Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 12, 2018 6:24 PM

Nov 2007
The_Missing_Link said:
Crazy how few people have said K-On. The manga for it sucked, but the anime was actually pretty good.

When I said most of the 4-koma adaptations, I had K-On amongst others in mind.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 12, 2018 6:26 PM

Apr 2017
shanimebib said:
The_Missing_Link said:
Crazy how few people have said K-On. The manga for it sucked, but the anime was actually pretty good.

When I said most of the 4-koma adaptations, I had K-On amongst others in mind.
Well to be fair, I was talking about there being a small number of people, not none
Feb 12, 2018 6:54 PM
Jul 2018
Hunter X Hunter (2011)
Area 88 (OVA)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
Gintama
Ghost in the Shell
Planetes
Yu Yu Hakusho
Feb 12, 2018 7:29 PM

Mar 2017
shanimebib said:
Also, some comedy anime are exceptionally better because of the amazing voice-acting (strictly Japanese).

Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun, Tsurezure Children, and Panty & Stockings with Garterbelt collectively rolled on their second season limbo graves.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Feb 12, 2018 8:51 PM
Jul 2015
ZionPulse said:
Aguuus said:
Simply the anime in general is better than the manga.
I believe Berserker would like to have a few words with you.

OT:Shinsekai Yori if y'know what I mean.

You are encouraging me to read that shit and I do not like it, I do not like manga, it's boring to see colorless images, the enjoyment is very poor, for that I read any literary work.
Feb 12, 2018 9:10 PM
Mar 2015
Many of the musical mangas I read like Beck,Fuuka, Fukemenkai Noise, Piano no Mori and Your Lie In April have pieces that are meant to be heard. Although the anime may not be better some of these it is still worth my time to listen to songs as they are sung and works as they are played. They add so much to the story which falls flat on the pages of the manga
Feb 13, 2018 1:59 AM

Oct 2015
Scarlett_ryuken said:

nigga code gayass and eva are anime originals and came b4 their manga .-. plz
Still better than the manga :satanialaugh:

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Feb 13, 2018 2:17 AM

Aug 2015
Jojo part 1-2 - manga is terrible, I enjoyed the anime much more.
Feb 13, 2018 2:33 AM
Dec 2013
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon. It's better than the manga because, firstly, the artwork in the manga looks really rough and unappealing, while in the anime, it's clean. And secondly, the chapters the anime adapts are eventful, compared to the manga, where the chapters are uneventful.

For example, there's a chapter in the manga where

But when the anime adapted that chapter of the manga, it expands on it and after
It's why I think Kobayashi-san Chi to Maid Dragon anime is better than the manga.

Another one I want to say is High School DxD, though the manga of it (like the anime) is an adaptation of the light novel (the source material). So I think the anime adaptation of the light novel is better than the manga adaptation because of 1 simple reason: the manga adaptation doesn't show the nipples of the female characters, unlike the uncensored version of the anime. For a franchise that is famous for its nudity, it feels like a joke that the manga adaptation doesn't show it.
wildhoodFeb 13, 2018 2:51 AM
Feb 13, 2018 11:10 AM

Nov 2012
wildhood said:
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon. It's better than the manga because, firstly, the artwork in the manga looks really rough and unappealing, while in the anime, it's clean. And secondly, the chapters the anime adapts are eventful, compared to the manga, where the chapters are uneventful.

But when the anime adapted that chapter of the manga, it expands on it and after
It's why I think Kobayashi-san Chi to Maid Dragon anime is better than the manga.

Another one I want to say is High School DxD, though the manga of it (like the anime) is an adaptation of the light novel (the source material). So I think the anime adaptation of the light novel is better than the manga adaptation because of 1 simple reason: the manga adaptation doesn't show the nipples of the female characters, unlike the uncensored version of the anime. For a franchise that is famous for its nudity, it feels like a joke that the manga adaptation doesn't show it.

Eh? I read a few pages of the DxD manga and they show them.
Feb 13, 2018 11:14 AM

Jan 2018
Genocyber was better than the manga.
Feb 13, 2018 11:35 AM
Dec 2013
SuperRed said:
wildhood said:

Eh? I read a few pages of the DxD manga and they show them.

I guess I must be reading the censored magazine version of it then, whilst the tankobon version is uncensored? (I've only read the first chapter, though, and Rias' hair was covering her nipples). If an uncensored version of the manga does exist, then I take back what I said.
Feb 13, 2018 11:38 AM

Nov 2016
The Death Note manga is a lot better than the anime. For instance I far prefer the manga ending.

As for anime better than its manga counterpart I have to go with K-On!
Feb 13, 2018 1:54 PM

Jun 2017
Aguuus said:
ZionPulse said:
I believe Berserker would like to have a few words with you.

OT:Shinsekai Yori if y'know what I mean.

You are encouraging me to read that shit and I do not like it, I do not like manga, it's boring to see colorless images, the enjoyment is very poor, for that I read any literary work.
oof. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
I'm a shitposter for fun
Feb 13, 2018 2:05 PM

Jul 2016
Scrapped Princess- the manga doesn't extend the story as far as the anime does.
Akame ga Kiru- Anime and manga are about the same but the anime has music and color.
Feb 13, 2018 2:12 PM

Jun 2011
Dlwuik said:
Berserk 2016 has a very good anime compared to it's poor manga.
there's a berserk manga!?
i find it hard to believe that 2D drawings can compare to the innovation of 3D art so i will have to agree
Feb 13, 2018 2:20 PM

Aug 2013
K-On was fuckloads better as anime.
Additionally every Doga Kobo's adaptation is better than manga. Yeah, New Game or Umaru are already great as manga, but they managed to make it even better.

Energetic-Nova said:
Band/Music/idol anime are pretty much ALWAYS better than the manga.

Yeah. Fuuka. Tell me more.
rsc-plFeb 13, 2018 2:25 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 13, 2018 2:22 PM

Apr 2016
D.Gray Man's anime adds more character development. D-frag's jokes are funnier when seen animated.
Feb 13, 2018 2:43 PM

Jun 2011
rsc-pl said:
K-On was fuckloads better as anime.
Additionally every Doga Kobo's adaptation is better than manga. Yeah, New Game or Umaru are already great as manga, but they managed to make it even better.

Energetic-Nova said:
Band/Music/idol anime are pretty much ALWAYS better than the manga.

Yeah. Fuuka. Tell me more.

Gravitation, though way different from the manga, is better than it. Kids on the Slope's anime adaptation is practically frame by frame.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Feb 13, 2018 6:34 PM

Sep 2017
And Naruto Shippuuden, I religiously watch the 220 episodes of filler it has.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Feb 13, 2018 6:51 PM

Nov 2014
Hunter X Hunter is an easy one, barring some story blips(like the one in the first episode) it's leagues better, just about everything is enhanced.
Feb 13, 2018 7:41 PM
Jul 2015
ZionPulse said:
Aguuus said:

oof. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

The only thing that worries me is to run into people who are directed in a certain way, as with erroneous assumptions expressed in generic phrases.
It is not mine but I try to speak formally, if it were not this place you already know in what way I would respond.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - Yesterday

5 by Nemo_Niemand »»
11 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - 56 minutes ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
14 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - Apr 22

45 by Pokitaru »»
14 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Apr 23

23 by Spunkert »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers?

Alpha_1_Zero - 5 hours ago

39 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.