Forum Settings
Forums

1 anime you loved the most/left you with no words

New
Feb 12, 2018 5:40 PM

Aug 2017
Whats the 1 anime from all you watched that you loved the most? Im talking about that anime that left you with no words when it ended/anime that made you feel empty when it ended.

Mine was Death Note when i ended the series i sat like 30 minutes watching at nothing i felt so empty, sad but happy at same time it felt like my soul just left me it was just great best anime i saw until now i still cant forget it...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 12, 2018 5:42 PM

Jan 2018
That one anime would probably be Made in Abyss.

Literally the last couple of episodes hit too hard.

Honorable mentions would be, 5 cm per second.

「 what comes after the rain? 」
add meanime listmanga list

Feb 12, 2018 5:44 PM

Aug 2017
mihyon said:

im thinking about watching it even tho that loli style is not really for me
Feb 12, 2018 5:47 PM

Jan 2018
ItzYoBoiSatan said:
mihyon said:

In the beginning I thought this show was suppose to cater towards children, but then I was told otherwise. I didn't like the art style at first, but I don't mind after watching it. There are some parts that you wouldn't expect from the anime because of the art style, that's what was surprising.

「 what comes after the rain? 」
add meanime listmanga list

Feb 12, 2018 5:48 PM

Jan 2018
My was Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei.
Feb 12, 2018 5:49 PM

Aug 2017
Congintive said:

ohhh yep really great anime its hard to find cool MC's like the ones in that anime
Feb 12, 2018 5:51 PM

Aug 2017
Litcotaku said:
That must be School Days, seriously. So many people have underrated this masterpiece. Perfect music, perfect voice acting, and perfect story. Most audience just cannot handle it, it doesn't mean School Days is not an absolute classic.
PS: God bless 0verflow >_<

i respect your likes and your opinion but for me that anime was terrifying even tho i never minded the gore nor anything like that but something just made me feel uncomfortable watching it.

As i said i respect your likes and opinion :D
Feb 12, 2018 5:53 PM
Sep 2015
Mine was two of my most favorites, Kaiji and Welcome to the NHK.
Still waiting for Half-Life 3...
Feb 12, 2018 5:53 PM

Aug 2017
mihyon said:
ItzYoBoiSatan said:

In the beginning I thought this show was suppose to cater towards children, but then I was told otherwise. I didn't like the art style at first, but I don't mind after watching it. There are some parts that you wouldn't expect from the anime because of the art style, that's what was surprising.

well that happens a lot with art styles....welp i guess i will try it out and see not really losing much
Feb 12, 2018 5:54 PM

Jan 2018
Yeah I think that was a masterpiece imo.

Sep 2017
the only anime that's made me feel that way is fma brotherhood. even with 2 years of liking anime at the time, all the anime prior before seeing that (well, i watched it for the first time a while back, but didn't start watching it until nov 2017) were just simple enjoyment and i enjoyed practically everything i watched. but that anime just completely changed how i viewed anime as a whole.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Aug 2017
Programmer69 said:
Mine was two of my most favorites, Kaiji and Welcome to the NHK.

interesting choices haven't seen them but i heard they are pretty good. Might just try them out
Feb 12, 2018 5:56 PM

Aug 2017
Dlwuik said:
the only anime that's made me feel that way is fma brotherhood. even with 2 years of liking anime at the time, all the anime prior before seeing that (well, i watched it for the first time a while back, but didn't start watching it until nov 2017) were just simple enjoyment and i enjoyed practically everything i watched. but that anime just completely changed how i viewed anime as a whole.

well dang big words i might just watch this anime next it does seem interesting. It has a great story from what i heard
Feb 12, 2018 5:56 PM

Aug 2017
pgmhecateii said:
The ones with the most words would be stuff like Psycho Pass 2 and Soul Eater Not, I had a bunch of complaints for those.

I can't really remember anything I had so much to say about on a positive note...Gintama left me speechless and emotional, that had to be the closest. It was really depressing when I had to go collect fanart while waiting the the new seasons to start...

Don't have any special one? like the one you loved the most
Feb 12, 2018 5:57 PM

Sep 2014
Rabu Raibu First One , not Sunshine. I cry everytime :'(
Feb 12, 2018 6:00 PM

Jul 2016
So basically your favorite anime

Rose of Versailles, m8
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2018 6:10 PM

Mar 2017
I don't think being left without words necessarily means that an anime was good (at least for me). I always have things I want to say or talk about once I finish something - even the resolution itself will bring about many of these thoughts/questions. The only anime I can think of that I felt lost for words after was Texhnolyze.

The anime that I love the most is Ping Pong: The Animation, but I was far from wordless after I finished watching it lol.
Feb 12, 2018 6:29 PM

Aug 2013
If you are talking about series that made me speechless then:
The most recent was hibike euphonium, which was like 1-2 years ago.
Yuyuyu came pretty close to it tho.
Feb 12, 2018 6:49 PM

Jul 2017
Assassination Classroom for me. I just sat therefor the longest time after having bawled out my eyes and thought to myself, is it really over?

Classroom of the Elite's ending (or at least it's current cliffhanger) made me ponder if anyone in my in real life interactions thought this way about life and thought of me as a tool.

“The essence of good deeds and evil deeds are the same.
They’re both no more than a person’s actions to make up for a defect in themselves.”

-Yashiro Gaku (Erased)
Feb 12, 2018 6:52 PM

Aug 2017
gundou musashi left me without words
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2018 6:54 PM

Mar 2017
For me, It'd be;

Eureka Seven and Your Lie in April.
Feb 12, 2018 6:57 PM
Jun 2016
I think Pandora hearts, when I finished the anime I was so curious about what happen next and start to read the manga...and the end left me without any word...
When I finished I wanted another anime/manga who had an amazing plot...but don't find anything that it interese me like PH, maybe Vanitas no carte by the same author...
Feb 12, 2018 7:08 PM
Aug 2016
The anime that made me left with no words is
Feb 12, 2018 7:16 PM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
Loved the most Dance in the Vampire bund & LOGH. An anime that made me speechless was Kemono no Souja Erin. I was amazed how original and amazing it was. Deserves a lot more attention.
KushHazeFeb 12, 2018 7:30 PM
Feb 12, 2018 7:17 PM

Feb 2013
hi no tori (2004)

i even forgot to add it to my excel list after dat ending ;-;
Feb 12, 2018 7:19 PM

Nov 2013
Any anime in my favorites, but Maison Ikkoku is the main one. It’s the best anime ever made.
Feb 12, 2018 7:47 PM

Apr 2017
For me it was Samurai Champloo, that OST still plays back in my mind
Feb 12, 2018 7:52 PM

Oct 2017
Hunter X Hunter, especially after the chimera ant arc, that op will forever be stuck with me.
Feb 12, 2018 8:00 PM

Jun 2017
There are actually three shows that have left me that way

S;G
Oregairu
FMAB

Got to see Owari S2 though .

Also , Tenkū no Shiro Rapyuta is the most beautiful Japanese animated movie I've ever seen , no other movie has affected me like this one , well , perhaps Mononoke Hime .

Feb 12, 2018 10:30 PM
Jul 2018
Back in the Day: Spirited Away

During my anime binge period: Clannad AF and A Silent Voice

Recently: Owarimonogatari S2

Barakamon didn't leave me speechless but left me wishing for another season
Feb 13, 2018 2:57 AM

Oct 2015
Ashita no Joe left me with nothing but a melancholic feeling that I have never had ever since I started anime. Glumly leaving me emotionally strung. In my over decade long watching anime, I have never felt as awe finishing Ashita no Joe.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Feb 13, 2018 3:04 AM

Feb 2016
Congintive said:

Same here.... one of my favourites

I've been waiting so long for season 2 unfortunately
Feb 13, 2018 3:05 AM

Dec 2016
I'm not emotional enough to ever feel that way about any show or movie. However, two movies that had moments which took me by surprise (emotionally) would be A Silent Voice and Garden of Words

@kuroko-Chan you?
Feb 13, 2018 3:13 AM
Aug 2016
Sonal1988 said:
I'm not emotional enough to ever feel that way about any show or movie. However, two movies that had moments which took me by surprise (emotionally) would be A Silent Voice and Garden of Words

@kuroko-Chan you?

Oh God, you asked me the impossible, and you knew that hahahaha.
Well, I loved a lot of shows and they left me with no words. They are especially the ones that made me feel weird at the end *after I finished them* and probably made me cry when I was watching them *some of them*. For example, Clannad Afterstory, Mirai Nikki, Orange, FMAB, Fairy Tail, Naruto Shippuuden, Air, Akame ga Kill, Angel Beats, Tale of Memories, Tale of Melodies, and a lot others, too many to put all of them here.
Oh my, those memories come back, and I feel so nostalgic right now and want to cry.
Feb 13, 2018 3:16 AM

Dec 2016
Kuroko-chan said:

Well, I loved a lot of shows and they left me with no words. They are especially the ones that made me feel weird at the end *after I finished them* and probably made me cry when I was watching them *some of them*. For example, Clannad Afterstory, Mirai Nikki, Orange, FMAB, Fairy Tail, Naruto Shippuuden, Air, Akame ga Kill, Angel Beats, Tale of Memories, Tale of Melodies, and a lot others, too many to put all of them here.
Oh my, those memories come back, and I feel so nostalgic right now and want to cry.

Don't cry. Tell me your top 5 fav comedies instead :p
Feb 13, 2018 3:23 AM

Jan 2017
Attack on Titan
Really gave me goosebumps to the core
Feb 13, 2018 3:26 AM

Oct 2017
Animes which made me kinda sad:
Akame ga Kill

Angel Beats!

Another

Black Bullet

Charlotte

FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Koe no katachi

Mirai Nikki

Re:zero kara hajimeru

KatsutoSakiFeb 13, 2018 3:40 AM
Feb 13, 2018 3:39 AM

Aug 2016
Those post-anime blues, that feeling of being empty after finishing a show, when all you can think about is that anime for days, even weeks after finishing that you just can't find the motivation to watch anything else, thats exactly what pushes an anime from a 9 to a 10 for me.

The most recent one being Made in Abyss. I was already in love with the anime beforehand, the visuals, and locations were perfect for an adventure series, I just wanted to see what was down in the Abyss and explore. But it was in the last few episodes, when things got a lot darker, that I just went "wow".

The rest of my 10 rated anime were the same, just something about them drew me in and wouldn't let me go, even well after the anime was over. Things like FMA:B, Steins;gate, Clannad AS all had the same effect on me.
Feb 13, 2018 3:44 AM

Jan 2017
Erased is truly my favorite anime of whole time. It's left me no words, especially the ending
Feb 13, 2018 3:50 AM
Jan 2018
Definitely a Silent Voice, the
Ending is just so perfect, I couldn't stop thinking about it all day
Feb 13, 2018 4:32 AM
Aug 2016
Sonal1988 said:
Kuroko-chan said:

Don't cry. Tell me your top 5 fav comedies instead :p

Well, Idk if I have a top 5 comedies, but I'll say that I like Himouto Umaru-chan, Watamote, Tsurezure Children, Kiss him not me and now I started watching School Babysitter and it's pretty funny. So I guess those one are my top 5, but I like another few ones, but they just don't come to mind right now.
Feb 13, 2018 7:01 AM

Jan 2018
The end of Your Lie In April just left me in a puddle of tears.
Feb 13, 2018 7:04 AM
Feb 13, 2018 7:05 AM

Nov 2017
Neon genesis Evangelion pretty much left me speechless after end of evangelion
Feb 13, 2018 7:05 AM
serendipity

Oct 2015
idk i equally love all my faves i can't just pick one

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Feb 13, 2018 9:43 AM
Dec 2017
I have a lot than just one, but i would say the one that hit the hardest as in post-anime depression/feeling empty was either Toradora(yes, i know odd choice) or AnoHana, both fucking amazing shows and they not only entertained me, they actually effected my life in positive ways, SAO, Tokyo Ghoul and Re:Zero did the same, SAO's level of hit was the strongest but it lasted the shortest
Feb 13, 2018 10:16 AM

Jul 2016
The ending of Sakura Quest from last year made me give it a standing ovation. It's not perfect but I wholly resonated with the show and what it represented.
Feb 13, 2018 10:30 AM

Dec 2017
I dunno when I really enjoyed an anime I feel either melancholic orr really excited to watch more... good anime. I can't say some left me speechless, nothing comes to mind right now but I'm sure there's been some moments I've been left speechless to..
Feb 13, 2018 3:02 PM

Apr 2016
This anime for me would definitely be shigatsu wa Kimi no uso. It's a super beautiful anime that made me cry a lot haha. I could especially relate to this anime because i play violin and piano. I'm no prodigy but I am very dedicated to these instruments and I feel that this is what made this anime so amazing for me, even people who don't play instruments could definitely feel something from this anime (obviously with it being a very popular anime).
Shadow987eMay 16, 2018 8:18 PM
Feb 13, 2018 3:17 PM
Have a nice day

Apr 2017
There have been quite a few like that, but Koe no Katachi will always be #1 in this regard. I have watched it 5 times in the last few months and it's just as amazing every time I watch it.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

123 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
2 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

self-suff-des - 32 minutes ago

12 by self-suff-des »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

34 by MasterTasuke »»
5 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 2 hours ago

3 by VeryRedBags »»
13 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

208 by PurplePants »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.