Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2018 10:05 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looool, Michiru's reactions are gold.

Nao looked amusingly drunk with her blunt speech. The fish stuff looked yummy and we got some info dump on them. This anime is so educational

Feb 15, 2018 10:39 AM

Apr 2010
Fish and alcohol sounds like a very good combination and it seems Michiru enjoyed even with her new friend.
The drinking under work time isn't recommended.
Feb 17, 2018 5:30 AM

Apr 2016
Fish and booze in this episode.

Nothing else much to say.
Feb 17, 2018 6:12 AM

Jan 2012
Geez even I'm hungry after seeing that fish. Such cute little otters too. XD
Feb 17, 2018 8:56 AM

Jun 2015
Michiru really likes fish and it almost got erotic when she was eating some lol.
Feb 17, 2018 9:17 AM

Sep 2013
Was iffy on alchohol and fish but sake is made from rice so it makes sense.
Feb 17, 2018 2:11 PM

Jun 2017
ichii_1 said:

Maybe it's just me but that is still extremely weird to me. Sake is similar to other shorts so I can't see it tasting good with fish and I doubt you can taste the rice in it. Now then I could be wrong since I never tried sake.
Feb 17, 2018 5:42 PM
Mar 2015
Today's episode was brought to you by the sake and seafood industry
Feb 18, 2018 4:33 PM

Aug 2017
damn this made me hungry
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2018 7:38 AM

Oct 2008
An Episode all about Sakana galore and Sake galore!
4/5.

Feb 19, 2018 8:32 AM

Apr 2011
Must be bliss to come home from work and eat fish and drink sake with friends or housemates.

Such a joy to watch.
Feb 20, 2018 1:54 PM

Feb 2008
Nao seems to be heading down the yuri path, as she dropped her chopsticks when Michiru enjoyed her meal (and drink). Being overshadowed by her younger sister must have had a profound effect... Nao's insecurities were quite amusing to observe.
Feb 20, 2018 7:19 PM

Apr 2009
Why is this show so amusing to watch?? I'm not even an alcohol drinker, lol.

Maybe it's because of cute and quirky characters, but even so...

I really like it. I can't wait for next episode.

So fish and sake... sounds good. x3
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Feb 21, 2018 7:48 AM

May 2017
Boooooooring, this is boring without fan-service and yuri baits
Mar 2, 2018 6:05 AM

Mar 2014
MomoSinX said:
ichii_1 said:

Maybe it's just me but that is still extremely weird to me. Sake is similar to other shorts so I can't see it tasting good with fish and I doubt you can taste the rice in it. Now then I could be wrong since I never tried sake.

It's actually not that weird. Sake pairs quite well with many fish dishes and also with cheese plates. Where I live are sometimes sake tastings paired with cheese. (Pricy!)
To add a little bit more, I don't think Sake is comparable to shots (I believe you meant these at least :P). Shots, at least where I live are usually poured with Liqueur, Gin, but mostly with Vodka. Sometimes maybe with Whisky or Rum I guess. (Never had those, though.) The alcohol content of Sake is usually a little bit higher than in most wines (red and white wine) and more comparable to these. The other drinks I mentioned mostly have more alcohol in them. (Just got you a little Infographic here: http://winefolly.com/tutorial/alcohol-content-in-wine/) And no, I don't think it tastes anything like rice.

Sake, as far as I experienced it, isn't usually drunken as a shot. Yes, you often pour it into small cups, but it's not that likely to be drunken in one go. If I had to describe the taste of sake... Have you eaten cheese fondue (with a gulp of white wine) before? The first time I tried sake I totally thought it tasted a bit alike, but there are various types of sake and with every one, you get a different taste.

Shochu, on the other hand, is more comparable to what's being delivered in shots and has also a higher alcohol content. It is also, partly made from rice, but also from sweet potatoes, buckwheat, brown sugar, etc.

Oh, one more thing: It's also great that you can drink sake warm, hot or cold. Depending on the sake you get, it is better to get a hot/warm one. Warm sake is great with snacks in winter. :3
FlueckliMar 2, 2018 6:09 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2018 8:23 AM

Nov 2016
This show is making these combinations look so tasty.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 3, 2018 1:32 PM

Jun 2017
Petalview said:
MomoSinX said:

It's actually not that weird. Sake pairs quite well with many fish dishes and also with cheese plates. Where I live are sometimes sake tastings paired with cheese. (Pricy!)
To add a little bit more, I don't think Sake is comparable to shots (I believe you meant these at least :P). Shots, at least where I live are usually poured with Liqueur, Gin, but mostly with Vodka. Sometimes maybe with Whisky or Rum I guess. (Never had those, though.) The alcohol content of Sake is usually a little bit higher than in most wines (red and white wine) and more comparable to these. The other drinks I mentioned mostly have more alcohol in them. (Just got you a little Infographic here: http://winefolly.com/tutorial/alcohol-content-in-wine/) And no, I don't think it tastes anything like rice.

Sake, as far as I experienced it, isn't usually drunken as a shot. Yes, you often pour it into small cups, but it's not that likely to be drunken in one go. If I had to describe the taste of sake... Have you eaten cheese fondue (with a gulp of white wine) before? The first time I tried sake I totally thought it tasted a bit alike, but there are various types of sake and with every one, you get a different taste.

Shochu, on the other hand, is more comparable to what's being delivered in shots and has also a higher alcohol content. It is also, partly made from rice, but also from sweet potatoes, buckwheat, brown sugar, etc.

Oh, one more thing: It's also great that you can drink sake warm, hot or cold. Depending on the sake you get, it is better to get a hot/warm one. Warm sake is great with snacks in winter. :3

Ah, thanks for the detailed explanation (yep I meant shots btw).

I have never eaten cheese fondue either so dunno but the idea of warm sake sounds interesting. If sweet sake exists that would make a nice combo in winter. I don't think it's exclusive to us but we have a warm winter drink in the form of boiled red wine with sugar put in it to make it very sweet and it's super amazing (also hits like a truck xd).
Mar 4, 2018 1:24 AM

Mar 2014
MomoSinX said:
Petalview said:

Ah, thanks for the detailed explanation (yep I meant shots btw).

I have never eaten cheese fondue either so dunno but the idea of warm sake sounds interesting. If sweet sake exists that would make a nice combo in winter. I don't think it's exclusive to us but we have a warm winter drink in the form of boiled red wine with sugar put in it to make it very sweet and it's super amazing (also hits like a truck xd).

Not too long ago, I actually read an article or something that they want to promote sparkling sake more (probably overseas). I‘m not sure if it is sweet but I think it might be comparable to sparkling wine.

Oh, I know this one! Where I live it is called Glühwein. :3
FlueckliMar 4, 2018 1:31 AM
Mar 6, 2018 5:49 PM

Oct 2012
Michiru expanded her horizons = in other words, she's alcoholic now :''D
Mar 30, 2018 5:42 AM

Apr 2012
Thanks to the previous episode, now I see the relationship between Michiru and Kae as ship tease: D
Aug 19, 2018 8:27 PM

May 2012
This episode sure made me hungry! Quite liked it, up to the next one.
Jan 30, 2021 7:17 PM

Feb 2014
I also don't get to eat fish that often, so when the opportunity comes I take it.
And is great with beer.
Apr 20, 2021 11:45 AM

Feb 2020
Watching this makes me both thirsty and hungry.

Hilarious episode as always.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Takunomi. Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2018

30 by SlammyHammy »»
Apr 19, 2023 9:56 PM

Poll: » Takunomi. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

20 by SlammyHammy »»
Apr 19, 2023 9:45 PM

Poll: » Takunomi. Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2018

34 by SlammyHammy »»
Apr 19, 2023 9:39 PM

Poll: » Takunomi. Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2018

32 by SlammyHammy »»
Apr 19, 2023 9:32 PM

Poll: » Takunomi. Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

36 by VampireLord1024 »»
Jul 30, 2021 9:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.