Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 14, 2018 10:38 AM

Sep 2017
Roy_Focker said:
I'm glad the show is addressing MC statement hitting a wall after reaching Ryuo (at the beginning of this show) thus working on learning new techniques to keep improving... hope he beats that horny bastard!

Quite true. I hope he gets to beat Meijin too.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Feb 14, 2018 11:02 AM

May 2015
JeremiahOrange said:
Roy_Focker said:
I'm glad the show is addressing MC statement hitting a wall after reaching Ryuo (at the beginning of this show) thus working on learning new techniques to keep improving... hope he beats that horny bastard!

Quite true. I hope he gets to beat Meijin too.
In my humble opinion I don’t know if it is possible to cover that in 12 episodes (too short for that development, maybe a second season [I hope so]) but I surely want to see that...
Feb 14, 2018 1:36 PM

Aug 2015
So... I hereby ask : Who did it better?

ebay image hosting
Feb 15, 2018 2:59 AM

Sep 2008
The OST that plays when they enter that district in Osaka is somehow very nostalgic to me. Not sure what it reminds me of but it might be some Final Fantasy OST or something.
Feb 15, 2018 10:44 AM
Mar 2016
Sora being hairless, does that mean that she shaves down there?
Feb 15, 2018 10:06 PM

Oct 2010
His personality is so inconsistent. At times he's soft af on Ai like this is some romcom fling disguised as a shogi anime, and then suddenly he goes full blown dick-mode scolding a 9 year old girl for feel bad for making her friend cry. The core principles aren't wrong but it's excessive and out of character.

Also that gay guy at the end was remarkably unsettling
Feb 16, 2018 7:25 AM
Mar 2012
Nice music everywhere, esp dat piano-shogi lounge very classy. But PLS don't smoke near kids.
Cool, learned about static vs ranging rook.
Why mc surprised after his stupid move? His promoted lance lands where 3 pieces can take it out behind a defense wall. Doesn't matter which piece does the job.
Feb 18, 2018 8:05 AM

Nov 2011
Wow! I did not imagine that the narration could be so mature in this anime series, not to mention the games of Shogi, always very interesting. The character of Natagiri disgusts me, but it can be an interesting character regarding the game of Shogi, too bad that Keika is with his back to the wall, I'm so sorry.
Feb 19, 2018 5:20 AM

Aug 2013
HowTragic said:
His personality is so inconsistent. At times he's soft af on Ai like this is some romcom fling disguised as a shogi anime, and then suddenly he goes full blown dick-mode scolding a 9 year old girl for feel bad for making her friend cry. The core principles aren't wrong but it's excessive and out of character.

Also that gay guy at the end was remarkably unsettling

He always goes strict and serious when it involves shogi (and besides it's not like he shouted or anything at her). He scolded her because blue Ai's considering going easy for her next matches against her friends and that would be disrespectful for them.
Mar 23, 2018 10:43 PM
Jul 2015
This show ventured into full-on-fetish territory this time around. There's this terribly strange dichotomy between the more serious, 1 on 1 shogi battle scenes and the silly fanservice.
Aug 9, 2018 9:21 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely episode once again, the shogi matches are damn intense if you ask me! Seems even he has a pretty solid rival.

Really looking forwards to see what will happen next.
Nov 1, 2018 3:06 AM

Jul 2016
"Ai, step on me!"

Oh my. That part was l-lewd.
Nov 24, 2020 6:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh damn the feet scene...xD I guess that he's in a bad position for his shogi match now
May 14, 2021 2:08 PM

Aug 2018
Step on me, Ai~ ;P ... I mean.. Ok.. Not like I'm against.. I personally don't like any massages, by the way.. Well, if it's not some more specific things, but that aside.. I guess, Yaichi is lucky that even all girls wanted to do that themselves in the end..
Jul 31, 2021 9:50 AM

Jun 2020
That bath scene was hilarious and Ginko is clean damn, Keika really is losing time she better catch up and did that girl who got beaten by Ginko confronted Yaichi

Who's that no eyes girl I wonder how does she look like with her hair on the sides not covering her eyes, That massage scene was very cute and wholeso- and I knew it Ginko would appear and step on Yaichi it's just a feeling now every time Yaichi does something questionable I have a hunch that Ginko will show up

Yaichi's training a lot now, I always hate it when Ai cries her sad teary face but I hope that she grows stronger in her upcoming matches poor Mio.
Jun 15, 2022 2:07 AM

Jan 2020
I think I've pretty much said all I need to say about the loli bait at this point, so I'll try and focus on other aspects of the show for the remainder of these episodes. Though, even as I type that, trying to give this show a break, they just keep at it with another bath scene and combination foot fetish. Such an incredibly unapologetic glorification of loli.

Imagine coming into this club and you see one of the strongest shogi player doing chores. Like, "Oh look, there's the Ryuo, cleaning boards and taking orders." Shouldn't a player standing at the top hold themselves with a little more decorum? I guess he's still rather young though. I suppose he's gotta do what he's gotta do to try and maintain his title and continue to learn, it's not like he's undefeated.

I actually had to look up the difference between Ryuo and Meijin, as I was thinking Kuzu was essentially the strongest shogi player in this anime. So I was comparing him to other characters with that title in other shogi anime I've seen. Only then did I really realize that other anime generally put focus on the Meijin, and this one is more focused on Ryuo.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 9, 2022 10:52 PM

Jul 2019
I like that Yaichi isn't just dominating left and right but actually needs to improve. Also the fact that personal playstyles and mind games affect the outcome. Ginko is still too violent. I wonder when she'll try to use her words to reach Yaichi, like a normal person?

You can do it, Keika-san!
Nov 2, 2023 10:43 AM

Dec 2022
I don't know much about shogi, but how did Yaichi become the "ryuo" if he loses every other match? Was it just a stroke of luck that he excelled in a specific tournament, and couldn't replicate the success following? Or perhaps he had a different frame of mind when there were real stakes to the matches?

Quadruple loli back massage was quite a sight.

Natagiri's one strange guy, with all the gay innuendo during his matches. Maybe that's part of his strategy to throw Yaichi off, come to think of it.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 16, 2023 6:56 PM

Nov 2023
Well that guy sure is a pdf file
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2018

94 by basspig »»
Feb 27, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2018

112 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2018

68 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2018

104 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2018

65 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.