Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 10, 2018 1:37 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Good episode. Mei rekindles her relationship with her dad, seemingly parting on a good note as he leaves again. Also the yuri scene were very nice as well. Was hoping for Mei to actually finger Yuzu but i guess that was too much to ask.

Am looking forward to the next episode.
Feb 10, 2018 1:43 PM
Dec 2013
landofthekwt said:
Nice for the sisters to be able to see Papa get off together.
lemme just ruin that sentence for you
Feb 10, 2018 2:21 PM

Feb 2007
LF2005 said:
think the source is a LN and not a manga ?

There is no LN, only Zuul manga.
Feb 10, 2018 2:24 PM

Jan 2016
Ugh, I did not enjoy this episode. Mei's dad is a cool guy and all but Mei's development felt forced for some reason. Yuzu is just straight up annoying and tries way too hard for someone who doesn't even remotely care for her, that was shown in the scene in which Yuzu slapped Mei in.

I just think that this is a bad series, not because of them being lesbians but because of its characters and their development. I don't see the same Yuzu that we saw in ep 1 anywhere and she was kinda interesting.
Feb 10, 2018 2:46 PM

Feb 2007
FireFistYK said:
Yuzu is just straight up annoying and tries way too hard for someone who doesn't even remotely care for her, that was shown in the scene in which Yuzu slapped Mei in.

Caring for someone does not mean that you have to be okay with being forced.
Feb 10, 2018 2:58 PM

May 2015
FireFistYK said:
Ugh, I did not enjoy this episode. Mei's dad is a cool guy and all but Mei's development felt forced for some reason. Yuzu is just straight up annoying and tries way too hard for someone who doesn't even remotely care for her, that was shown in the scene in which Yuzu slapped Mei in.

I just think that this is a bad series, not because of them being lesbians but because of its characters and their development. I don't see the same Yuzu that we saw in ep 1 anywhere and she was kinda interesting.

You know you could just drop it right?

Feb 10, 2018 3:03 PM

Jan 2016
Kittens-kun said:

You know you could just drop it right?

Obviously, but I rarely drop a series. I stick around to the end so that I can form a complete opinion on something
Feb 10, 2018 3:37 PM

Jul 2013
that scene when mei is running to her "papa" at the station must be the cringiest thing i've seen recently
Feb 10, 2018 3:51 PM
May 2016
Mei is clearly starting to fall in love with Yuzu. She should just admit it!

Well, maybe she'll never admit it. But at least they keep kissing hehe 😁
Feb 10, 2018 4:09 PM

Apr 2015
Some good development on Mei's character this episode, that kiss at the end is a sign she really does have feelings for Yuzu. I wonder what will happen next.

Harumin always there to help Yuzu, if she wasn't around, Mei and Yuzu wouldn't have been able to see their dad off. Overall, great episode!
Feb 10, 2018 4:09 PM

May 2015
Best episode so far, I absolutely loved it! Yuzu's faces in the pictures were hilarious. Her and Harumi's chemistry is just one of the best things I've ever seen, lmao.

And looks like Matsuri finally made her appearance as well, oh oh. I really gotta get used to her voice. It's not exactly what I had in mind....

Feb 10, 2018 4:21 PM

Sep 2013
I feel like the animations and the script are getting worse and worse...
Feb 10, 2018 4:52 PM

Dec 2017
I really enjoyed this episode. They don't make us wait too long about the relationship between Yuzu and Mei.
It's going great so far, I hope they won't mess scenario with that new girl.
Feb 10, 2018 5:33 PM

May 2014
Well Mei definitely got a lot more characterization this episode.
It was nice to see Yuzu being more assertive and Mei being the more emotionally vulnerable one, if only for a while!

And that was an A grade kiss at the end right there. Things are definitely getting interesting!

That girl at the end is so obviously gonna be planted there to add more drama but tbh I can't find myself even minding because I genuinely enjoy the crap outta this anime!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2018 6:22 PM

Oct 2017
This episode was amazing like all the others. Just like episode 5, you have the heartwarming scenes and i really like Shou hes a cool guy. I also feel for the characters so much. I seriously feel the love between Yuzu and Mei becoming more solid. Also i kinda think Shou supports it. Also the almost sex scene was funny. Better than cumming on your friend's comatose body.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Feb 10, 2018 6:22 PM

Sep 2012
Remember people. Childhood friend never wins.
Feb 10, 2018 6:28 PM

Oct 2012
Whole father x daughter reunion and everything, it was weird... as all those forced kisses. The way she's now, the way she's experience with sex and men, it's almost like her father abused her somehow. Not to mention his smirk towards her the last time. And if this assumption is false then why did they even introduced him when her trauma is based elsewhere? This development really made no sense and characters are developed just for the sake of script.

Enter the random rival girl again. In the end, I really don't know what this series tries to be, either it's like Sakura Trick and should ditch all the drama in favour of fanservice or it's more like Netsuzou Trap but not quite. It really feels like the story was like your usual fanfiction.
Feb 10, 2018 6:39 PM

May 2015
HARUMIN HAS OPPAI!

So Mei uses her kisses to escape her problems or something? Well I guess she looked up to her father until he changed his ways and left her behind. It's the dad's fault! But at least they made up.

Yuzu being good girl again. She's got guts. Loved the bicycle scene too...but...isn't it illegal for two people to be riding a bike? And they took that across the city...

New character introduced. Pink hair and headphones. And she knows Yuzu? Are we getting another Triangle?

TarotistFeb 10, 2018 6:43 PM
Feb 10, 2018 6:49 PM

Dec 2016
*slow clap that very quickly turns into an all around barrage of clapping*
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 10, 2018 6:52 PM
Dec 2013
MrMakoto said:
I feel like the butthurt and the crying are getting worse and worse...
ftfy

Mich666 said:
Whole father x daughter reunion and everything, it was weird... as all those forced kisses. The way she's now, the way she's experience with sex and men, it's almost like her father abused her somehow. Not to mention his smirk towards her the last time. And if this assumption is false then why did they even introduced him when her trauma is based elsewhere? This development really made no sense and characters are developed just for the sake of script.
I've never seen someone miss the point so fucking hard ever since I've seen people claim that shou raped Yuzu by hugging her at the end of episode 5 (impressive 9 hours ago)
Feb 10, 2018 7:53 PM

Apr 2016
It seems their love is becoming not forced at this point. Wonder if that pink haired girl is some sort of antagonist.
Feb 10, 2018 8:19 PM

Jul 2016
Mich666 said:

I didn't consider her father to be like that at any time last episode but I'm not gonna lie that in every episode, at some point, I was wondering if something really happened to Mei when she was younger I mean, she is/was so emotionless and so sexually abusive towards Yuzu... I don't know.

And now, we probably are gonna have another love triangle just to bother Mei for the next couple of episodes... yay?...
Feb 10, 2018 9:45 PM

Jan 2011
harumin the true MVP

good development for the two quite the intimate kiss there glad she stopped Mei the first time also dad was a nice duder just didn't want to live that lifestyle anymore and became a free man.

but Matsuri was wondering when that girl and those two white haired ones will show up not the voice i was expecting, i like her design but is she gonna be our female NTR-er D:
Feb 10, 2018 11:05 PM

Jul 2017
Yesss Matsuri... the comment rage next episode is going to be glorious xD

Loving this adaptation so much, especially what it's doing with Mei. I felt for her in the manga, too, but the anime is giving her that little bit of extra emotion that she needs. When she trotted off to say goodbye to her father and after the wonderful ending kiss, especially.
Feb 10, 2018 11:07 PM

Oct 2010
We finally get to meet Matsuri :)
Feb 10, 2018 11:07 PM

Feb 2010
Hey Mei, don't make it bad~
Take a sad song and make it better~
Remember to let her into your heart~
Then you can start to make it better~
Feb 10, 2018 11:31 PM

Aug 2016
For me , citrus is one of the best yuri anime that i have ever seen. And now the appearance of haruka from sakura trick it will give the anime a time travel to the past of the sisters.

Looking forward to the next episode
Feb 10, 2018 11:34 PM

Aug 2015
I already hate the pink haired girl, both her voice and whatever she's gonna do later on. I have a feeling it's just gonna go down hill from here.
Feb 11, 2018 2:27 AM

Jan 2017
I thought this episode revealed the underlying story of this anime, Mei's relationship with her father and how she wants to bring him back to the academy or something... But that was short-lived, and it's gone back to being just a Yuri themed anime 😭.
So does that mean the plot is yuzu and Mei developing their relationship
Feb 11, 2018 3:43 AM

Sep 2012
It was nice that they shared a sincere kiss.

The drama behind Mei and her dad was alright, it was nice they went into both his and her perceptions of their estranged relationship.
Feb 11, 2018 4:08 AM

Dec 2008
Matsuri's voice is so annoying. Good episode overall.

I can't wait for next week's comments about her though. Gna be hilarious.
Feb 11, 2018 4:49 AM

Dec 2015
Mei's voice was a bit off but overall that was a feels good episode. Looking forward to what happens next week.
~
Feb 11, 2018 5:06 AM

Feb 2016
Farabeuf said:
Just drop the Mei crush already and fall in love with the best girl already!

I'm referring to Harumin of course. Who else could it be?

Yeah, makes me wonder why Harumin is left at sideline. She is easygoing character and drama-free or it seems.

Now, the father/sensei complex is left behind, can we get some cheerful and lively Mei dosage? Or else newcoming girls will steal Yuzucchi.
Feb 11, 2018 5:48 AM

Apr 2009
Hehe.. finally a proper real kiss. This is the kind of quality F/F anime I have always been looking for.

Dad is really cute, but I wonder how did he end up dating mom with his crazy schedule, he hardly ever comes home. How did they even meet?
Feb 11, 2018 7:51 AM
Apr 2017
Oh my god...
Their face are so out of shaped...
This episode is by far the worst, and it's going to pull down the rating so much
So... Mei is just totally a daddy's gril (which is no t wrong in usual, but so wrong with her character setting)
Mei's dad is just a scumbag who solve nothing and always leave behind his family (he shouldn't marry anyone if he can't take responsibility)
Matsuri, I just have a glance of her, I like her pink hair, but her voice doesn't suit her, and her motive is just so cliche
Harumi is the best gril, she always take care of Yuzu although she seems emo all the time, and always supportive. Just an angel without any purpose, so unrealistic

This is so cringe... I was waiting for the finish just after 5 minutes from start
Feb 11, 2018 8:05 AM
Dec 2013
araneathedragoon said:
Farabeuf said:
Just drop the Mei crush already and fall in love with the best girl already!

I'm referring to Harumin of course. Who else could it be?

Yeah, makes me wonder why Harumin is left at sideline. She is easygoing character and drama-free or it seems.
its explicitly told in the manga that harumi has absolutely no romantic interest in yuzu, and its heavily implied she is actually straight. i feel your pain though

Jagara said:
Dad is really cute, but I wonder how did he end up dating mom with his crazy schedule, he hardly ever comes home. How did they even meet?
its explained in the last bonus chapter (50 chapters into the series, really)
Feb 11, 2018 8:05 AM
Dec 2013
Apple_BS said:
Oh my god...
Their face are so out of shaped...
This episode is by far the worst, and it's going to pull down the rating so much
So... Mei is just totally a daddy's gril (which is no t wrong in usual, but so wrong with her character setting)
Mei's dad is just a scumbag who solve nothing and always leave behind his family (he shouldn't marry anyone if he can't take responsibility)
Matsuri, I just have a glance of her, I like her pink hair, but her voice doesn't suit her, and her motive is just so cliche
Harumi is the best gril, she always take care of Yuzu although she seems emo all the time, and always supportive. Just an angel without any purpose, so unrealistic

This is so cringe... I was waiting for the finish just after 5 minutes from start
you know, its not like theres anyone forcing you to watch this, so just leave already
Feb 11, 2018 8:17 AM

Aug 2013
Mei's dad is a cool guy and Harumin was great as always.

The pink-haired girl, Matsuri, seems interesting.

Great episode overall.

Feb 11, 2018 10:24 AM
Feb 2017
LF2005 said:
HelpMeFindAnime said:

Well. The manga has yet to end, and it has 35+ chapters. So no, you will not see an ending, as the main "problem" Yuzu and Mei have to overcome has yet to be solved even in the manga. But you can bet that it will have a second season soon enough, as both the manga and anime are doing great. I think Citrus is the most popular yuri manga out there

think the source is a LN and not a manga ? eitheir way LN/manga/ect. rates mean nothing to the anime, it is true they wanna ride that popularity but they will continue only if they feel they did it and that they can make more.
I see really low chances of an s2

The chances are high. If the sales are good, there will be a second season. That's how it is
Feb 11, 2018 10:28 AM
Feb 2017
Mich666 said:

Enter the random rival girl again. In the end, I really don't know what this series tries to be, either it's like Sakura Trick and should ditch all the drama in favour of fanservice or it's more like Netsuzou Trap but not quite. It really feels like the story was like your usual fanfiction.

Read the manga. What is there not to understand. And by the way, Mei is not experienced with sex nor men. She is just as virgin as Yuzu is. She is from a rich family, so that teacher from episode 1 was the dude she was supposed to marry. Through arranged marriage. She worked to keep the school running, so that her father could take over it, but the father wants to teach students around the world, and not just at that school. She was not abused. The father left because he had a dream, and the daughter was left with the grandpa who runs the school
Feb 11, 2018 10:31 AM
Feb 2017
Jagara said:
Hehe.. finally a proper real kiss. This is the kind of quality F/F anime I have always been looking for.

He did not. *SPOILER* He was once at a bar and he was venting his problems to a random woman (who was Yuzu's mom). He told her that he feels bad for putting his daughter through this, and that he wishes for her to have a normal family. So then the mother said "Then i'll take care of her for you" and then boom.
Feb 11, 2018 10:39 AM

Jul 2016
It's starting to feel as though i am just watching the same episodes over and over -.- Nothing IS PROGRESSING!
Feb 11, 2018 10:56 AM
Oct 2015
FireFistYK said:

Like I said this show is a trainwreck. All these characters go against everything anyone with common sense would understand. Her mom marries a guy who then takes off and goes all over the world and the Mom is ok with that? Its just one character after another that is bad shit crazy with no sense at all.
Feb 11, 2018 11:34 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Unyversu said:
It's starting to feel as though i am just watching the same episodes over and over -.- Nothing IS PROGRESSING!

So that whole development Mei gone through in this episode is nothing?
OKAY, great for you then.

Bawse said:

Usually I hate short hair, but Matsuri is just God tier next to Rikka from Chuunibyou. Hope she’s kinky 3.3

She is very possessive and crazy, so yeah you will definitly get what you want from her.
But IMO it was when she was introduced, that the plot started to feel like it wasnt progressing in the direction I wanted it to go, so I really am not that hyped for the next episodes...

TsubasaFamily said:
Yesss Matsuri... the comment rage next episode is going to be glorious xD

Loving this adaptation so much, especially what it's doing with Mei. I felt for her in the manga, too, but the anime is giving her that little bit of extra emotion that she needs. When she trotted off to say goodbye to her father and after the wonderful ending kiss, especially.

Yep it will, that NTR will fuck with some dude's heads pretty good, though by the end, I ended up welcoming her too (for that menage a trois).

This episode is the best, even better than ep1, while they adapted almost the same number of pages they did on the previous one, there was a major different here:
- First the pacing for key scenes was just great;
- Secondly, seems like "light" was finally made and the studio reached the conclusion that they need to insert some really good background songs for the drama moments, that just nail it in delivering the emotions the manga manages to deliver with its art, and THEY DID IT!!

Seriously, episode 5 could have been so much better if they had used some good ost on that graveyard scene... on this episode when Yuzu sees Mei crying, that scene was so much more powerful than it the manga, and the whole follow up was just amazing, better than the manga, it was alluring yet disturbing when Mei calls Yuzu easy, it was a powerfull scene in conveying on much Mei was broken (and it was cute to see Yuzu embracing her so dearly).

The whole scene with the dad had a more natural pace to it than the manga ever had, you can see the studio likes the manga, and can add little details to make this adaptation break free from the manga.

Last scene, the kiss, I would only change the fact that I would prefer like they done in the manga, where we see their eyes locking on each other and getting close, like both were enchanted by eachother, then their mouths connect, and also afterwords, we didnt see Yuzu feeling that shy and blanked out like she did on the manga, that was EXTREMELY ADORABLE!
Here:

So while the other scene surpassed the manga, this one did its own thing, with some room for improving (the other was perfect!) while still being a great scene that nailed this turning tide for Mei & Yuzu's relationship.
Bravo Passione, bravo!

As for the next arc, I dont believe it will engage me as much since the manga IMO had its own problems with it, but if they manage to improve some stuff I m all on gears for that.

I feel very lucky to have seen an adaptation to Citrus coming out and doing everything that it did to this point, what an amazing year for yuri so far!

PlaycoolFeb 11, 2018 11:39 AM
Feb 11, 2018 11:51 AM

Jan 2016
Karmafan56 said:

Like I said this show is a trainwreck. All these characters go against everything anyone with common sense would understand. Her mom marries a guy who then takes off and goes all over the world and the Mom is ok with that? Its just one character after another that is bad shit crazy with no sense at all.

Finally, someone that sees this from my point of view. When I saw the mangas score I thought we were gonna get something good for once instead of blatant fanservice. Yes, Citrus tries to not just be fanservice but at this point, it's the only thing that's been noticeable.
Feb 11, 2018 12:01 PM
Dec 2013
FireFistYK said:
Karmafan56 said:

Finally, someone that sees this from my point of view. When I saw the mangas score I thought we were gonna get something good for once instead of blatant fanservice. Yes, Citrus tries to not just be fanservice but at this point, it's the only thing that's been noticeable.
both of you think you are actually smart? common sense in anime LOL

just so you know,
now why she did it, anime logic rules. avoid claiming shit based in 6 episodes of a 51 chapter manga adaption
Feb 11, 2018 12:05 PM

Feb 2007
SouthRzVa said:
I didn't consider her father to be like that at any time last episode but I'm not gonna lie that in every episode, at some point, I was wondering if something really happened to Mei when she was younger I mean, she is/was so emotionless and so sexually abusive towards Yuzu... I don't know.

Considering how before this episode's events she's pretty much idolized her father and lived to keep the school ready for his return, I really don't see anything pointing to the father in this regard. If anything, her by now gone fiance's pretty horrible behavior is to blame for this.
Feb 11, 2018 12:08 PM

Jan 2016
MHEEC said:
both of you think you are actually smart? common sense in anime LOL

just so you know,
now why she did it, anime logic rules. avoid claiming shit based in 6 episodes of a 51 chapter manga adaption

FireFistYKFeb 11, 2018 12:39 PM
Feb 11, 2018 12:17 PM
Sep 2017
Let me start off by saying that I'm so glad this isn't, as a certain anime youtuber would put it, "trash" anime. Which tbh, I really thought it was going to be lol.

What I really like about this show is how it feels like I can empathize with these characters. Yuzu is trying to figure out all of her emotions for Mei; Mei is trying to figure out how to be her own person. Both of them are negotiating their feelings towards one another.

I'm really glad that this episode cleared up the situation between Mei and her Dad, because all the build up to him coming back made me think there was some previous abuse between him and Mei, but I'm glad that's been cleared up. I'm also so glad to see Yuzu and Mei's relationship begin to blossom into something mutual between the two of them <3 It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)
Feb 11, 2018 12:26 PM

Oct 2012
HelpMeFindAnime said:
Read the manga. What is there not to understand. And by the way, Mei is not experienced with sex nor men. She is just as virgin as Yuzu is. She is from a rich family, so that teacher from episode 1 was the dude she was supposed to marry. Through arranged marriage. She worked to keep the school running, so that her father could take over it, but the father wants to teach students around the world, and not just at that school. She was not abused. The father left because he had a dream, and the daughter was left with the grandpa who runs the school

Do you honestly believe she would turn like this if she was not abused or something? We were shown she had pretty nice childhood so something had to go wrong. If the father wasn't the reason, then Chekhov's gun I say - don't introduce him at all.

Also, it's nice some things are explained in the manga but the anime does really bad job then, leaving imporatant parts out - or - portraying both main heroines with slightly different characters. And I'm commenting the anime not the manga. So far the series only convinced me that it would be a lot better if they left all the drama out as they are bad at it (compared to great Kuzu no Honkai for example or Maria-sama ga Miteru) and if they focused on harmless slice-of-life and fanservice only.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Any hope for season 2?

DwaipayanH - Mar 3

15 by Sammango »»
Mar 8, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

108 by JeremiahOrange »»
Jan 31, 4:13 AM

» prediction: your first reaction will be "I'm disappointed" ( 1 2 )

GangsterCat - Nov 28, 2016

60 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:15 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

200 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

126 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 22, 2023 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.