Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Feb 13, 6:10 AM
asking this bcs i dropped this anime right after the 1st ep. i usually just dropped and watch it and try to endure the boringness like clannad and angel beats. but idk why but i feel like "damn i ain't watch that masked guy and that "always night"background lol

p.s i just watched the ep1 only. just asking this but is there any light in that anime ? lol
im saying lol just to complete the sentence and not making it cringe lol

Feb 13, 6:13 AM

I don't really know more, I dropped it on the second episode. But yes, that's one of the most boring show I've tried to watch. It's also really ugly.

Feb 13, 6:19 AM

its ok its not the best anime i've watched nor its it the worst

Feb 13, 6:19 AM

I managed to get some enjoyment out of the first season, but damn, the second season is boring af.

Let's go on an adventure to a place further than the universe!

Feb 13, 6:20 AM

It's boring and full of empty dialogues. There's only one decent fight at the end of the first season, if you had to watch it I'd recommend the summary movies since it seems to be less boring.

Some people say that it's good because the main character is a villain but that's not true at all, he's just the overpowered hero in a villain suit.
Metropolis said:
It’s our emotions. They vibrate, and all we can do is move forward within that amplitude. But without affirming them, we can’t survive.

Feb 13, 6:27 AM
if you talked about 1 season, well, just like the start of any Isekai theme anime, something wrong-something wrong, bam, transferred into another world. i dont have any knowledge about the light novel, but from my perspective, it’s a good Isekai. yes, there are light in there or whatever you called it, in ep. 3 or 4 if i’m not wrong.

the first and second episode, they’re not doing anything, this is the key point of the characteristic of the main character, despite being an overpowered, he still trying to be cautious as possible, the reason why he always need to be cautious in the world that he doesnt know can be seen later in episode (Shalltear problem)

just bear with that masked guy OP, is not THAT bad, in terms of Isekai themed anime of course. but well, thats my take about this series, first impression is important, i feel you why you dropped it.

Feb 13, 6:31 AM

Honestly , I had the will to watch it when it firstly aired and was so hyped , after each episode from it I was rethinking about why the f**k did I watch it , simply after 10 eps I dropped it. I couldn't stand how boring it was , even the characters were boring. It had the potential to be something intriguing but failed so baaaad.

Well this is my opinion only anyway , although it's okei for me for those who love it.

Feb 13, 6:34 AM

Overlord's a great anime, i recommend you to watch it if you like isekais.....

Ace_Card said:
I managed to get some enjoyment out of the first season, but damn, the second season is boring af.

Yeah, episode 2 and 3 are boring af but 4 & 5 are great; the lizard arc has met it's conclusion so maybe now it would get better.....
Modified by ZSTGL_IMA, Feb 13, 6:38 AM

Forum set by UltimateFujoshi

Feb 13, 6:38 AM

better than all the Isekais coming out now

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Feb 13, 6:46 AM

I hate those wild lizard or whatever those are. The scene makes me sick ...

Modified by Dark_Weebs, Feb 13, 6:52 AM

Forum set by UltimateFujoshi

Feb 13, 6:47 AM

complete trash 0/10 i wouldn't watch it again

Feb 13, 6:50 AM

I was so bored after the first two episodes and thought that this show will most likely not offer enough to compensate for that.
"Are my father and little brother dead too?"

"What does that matter? We were talking about One Piece."

Feb 13, 6:52 AM

It's an okay show. It has some funny moments and some decent characters (mostly the supporting ones), but it's nothing amazing.
That being, said, both of the opening of the series are really good, especially the second.

Feb 13, 6:54 AM

I love it. It's one of the best, if not the best Isekai I've ever seen.

The characters are fantastic, the art is good and gets better in the SS, and the story is right on the mark (if your looking for OP MC in another world). I have no idea what your talking about when you say "night background" though. You'd have to show me a picture of what you're talking about.

Pretty much what I'm trying to say is, if you like those kind of stories (Log Horizon, Sword Art Online, No Game No Life, etc.) then you'll most likely enjoy Overlord. If you don't, you won't.

Feb 13, 6:56 AM

Dark_Weebs said:

I agree. Good news is as far as I've read in the manga, that's the most you'll see out of them.

Feb 13, 6:57 AM

Just want to add this to all the the responses: its an light novel isekai adaptation what were you all expecting ?

Feb 13, 6:57 AM

The S1 were kinda good especially Shalltear's fight... I feel in love to her at that point...

Feb 13, 7:00 AM

it's bad but it's a lil' bit better than some of isekai anime adaptations out there.
i just finished binge watching the whole season 1 (literally) and it feels lacking in several aspects (plot,conflict,character development, world-building, art & animation, flexibility in voice acting/script-writing, etc)... but I managed to watched through it so I guess it's bearable. I can't see why people are/were hyped over it.

Feb 13, 7:00 AM

Kuraokani said:
Well... you haven't seen Juuni Kokuki (The Twelve Kingdoms).
Metropolis said:
It’s our emotions. They vibrate, and all we can do is move forward within that amplitude. But without affirming them, we can’t survive.

Feb 13, 7:01 AM

zal said:
Kuraokani said:
Well... you haven't seen Juuni Kokuki (The Twelve Kingdoms).
I haven't. I plan on watching it but I'm not a big fan of girl protagonist.

Feb 13, 7:04 AM

first season of anime is pretty weak compared to the LN , but overall it's a good anime with non-generic protagonist

(your animu taste could be just shit tho)

The anime is worth watching, I agree with you that first episodes are little bit boring, but you can't judge about an anime from the first episodes.

mods begone x2

lowkey dropped on the first episode as well

woops

Feb 13, 7:06 AM
Overrated, cringy and boring af. Dropped it on ep 3.

Feb 13, 8:15 AM

Well, I found it to be terrible, mainly because of its cast of cardboard and how the entire "trapped in a video game" setting made everything downright illogical.

Feb 13, 8:30 AM

Dunno. I don't find any interest to watch this. Probably not my type of an anime.

Feb 13, 8:33 AM
Shiro-nyan's Pet

It's gotten more interesting in S2 I think. For once we've gotten to see things from someone else's perspective where suddenly the main characters become the bad guys and the enemy which has been pretty refreshing

You may look but you can't touch: my body belongs to Shiro-sama <3
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Feb 13, 8:35 AM

Way better than SAO but worse than Log Horizon. It's meh overall.
Modified by Shion, Feb 13, 8:39 AM

Feb 13, 8:38 AM

I found it to be quite entertaining personally.

Glory to Ains un Gowl!
Modified by Kruszer, Feb 13, 6:07 PM
"If we just take a step back, a bigger picture we might view.
Perhaps the man in the gutter is not so different from you"
-Disparity by Design -Rise Against

Feb 13, 8:40 AM

People really hate the lizards.

Well, you could skip the whole arc if you want. The new arc starts on Ep 6, or you could just see Ep 5 to check the fate of the lizards and move on.

Feb 13, 8:47 AM

Worse than Sword Art Online; at least Kirito being over powered in that was fun to watch. In Overlord it's just boring bad looking shit. Not to mention the plot goes absolutely no-where, the main characters just trying to get his street-cred up.

Feb 13, 9:08 AM

Dark_Weebs said:

This is WAY too weird for me......XD but if it was a moe girl yelling that line....that's not an improvement. lol

Feb 13, 9:13 AM

Dropped it after the 6th episode. It didn't get better OP.

Feb 13, 9:26 AM

its quite dull, its at the point where i keep almost dropping it but for some reason im holding out for more, its probably because the MC is "a villain"...
even if he isnt really
Kuraokani said:

The characters are fantastic, the art is good and gets better in the SS, and the story is right on the mark (if your looking for OP MC in another world). I have no idea what your talking about when you say "night background" though. You'd have to show me a picture of what you're talking about.

Pretty much what I'm trying to say is, if you like those kind of stories (Log Horizon, Sword Art Online, No Game No Life, etc.) then you'll most likely enjoy Overlord. If you don't, you won't.
Apparently i want less wish fulfillment out of my isekai (which seems weird because you would think the type is solely made for that), even when the character is kind of OP i like it to be grittier like youjo senki, Kiba or drifters. Though generally i wish we had more where the MC isnt OP like Grimgar, and Re:zero (sort of, his power is pretty OP still), or even comedy ones like ixon saga and the hilarious Konusuba...... ok it kind of sounds like anything other than the wish fulfillment for me lol

Feb 13, 10:34 AM

I didn't watch Overlord but I've seen some scenes of it from season 2 somewhere, basically just lizard.... things. But I'll have to watch it to have an impression about it. It's probably something different than usual.

Feb 13, 10:50 AM

Yet another bad isekai. Has a mildly interesting idea at the start but then decides to have the protagonist be a worthless adventurer in the middle of nowhere.

It's another chapter in my book titled Why Anime Should Be Abolished.

Feb 13, 10:52 AM

it's better than Clannad if that helps

LN_Author said:
With light novels there are two factions:
younger girls versus older girls, or little sisters
versus big sisters. Childhood friends aren't
really that popular when they're around the
same age as the protagonist. So we're faced
with the prospect of choosing between one
of the main factions.

Feb 13, 1:10 PM

I personally enjoyed Overlord and damn theres so much hate in here for it lol. Anyways if you were to ask me my reply would be that the first season is basically just literally an introduction* to the anime....I mean there isn't much action involved in season one (I haven't seen season 2 currently). The only real action you will get to see is after the 10th episode.

Long story short overlord's season 1 has a very slow beginning there's insufficient action in it.
Modified by Adhiraj2000, Feb 13, 1:19 PM

Feb 13, 1:12 PM

The first few episodes are hard to watch because they're mostly about the lizard people, which I don't care about. I just want to see Ainz Buffing again in a fight, I dropped it on the first episode.

Feb 13, 1:18 PM

To me it's just another shitty isekai that people overhyped because it was a little different from the others

Feb 13, 4:50 PM
welp i can relate all of ur comments lol

Feb 13, 5:01 PM
I actually find it interesting,besides it's just 13 episodes

Feb 13, 5:08 PM

It's more like a slice of life inside a video game, besides that not are more plot. but is entertaining at least.

Feb 13, 5:10 PM

Yeah, it's pretty boring. Too much dialogue, and most of it is just circlejerk dialogue.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.

Feb 13, 5:13 PM

The first season was pretty good but the second one is so boring, but for me, it has a thing that doesnt make you drop it.

Feb 13, 5:13 PM

Watched the 1st episode of S1 and it's been on-hold ever since.

Feb 13, 5:53 PM
Dragon Mistress

ZaFsii said:
To me it's just another shitty isekai that people overhyped because it was a little different from the others

^dis
which makes me wonder, if sao wasn't such a circlejerk for people to hate and compare stuff to, overlord would be forgotten to oblivion

Feb 13, 5:58 PM
Nana Deviluke❤️

@Scarlett_ryuken Id remember it at least because of Hino
was actually the main reason I watched it despite being done by Madhouse

Feb 13, 6:04 PM
Dragon Mistress

Deknijff said:
@Scarlett_ryuken Id remember it at least because of Hino
was actually the main reason I watched it despite being done by Madhouse

i mean that's you
plz

dont see you watching gintama cause of him :>