Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 14, 2018 11:11 PM

Jan 2017
Just wondered what non-anime TV shows people watched. My personal list is as follows:

The Walking Dead
Fear The Walking Dead
Mr. Robot
Stranger Things
Lost in Space (2018)
Dark
Gotham
Riverdale
Lethal Weapon
Lucifer
The Mick
The Detour
Atlanta
How To Get Away With Murder
Into The Badlands
Preacher
Big Bang Theory / Young Sheldon
Archer
Rick & Morty
South Park
Westworld
The X-Files

Shows that have now ended (but are some of my favorites still):

Dexter
How I Met Your Mother
Freaks & Geeks
Person of Interest

^^ These are the TV shows I watch every episode of, some I like more than others, but all are enjoyable enough to ensure that I never miss an episode.

What are some of yours? List one or all of them, like me. :)
J_LEE_CApr 18, 2018 12:02 AM

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 14, 2018 11:18 PM

Jan 2013
Stranger Things and Black Mirror...
Feb 14, 2018 11:22 PM

May 2015
Tbh, I haven't actually finished many TV shows, but the ones I've enjoyed the most are Breaking Bad, Oz, and Prison Break. BB is definitely my favorite though, and it's easily one of the best things I've seen in any medium of entertainment.

Feb 15, 2018 5:37 AM

May 2016
We got South Park, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Rick & Morty and probably more, but i'm lazy to think of something else....
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Feb 15, 2018 6:49 AM
Jan 2018
My fav is probably Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad is great too but its no longer airing.
Feb 15, 2018 8:06 AM

Jan 2017
Klad said:
Stranger Things and Black Mirror...

Omg, I can't believe I forgot Stranger Things. Yes, me too. I'm adding that on mine.

Feb 15, 2018 8:11 AM
dozing general

Oct 2017
I like Stranger Things, Black Mirror, and Game of Thrones.
I also really liked Hannibal, but I didn’t watch the third season as I kind of liked how the second one left things. I’m bad at finishing shows in general, I enjoyed but haven’t watched all of:
Breaking Bad
How to Get Away with Murder
Walking Dead

I’m planning to watch Westworld next year when I get my annual hbo subscription for a couple months to watch GoT haha
Feb 15, 2018 8:31 AM

Oct 2017
Young Justice
Teen Titans
Teen Titans Go
Dexter's Laboratory
and probably more... but i am lazy af rn
Feb 15, 2018 8:41 AM

Feb 2017
I haven't actually watched regular TV in a long time. All the shows I used to watch have been long since ended, or at least I think they are?

A Few I Liked:

Burn Notice
Black Sails
Psych
Boston Legal
Suits
Monk

Feb 15, 2018 8:44 AM

Aug 2017
Orange is the New Black and South Park, but the last one I stopped watching some time ago (I think I watched until 16th season).
Feb 15, 2018 9:51 AM

May 2010
My top five right now:

1. Breaking Bad
2. Game Of Thrones
4. Friends
5. House of Cards, but it'll probably become a complete disaster after this huge scandal with Spacey :/ So I'll secure this place for Black Mirror, just finished watching all seasons and I totally loved it.

I started watching TV series "for real" just a few years ago, so I still have a lot to catch up with, there are so many great ones coming out right now! Before, when I was watching Lost or House M.D. as a kid this would be unbelieavble, people are treating TV series seriously now, it's so awesome.
Feb 15, 2018 9:56 AM

Apr 2012
Wrong sub-forum and this is gonna get moved to music & entertainment.

Anyways on topic.

Breaking Bad, Black Mirror, Kindred Spirits, American Gods and South Park are just some of my favorites.
Feb 15, 2018 10:42 AM

Feb 2008
most of my favorite shows have already finished airing so I just watch episodes from time to time

Psych
Breaking Bad
The Mentalist
Monk
MASH
Hannibal
Doctor who (up until 11, then it gets really bad)
Being Human (BBC version)
Bedlam
White Collar
Netflix Marvel shows etc
and sometimes I binge watch The Waltons and Little House re-runs when I catch it on TV, they're such good shows

Kinda interested in Mad Men and The Sopranos, might watch one of those soon

and There's a LOT of cartoons so I wont bother listing them
GummyShoesFeb 15, 2018 3:59 PM
Feb 15, 2018 10:49 AM

Dec 2016
All my choices have too much nudity but.

Westworld: was amazing and I can't wait for season 2. I just hope they don't ruin it.
Altered carbon: This show does have it's flaws but at the same time there's just something extremely compelling about the story. It feels like a story that should have been a Anime.
Feb 15, 2018 11:09 AM

Apr 2014
for casual tv potatoing: family guy, american dad, big mouth, cleveland show (rip), impractical jokers, carbonaro effect, spongebob, rick and morty
theres anew one on tbs or something with this guy thats trying to get to the end of the universe iirc
just started watching the jetsons and twilight zone from ep 1
Feb 15, 2018 11:18 AM

Feb 2013
Columbo is the greatest TV show of all time. Miami Vice and Cheers are the runners-up

Feb 15, 2018 11:25 AM

Feb 2010
most live action stuff i like are movies. not enough high fantasy or si-fi out their for me these days.

Stranger things.

Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tommorw, consantine before it got canceled.

Rwby, Avatar the last airbender and legend of korra(since apparently they are "not anime.")

Star vs the forces of evil, Gravity fall.

DCAU(batman animated series, superman animated series, justice league unlimited, batman beyond, static shock.)

Grim adventures of billy and mandy. courage the cowardly dog, Dexter laboratory.

fosters home for imaginary friends.

young justice.

jacky chan adventures.

Ben 10(not the reboot.)

teen titans (NOT GO TO HELL WITH GO)

X-men animated series and X-men evolution.

spectacular spiderman.

Doctor who including current.

star treck

@Sayanna

you hate the 12th(13th) peter capaldi? :'( hes probably my favorite one next to the 10th.

lest favorite was 9th
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 15, 2018 1:57 PM

Feb 2008
@hazarddex
tbf its not Capaldi that I hated, it was the storylines I think after they made that christmas special with the 13th doctor I just gave up. Their explanation on making it happen seemed hamfisted, like Matt Smiths Contract expired and they needed to explain why there were 13 doctors.
Capaldi's doctor sounds like he was written well but his companions were boring or annoying (though tbf most of his compainions can be annoying) and the plotlines for his time in the show didn't quite catch my attention as much as 9-10
Honestly I'm much more of a fan of the older episodes 4-10 are the best 5 being my favorite out of bias that he's hot
Feb 15, 2018 2:07 PM

May 2015
No one's said True Detective (season one) yet. That's gotta be one of my favorite shows ever.

Mindhunter is a great one too

Feb 15, 2018 2:14 PM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Game of Thrones
The Walking Dead
Stranger Things
Riverdale
13 Reasons Why
The End of The Fucking World
Breaking Bad
Punisher
Narcos
Shadowhunter
Black Mirror
Altered Carbon

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX
Feb 15, 2018 2:15 PM

Jul 2011
The Walking Dead and South Park. I don't watch much TV.

Feb 15, 2018 2:35 PM
Jul 2018
I used to LOVE game of thrones. I would rewatch all seasons before a new season just to prepare for it. Once I read the books and the show started diverging a lot during the 4th season (and oh god how bad Dorne was), I really started to dislike the show. I still watch it because its too late to quit now, but it was one of my all time faves, and now its just something I watch.

I really liked black sails, mainly because pirates have always been one of my favourite archetypes and just watching pirates do their thing was such a joy ride, especially after reading "Treasure Island."

The Walking Dead is another one that I've just kept up with for years, although I haven't seen the last season.

There is a few more, but these ones really stick out the most to me.
Feb 15, 2018 3:53 PM

Jan 2017
mascarpone said:
Wrong sub-forum and this is gonna get moved to music & entertainment.

Anyways on topic.

Breaking Bad, Black Mirror, Kindred Spirits, American Gods and South Park are just some of my favorites.

It's cool if they move the thread, that was my bad. I just figured it'd go under Casual Discussion

Feb 15, 2018 5:40 PM

Jan 2017
hazarddex said:
most live action stuff i like are movies. not enough high fantasy or si-fi out their for me these days.

Stranger things.

Rwby, Avatar the last airbender and legend of korra(since apparently they are "not anime.")

DCAU(batman animated series, superman animated series, justice league unlimited, batman beyond, static shock.)

Grim adventures of billy and mandy. courage the cowardly dog, Dexter laboratory.

young justice.

jacky chan adventures.

Ben 10(not the reboot.)

spectacular spiderman.

star treck

@Sayanna

you hate the 12th(13th) peter capaldi? :'( hes probably my favorite one next to the 10th.

lest favorite was 9th

Just curious, do you not like the reboot of Ben 10 or just haven't watched it? I haven't seen all the episodes of either series, but I've seen quite a few. I liked em both, so I was jw what your opinion was. I know the live-action Alien Swarm was just garbage though.

Feb 15, 2018 5:42 PM
Jul 2018
Bojack horseman, breaking bad, and Steven universe to name some
Feb 15, 2018 6:36 PM

Mar 2008
This is in no particular order and I will leave out animated series to shorten it.

The Walking Dead
Fear The Walking Dead
Doctor Who - Haven't seen classic series yet just every ep of the reboot continuation
Supernatural
X-Files
Sherlock - Haven't watched last season
The Alienist
American Horror Story - Only saw Freak Show, Hotel, Roanoke, and Cult
Channel Zero
Damnation
Happy!
The Magicians
Sleepy Hollow
Cleverman
Hamilton's Pharmacopeia
Through the Wormhole
What on Earth?
Adam Ruins Everything
People of Earth
The Big Bang Theory
Happyish - wound up canceled
Workaholics
Broad City
Corporate - keep missing episodes though
This Isn't Happening
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Malcom in the Middle
Penny Dreadful
Mr. Robot
Legion
Constantine - but got cancelled
Spotless - wound up in limbo. It first airned on French and British channels then once in the US the channel Esquire renewed it for another season to be made but then the channel was taken off air and I can't find out what happened to the show.
Taboo (FX series)
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Criminal Minds
Prison Break
Fringe - Never watched it in full yet
Dexter
House
Monk
Psyche
Der Tatortreiniger (Crime Scene Cleaner)
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
The Outer Limits - the 90s series not the 60s one
Quantum Leap
The Twilight Zone - classic series not those shitty later versions
The Three Stooges - Mostly the ones with Curly but I also like Shemp but don't care for Joe or Curly Joe.
traedFeb 16, 2018 4:53 AM
Feb 15, 2018 6:36 PM

Feb 2010
J_LEE_C said:
hazarddex said:

Stranger things.

young justice.

jacky chan adventures.

Ben 10(not the reboot.)

spectacular spiderman.

star treck

@Sayanna

lest favorite was 9th

Just curious, do you not like the reboot of Ben 10 or just haven't watched it? I haven't seen all the episodes of either series, but I've seen quite a few. I liked em both, so I was jw what your opinion was. I know the live-action Alien Swarm was just garbage though.

my problem with the reboot is it lacks the seriousness of the old series. sure it had comedy but it also had some drama this new series just feels like comedic action.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 15, 2018 7:26 PM

Jan 2018
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
House
Heroes
Scrubs
The Simpsons
Arrested Development
Seinfeld
How I met Your Mother
30 Rock
Feb 15, 2018 7:28 PM

Jan 2017
StarSwoardsman said:
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
House
Heroes
Scrubs
The Simpsons
Arrested Development
Seinfeld
How I met Your Mother
30 Rock

Thank you for the reminder on HIMYM, loved that show.

Feb 16, 2018 12:50 AM
Jul 2018
Teen Titans and Avatar the last airbender.

Don't really watch much TV or live action stuff.
Feb 16, 2018 1:14 AM

Nov 2016
Dexter
How I Met Your Mother
Game of Thrones
Everybody Hates Chris
Malcolm In The Middle
South Park

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 16, 2018 2:02 AM

Jul 2015
Gilmore Girls, Regular show, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Ben 10, King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond, Seinfeld, Frasier, The I.T Crowd, Friends and The Big Bang Theory are really the only TV shows I watch.
Feb 16, 2018 4:52 AM

Feb 2014
twd, ftwd, stranger things, orange is the new black, got, ahs, westworld, supernatural, shield, once upon a time, jane the virgin, housewives of beverly hills, vanderpump rules, made in chelsea, riverdale, lethal weapon and probmore but thats all i can think of lol
i know that most of the shows i watch should end soon as dragging it out ruins it cough cough twd and ahs but i do love garbage so ima keep watching
fairyFeb 16, 2018 10:07 AM
Feb 16, 2018 4:57 AM

Mar 2008
StarSwoardsman said:
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
House
Heroes
Scrubs
The Simpsons
Arrested Development
Seinfeld
How I met Your Mother
30 Rock

My feelings about Scrubs varies so much from my mood. I originally thought was dumb then I thought it was funny but now I can't watch it since I find it so depressing.
Feb 16, 2018 6:09 AM

Nov 2017
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is my all-time favorite. I rarely watch TV nowadays, but I'll list some shows I'm watching now...

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, iZombie, WWE, Atlanta, The Flash, Supergirl, The Walking Dead
Feb 16, 2018 7:33 AM

Aug 2015
(Fear) The Walking Dead, The Blacklist and True Detective. I don't watch cartoons.
Feb 16, 2018 7:47 AM
Aug 2016
Does dramas count aswell? If they do, then my favorite one is a k-drama named Hit The Top. It was so good. Oh yeah, I also like a lot of horror movies when I used to watch them yars ago. Too many to list all of them now, and don't remember all of them. One that I remember and used to LOVE is Drag me to Hell.
Feb 16, 2018 9:32 AM

Sep 2016
I like a lot of them but i am too lazy to list em all. The last ones that i watched and liked were Stranger things, Game of thrones and Modern family
Feb 16, 2018 9:53 AM

Jan 2017
Kuroko-chan said:
Does dramas count aswell? If they do, then my favorite one is a k-drama named Hit The Top. It was so good. Oh yeah, I also like a lot of horror movies when I used to watch them yars ago. Too many to list all of them now, and don't remember all of them. One that I remember and used to LOVE is Drag me to Hell.

Of course, I was just seeing what fellow MAL users liked for entertainment in the non-anime realm. Dramas and movies definitely count too.

Feb 16, 2018 10:07 AM

Dec 2017
Vikings,always fascinate me .

Feb 16, 2018 10:17 AM

Oct 2012
Game of Thrones, Orange is the New Black, The L-Word, Breaking Bad, Rick and Morty, Family Guy
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Feb 16, 2018 10:17 AM

May 2013
"Animals Gone Wild." Best thing to watch while I'm eating. Yesterday they had Mongoose vs. Cobra.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Feb 24, 2018 5:19 PM

Mar 2016
I have more, these are just the ones I can think of.

Community
The Office
The Twilight Zone (original)
Regular Show
Star Trek
Doctor Who (the original series)
Arrested Development
Steven Universe
Adventure Time
Gravity Falls
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Feb 24, 2018 5:30 PM

Mar 2013
not a big fan of a lot of western TV shows, I prefer movies.
I do like all the old adult swim shows though. brak show, xavier: renegade angel, ATHF etcetc..
meditate on bass weight.
Feb 25, 2018 2:40 AM

Jan 2016
I watch a bunch of cartoons, tho I don't watch anything live-action except movies. But cartoons are tv shows so they count:
Gravity Falls
Regular Show
Feb 25, 2018 3:07 AM

Apr 2011
Breaking Bad
Dexter
The Blacklist
Person of Interest
The Walking Dead
Infinity Challenge (KR show)
Feb 25, 2018 4:40 AM

Jan 2018
The Walking Dead
Gotham
Lethal Weapon
Big Bang Theory / Young Sheldon
Adventure Time
Man vs wild
Pawn star
The pickers
Teen Titans
Spongebob squarepant

Cooking shows like master chef, chopped, man vs food, etc.
Feb 25, 2018 4:49 AM

Feb 2016
Avatar the last airbender is my favorite animated series of all time. I like Legend of korra too but it makes me sad to see my ATLA characters dead and old. I like to pretend that Legend of korra never happened.
Mar 15, 2018 11:21 AM

Jan 2015
Bones. Which I'm currently binge watching. (on season six and I've been bingeing since March 3rd.)

I LOVE this show. I've always had an interest in forensic anthropology, it amazes me how they can find out a so much about a person just by looking at their bones. And the characters (well in reality the actors) work so well together. They have really good chemistry. And the show has a good mix of comedy, drama and science jargon that I don't understand and of course romance.

Besides Bones, I also like 9-1-1, Everwood, Friday Night Lights, Powerpuff Girls (original one, not the mess that they are making now) Teen Titans (original, not GO!), That's So Raven, Kim Possible, Phineas and Ferb, Avatar: The Last Airbender, 8 Simple Rules, Dexter's Laboratory,The Good Doctor, Sister Sister, Family Guy, Smallville, Ghost Whisperer, World's Dumbest, Kyle XY and Rick and Monty. I have the complete series box sets of Bones, Everwood, Friday Night Lights, The Powerpuff Girls, and Teen Titans. Funny how I'll spend money on complete series box sets of western shows but not spend money on anime. I'm a horrible person. :/

Most of my favorite shows ended a while ago and/or don't air on TV anymore, though, which is one reason I don't really watch tv anymore.

I know, I didn't have to make a big essay but I wanted to make an attempt at a discussion post instead of just listing my favorite shows.
ArillionMar 18, 2018 2:57 PM
Mar 15, 2018 12:10 PM

Dec 2016
Not counting childhood classic cartoons that I just don't watch anymore (this including The Simpsons), I am not and have never been good at watching western TV shows. For some reason I just don't care about them. I've always preferred movies.

The only ones that ever caught my interest from beginning to end were LOST and Downton Abbey. I liked a lot the first season of Heroes too, but in the 2nd one it became shit in an irredeemable way and dropped it.

I've also watched some random episodes of sitcoms like Friends and Will & Grace, but I wouldn't call them "favorites"...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - 2 hours ago

0 by 56709 »»
2 hours ago

» Where do you stream music?

Cammell - Feb 17

30 by DollzchanAi »»
4 hours ago

» New Golden Axe animated series announced by Comedy Central

tchitchouan - 9 hours ago

4 by Adnash »»
4 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3378 by GoddessLove »»
9 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7598 by GoddessLove »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.