Feb 10, 2018 11:11 PM
Sep 2015
they are either annoying as fuck or their yuno gasai level dope
Feb 10, 2018 11:14 PM

Feb 2018
I hate violence & abusive action in love, so big non non :o
Feb 11, 2018 12:58 AM
Dec 2013
I don't really care for them, but I don't care for unreasonably violent/abusive, hot-headed female characters with harsh personalities in general. Some of my most hated female characters aren't even tsundere, though. I usually hate tsunderes, but there are exceptions, like Mine from Akame ga Kill, who I find cool and amusing.
Feb 11, 2018 1:08 AM
Jul 2018
The idea of a tsundere is actually great--a character starting off cold but warming up over time can lead to fantastic character development.

Rin from Fate/Stay Night being an example of a great tsundere, as it actually adds to her background, as someone who's a little insecure of herself, because she's played the, "perfect girl" role for so long.

The problem is 95% of tsunderes are abusive bitches.
Attacking somebody because you're, "shy" is not okay, and is in fact, abnormal. Normal shy people simply keep to themselves, or put on a little facade, to hide their insecurities.
They DO NOT commit physical assault, for the most ridiculous reasons, like somebody accidentally seeing them naked or falling on them, and they rarely scream, constantly.

Haven't seen Toradora, but Asuka is an amazing character, even if I hate her...which I think is the point. There's not only a perfectly logical explanation for why she behaves the way she does, but also a unique reasoning behind it.
Feb 11, 2018 1:22 AM

Jan 2017
If they have good reason for acting tsundere-like in front of MC then i dont mind. For example Yusa Emi from Hataraku Maou Sama. Otherwise they are annoying.
Feb 11, 2018 1:32 AM

Jul 2015
@Lasroha
yep i know
still i hate her personality

@hazarddex
so just because someone make fun of your height you have the right to punch him? lol

i'm a short person and some people make fun of my height
i ignore them , i may get mad but i don't show it

Taiga is nothing more than an abusive piece of shit
she have a disgusting personality
tragedydesuFeb 11, 2018 2:14 AM
Feb 11, 2018 1:36 AM

May 2010
They are okay and can even be quite lovable, as long as they are not 90% abuse (verbal or physical), and 10% kind/sweet (like Kirino from OreImo).

When the proportions are more even, and especially when tsundere heroine is often used for comedic purposes (like Chihaya from Rewrite) I can enjoy them, even really like them.
Also, male tsunderes are awesome as well, mainly because they never hit the heroine, and while they may act like they don't care for MC, when their real emotions get through - hnnng, so hot!
Feb 11, 2018 1:38 AM

Jun 2009
It depends on the tsundere. I dislike the ones that get physically violent out of nowhere.

There are some tsunderes that I like not because they're tsunderes, but despite of it. I like tsunderes like Misaka Mikoto, who is much more than a stereotypical tsundere. She's also a role model, a tomboy, has a strong sense of justice, protects the weak, plays the violin, likes cute, childlish things but she's ashamed to admit it etc. And she doesn't get physically violent with Touma (the Index MC) a lot. She actually challenges him to a fight. Which is much better than just punching him of nowhere, like other tsunderes do *ahem* Taiga *ahem*.

There are some tsunderes that I can kinda understand that they're pretty screwed up because of their past, like Asuka. Those who have seen Evangelion, know what I'm talking about.
But the ones that are bitches just because, and have no real reason to be that way are annoying. There are a few exceptions, like Misaka.

Toosaka Rin is a pretty good character because she's intelligent, arrogant and powerful. So I kinda forgive her tsundere side, like I did with Misaka, because of her other qualities.

There's also Aoba Tsukishima from Cross Game, who is fine, she's isn't ridiculously violent like a lot of other tsunderes. She's more chill. And her tsundere side is more subtle.

A tsundere I actually enjoy her tsun side is Misaki from Kaichou wa Maid-sama. She isn't as violent and she's really cute when she gets teased. I like seeing that lol.

There are also a few tsundere guys I like: Kyou Souma from Fruits Basket, Takafumi Yokozawa from Sekaiichi Hatsukoi, Shinichi Chiaki from Nodame Cantabile and Shaoran Li from Cardcaptor Sakura.
Feb 11, 2018 1:45 AM

Oct 2017
I don't think tsunderes are that bad if we're talking about it in an analytical manner. They have the potential to be an entertaining character but from what I've heard, the fact that most tsunderes are the same, old generic character types from other anime made it one of the most hated dere types out there. It's probably due to the fact that thousands of anime have been made (laziness/lack of creativity too) so it's harder to make a unique tsundere.

Generally, I like tsunderes. Yeah, they can be irritating and annoying at times but their raw personality is what makes them appealing to me. I like how they are shy around their crush, how they blush, how they are flustered, their continual development to their warmer side, and even some of their abusive nature. I read an article that states when a tsundere grows to care more about other characters, it feels rewarding and satisfying. I agree with that statement with also the addition of them being entertaining due to the things I've mentioned above.
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List
Feb 11, 2018 3:32 AM

Feb 2010
tragedydesu said:
@Lasroha
yep i know
still i hate her personality

@hazarddex
so just because someone make fun of your height you have the right to punch him? lol

i'm a short person and some people make fun of my height
i ignore them , i may get mad but i don't show it

Taiga is nothing more than an abusive piece of shit
she have a disgusting personality

you literaly only watched 3 episodes of Toradora.

maybe i should call rem
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 11, 2018 3:45 AM

Jul 2015
@hazarddex

about toradora , there is no point of watching a romance anime where the female lead is a walking cancer
tragedydesuFeb 11, 2018 3:55 AM
Feb 11, 2018 3:51 AM

Feb 2010
tragedydesu said:
@hazarddex
ok first of all you might want to use spoiler tags or we might end up facing the almighty wraith of the moderators. and no BS I'm not buying your hypocritical nonsense.

Taiga has just as good reason to be angry as Rem does and at lest she doesn't resort to

Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 11, 2018 3:54 AM

Jul 2015
@hazarddex
you are comparing characters in a fantasy world with characters in our world

i'm not going to change my opinion about taiga
stop wasting your time

Feb 11, 2018 4:01 AM

Feb 2010
tragedydesu said:
@hazarddex

stop wasting your time

both are characters form fictions and nether are from our world.
i am just saying your a hypocrite.

Feb 11, 2018 4:27 AM

Oct 2013
@hazarddex They are both fiction indeed but one is fantasy and one is slice of life so its not really the same. Rem has a different cultural background and world view than Taiga who lives the average life style with a modern Japanese cultural background
But yes Id agree her killing Subaru is overreacting and sloppy too honestly. If you think an enemy is infiltrating your household you don't just kill them. You capture them and torture them for information and then kill them
Feb 11, 2018 4:34 AM

Dec 2016
Two ways:

Either you find them cute or find em dumb and annoying
Women of my dreams I don't sleep so I can't find her

Feb 11, 2018 4:51 AM

Sep 2017
Okay, so it just so happened this turned into an argument on whether Taiga is a tsundere or not. She is a tsundere. Stop trying to defend your shitty waifu. Goodbye.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Feb 11, 2018 5:00 AM
Dec 2017
As a wise man once said: “Tsunderes are not misunderstood. They are just bitches”. Lol actually I like some tsunderes
Feb 11, 2018 7:16 AM
Jul 2018
I like tsundere characters. They may seem annoying at times but I think they are quite lovable too.
Feb 11, 2018 8:33 AM

Jan 2018
I like tsunderes, they're one of my favourite ones.

Feb 11, 2018 9:34 AM

Apr 2017
I dislike some of them but that doesn't mean they're bad, my best girl is a tsundere after all.
I fucking loathe asuka tho
Dlwuik said:
I don't like tsunderes. My least favorite ones are Asuka from NGE and Taiga from Toradora. What is your opinion on them?

another man of culture

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Feb 11, 2018 9:52 AM

Jul 2015
DepravedMagi said:
@tragedydesu
I suggest that you don't watch shakugan no shana if you don't like tsunderes

yep don't worry
i have a "blacklist" full of anime with tsundere female lead :')
Feb 11, 2018 10:13 AM

Sep 2017
oh yeah, i might as well mention this, guy tsunderes seem to be more tolerable than female ones.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Feb 11, 2018 10:20 AM
Teto

Sep 2017
I don't relally like Tsunderes that much.

4WARE said:
I love tsunderes, they are the best girls in my opinion.

Why do you like tsunderes that much.
Feb 11, 2018 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
I dont really have a opinion on them really i dont really care that much about them but some people like them and some dont
Feb 11, 2018 10:26 AM

Jul 2017
I like tsunderes only if they change their ways later in the series. Like Tagia she starts off annoying but then she becomes not annoying later in the series.
Feb 11, 2018 10:29 AM
May 2017
Their mixed for me, I have found some I really like and I have found some that are so annoying.
Feb 11, 2018 10:30 AM

Dec 2016
I like them because they're one of those things that only have charm because they're in an anime. It's like how people enjoy certain tropes even if they would be ridiculous in real life.

What's the difference?
Feb 11, 2018 10:57 AM

Oct 2016
Tsunderes are really annoying but when they get jealous it makes me happy and if they literally cry out of jealousy it wouldn't make me any more happier :) however yanderes interest me

Feb 11, 2018 12:41 PM

Nov 2016
i dislike the abusive ones, yknow the ones that hit the MC when he says anything remotely flirty

first ten times is funny but then its annoying

the only thing more annoying than that is when the MC just lets it happen, every. single. time.
Feb 11, 2018 12:47 PM

Jul 2015
I normally find tsundere characters super annoying, but I actually really like Asuka; for some reason, she doesn’t remind me of a typical tsundere. And for some reason, I find male tsunderes more tolerable but not sure why
Feb 11, 2018 1:40 PM

Jan 2018
Having a tsundere type character is ok if it's not too excess. Sometimes if it's too much it causes me to feel that the character is straight up annoying.

「 what comes after the rain? 」
add meanime listmanga list

Feb 11, 2018 2:05 PM

Jul 2015
i dont mind them to be honest ...................

Well...
Feb 11, 2018 2:58 PM

May 2015
I don't have a problem with them, and even like a few. Hell, Tohsaka is my favorite anime girl period. I think she is literally perfection in 2D form.

I think the hate that tsunderes get is overblown. Someone peoples entire existence basically boils down to irrational disdain for tsunderes. I just don't see why this is such a big issue.

Feb 11, 2018 3:03 PM

May 2015
hazarddex said:
tragedydesu said:
@hazarddex

stop wasting your time

both are characters form fictions and nether are from our world.
i am just saying your a hypocrite.

Do you know who you're arguing with dude? It's not worth it. Save your sanity.

Feb 11, 2018 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
I like tsunderes. My favorites are Asuka from NGE and Taiga from Toradora lmao :P

Yandere is my least favorite dere
Feb 11, 2018 3:11 PM

Nov 2016
M0M0I said:
I like tsunderes. My favorites are Asuka from NGE and Taiga from Toradora lmao :P

Yandere is my least favorite dere

Yandere isnt the worst imo

Yandere lovers on the other hand...
Feb 11, 2018 3:31 PM
Jul 2018
I hate all dere types but i like sukeban
Feb 11, 2018 3:32 PM

Apr 2016
Oh good, another shitty thread on a shitty ass archetype that is often done horribly wrong. How woooonnnndeeeeerrrrfffffuuuuuuulllllll
Feb 11, 2018 3:44 PM

Aug 2016
In my opinion, Tsundere is a interesting personality in a anime character, but it's great when it's used properly. In some cases like Louise , i think that affect the anime negatively. But there are good tsunderes too.

I love Taiga from Toradora
Feb 11, 2018 3:45 PM

Nov 2017
Love 'em. I even got love for Louise lol
Feb 11, 2018 4:38 PM

Nov 2008
Dlwuik said:
SpongySquish said:
It really depends on the tsundere imo. I like the less "generic" tsunderes (which are kinda rare tbh). But wouldn't Edward Elric be a male tsundere?

he is, unfortunately. but the only good tsundere.

ALL male tsundere are "good tsundere", excuse you? >:I

Feb 11, 2018 4:41 PM

Jun 2010
Hate tsunderes, I prefer ones that are honest with their feelings.
Feb 11, 2018 5:00 PM

Jul 2016
I like them cause I kinda am one because I don't have time to waste on hurting people I don't care about but hurting people I like is kinda way of showing respect for them, showing them their worth my time
Feb 11, 2018 5:38 PM

Mar 2016
I REALLY find it annoying and in no way cute. I can't get behind the mindset of if a character likes another they'd be a jerk and borderline abusive to them. If a character is ever a tsundere in any kind of romantic context in a series seeing them be an asshole to the character they're in love with really takes away any desire for them and their love interest to begin a relationship. I hate all the dere types but tsunderes, for me, have to be one of the least likeable.
!! 𝙒𝘼𝙍𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙂 !! vampires bite beautiful people
Feb 11, 2018 6:47 PM

Jan 2014
I think some people are forgetting than anime has weird slapstick. I.e. really brutal dropkicks, german suplex, ect.

I would keep that in mind when evaluating a characters "abusive" behavior. I mean at some point you have to draw the line. You can dislike the"style" of slapstick in anime, that's completely reasonable, but I wouldn't call most tsundere's abusive over it.

Now yanderes on the other hand, they are actually abusive. Not just physically but mentally, and that's kind of the point of yanderes.

Dlwuik said:
oh yeah, i might as well mention this, guy tsunderes seem to be more tolerable than female ones.

That's interesting. I generally have more tolerance for female characters, like if they're whiny or "abusive" (not specific to tsunderes).
Signature is too edgy for me.
Feb 11, 2018 6:48 PM

Sep 2016
Annoying that's why I never root for them in romance anime.

🔥You're looking at someone🔥

🔥Who is superior to you🔥

🔥You have my permission to🔥

🔥Bask in my glow🔥

Feb 11, 2018 8:17 PM

Apr 2015
Just like the other archetypes, I find Tsundere to be very shallow and annoying.
Feb 11, 2018 9:06 PM

Nov 2014
I'm on the fence when it comes to them, when they show their sweet/caring side then I'm all up for grabs, but if they're a flat out bitch. I'll thrown them in the trash.
Feb 12, 2018 12:33 AM

Aug 2017
It depends on the type of tsundere. If they are just bitchy they annoy me but if they have a cute side as well (like they hide it with their other personality) I like them.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Apr 23

66 by EastIndiaCompany »»
16 seconds ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers?

Alpha_1_Zero - 6 hours ago

40 by Nemo_Niemand »»
5 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - 2 hours ago

12 by ShatteredSans »»
7 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - Apr 22

46 by Nemo_Niemand »»
16 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

22 by Ex-Aid »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.