Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 13, 2018 11:36 AM

Jan 2013
My answer is not no, but it will always be a far off dream. I'd rather work on myself first.

As for children, I would love to raise a little loli army.

me irl^
Syrup-Feb 13, 2018 11:40 AM
Feb 13, 2018 12:22 PM

Aug 2017
No I don't. As cruel as it may sound, today you may love someone, but since life is full of plot twists, tomorrow you may hate them. Yeah I know a marriage is a commitment and BOTH should always give their best to be together. However nowadays it's so easy to divorce, and divorce holds you back so hard that marriage seems like nothing but a scam.

If you really love someone, the abscense of a legal title and a piece of paper shouldn't prevent that.
Feb 13, 2018 1:22 PM

Oct 2014
Only if I can find a cute girl who has a weird fetish of liking ugly, smelly, messy, and lazyarse dude like me.

On a more serious note, I have something I want to do in life that makes love and marriage looks like minor issue.
I'll either do that first or die trying (in either case I don't think I will ever have the time for such thing such as marriage, so...)
Feb 13, 2018 4:48 PM

Aug 2007
I've never, ever entertained the idea of having kids. I've known that since I was really young. I much prefer a couple of animals to baby, hah. I have zero urge to have kids.

As for marriage... I used to think I would, but I don't know. I think my ex broke every last piece of naivete I had. I was really hell bent on proposing to him, but after I found more freedom after college and the ability to support myself, I realized how emotionally abusive him and his family was. I broke up with him and realized it was one of the hardest situations to get out of, especially with the aftermath. I think I was subconsciously trying to keep how bad he was for (almost ten) years from myself and others, and the idea I might have willfully married him is scary as shit.

I think I would need to be 100% about the business end of things. If I did, it would also have to be a courthouse arrangement because a) I would not wear a white wedding dress as people "expect" or any type of dress for that matter b) I would hate being a center of attention c) I really wouldn't want to spend money on it unless my significant other was making exorbitant amounts of money. I make okay money but??? I don't want to spend it on a wedding to please others, I suppose.

I think my goal is to live successfully with someone more than anything. As much as I can be independent and take care of myself, I realize relying on someone you really trust helps you get through life. That being said, my current bf's dad asked me if we were going to get engaged and I'm currently very UHHHHH about it because it's only been six months and I'm still deciding if living with him one day is a good idea or not. We get along famously but idk. He's younger than me and still growing in ways that would be hard to judge right now.
LycanFeb 13, 2018 5:28 PM

Feb 13, 2018 4:51 PM

Apr 2010
Not looking for marriage, though, I can be persuaded, but I'm polyamorous as of now.
Not having kids coming out me. May adopt but unlikely.
[Catchy, cool, insightful quote]
Feb 13, 2018 5:18 PM

Jan 2011
No, I'd like to think of myself as a being who has transcended life itself.
Feb 13, 2018 6:42 PM
Jul 2018
Ardanaz said:

Sorry to hear that. I wish you the absolute best! Keep your chin up :)

I'm mostly okay now but thank you for your concern. It's still pretty hard constantly thinking about what could have been and almost was, but there's nothing I can do about it now. Just have to keep pushing forward. I don't think I will ever truly be able to get over that miscarriage though because she was that fucking close to actually giving birth. It was within a few days of her due date. I was totally ready to be a father and it fucking failed.
Feb 13, 2018 6:48 PM

Jan 2015
Marriage? Definitely! I don't want kids, but I'd consider it if my partner does.
Feb 13, 2018 6:57 PM

Nov 2014
a big No to both, especially children, i despise kids.
Feb 13, 2018 7:24 PM

Nov 2008
The better question is, who would have me?

Feb 13, 2018 7:40 PM

Mar 2016
No, the thought of having to live with some one for the rest of your life unless divorce stresses me out.
Feb 13, 2018 7:51 PM

Jun 2008
Never say never, so I won't...

BUT, I will say....Highly Unlikely!

I just don't see the point.

Even if you do find someone you truly want to be with for "the rest of your life"....you don't have to get married.

Feb 13, 2018 8:25 PM
Jul 2016
Absolutely.

Encountering a woman with a radiant soul similar to mine, falling in reciprocated love with her, spending the rest of our lives weaving art together: taken together, that whole package is one of my two main goals in life. In my eyes, such romance is one of the few pure forms of beauty. Although there are one or two things that equal its magnificence, none surpass it.

However, in order to attain that, I need to meet the proper woman. I'm still working on that part, but I'm confident I'll get there eventually with the proper effort and attitude.

And, no, cynics, I'm not under some delusion that marriage is a dreamy cakewalk. I'm aware that it's a hard road filled with hardships, pain, inevitable fights, and so forth. However, I don't care. I'm willing to endure all of that for the sake of bringing joy to the eventual heroine of my life's story.
Important Note: I no longer - in any way, shape, or form - consider myself a moral nihilist (even in my old, convoluted definition of the term). I very much do believe there is such a thing as objective good and evil. In addition, I apologize for any of the posts I've made that are rude, aggressive, or otherwise unbecoming.

I've always striven to walk a path befitting a follower of Christ, and now recognize some of my old comments here as misguided if not outright wrong. If you happen upon them, pray do not let them darken your view of the God I serve. He is kind, even if I, at times, have not been.
Feb 13, 2018 10:33 PM

Aug 2014
PureBlueSF said:
Ardanaz said:

Sorry to hear that. I wish you the absolute best! Keep your chin up :)

I'm mostly okay now but thank you for your concern. It's still pretty hard constantly thinking about what could have been and almost was, but there's nothing I can do about it now. Just have to keep pushing forward. I don't think I will ever truly be able to get over that miscarriage though because she was that fucking close to actually giving birth. It was within a few days of her due date. I was totally ready to be a father and it fucking failed.

I can't even imagine how horrible that would be. If you ever need someone to talk to, my inbox is open ^^
Feb 14, 2018 12:00 AM

Sep 2012
Nope, the idea of a life long partner is appealing but I don't really dig celebrations. Hm, if I do I think it will probably be in my 40's
Feb 14, 2018 7:28 PM

Mar 2015
Marriage is risky, but if I found the perfect somebody then sure.
Feb 16, 2018 1:10 PM

Sep 2016
Only if i can find a person who i can tolerate or who can understand me and vice versa..
And i am still skeptical about children but i am not completely opposed to the idea of having em.
Feb 16, 2018 1:43 PM

Feb 2017
Yes, but only to a Korean girl. We'll have one boy and one girl, and I'll be rich and successful.

Feb 16, 2018 1:58 PM

Oct 2014
Yes to both questions, I enjoy the thought of being a father and teaching my children everything l've learned from my father and mother, and hopefully get to pass on my first name which is same for all first sons on my paternal side. It would make them the 5th ahaha!
Feb 16, 2018 2:01 PM

Oct 2014
Tenma said:
Yes, but only to a Korean girl. We'll have one boy and one girl, and I'll be rich and successful.
hahaha why only a Korean Girl ? Can't it be an asian from another country ?
Feb 16, 2018 2:03 PM

Feb 2017
phantom323 said:
Tenma said:

No no no. You see, firstly, I only have Rosetta Stone for Korean. Beyond that, I love the culture specific to Korea, and the unique physical traits they have just do it for me.

Feb 16, 2018 2:12 PM

Oct 2014
Tenma said:
phantom323 said:

No no no. You see, firstly, I only have Rosetta Stone for Korean. Beyond that, I love the culture specific to Korea, and the unique physical traits they have just do it for me.
hahaha yes I see, although Im more partial to asians, I really enjoy all the cultures from the everywhere so as long as they are pretty to me haha. Although Korean girls are quite cute !
Feb 16, 2018 2:13 PM

Oct 2014
--ALEX-- said:
Never say never, so I won't...

BUT, I will say....Highly Unlikely!

I just don't see the point.

Even if you do find someone you truly want to be with for "the rest of your life"....you don't have to get married.

thats the thing marriage is more to be recognized by the gov... really more legal work than about love haha.
Feb 16, 2018 3:56 PM

Jul 2014
Tenma said:
phantom323 said:

Might as well traffic a Korean girl to satisfy your lust for youth and sex.
Feb 16, 2018 4:06 PM

Oct 2012
Perhaps someday, but honestly I have so many things going on with myself that I'd feel bad about subjecting even half of that onto someone else. I don't think I'm incapable of finding someone if I truely desired it, but honestly Its not something I really feel like doing right now. There are a lot of things I need to consider about myself before I even look outwards.
Feb 16, 2018 4:09 PM

Oct 2010
when I find my better half, but for kids, only when we would be at that place in life where everything is working, secured and planned
“If you believe it to be a sea of bitterness, then a sea of bitterness it is. If you believe it to simply be scenery on the path of life, then scenery it is…. The sea of bitterness never ends, but the scenery does."
-Meng Hao
Feb 16, 2018 4:55 PM

Feb 2017
Claire said:
Tenma said:

Might as well traffic a Korean girl to satisfy your lust for youth and sex.

Having a preference isn't all about lust you know, the same way people can prefer sour to sweet.

EDIT: In case it wasn't readily apparent, I was being slightly facetious in my insistence on the person being Korean. On that note, however, that isn't a half bad idea...

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » In the future there will be battles for love between species from other planets(theory)

Absurdo_N - 9 hours ago

9 by _Nette_ »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » If we eat the mermaid's tail, is it cannibalism or is it fish meat?

Absurdo_N - 10 hours ago

25 by Dracowyn »»
24 minutes ago

» I'm a coomer, but the important question is...

LenRea - 43 minutes ago

0 by LenRea »»
43 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 2 hours ago

6 by MeanMrMusician »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

674 by Hitagi__Furude »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.