Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 24, 2018 8:36 PM

Apr 2015
The plane shit all gets a bit tiring after flying six times in a week like I did last week.

Drama was a bit clumsy and quick, again, but at least they ended it upbeat
Feb 27, 2018 9:21 AM

Jul 2016
I thought the previous episodes were only ok, but episode 6 is pretty good. Especially, the last few minutes when Shirase really seem to be bonding with Hinata, and deciding to stick with everyone as a group, no matter what.

Feb 27, 2018 10:20 AM

Jul 2009
One of the best episodes! Their moments in the airplane was so fun to watch! And the whole mess about the passport was great too.
Mar 11, 2018 9:05 AM

Oct 2014
Singapore boys! This is the first time I’ve seen it so accurately represented in anime. Hopefully they can do the same with my home country straya next episode.

All in all, really enjoyable and amusing episode. This show is starting to step it up.
Mar 15, 2018 3:43 PM

Jan 2011
*aaaaahahahahaahha That was a great conclusion! ^^ Some feels beforehand, I thought the four will part for some days, some sadness and than the ticket change, but in the end the passport wasnt lost. I lold again when Yuzuki said her „punchline“ in this episode a second time. ^^ Great show!
Mar 17, 2018 2:31 AM

Jul 2012
this was really cool, made me really happy because i could relate to this episode personally!
three of my friends and i went to singapore for 2 weeks last september and i felt like i was back there
they really nailed it, and i recognised all the places they went to because i'd been there too, right down to the food hall.
Mar 25, 2018 12:11 PM

Jan 2013
What an incredible episode! I knew that some of them had to have her passport xD But wasn't expecting for Shirase to have it.
This just keeps getting better.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 29, 2018 8:43 AM

Oct 2015
The trip to the Singapore was nice. Been there a few times, but never had the chance to see the view of the city from the Marina Bay Sands rooftop at night. It’s weird that they didn’t mention Singapore at all.

I don’t like how Hinata didn’t even bother try to remember where could she lose the passport. Lol all those conflicts could’ve been avoided if Shirase check her purse. It was hilarious when she found the passport, thank god the business class flight can be cancelled though, but there must be a cancel fee though. As punishment they have to eat Durian. I’m Indonesian, most people love Durian there, but I don’t like it at all.
Maruko-sanMar 29, 2018 8:48 AM
Mar 30, 2018 5:38 PM

Sep 2011
First thing that occured to me was "Have they checked the everyone's belongings? Maybe one of them accidentally took hers" followed by "They should check lost&found at the airport if there's a service like that, maybe she left it on the plane somehow". Maybe I'm just too careful with these things and always consider other options as well :'D
The drama wasn't bad though, and I'm glad they could cancel the ticket so the money didn't go to waste.
Mar 30, 2018 6:51 PM

Nov 2012
Infernal said:

Interesting. Now I'm rather curious as to how you'll review the episodes hereon.
lihle808 said:
Singapore is one beautiful place, damn that was a great view. Anyone who lives in Singapore I am so jeal of you and I wish I was you.

That Hina and Shirase are one stupid pair who complement each other, I loved their relationship. I wonder does that fruit taste bad as they expressed?

Great ep.

Well if anything exported fruits taste the worst, most especially durian; better get them fresh in their own locale.

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Apr 3, 2018 1:37 AM

Apr 2009
well wht would even happened if Shirase would challenged herself to watch any Horror or Thriller movie bcoz of her scary reaction (well that would be either The Exorcist or Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho)
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Apr 6, 2018 7:12 PM

Apr 2011
All that drama over the missing passport, only to find out later it was actually on Shirase's bag. And that bgm and Yuzu's sharp sense was hilarious. Got punish by eating Durian. The fruit isn't all bad. The smell maybe horrible but the taste is okay. There's a soft candy flavored durian and it tastes good.
Apr 10, 2018 6:55 AM
Aug 2015
as someone who see durian 365 day a year in street, and sometimes buy it. it doesnt that stink though (a lot of stinky food which stinkier than durians)it made you hangover though. i just watch this anime reently, and yeah i like their chemistry in this episode
Apr 19, 2018 3:15 AM
Jun 2016
Aww Shirase would go that far to bring her friend 😢 Maybe if i was there I would've reprimanded them for losing it while if I was in Hinata's place I would be depressed as fuck and yeah would probably go back too. They don't like Durian? It's delicious! Well, i didnt like it when i was a kid but yeah it kinda grows on you xD. The twist at the ending though god, i wanna kill myself if I was in her place hahaha 1 million yen. I just. can't. Nice episode though as it emphasizes on the struggles of travelling to another country and the consequences associated with it.
Apr 20, 2018 8:15 PM

Jan 2013
Sometimes it comes across as a bit too energetic and dramatic. Could be more restrained. Not leaving much time for the 90 days in Antarctica, also would like to see some male characters finally when they get there.
Apr 29, 2018 3:12 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Another amazing episode, good job anime
May 5, 2018 11:35 PM

Jan 2018
Yep, that's the airport for yah:

Shirase's penguin obsession is comedy GOLD! xD

The curse of the souvenir shop!

The "I'm not prepared, so I'll just use the most awkward pose my body could think of" pose. I know that feeling all too well. *sobs*

Having to listen to a couple of Japanese girls arguing, that employee must be confused as fuck. Lol

Finally, I really don't understand how people think Durian stinks. I think they smell delicious.

Aug 9, 2018 9:11 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that's quite sad that ending, she spend like a million yen for a small forgetful mistake. Well I do hope they'll be fine next though! Quite the lovely episode though. Let's see what's next.
Dec 18, 2018 12:27 PM
Nov 2018
This episode was... Ok, i guess.
I didn't liked the unnecesary drama in this episode, the episode had quality but just didn't appeal to me. At least it showed that they are capanle of doing anything to keep being together in their journey.
Jan 1, 2019 4:27 PM
Apr 2018
Wow, watching this ep made me feel like travelling! DISUkONTTO PURISU! PURISU!

Such a shame the ending. She had just spent a million yen.

Lots of things happen every episode. I really enjoy this.
Jan 8, 2019 5:44 PM

Jun 2015
lol them poor girls, durian smells absolutely horrible
Feb 2, 2019 12:49 PM
Aug 2017
Hahaha plot twist.
Mar 31, 2019 2:59 PM

Sep 2012
I had never heard of durians before, now I can only hope I'll never encounter one.
May 5, 2019 9:37 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, they really suck at finding something.
Sep 22, 2019 3:38 AM

Mar 2015
Lmao all's well that ends well.. hope they got the million yen back!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 27, 2019 10:42 AM

Feb 2017
I'm really glad she didn't waste her money after all.
Dec 2, 2019 11:34 PM

Oct 2012
I've seen that ship above building thing, I heard it's a gambling place lol
I wonder how many people realized that it's Singapore without Merlion

Yuzuki is the scariest when she's angry, even when she threatened Kimari she did it politely xD

Silly Shirase, I can understand her though because I often forgot things

I like how Japan treats Durian as punishment, where in SE Asia it's practically a treat
Not me though, don't like and never will :P
"Signature removed"
Dec 30, 2019 6:25 PM

Aug 2018
Fuck this anime is soooo fucking good
Why i discover it just by now xD

So far this is my fav episode i laughed so hard in a lot of scenes lol i like how stubborn hinata and shirase lmao

The pacing is great also
Now i get it why a lot of people praise this masterpiece
Lastly, im glad they found the passport
and took back the million yen business ticket lol xD
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jan 17, 2020 1:36 AM

Jun 2009
that was horrendous. are you fucking kidding me?
Feb 13, 2020 11:17 AM

Apr 2013
Oh Shirase... that's how you waste 1 million yen, how did they not search through their other stuff as well? Never heard of that durain fruit, does it really taste so bad?
Apr 7, 2020 11:17 AM

Jun 2016
Another great episode.
Also I got to know about Durian (king of fruits). Wonder why I haven't heard about it before :0
Apr 7, 2020 11:19 AM

Jun 2016
Gator said:
Oh Shirase... that's how you waste 1 million yen, how did they not search through their other stuff as well? Never heard of that durain fruit, does it really taste so bad?

They got their tickets returned though, so no money wasted.
Just saw a video, it seems like it smells bad but it good in taste.
Jun 4, 2020 3:02 AM

Feb 2020
I said Hinata might become my favorite character, but this episode just confirmed Shirase as the chosen one, such a lovable stubborn dummy, I really like the development she's getting and she is hilarious at times. I laughed so hard when she realised she had Hinata's passport.
But I feel so bad for Hinata, she's really having issues with her relationships... It's a good thing Shirase decided to be stubborn and didn't give up on her.
Mari's also growing a lot on me, she's such an adorkable little bean.
And Yuzuki might be my least favorite for now, but she's very likable, she is a great addition to the cast.
As a whole this show keeps getting better. Everything makes me want to travel, discover new places with friends... Sometimes I just want to enter the screen and join the four of them in their adventures.
It truly is a really good show, with a lovable dorky cast full of passion, just like I love them.
Jul 8, 2020 1:11 AM

Nov 2011
Probably the funniest episode yet. Have always felt Hinata was the odd one out of the bunch, not much development and her reasons for going kind of paled in comparison to the rest, so i'm really glad she got a look in here. With the 1st half over, hopefully the next half will be entirely 'nankyoku', hope they don't rush it.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 13, 2020 7:38 PM

Feb 2019
Well, that's a million yen out the window lol

A great episode. I've been to Singapore a lot of times, but there's just something different about how anime can show something. Singapore here was an absolute sight to see.

I do get that durian is definitely something that a lot of people who didn't grew up with find revolting, specifically the smell, but I don't understand how it's like that with the taste too. It's pretty delicious (if you can get through the smell), and durian ice cream too is pretty good. Do most foreigners don't like the taste too?

I had a feeling Hinata lost her passport. We got some backstory on her and how she didn't want people to be considerate of her, because she wasn't sure what they actually felt (that's what I got at least). Shirase's stubbornness was a sight to behold and the scene at the airport made me really tear up. She was willing to spend all her hard-earned money, 1,000,000 yen, to make sure that they were all going together.

It was kinda ruined by the fact that the passport was in her bag all along lol I mean, 1,000,000 yen oh goodness. They could've used that for emergencies.

Shiraishi was really funny here. She's easily the sharpest (in both the sense of being perceptive and stabs-right-through-you) of them all. No one can stand her stare and interrogation. "You're hiding something, aren't you?" with that (cute) piercing stare of hers.

Also how she said she could kill Kimari for hogging the bed lol

Also, cute how Shirase especially was clueless and like a little kid on the airplane!

Nice unexpected episode in Singapore. I guess next week we're reaching Fremantle!
Jul 28, 2020 4:00 AM
Apr 2019
wonderful !
character interaction felt good,
by the way why people hate durian so much ? how does it taste ?
Like in my coutry Jackfruit is called the king of fruits but it doesn't suck as much as it shows,lol !
Aug 19, 2020 9:57 PM

Feb 2019
It feels like i got emotionally trolled
Dec 18, 2020 4:46 PM

May 2016
This show feels so real, I can relate to their problems and the expressions are really
well drawn.

I loved how Shirase forced herself like that, cause it was the right choice. >.>
Dec 29, 2020 7:55 AM

Aug 2018
I wonder, if food portion just seemed so enormous.. Well, as Japanese maybe eat less than other countries, them having shorter people, no reason to eat as much as other countries.. Something like that..
I don't really see, how you need passport on the inside country flight.. Why?.. Isn't having ticket - enough?.. It's not like you cross border.. Though, I never flew, so I don't know, what is the check there.. But if you'd travel by bus in the other side of the country - noone would check your documents, really.. But it can be different in the airport, yeah..
So.. They managed to return tickets, they say?.. Money as well, or no?..
Jan 22, 2021 5:07 PM

Nov 2015
When I saw the passport in shirases purse I died laughing. I really love this show
Feb 12, 2021 6:03 PM

Jul 2020
You hate one of the four girls? Go to a psychiatric please.

Hinata is too pure to be real, and also Shirase proved to be amazing. Mari keeps being cheerful and Yuzuki overcoming fears and becoming important. They are all slowly developing into great characters. 6/13 and a possibility to become a 9/10 rating
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Sep 2, 2021 5:17 AM

Feb 2019
One of the terrible things is to lose the passport while travel.

I burst out laughing when the truth is revealed lol.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Sep 3, 2021 4:31 AM

Mar 2021
ah yes durian i really hate it
Sep 28, 2021 4:09 AM

Mar 2018
Holy what an episode loool, if this show keeps going at this quality it's gonna a nice 9 out 10 for me
Jan 6, 2022 12:44 PM

May 2009
I had previously thought that Hinata was the mature one in the group. She's had those vibes multiple times in previous episodes, being able to just laugh stuff off and run with things and give people decent advice (even if said advice comes in the form of sayings she just makes up).

But this time she goofed. That said, oh gosh I would be freaking spooked to hell if I'd lost my passport on an important...actually, on any international trip, let alone a super important one like this one!

On the other hand, I'm really liking Yuzuki. She's grown on me a lot, from "who the heck is that and how is she even interesting?" to this time being the actual mature one in the group.

Incidentally, this isn't the first time I've been entertained by a character who's a show biz idol who has a different and much less forcedly-cheery personality offscreen. The first time was Hannah Weber, from Element Hunters. Though I think I like Yuzuki more. Right now, among the current main cast of this show, Yuzuki is the character I'd most like to hang out with (it was formerly Hinata).
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Apr 3, 2022 3:34 AM

Feb 2019
Considering the actual genres of this show, it does the horror aspects well, especially combined with Hayami's airy sounding voice
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
May 19, 2022 11:55 AM
Nov 2020
They had us in the first half ngl it was very concerning misplacing g a passport overseas is a very tough situation, i am Glad she got her money back
Jun 4, 2022 7:22 AM

Feb 2020
That was hilarious. I'm glad they was able to cancel the tickets.
Jun 21, 2022 12:31 PM
Jan 2018
At least she got her money back
Aug 13, 2022 6:35 AM

May 2020
Yep best episode.. nothing more. Also yeah always make sure to check through your stuffs first and foremost instead of acting on an emotional whim lol.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

383 by hhnnoovvaa »»
Apr 1, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2018

399 by ReyanshManta »»
Mar 29, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2018

165 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Feb 25, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2018

158 by X_Lynn_X »»
Feb 14, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2017

305 by Vosson12564_cool »»
Feb 13, 4:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.