snake Man.

Luffy & Katakuri going all out.

DAMN just had to be a break next week.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 16, 2018 12:04 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
That was a very physical yet brutal combat between Luffy and Katakuri! I also like how his Snakeman form looks like, because it doesn't look too inflated but still very cool.

Katakuri's "Diced Mochi" attack was sick! Even with Luffy in Snakeman form, Katakuri can still put up a fight against Luffy even in their wounded states, damn!

And there will be a break next week too.... Even more damn!! >_<
Feb 16, 2018 12:18 AM

Nov 2016
Snakeman design>bounceman

Also nice to see that the Calverin which Luffy used already against Flamingo is put to good use now. This technique definitely has a lot of potential.

Pretty intense fight so far and dat fucking break ...-.- xD
FMmatronFeb 16, 2018 12:37 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 16, 2018 12:18 AM

Jun 2013
Buggy is still pissed off it seems! XD

so...it was as people suspected and theorized....Fast Speed, mod. Power and low defense....

Buut....over 1 Billion bounty Katakuri...STILL KICKING HIS ASS! XD

What a FaCE OFF in the end...King Cobra....tough..if Luffy will win...little under hype feeling some reason....
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Feb 16, 2018 12:37 AM

Oct 2015
Oh god that was the best duel ever and Katakuri is showing a sign of not going down easily. The snakeman(Gear 4.5) form was way awesome than the usual gear 4 bounceman, made me love Luffy even more than any character in the world. I LOVE YOU LUFFY!!!!

It makes me excited on what gear 5th will look like, Oda impress me again.

DAMN STUPID BREAKS.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 16, 2018 1:02 AM
Apr 2016
Oda delivers again. Anyone who says One Piece sucks in fights, see for yourself you peasants. Katakuri's diced mochi is one of my favourite attacks right now. Snakeman is amazing too and I just can't wait for the next week chapter in two weeks.
Feb 16, 2018 1:07 AM
Mar 2014
One Piece is legit the greatest Shōnen of all time! Jesus christ that Snakeman transformation looks so fucking BADASS
Feb 16, 2018 1:33 AM
Oct 2015
The title of the chapter "Pirate Luffy and Sweet Commander Katakuri", just made it more exciting.
Anyway, I'm already lovin' Snakemen mode, it looks absolutely amazing.
eewww a break next week...
Heckle was here...
Feb 16, 2018 2:07 AM

Oct 2015
I was expecting Luffy to look more like a snake. I'm glad it looks less of a snake.

This was a totally badass chapter, Katakuri is an awesome villain.
It seemed somewhat sick when Luffy's face got "impaled" by those spikes on Katakuri's diced mochi. I thought his face would get frayed, but luckily, no.

No chapter next week. I understand Oda needs a break, but it's still pretty sad.
Im guessing next chapter the one who stands, will win. I don't think there's a need to drag this on any longer. It would be unrealistic even for the manga if they were still able to keep fighting for further chapters.
Feb 16, 2018 3:29 AM
Oct 2017
Why the break and fight gonna wrap up
Oda whyyyyy
Feb 16, 2018 4:09 AM
Jul 2017
Luffys so hungry. But wait ......

That katakuri or what his name. Isn't his devil fruit made his body turn into food. Can luffy eat him or any if his power.
The signature was removed as it was too awesome for mortals to live through.It has already destroyed 35 super computers . We have to make sure it is not used for serial killings and mass-murders.Please don't use words that can kill the mortals by it's awesomeness.
Feb 16, 2018 4:29 AM
Sep 2012
So the Luffy / Katakuri fight reaches it climax. That is pretty much it. Just a lot of fighting, which I am sure a lot of people like, and I don't mind either, it is a quick read.

So the fact we have no chapter next week, lets me to believe next the week the fight will conclude. Either Luffy will win or I guess a draw. Will Luffy has won Katakurii respect at least.
Feb 16, 2018 6:52 AM

Dec 2014
Great chapter.

Intense fight and Snakeman is pretty impressive. Like most people have pointed out above, it looks to be a faster version of Bounceman but not necessarily as powerful. I'm assuming Luffy's trying to use speed to overcome Katakuri Observation Haki.

That Rolling Slice attack was insane, holy shit!

I don't really see Katakuri losing this fight but let's see.
Break next week. :(
Feb 16, 2018 7:33 AM

Jun 2015
Great chapter and one of the best fights in quite some time, but I just want it to end already, I feel like it's dragging on.
I just hope Luffy doesn't win but there's some kind of interruption that forces a draw, and there's another fight later on down the line. Luffy may be evolving, but I feel he shouldn't be strong enough yet to take down someone like Katakuri.
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Feb 16, 2018 7:39 AM

Aug 2015
Loved the way Katakuri DUNKED Luffy, the fight is getting pretty intense.

I hope Luffy barely wins, or just made it a draw, Katakuri has been the best antagonist in One Piece since Lucci in terms of skills and power (even tho I still preffer Doffy in terms of character)
Feb 16, 2018 7:43 AM
Nov 2017
Obito_enlighten said:
Luffys so hungry. But wait ......

That katakuri or what his name. Isn't his devil fruit made his body turn into food. Can luffy eat him or any if his power.

Technically, he should be able to 'eat' him, though some chapters back, at the beginning of their fight, Katakuri buried Luffy under mochi, and while Luffy managed to get out by eating it he said he hates it. And let's be honest, Katakuri isn't simply gonna let Luffy eat chunks of him.
Feb 16, 2018 7:51 AM

Feb 2015
Intense chapter. Snake Man looks surprisingly cool, I expected it to look really silly.
Feb 16, 2018 9:55 AM

Jan 2014
Luffy plot armor has come to his aid.
Feb 16, 2018 9:59 AM
Mar 2014
Not bad at all... But I'll save my praises for Lion Man.
Feb 16, 2018 12:46 PM

Jan 2015
G4- boundman, balanced
G4-tankman, more strenght less speed and probably need to eat until you push your limits before used it?
G4-snakeman, more speed

So instead of G5 luffy goes with G4 mods, which kind of make sense
From what i get is that ODA-sensi do the lucci fight again. It looks cool but something doesnt feel right. I for one expected "luffy vs kaidou would be lucci fight v2" but i guess it'll be more like whole crew vs Kaidou and crew get beaten up then luffy shows up with 1000 shadows thanks to moria and beat Kaidou

"Essentially, EOTL uses the 'quality, not quantity' approach, as the art relies on having a very refined and pure Ki even if not much in amount" -Lightning Tiger Yoochun
Feb 16, 2018 2:03 PM
Oct 2013
This isn´t an amazing chapter because of it´s simplicity, but that´s the most entertaining new world fight we had.

It´s a damn shame that such material is far better suited for the Anime and modern Toei of all things is responsible for it. People give Pierrot all that shit, yet with Naruto they managed to deliver when it mattered. If Toei hires a decent animator for those chapters I´ll increase the score for the One Piece Anime.

5/5 chapter for what it is. It´s not mindblowing, but after being starved for a proper fight for so long this is like glass of water in a dessert.
Feb 16, 2018 2:04 PM
Dec 2013
Has much as i like this fight(the panel placement are Godlike), it doesn't make much sense from a logic standpoint.

How could luffy fight kakaturi for 10 hour straight in base form if the later is strong enough to go toe to toe with snakeman?

Feb 16, 2018 2:53 PM

May 2015
5/5, because wasn't that art amazing?

Not exactly sure about the new form, Snakeman visually just looks like a skinnier boundman, and I'm not sure why Oda just didn't throw this out like 50 chapters ago.

BUT, this chapter was a complete and total visual, comedic stunner and Oda showed a lot of attention to detail (Katakuri donut roll!).

All that is to say, unless Oda can come up with a chapter that looks this good again, would be nice if this Katakuri fight concluded soon.

ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Feb 16, 2018 4:14 PM
Feb 2018
What do we think the King Cobra attack will do? Is it a giant-handed version of the previous Chase Python attack?

Will Luffy's speed actually prove faster than Katakuri's future-sight? The first Python attack that Luffy landed on Katakuri seemed to be faster, since Katakuri didn't see it hitting him from the side. Or does this mean his observation haki is draining?
Feb 16, 2018 5:14 PM

Jan 2016
What an epic chapter.
Feb 16, 2018 6:09 PM
TheCook

Jan 2013
Mindwaves said:
Has much as i like this fight(the panel placement are Godlike), it doesn't make much sense from a logic standpoint.

How could luffy fight kakaturi for 10 hour straight in base form if the later is strong enough to go toe to toe with snakeman?

Well, you could ask as well how was it possible for Luffy to win against Crocodile who was at 100% while Luffy had a hole in his stomach, lost tons of blood and got poisoned on top of it all. When it comes to shounen manga and especially One Piece you should not overthink some things. Not everything has to make a 100% sense or always has to be totally logical. They keyword is: Suspension of disbelief.
Feb 17, 2018 9:48 AM

Jul 2010
Better than the Lucci fight IMO, at least in terms of the choreography.
Also, I find Katakuri likeable compared to most villains in shonen manga.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Feb 18, 2018 12:16 PM

Jun 2015
Hm, nothing much really happened. I like the sexual tension between Luffy and Katakuri though.
Feb 18, 2018 2:46 PM

Oct 2016
That epic fight. I love it.
Feb 18, 2018 3:29 PM

Aug 2015
What an epic fight. Luffy should be done for with all the beating he took but he's still hanging on somehow.
Feb 19, 2018 9:15 PM

Sep 2012
Snakeman is faster, but Katakuri is still keeping up. He's a total monster. Also, we can't forget Luffy has a time limit. I personally don't think Luffy was ready for this level of opponent yet (considering Doffy gave him a run for his money). I'm kinda rooting on Katakuri just cause I like when the main loses in Shonen. Adds more for me and shows the true threats the await. Besides he can't just keep climbing the power ladder. There's no way he's even close to Yonko level right now.

Toei better animate this right, it's probably going to be the fight that finally overthrows Luffy vs Lucci.
Feb 20, 2018 3:15 AM

May 2017
Wow the fight definitely reached its climax! Awesome Chapter and Snakeman looks good.
Feb 20, 2018 11:42 AM
Feb 2018
Come on guys... as we've clearly all seen, Oda is an amazing mangaka and if amazing chapters such as this one means taking a week break then i don't even mind the breaks, although i do want to get the next chapter!
Feb 21, 2018 10:57 PM

Dec 2014
nice... snake man ... I am liking him all the more
Feb 23, 2018 11:29 AM

Jul 2014
Fight of the decade!
Feb 24, 2018 12:51 AM
Nov 2013
This is shaping up to be one of the best fights of the Tottoland Arc. I don't quite get what's up with the cloud trailing Luffy's G4 Snakeman but it looks cool nevertheless
Feb 25, 2018 6:07 PM

Mar 2008
That was an awsome chapter!!!
Feb 26, 2018 11:08 AM
Mar 2015
I still think Katakuri is slightly stronger than Luffy.. but great fight overall, I hope the conclusion of this fight won't have any negative sequels to the crew specially seeing how much damage Luffy has taken..

It's amazing to notice that Luffy didn't fully awake all his potential in the time skip.. there is room for more progress overall for all characters, specially in the Haki sections.

Ussop may awake his observation Haki (If he already hasn't..)
Zoro and Sanji really have a lot potencial, too.
I wonder if Brook can use Haki :thinking:
Feb 28, 2018 9:13 AM
Jun 2017
Not bad, the Snakeman form has quite the bite.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

21 by Sun_Chan »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1069 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Dec 6, 2022

86 by Kakuneon »»
Apr 17, 11:48 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

32 by vsuc »»
Apr 17, 1:43 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1111 Discussion

FMmatron - Mar 19

47 by Zorowork »»
Apr 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 768 Discussion

YerinArelius - Nov 19, 2014

47 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 14, 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.