Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 13, 2018 8:50 PM

Apr 2014
characters like Leon are right up my alley, it's a shame he's only a side character and we won't ever see him again (and if we will it be in one of those cheesy ending credits where we see him being all happy doing what he loves, i'll laugh if i'm spot on with that)

i wonder if Violet will ever find out that Gilbert is dead (if he IS dead)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2018 4:58 AM
Jun 2013
eh. Sure the guy didn't want to hear that answer lol.
Aug 22, 2018 7:24 PM

Aug 2016
Oh man, her smile at the end... that damn smile... my heart is melting now..

Zadion said:
i'm not crying you're crying ;-;

Shut up, you are crying, not me... not me...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2018 6:42 AM

Jan 2014
this anime is so freaking good! don't understand all the complaints from people who read the manga, I think it's executed very well. Although I do hope we get back on track with actually finding out more about Violet and her past, the last two ep have been kind of episodic
Sep 17, 2018 11:20 AM
Jun 2015
The confession...loved it <3 though one sided, it was awesome...
Oct 11, 2018 5:27 PM
Jul 2018
Great episode. Chemistry between Leon and Violet was well-paced and nice to see. For the first time, it didn't rely on half-assed feels and saved the few tears for the end as a payoff. Music was great, not overpowering like the last episode. A shame this show is episodic, I want to know so much more about Leon. He would be a great main character. The visuals of the comet were great as well. Definitely the best episode so far.
Nov 21, 2018 11:57 PM

Nov 2013
So we're in a observatory now? Neat.

The way Leon warms up to Violet throughout the episode is adorable. Guy tsunderes are always cute.

Leon's backstory was a bit of a typical tragic backstory; fine.

Leon a cute. I doubt we'll see him again, but I liked him.

Good episode. Definitely my favorite so far. 8/10

Makes me wish more anime had observatories. It feels underutilized as a setting.

Dec 15, 2018 9:11 PM

Jun 2015
i hope we see leon again sometime, i actually really liked him
Dec 21, 2018 11:20 PM

Oct 2013
Absolutely beautiful episode ;_;
Dec 28, 2018 11:42 AM

Mar 2016
After last ep's ending where Violet met with her Major's brother, I thought this ep will delve into more of Violet's darker past. But I guess not huh... A shame...

This time it's about a guy who works in the manuscript in an observatory. But whoa, this episode alone is great! I love how Leon is quite similar to Violet herself. He went from someone who thinks the job of an auto memory doll as disgusting to a job with great and respectable values during his time with Violet. And in return, Leon allows Violet to understand the feeling of loneliness, not that it's good, but now she understands at least.

Their farewell is wonderful, with Leon finally having the courage to travel the world thanks to Violet and Violet smiling back at him as a cherry on top.
Beautiful farewell deserves a beautiful reunion...
Jan 24, 2019 11:19 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
So, are we going to pretend like the major's older brother never showed up? Unless that is, it was a neack peek for something else to come in the future, they sure looked like they were on top of a naval ship, nothing fo that happened this episode.

That boy was getting too close, I was worried for his sake that he might go in too deep and being rejected at the end, he was too good to meet a fate like that.

It makes you happy to be in a world where there are printers you can depend on, it must have been pretty rare that somebody could get a world-class piece of literature for their own unless they enslave somebody to retype the whole thing from page one.
Feb 26, 2019 9:27 PM

Dec 2018
first decent episode, finally.
Apr 20, 2019 1:40 PM

Apr 2012
It's easy to criticise KyoAni but it's hard to deny the interesting spin they put on everything.
May 8, 2019 3:57 AM

Feb 2013
They were really similar.
Dunno if Leon is in love with her but it would be cool if they meet in the future again.
May 26, 2019 1:32 AM

Sep 2012
Aversa said:
This was a nice episode i really liked the guy this time even if he didn't express himself that much it was nice to watch.
He probably was expecting someone completely different from Violet.
It was nice to see him fall in love like that.

hes face when he looked at her first time 😂 he was like a opened book, first look was all it took for him to fall for her

Kokoro_Inuzuka said:
A weaker episode, but not bad nonetheless.

What a short love story for Leon lmfao xD I hope his roomie made better progress with that space bun girl :P

Poor Violet. By the time she realizes that she loves Gilbert the way he loved her, it'll be too late :( Her romance is long gone </3

If Leon could make her happy, that would be quite lovely :') esp since they both have similarities and it was Leon's love at first sight hahah. To see Violet again upon his travels would be total fate, like Ally's Comet :} *side story or alternate ending??? ;D ;D huehue

what ur talking about the major is dead so its already 2late sins before ep1
Sugram22May 26, 2019 1:37 AM
May 27, 2019 1:40 PM

May 2013
Sugram22 said:
Aversa said:
This was a nice episode i really liked the guy this time even if he didn't express himself that much it was nice to watch.
He probably was expecting someone completely different from Violet.
It was nice to see him fall in love like that.

hes face when he looked at her first time 😂 he was like a opened book, first look was all it took for him to fall for her

Kokoro_Inuzuka said:
A weaker episode, but not bad nonetheless.

What a short love story for Leon lmfao xD I hope his roomie made better progress with that space bun girl :P

Poor Violet. By the time she realizes that she loves Gilbert the way he loved her, it'll be too late :( Her romance is long gone </3

If Leon could make her happy, that would be quite lovely :') esp since they both have similarities and it was Leon's love at first sight hahah. To see Violet again upon his travels would be total fate, like Ally's Comet :} *side story or alternate ending??? ;D ;D huehue

Bruh, I watched this last year and never read the manga. Pretty sure my hopes were up that the Major wasn't really dead bc some animes do that where the person survived somehow and were just in hiding somewhere ^^" Can't blame me for hoping for that anime logic lol
May 27, 2019 1:49 PM

Sep 2012
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:
Sugram22 said:

Bruh, I watched this last year and never read the manga. Pretty sure my hopes were up that the Major wasn't really dead bc some animes do that where the person survived somehow and were just in hiding somewhere ^^" Can't blame me for hoping for that anime logic lol

considering her face at the end of last ep he mite be, the one requesting her whos not shown to us mite be him
Jun 26, 2019 3:23 AM
May 2012
-Everlasting- said:
So it's been years and she still isn't aware that the guy is dead? wat

I know right haha. Touching episode, though. I really thought Leon was a girl at first.
Jun 28, 2019 3:57 PM

Nov 2017
Well that's a pretty good show so far, interesting motives and all. Sometimes can get annoying but so far my overall experience has been very good.

Jul 2, 2019 3:55 AM

Jul 2013
After the appearance of Gilbert's younger brother last episode, I thought we're gonna get some little backstory from Violet this episode but surprisingly enough, I didn't mind at all because this episode itself is pretty great. So much better than last episode. The placement of this episode is rather awkward to be honest but it's not like the development in the last episode went to waste either. At least Violet was able to question if she's even worthy enough of her job as a Doll because of her upbringing.

This episode is great. I loved the peaceful atmosphere and the deep talks between Leon and Violet sharing their similarities and experiences. This is what's missing from the last episode's shitty romance plot. Leon and Violet learning something from each other. Violet had a more firm grasp of her emotions now. She learned that she was sad all along. Leon fell in love with Violet but he hesitated probably because he realized Violet has another person in mind and taking up that experience to heart, he learned to stop hesitating and being complacent and finally got the courage to do what he wants this time.
Oct 3, 2019 7:26 AM

Mar 2015
Violet continues to be less doll-like, I like it!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 13, 2020 3:09 AM

Oct 2010
She really out here saving lives. Someone give her a raise.
Apr 21, 2020 1:16 PM
May 2019
Loved it!

This is what I wanted, but this episode went so fast , I think this is the best episode of this anime
Apr 22, 2020 6:54 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
MrMushin said:
Now, this is what I want to see from this series.

The direction here is amazing, the music placement is suiting, the animation is beautiful, the story is interesting, Literally, everything in this episode felt great for me!
There is character development for side characters here as well, though it works pretty slowly on Violet.

Damm, I really thought tsundere boy was a girl at first lol...

5/5 This is what I want to see from Violet Evergarden.

Subpar when compared to ep5 though.
It was definitely a good watch, certainly more enjoyable than the first episodes, where I really didnt care much for Violet.
May 12, 2020 11:07 AM

Jun 2009
dangit Leon why'd you wait last minute to say all that 😢

May 13, 2020 11:29 AM

Feb 2012
Hmm, so Kouberi sounds very Japanese (though Iberis doesn't), as does her company, Fujimi. Her dress on the other hand seems closer to a Cheongsam. So there is a fantasy-counterpart culture to the far east in this world.

The way Leon strangled his bread lmao

I'm glad that Violet's starting to do near smiles naturally now.
Fortress_MaximusMay 13, 2020 11:56 AM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 26, 2020 6:30 AM

Feb 2019
That is one hell of a reject
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Sep 28, 2020 4:55 AM

Jul 2020
It’s good to see Violet slowly learning about her feelings. Though it will be heartbreaking to see when she finally realized her love for the Major then learns that he’s already dead.

And I hope Leon and her will meet again someday.
Oct 17, 2020 9:44 AM
Sep 2020
I really like this, because it's really good
Oct 17, 2020 9:45 AM
Sep 2020
I really like this, because it's really good
Dec 6, 2020 10:27 AM

Aug 2014
so she learned what is loneliness and smiled for the first time

previous episode ending had this encounter with her old enemy, shouldn't this episode be about that and not this astronomy thing?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 19, 2020 10:12 AM

Jan 2019
So it seems we just sort of left the Dietfried teaser hanging. Oh well, still enjoyed this.

Violet playing pokemon with emotions, trying to catch 'em all, haha.
Mar 15, 2021 5:45 AM

Jun 2020
That was beautiful, brought me to tears with that story of the comet & how it paralleled with their encounter. Maybe one day, they would meet again somewhere under the starry sky :”)

Its parting was not a tragedy. In the eternity of the land of fairies, they were blessed with a new vessel and its soul would be protected forevermore...

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 29, 2021 11:50 PM

Dec 2020
eh episode but it was done well. im a sucker for characters like leon so this is a win for me

looks like violet changed quite a lot over the years huh? not a 180 transformation but she's able to talk convey and show emotions more
Jul 7, 2021 9:59 AM

Jan 2021
I love leon.
I hope we get to see more of him later on.
Nov 23, 2021 8:37 AM
Jul 2019
Mom and this episode are sad with this boy, but I'm glad Violet is starting to feel more things and become a new person and has a new friend now. "And she met her old colleagues."
Nov 29, 2021 3:24 PM

Jun 2016
Our boy Leon here did not stand a chance of winning Violet over, as Gilbert was and will always be in her heart. Feels bad, yo.

A massive scribe/ghostwriter undertaking this episode, and it's kind of refreshing to see Violet encounter someone close in personality to her too. Shame he was getting picked on, but Violet's no-nonsense way of interacting with people may be warded them off. Maybe.

Leon, himself has found a new purpose thanks to Violet. Unintentionally helping someone is Violet's M.O at this point, hehe.

Feb 23, 2022 5:20 PM

Jul 2012
WHAT A CUTE ASS EPISODE. Favorite so far.
May 7, 2022 3:44 AM
Jan 2021
"We could meet again somewhere under the starry sky"

Damn i totally ship both of them i wish you two could actually meet again someday also that major brother guy totally did something to violet that damn shit

Beautiful ep as always this and a place further than universe has very similar feeling to it just Beautifully captivating scenes yet emotional as well
Jun 19, 2022 11:30 PM

Apr 2018
I lowkey ship them together! Too bad that it's most likely they won't see each other again :(. This was my favorite episode!
Aug 20, 2022 5:15 PM
Aug 2022
I'm loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 15, 2022 8:50 PM
Jul 2022
Amazing, Perfect
Oct 21, 2022 1:10 AM
Oct 2022
perfect, leon and violet were fantasic
Dec 1, 2022 8:41 PM
Nov 2022
this anime made me value people and time so much more. just try to appreciate life, man. it sucks a lot, i know, but everyone you meet faces its heat, and some people really do make it better and bring out the sweetest part of you.
and as leon said, “never let people go”.
Jan 10, 2023 10:26 AM
Mar 2019
got me crying
why cant violet like leon instead of old ass gilbert bruh
Jan 16, 2023 12:26 AM
Nov 2021
wwedsaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 17, 2023 9:36 PM
Jan 2023
deveras desinteressante o ep mas Violet ta conseguindo fica cada vez mais humana,e eu acho que ela sabe que o Gilbert morreu so n aceitou ainda.Como e bom maratonar um anime bom
Mar 15, 2023 8:12 PM

Oct 2021
I wish Leon and Violet are paired-up in the series. But this episode feels as if it's a hang-over. I just want Violet to move on from her Gilbert. She deserves better!

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Apr 6, 2023 8:49 PM

Jul 2016
damn... wow, damn
Apr 18, 2023 9:35 PM
Apr 2023
Loved the interaction between Violet and Leon. Violet's character outshines in emotional depth and her resolve as an auto memory doll of what she becomes at this stage of the episode. Leon felt like a mirror of Violet to some degree, and that's why their conversations felt so dynamic and lively.

Leon sees how much Violet is striving in a field she was alien to. Her love for the Major resonates in her work as a writer as in the way she is able to write letters now after much practice and understanding of human emotions and especially in this episode to write so well about the comet. 
Uzumaki_FumiteruApr 18, 2023 9:46 PM
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2018

617 by AMazingWay »»
Apr 22, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2018

244 by _Anime-Lover-44_ »»
Apr 15, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2018

422 by TabbyPog »»
Apr 5, 2:36 PM

» Do you love Violet Evergarden? ( 1 2 )

Stacias - Jul 19, 2022

90 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 5, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2018

498 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Mar 26, 5:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.