Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Feb 5, 7:32 PM

So I know that every episode has two almost identical halves, but does that really make it appropriate to list it for 12 minutes per episode on MAL? Does it actually air in Japan as a 12 minute long episode on any channel? If it doesn't, then it doesn't really make any sense to have it listed at 12 minutes on here. That'd almost be like listing the 2009 episodes of Suzumiya Haruhi as having 9 episodes instead of 14 since 5 of the 8 version of Endless Eight are near-identical.

But whatever. If it's left at 12 min. per ep. I guess that means I can immediately record a re-watch after I finish the series.

Feb 13, 2:27 AM

I think it should be listed as 24 min as well. The halves are *almost* identical, like you said, but not 100% so it doesn't make sense to list it as 12.

Mar 24, 4:07 PM

By that logic, Blu-ray releases should count as different animes, so I'm fine with the 12 minute thing

Mar 24, 5:27 PM

NB4Y said:
By that logic, Blu-ray releases should count as different animes, so I'm fine with the 12 minute thing

Okay, I don't fully agree, but whatever. Hopefully MAL doesn't change its mind because I just finished the series and immediately logged a re-watch.

Mar 24, 6:03 PM

No idea....maybe not enough budget

Mar 25, 12:23 AM

Ryuseishun said:
No idea....maybe not enough budget

On the contrary, the show didn't really have a budget.

Rather, this was done on purpose. They wanted to make it into a web anime initially, but changed it to a TV show as time went on. The producer believed this show wouldn't work so well in a full-length format, and went with half-length, instead. By Bkub's request, he decided to fill the other 12 minutes with a rebroadcast, but with different voices and minor changes.

I posted an interview with the show's producer, in which he goes into full detail on how the show came to be here
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.