Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2018 5:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well it's nice to see the guys standing united and strong together. The show reached over the half way point now so there's still opportunities for lots of more success.

I have to admit, the manager is able to keep her head strong this whole time and it takes a strong person to do that. PLEASE MUSIC!
Stark700Feb 11, 2018 7:52 AM
Feb 11, 2018 8:08 AM

Oct 2011
It's episode 8 and you know what that means...
Arina Tanemura comes into my home and attacks me

Link to her post on Twitter of this art

(Explanation: she's been drawing each character for each new episode in order of their corresponding number)

Anyway, about the episode. I knew mufes was coming and it was more depressing seeing Iori cry animated then just getting some sniffling in the game so uhhh yeah thanks for that :') Mitsuki comforting Iori is still my absolute fave, what cute brothers!

As a fan of the game there was one thing I was absolutely sure that was coming, something I knew that would be the end of me, and that is, Gaku's laugh. Yes, thank you I am in need of medical assistance. This is the literal cutest thing I have ever seen!!!

Also yes, they, they finally interact, I have been waiting, patiently.

On a more serious note (not that I don't take that seriously), I love how Gaku was the only one to remember i7's name, and the one to recommend them, and support them; even so much to get upset when they mess up their big chance. This is a really nice side to his character.

and my final note. LOL Shimooka finally makes an appearance in the anime!

Feb 11, 2018 8:32 AM
Sep 2015
When iDolish7 perform underwhelming it make the episode bad too, and since this is the worst performance it make this episode the worst ever too
Feb 11, 2018 8:33 AM
Dec 2014
boy do i hate mufes!!!!!! but, we finally got to see iori's weaker side, and we got to see a little more of serious nagi (anyone that makes fun of him after episode 8 can just. leave). and gakutsumu's fated meeting!!!
Feb 11, 2018 9:08 AM
Sep 2012
Oh man, that was so hard to watch ;~; I think my appreciation for Gaku and Nagi has increased tenfold. They were the real MVPs ♡
Feb 11, 2018 2:10 PM

Sep 2007
As I've only started playing the game two weeks ago I'm not that far into the story yet, so forgive me if I sound like a newbie, but...

... will they find out they've actually been sabotaged by Yaotome Productions? If someone goes through my bag like that I'll definitely notice. And Riku's inhaler can't just magically break apart on its own. We know that thief-kun broke it, but they have to connect the dots there, right? It doesn't directly lead to Yaotome Productions but if Riku can remember the guy or they can find him on security camera's then they could at least find out they've been sabotaged

Also, why doesn't Riku, who probably knows every hospital in the prefecture by heart, not have a back-up inhaler? Especially when he's up for a big event like this? He should have at least four or five as a performer, give one to Iori to calm his heart and one to Tsumugi just in case, have one on stand-by right next to the exit when he performs, and have the others in their back-room so somebody can always get one for him. In real life, people who are prone to attacks often carry a back-up, so either the writers for the franchise didn't think of it or they've made that one of Riku's flaws. Both scenarios aren't exactly satisfying :/

ASIDE FROM THE SERIOUS STUFF THO
I'm very sorry but I always crack up when Nagi speaks. :'D I love the boy to bits don't get me wrong, his accent just really reminds me of one of my professors who kind of has the same accent and it's just hilarious to me. ''Twerl tokkuuui. Backfrap OK. Uh. Ah. Uah. *dances awkwardly*'' there were tears in my eyes my god

Nagi is such a sweetheart for wanting to cheer everyone up though. He's just as much a mood-maker as Mikki is and I really want him to be happy. <3 And Iori's tears made me feel like the world was falling apart. Seriously that boy is too good and kind for this world ;A;
Feb 12, 2018 2:52 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Lol when Tenn walked down the hallway all of the sudden. He's rather chill, "Ah, idolish7." And he let himself be dragged away by Yamato ^^;

I agree with Riku not having a back up is a bit unbelievable though. He's had to live with this condition all his life, there's no way there hasn't already been a time where he needed a backup and didn't have one, thus by now at this age, he should already have a backup with him. You never know when you're going to run out. BUT people who don't have or doesn't know someone with asthma/respiratory attacks wouldn't really think about this, and a lot of times illnesses as a part of a character's background is well, not really researched upon either, and is there for the sake of drama (which isn't always a bad thing, it does make the team dynamic more interesting here, etc.).

This episode made me like Gaku a lot :) When I played the game, I had a lot of his SSR cards. He looks cool, but that was all I felt about him. I'm surprised he was rooting and supporting i7, he genuinely cared about their performance. Is there a reason why he cared so much though? Might've not been paying enough attention...

It was nice to see Iori make a mistake for once. I mean it was sad of course, but every problem they face can only make them stronger. A shame that they couldn't do well enough to have the whole team debut together first though. "Today Is" sounds pretty good with the whole group, but I still like "miss you" version the best.
Feb 12, 2018 4:55 AM

Oct 2010
tingy said:
Is there a reason why he cared so much though? Might've not been paying enough attention...

If you don't mind in-game spoilers,
Feb 12, 2018 6:00 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Kurai_Kogami said:
tingy said:
Is there a reason why he cared so much though? Might've not been paying enough attention...

If you don't mind in-game spoilers,

Oh yeah, I read that in Ashureechan's post (#2) XD But aside from that, I wish we saw that at least Gaku was interested in them earlier, because in this episode it just felt a bit out of nowhere. Thank you for the reply though ^^
Feb 13, 2018 8:32 AM

Oct 2011
tingy said:

Oh yeah, I read that in Ashureechan's post (#2) XD But aside from that, I wish we saw that at least Gaku was interested in them earlier, because in this episode it just felt a bit out of nowhere. Thank you for the reply though ^^

I forgot what I typed in my own post and had to go back and look lol but it's kind of hinted at that he's the one who recommends them. But there is the one scene in an earlier episode where they are playing IDOLiSH7's performance in the rain and Ryu tries to remember the group name and Gaku reminds him. So the fact he cared enough to remember their name is there. They just left it subtle, they have made a lot of things more subtle in the anime.

(As always pictures are behind spoilers so I don't clog up the forum)

I wish that side story was included, it had a lot of good content but alas, episode run time is only so long.
Feb 13, 2018 8:11 PM

Nov 2008
I HATED seeing the boys fail. :'(

That was very painful to watch!! But the important thing is not losing their spirit. Nagi got some respect from me this time. xD

@Ashureechan

I STALK that woman's twitter. xD Been her fan since 2001!!

Feb 13, 2018 8:48 PM

Oct 2011
Chiibi said:

@Ashureechan

I STALK that woman's twitter. xD Been her fan since 2001!!

I really only see the i7 stuff and I'm not following her manga, though I know Idol Dreams is licensed in English here. I don't know much about her stories but I love her art! That's one thing I'm certain of haha
Feb 13, 2018 8:53 PM

Nov 2008
Idol Dreams is fantastic. First josei manga I really really like. xD

The Idolish7 manga should get licensed soon, I would think. I wish I could find my raw copy to share pics with this forum but I'm not sure where I put that thing. (>A<) I have like 925904752 manga; drowning in it. LOL

She is my favorite artist. Nobody draws boys more appealing than Arina does, imho. xD

Feb 15, 2018 4:06 PM

Oct 2011
Chiibi said:
Idol Dreams is fantastic. First josei manga I really really like. xD

The Idolish7 manga should get licensed soon, I would think. I wish I could find my raw copy to share pics with this forum but I'm not sure where I put that thing. (>A<) I have like 925904752 manga; drowning in it. LOL

She is my favorite artist. Nobody draws boys more appealing than Arina does, imho. xD

It didn't interest me when it got licensed so I never picked it up haha my favorite Josei is Chihayafuru.

I can't see it, seeing how selective Shojo Beat can be and how The IDOLiSH7 manga is not one long series but a collection of different light novel adaptations, at least the ones drawn by Arina. The main i7 manga is a real stretch, no famous name attached to it (the person drawing it, it's their first manga, not including their one one-shot shoujo) and i7 has little to know big U.S. fandom. But it's the dream and I'll keep it alive at least haha I dunno what you can do with them and I don't have any raws either haha

For mangaka, artists wise, she is one of my favorites but I also like Haruichi Furudate's detailed take on sports manga. Also I haven't read it but the art for Vinland Saga is quite amazing (quite gory though so don't look that up if you don't like gore)
Feb 15, 2018 8:46 PM

Nov 2008
Ashureechan said:

I can't see it, seeing how selective Shojo Beat can be and how The IDOLiSH7 manga is not one long series but a collection of different light novel adaptations, at least the ones drawn by Arina.)

Eh, I don't think that will be a problem since Viz just..........pretty much publishes EVERYTHING she's written (one exception likely because of controversial content.)

I think it will depend on the popularity rising or not. But it seems like every time a manga/light novel gets an anime, its USA release comes quickly afterwards. XD

Feb 17, 2018 4:40 PM

Oct 2011
Chiibi said:

Eh, I don't think that will be a problem since Viz just..........pretty much publishes EVERYTHING she's written (one exception likely because of controversial content.)

I think it will depend on the popularity rising or not. But it seems like every time a manga/light novel gets an anime, its USA release comes quickly afterwards. XD

Her getting a lot of her manga licensed doesn't change the fact that i7 has a small U.S. fandom, not many have heard of it and all the i7 manga are spin off of main content. It would be a huge risk for Shojo Beat.

Anime doesn't really mean, licensing, Ao Haru Ride got an anime and was never licensed despite Strobe Edge being licensed. Akagami no Shirayuki-hime got an anime and no license as well. It's never for certain what will and won't get licensed. They keep licensing manga I've never even heard of, besides Takane to Hana.

This is getting off topic from IDOLiSH7 though so I'll stop now haha
Feb 19, 2018 12:34 PM

Nov 2008
Ashureechan said:
They keep licensing manga I've never even heard of, besides Takane to Hana.

I just started reading that. XD Picked it up when I bought the raws of I7 at the same time.

Feb 19, 2018 3:47 PM

Oct 2011
[quote=Chiibi message=54114475]
Ashureechan said:

I just started reading that. XD Picked it up when I bought the raws of I7 at the same time.

I'm gonna pick it up when I pre-order volume 40 of Skip Beat!
Feb 25, 2018 7:43 PM
Jul 2016
Man I couldn't deal at all, I had to keep pausing Cus it was just too intense for me
😭😭😭
Jan 25, 2019 9:11 AM

Jun 2015
man i didn't actually think they'd end up totally sucking like that, what a turn.
Apr 20, 2021 4:16 PM

Aug 2017
That performance was awkward...did someone noticed the thief from Yaotome Productions left everything in a mess? What's going to happen to Riku now?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 15, 2021 8:04 AM

Jan 2021
Dang. This episode had me on edge. This was really painful to watch. Especially since I really hate seeing the boys fail. I really hope they get it together in the next episode.
CalmTeaTimeSep 15, 2021 8:11 AM
Feb 23, 2022 4:05 AM

Feb 2020
Well, that was awkward. Poor Iori. Also, poor Megumi. She was so disappointed.

SerafosDec 21, 2023 4:03 AM

More topics from this board

» Who is your favorite? ( 1 2 )

Chiibi - Jan 14, 2018

75 by ---NovA--- »»
Apr 14, 12:31 PM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - May 19, 2018

27 by AniStrawberry »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:47 PM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2018

22 by antuUA »»
Jul 4, 2023 3:42 PM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2018

10 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Dec 21, 2022 11:22 PM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2018

18 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Dec 21, 2022 10:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.