Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 10, 2018 4:23 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Impressive. Goku vs Jiren's rematch got intense as it could get. Unfortunately, it feels like he's still ahead of him. Gotta love 17 making his move though. He's no match against Jiren but he tries.

Interesting to see Jiren's past this episode!

I love 17's courage this episode. Even against someone like Jiren, he's not backing off.
Feb 10, 2018 4:33 PM

Jan 2009
oh wow Android 17 blow himself up to give recovery time for Goku and Vegeta

the backstory of Jiren is not that as complex as i expected, all his love ones died and that made him realize that strength is all that matters
Feb 10, 2018 5:51 PM

Apr 2014
I love Jiren backstory even though it is simple. However, Android 17 literally gave out his life to protect his comrades. Both got my heart. But Android 17 having to sacrifice himself for his comrades was a big blast. When I see characters or even people do that for their friends or allies. That is something to respect. As not a lot really does that.
Feb 10, 2018 5:56 PM

Apr 2014
wow looking back at this whole arc till now 17 honestly did the most out of everyone

with that said looks like next ep vegeta is gonna get knocked out leaving this to goku surprising no one lol but looking forward to see how they end thing thoough im guessing he'll bring out some mastered ultra instinct plus something extra but we'll see
"one step at a time"
Feb 10, 2018 6:18 PM

Jul 2015
Tbh I felt nothing with Jiren's back story. They were too late showing us this so I totally don't care for it at this point. Maybe if they'd shown us this earlier. 17 MVP of this whole arc. Let's hope they revive him with the db
Feb 10, 2018 6:26 PM

Nov 2016
Wow, I just love 17,what a guy. Even without this episode it wouldn't be too far stretched to call him U7s most reliable member,but his sacrifice left me speechless,truly the MVP.Respect.

Great episode overall and not just for 17,the fighting was pretty entertaining and Frieza surprised with his attack,was expecting him to stay in the backround till the end.

Only part I wasn't specially fond of was the reveal of Jirens past,most boring story ever,hope the manga is going to do a bit more with that. Also dunno why Belmod thinks it's the right time to tell some stories when there are only 3-4min left and U7 has still 4 fighters in the race.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 10, 2018 6:35 PM

Apr 2016
Android 17, you're the man bro.
The most reliable person of U7. He did his best for the team till the very end.
Lmao, my boy Frieza is super pissed xD.
Feb 10, 2018 6:36 PM
Jun 2016
hehe part of me wonders if it will be freiza that wins, goes all god of destruction himself heh, he must have some final role in it all or why else do they keep from him being knocked out.
Feb 10, 2018 6:38 PM

May 2015
Jiren past was sad AF!

At this point I seriously don’t see universe 7 winning...
Feb 10, 2018 6:44 PM

Feb 2017
I'm surprised that they're just giving Jiren a flashback now. I can't be the only one that dislikes how 17 went out. Also judging from the next episode title, I'm assuming Vegeta is going to be eliminated.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Feb 10, 2018 6:57 PM

Aug 2013
People say Goku's stamina problem is BS but Vegeta's is even worse. He got beaten by Jiren endless times, randomly pulled out a new form then able to freely transform without apparent drawbacks, used his "finishing move" Final Flash twice, used "self destruct" that supposedly drained all his stamina. Then after all that, he was able to transform back to the new blue form immediately, then get beaten yet again by Jiren all within like 3 minutes. And yet, he is in better shape than Goku at the end of the episode.

I accept the fact that Goku and Vegeta was able to get hundred times stronger in the tournament since they are saiyan, but for 17 to even be able to do anything against Jiren is absurd.

"That's enough out of you, Belmod" without any honorifics lol Jiren pays no respect to even his God of Destruction.

17 went out like a champ. He got much more shine than characters like Freiza and Gohan for a character with literally no buildup.

I can't believe I am actually feeling bad for Freiza lol

Overall, the episode was okay. Jiren is absolutely OP.
UImoetardFeb 10, 2018 7:29 PM
Feb 10, 2018 7:07 PM

Sep 2017
This episode was great. Frieza came out of nowhere but at least he tried.
No. 17 is awesome. My man.
Vegito possibility is shrinking.....
Feb 10, 2018 7:27 PM

Oct 2017
RiP Android 17. MVP in the tournament imo. He’ll probably be wished back to life at the end of the tournament.

Jiren backstory is cliche asf.
Feb 10, 2018 7:35 PM

Jan 2016
Hmm Jiren's past is sad yeah, specially considering his universe doesn't seem to have knowledge of Dragon Balls so death cannot be avoided. But still, showing that flashback this late... Sort of a bad move from the script imo xD

And man, Android 17... He was the true MVP of the tournament, standing as one of the best characters of the whole show.
THANKS SENPIEX
Feb 10, 2018 7:58 PM
Feb 2018
I'm tired of this. The ultra Katchin supposed to be more resistant than any material in universes is far less resistant than... clothes??!!?!
They never bleed, they never faint (or 3 minutes max), they never get out of stamina. None of them could harm Jiren (even by surprise) and N°17 can. Golden frieza can not resist Jiren but N°17 can. Come on this is ridiculous...
The story of Jiren is even more superficial than Justin Bieber's one.
At least one thing sounds like Dragon ball (finally because with Vegeta I was so frustrated before..) ONE OF THEM HOPEFULLY DIED!!! N° 17 is definitively the most interesting character of this bull****arc.
Goku didn't use kaioken for minutes as they were fighting together. Vegeta recovered from a suicide in 1 second!!! This is nonsense.
Animation was pretty good but that cannot reduce what's going wrong!
Feb 10, 2018 8:26 PM

Oct 2016
Aurkar said:
I'm tired of this. The ultra Katchin supposed to be more resistant than any material in universes is far less resistant than... clothes??!!?!
They never bleed, they never faint (or 3 minutes max), they never get out of stamina. None of them could harm Jiren (even by surprise) and N°17 can. Golden frieza can not resist Jiren but N°17 can. Come on this is ridiculous...
At least one thing sounds like Dragon ball (finally because with Vegeta I was so frustrated before..) ONE OF THEM HOPEFULLY DIED!!! N° 17 is definitively the most interesting character of this bull****arc.
Goku didn't use kaioken for minutes as they were fighting together. Vegeta recovered from a suicide in 1 second!!! This is nonsense.

Vegeta is way stronger now so maybe he knew he wasnt going to die with all that God Power he has.
The blood is mostly because they censor it I remember.
The Ultra Katchin can easily be broken by Goku, Vegeta, Jiren and Freeza, I guess the Clothes thing is a good point but sometimes these clothes are specially made from beings like Whis. And Vegeta didnt recover, hes just so strong now that he can keep going.

But just relax and enjoy, whats the point of getting triggered over small things like blood.
Feb 10, 2018 8:34 PM

Jan 2010
Aurkar said:

Nº 17 can't be traced by Ki sensing, so I think that's why he was able to hurt Jiren while catching him off-guard. Also, he survived for so long because he has infinite stamina. Nevertheless, the producers of the anime have given nº 17 such a ridiculous buffing ...

[EDIT] Overall, I agree with you that this arc lacks a lot of substance (and I'm not talking about the absence of blood).
BDLFeb 10, 2018 8:43 PM
Feb 10, 2018 8:57 PM
Apr 2011
The real question is... did Jiren defeat the evil-doer?
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Feb 10, 2018 9:00 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Wow they actually killed off Android 17. He did amazing, can't ask for more as he did a lot in the tournament than expected. Kudos to him for not backing down even if he knew the disadvantage they are in.
I thought they removed the bombs from the Androids way back in the Cell saga.
The flashback was interesting, it reminded me of the Goku Black arc. If only they had done that a bit earlier, maybe removed those meaningless episodes like the Potafu arc, it would have been at least a few more episodes of build up.

Jiren should really make sure Frieza is knocked out, that's twice already that Frieza has been sparred from elimination. It'll probably come back to haunt Jiren.
Those coordinated attacks were pretty good, that finger flick ki blast that gave an opening for Goku and Vegeta was quite impressive.

Overall I don't see how U7 can win, even if Goku goes UI. But well nonetheless the episode was amazing. Probably my favorite 17 episode, it showed his perseverance and determination.

Feb 10, 2018 9:01 PM
Dec 2014
Jiren backstory is the most generic backstory I ever saw.
Feb 10, 2018 9:15 PM

Jan 2018
That was one hell of an episode.

Amazing fight and man 17 is really something. Jiren past is surprising. Looks like it will be up to goku and vegeta to beat Jiren!!
Feb 10, 2018 9:46 PM

Nov 2011
Android 17 literally fight on the same level as Super Saiyan God. He have become way more powerful than some people may have not realized. He even went with out a bang. Considering your universe get erased if you lose, its almost surprising that no one thought of suicide attack until now.

Jiren's backstory may have been the most cliche backstory I ever hear. Didn't make me care about him at all.

Feb 10, 2018 9:50 PM

Sep 2015
I don't think 17 even dead he can saved by Frieza because clearly Frieza don't die or ring out from Jiren's attack.
Into the Internet!
Feb 10, 2018 10:04 PM
Sep 2017
that backstory of jiren was unexpected for me.
Feb 10, 2018 10:09 PM

May 2017
Definitely, No. 17 is the MVP in this tournament.
Feb 10, 2018 10:30 PM
Jul 2017
With only 4 episodes to go I dont feel like DB Super was a good anime.

Sadly enough, Jiren "The ultimate enemy", was plain and boring.
His past doesnt match his character.

But is dragon ball at the end of the end
So whatever, amigzing episode
Feb 10, 2018 10:43 PM
Jun 2017
Universe 7 lost its MVP in the most epic blast. Though 17 will probably be revived alongside everyone else by the super dragon balls his sacrifice is still heartwarming. Hopefully we'll see Gogeta/Vegito/Ultra Instinct Goku.
Feb 10, 2018 10:48 PM
Jan 2015
These last few episodes have really been something, this high intensity and fast paced action is what DB is all about. We'll miss ya 17, one of the MVPs this arc for sure.
My Queens

Feb 10, 2018 10:50 PM

Oct 2017
Wow 17 died. Way to strike me In the feels. I'm glad to see that Jiren has some character. Didn't really expect that. Nice episode.

-Mahesvara said:
These last few episodes have really been something, this high intensity and fast paced action is what DB is all about. We'll miss ya 17, one of the MVPs this arc for sure.
Yeah it has been extremely intense. Idk what Goku and Vegeta are gonna do. And Frieza is just getting thrown around XD

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
AlfyanFeb 11, 2018 4:53 AM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 10, 2018 11:04 PM
Jan 2015
OtakuIriamu said:
-Mahesvara said:
Yeah it has been extremely intense. Idk what Goku and Vegeta are gonna do. And Frieza is just getting thrown around XD
I could see fusion being a possibility, because as they are right now and even if Goku does go Ultra Instinct again, they don't stand a chance otherwise.
My Queens

Feb 10, 2018 11:41 PM
Jul 2017
Freeza is fighting for pride as well. But he seems to be useless compared to 17.
The signature was removed as it was too awesome for mortals to live through.It has already destroyed 35 super computers . We have to make sure it is not used for serial killings and mass-murders.Please don't use words that can kill the mortals by it's awesomeness.
Feb 10, 2018 11:42 PM
Jan 2010
Jiren's backstory is so goddamn unnatural, comes out of nowhere and is explained in less than a minute
goku and vegeta should've sacrificed themselves for 17 instead since all they can ever do is cry in their little pits like they're yamcha and lose all their strength after which in the next episode they fully power up again only to end up in pits again

Also don't even get me started on frieza, all I can do is cringe and not watch the screen when he's on
Feb 10, 2018 11:45 PM

Feb 2015
And as this arc and the show as a whole draws closer to its end, it all crumbles apart.

Vegeta up and back in his new form, mere seconds after using up all his energy on the final explosion from last episode. And then at it again in the next episode, going by the preview footage.
Android 17 fighting on equal footing against Jiren alongside Goku and Vegeta, and putting up a better fight against him than Frieza. Him being the first one in the entire tournament to actually hurt Jiren. (also, inb4 Android 17 hid himself between the rubble instead of self-destructing)
Jiren's power-up making no difference whatsoever. He doesn't appear to be any stronger than he was before he powered up to his maximum power.

I'll give a point for a decently action-packed episode, and finally revealing some of Jiren's backstory, but it's hard to enjoy these last episodes before Super is ending, with how badly written these episodes are.
Feb 10, 2018 11:49 PM

Jul 2014
Milennin said:
And as this arc and the show as a whole draws closer to its end, it all crumbles apart.

This was such a dull, uninspired episode. At this point, DBS is just dragging itself to the finish line. And what's more, I'm pissed how they just decided to end 17's life just like that. Best warrior in the tournament without a doubt. But it all felt too heroic and meh. Fuck you, Super.
Feb 11, 2018 12:01 AM
Mar 2011
There is one thing I don't get at all.. why doesn't Goku and Vegeta do fusion dance and fuse vs Jiren? Wouldnt they be more powerfull than him, since they can already fight vs him 1v1?
Feb 11, 2018 12:21 AM
Dec 2017
Gotta admit no.17 is the real mvp after what he has done for others.However,next weeks gonna be the episode of vegeta fans i hope they give a prideful end to the prince.
Feb 11, 2018 12:46 AM
Feb 2009
Even if power level does not make any sense, C-17 is the boss.
Feb 11, 2018 12:55 AM

Sep 2014
Meh, Jiren's past was quite generic but well I cannot expect much from Dragon Ball for that part. Well RIP No. 17. I hated how much overexposure and buffs he got compared to other characters but he certainly didn't deserve to die. Ok episode I guess.
Feb 11, 2018 1:02 AM

Jul 2014
Jien still lame as f*ck

#17 the MVP of this arc MAJOR RESPECT
Feb 11, 2018 1:14 AM

May 2016
That felt different than normal DBS episodes.
Frieza's kick came out of nowhere lmao like a crazy girl fight.

What a lame past for Jiren not that I expect better from DBS.
17 your sacrifice shall be remembered.
Feb 11, 2018 1:15 AM

Sep 2014
They had the chance to make Gohan cool again, but they chose to make C17 the MVP of this arc.

So when will Ultra Instinct be back? Maybe Vegeta will get it too? If Goku isnt using it anyway..

PS: So MAL set the ep counter to 131. I cant say Super was always enjoyable but overall it will be missed. Sloppy writing and zero connections between the arcs, but it still was Dragonball. (if not Z, it atleast had some original DB vibes to it)

PPS: Totally forgot Frieza was still there. And I forgot it while writing the comment again. GG Frieza, GG. Time to get gud.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 11, 2018 1:36 AM

Apr 2014
Jiren's teacher sacrificed himself like Piccolo did when he protected Gohan. As for #17's sacrifice, regular Shenron couldn't bring back artificial lifeforms, so I hope that Super Shenron will be able to bring him back.
Feb 11, 2018 1:59 AM
Oct 2017
ChloeVonEinzbern said:
As for #17's sacrifice, regular Shenron couldn't bring back artificial lifeforms, so I hope that Super Shenron will be able to bring him back.

How do you think 17 was brought back the last time? He's a modified human, not a 100% artificial machine like 16. So regular Shenron can bring him back.
Feb 11, 2018 2:07 AM
May 2012
Comander-07 said:
They had the chance to make Gohan cool again, but they chose to make C17 the MVP of this arc.

So when will Ultra Instinct be back? Maybe Vegeta will get it too? If Goku isnt using it anyway..

PS: So MAL set the ep counter to 131. I cant say Super was always enjoyable but overall it will be missed. Sloppy writing and zero connections between the arcs, but it still was Dragonball. (if not Z, it atleast had some original DB vibes to it)

PPS: Totally forgot Frieza was still there. And I forgot it while writing the comment again. GG Frieza, GG. Time to get gud.

like PV says....vegeta falls....so yeah, Goku vs JIren last battle and I guess UI will be back again in mastered form this time...
Feb 11, 2018 2:10 AM
Oct 2015
To be honest, I couldn't anticipate the 'death' of Android 17, but I reckon he'll be revived by the super Shenron after the tournament of power ends.
Heckle was here...
Feb 11, 2018 2:21 AM

Feb 2008
So basically, Jiren is DB's version of Toguro?
And it sucks 17 is gone (till further notice), the guy became my favorite character of this arc.
Feb 11, 2018 2:36 AM

Aug 2014
Jiren's past sounds...underwhelming. Oh well, RiP 17, easily the best contestant in the ToP and probably the most useful. Next episode seems to hint at Vegeta going out, so I guess there goes the Vegito/Gogeta fusion potential aswell meaning it will boil down to UI Goku vs Jiren...and Frieza probably sneaking in somehow.
Feb 11, 2018 2:49 AM
Feb 2018
Maitoz said:
Aurkar said:

Vegeta is way stronger now so maybe he knew he wasnt going to die with all that God Power he has.
The blood is mostly because they censor it I remember.
The Ultra Katchin can easily be broken by Goku, Vegeta, Jiren and Freeza, I guess the Clothes thing is a good point but sometimes these clothes are specially made from beings like Whis. And Vegeta didnt recover, hes just so strong now that he can keep going.

But just relax and enjoy, whats the point of getting triggered over small things like blood.
BDL said:
Aurkar said:

Nº 17 can't be traced by Ki sensing, so I think that's why he was able to hurt Jiren while catching him off-guard. Also, he survived for so long because he has infinite stamina. Nevertheless, the producers of the anime have given nº 17 such a ridiculous buffing ...

[EDIT] Overall, I agree with you that this arc lacks a lot of substance (and I'm not talking about the absence of blood).

The problem with all these details is that it feels very hard to sense any urge of saving the universe. They never seem to be tired so why worry? What made DBZ so special is the fact that they had to go to some extreme limits just to have a chance to blow a single powerful kikoho to a tremendously powerful opponent that always find ways to escape all plans. In DBS i never felt any real danger except in Zamasu arc.

Two other things :
Before first appearance of ultra instinct it was simply impossible to hit Jiren and after he released his full power everybody can???

And second one, gods of destruction have an energy far more powerful and invincible than goku and vegeta. Before this arc it's clear that only Frieza could seize it, but now Vegeta relativly easily beat Toppo's power. I can assume that Toppo is only Akaishin Apprentice but at the end he seems pretty weak.

This lacks of coherence does count a lot becuase it's simply not... epic. If Vegeta really is that strong then we shouldn't have to worry.

If the background of the precedent stories of DB and DBZ didn't exist and that all started with DBS I really think that DBS will only be an average anime. That's what makes me sad. I'm not raging at all but am deceived and disappointed.
Feb 11, 2018 3:04 AM

Jan 2013
So they killed the best character off... Lets just hope he gets revived somehow... this is too much
Feb 11, 2018 3:11 AM

Jan 2016
Android 17 stood up against Jiren, while Frieza got fucked over, lmao
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.