Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 6, 2018 5:06 PM
Jan 2013
This anime is dangerous for my soul....
Feb 6, 2018 10:59 PM

Jul 2013
God I love this show.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Feb 7, 2018 2:57 PM
Jun 2016
Zhexal said:
kuzuryuu is really an airhead, isn't he?

A third Ai would be confusing af, i hope it won't happen :D

But there is a third Ai. She should be showing up within the next 4 eps.
Feb 7, 2018 6:58 PM

Aug 2014
"Grade schoolers are the best" I'm happy I didn't drop this anime :D
Tbh tho the anime is getting more and more enjoyable, if it kept on going this was it will get a solid 9 from me.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Feb 8, 2018 6:25 AM
Jan 2018
In the first few minutes, Ai-san(first disciple) is so scary!!
I feel creepy in some minutes, I even fainting.( sorry if my language isn't right, I'm in Vietnam so my English is not good)
Feb 8, 2018 7:36 AM

Apr 2017
LMAO, another lolis proposal haha.

Feb 8, 2018 5:14 PM

Sep 2011
"This isn't a loli harem, I swear!" -MAL Users

And I'm not a human, I swear!
Feb 8, 2018 5:22 PM

May 2017
It is funny to see people making jokes and blabbling about Shogi master loli king here going to jail because of what hinatsuru said.
Like, yaischi going to jail because of his interactions with the children or what Ai said.

Well, people are forgetting that Yaichi is a minor too, so the law does not apply to him (unless he rapes).

The law of minor protection only applies to people older than 18 that sexually abuse a child, or get in a relationship with a minor or child that is not consented.

Both Ai and Yaichi are minors and so far I havent heard of minor male going to jail for being in a relationship with a girl younger than him.
The prove more we have that Hinatsuru Ai's mother engaged Yaichi to Ai. So they are still in legal terms.

Worst case scenario would be he getting her pregnant and forced to marry them off. But he will not go to chail for making a minor pregnant when he is a minor himself.

Society views about it, however... that is another story.
Feb 9, 2018 12:40 AM

Oct 2014
An appreciation comment to the staff of this anime who finally shows the step-per-step move even though only one part of it.
(Well, the crucial part. It's enough.)
Feb 9, 2018 5:05 AM
Jul 2013
takodori said:
Here is the link to the board explaining the blue Ai's wining lines she overlooked during her play. If she exchanged down her promoted Dragon for a Gold, then she should have won. you can replay the trunk line and some branches there.
https://goo.gl/ouSqQL
This is based on the actual final game played in elementary school graders' Meijin Tournament in 2013. It aired nationwide on TV. The runner-up burst into tears when the commentator of Meijin Moriuchi Toshiyuki at that time pointed out he should have won if he took the Gold with the Dragon in the post-game analysis using a big board for TV audience. The scene was so impressive that many shogi fans came to remember it's the same position as what winning sequences blue Ai was missing.

Actual footage of the game
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm32707346
Feb 11, 2018 11:52 AM

Feb 2017
Gotta mention Char-chan checkmating Akira-san in the epilogue. Kawaii overload!!!!

I know, Akira was on the job at the time, but the look on her face was like "wait, what just happened"
"I am not a Mochi Monster" - Nyanko Sensei
Feb 14, 2018 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
It was conceivable how the plot would end, after the previous events, oh well! Also the relationship between Yaichi and Ginko, takes the way that presumably was obvious from the beginning. Luckily, the part about Shogi is interesting and compelling as well. I'm sorry to see Keika so distressed, but it was fun to see Yashajin's assistant lose to little Charlotte, LOL.
Feb 14, 2018 8:07 PM

Oct 2010
This Ai loli plays shogi like lelouche plays with people.

10/10
Aug 9, 2018 9:21 PM

May 2012
Really lovely episode with a great ending! Both Ai-chan's really are the best rivals. Looking forwards to see what's next.
Nov 1, 2018 2:38 AM

Jul 2016
It's Ai's second loss and I'm getting really tired of her losing. Glad she wants to devote herself now.
Jul 3, 2019 9:30 AM

Dec 2012
old Ai is annoying

new Ai > old Ai
Nov 23, 2020 8:06 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So basically this match was Ai vs Ai lol, well the Yashajin Ai won and we got some interesting explanations which kinda explain her previous behavior towards Yaichi (the whole story with her father) this match was probably the most interesting one so far, nice.
May 14, 2021 1:21 PM

Aug 2018
Hm.. Yashajin is also good opponent for Hinatsuru, because she tries various tactics.. Which is good for both Ais, to be honest..
And yeah.. As told before.. That Yashajin is good under attacks, when Hinatsuru likes them.. So it's good for them both..
Honestly, I went into anime, expecting slice of life.. But so far both anime which were about shougi, which I watched - they both are very heavy on shougi.. ;D Like about thinking of players, how are lives of people in there, and other stuff.. 3-gatsu no Lion also was very heavy on shougi, where some episodes were only about the game things like these.. Well, it's an enjoyable watch - this anime.. Just it's more of a game anime, to be honest.. I don't think slice of life tag is at all suiting this anime.. But it's technicalities, really, it's whatever, I'm being too picky to expectations here.. Anime is a nice shougi anime so far..
Jul 28, 2021 7:20 AM

Jun 2020
Ai really was intimidating in the heat of the moment like your mom finding your "homework" collection

Yashajin changed in that specific match like never before and she's a bit submissive to Hinatsuru I was hoping she would win the match damn that tears hit good

I just love it sometimes when the MC is as dense as spoiled milk and when Ginko made those cute reactions that was perfect.
Jun 15, 2022 1:32 AM

Jan 2020
Just the fact that, twice now by the way, Ai has reacted like this to another girl is gross. She's 9, acting like a jealous housewife whose caught their husband cheating. If this show didn't do stuff like this, and maintained a wholesome relationship between Ai and Kuzu, I think it would be more successful. There was certainly nothing wrong with Barakamon.

Also, twice now by the way, that a child has used sexual euphemisms to incite a misunderstanding. With the second Ai mentioning that Kuzu is, "teaching her all kinds of things move by move." Clearly this show is doing that on purpose as even the characters who aren't directly involved are recognizing how ridiculous the situation is. Going so far as to point it out to Kuzu, who seems to brush it off himself. Even though he clearly wants to keep the whole thing on the downlow because of "how it might look."

At the end of the day this show is nothing but pure loli bait that does little other than glorify that troupe.

Keika is too good for this anime. I feel like this show made her lose to a child too simply further criticize older characters and show how much better kids are. This is further reinforced by the last line of this very episode: "Grade schoolers are the best."

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 8, 2022 11:30 PM

Jul 2019
Yaichi is dense and weird, Ginko is angry and so far quite unlikeable, Blue Ai is too jealous and clingy and Red Ai is rude and annoying. Yet I find it quite entertaining and I enjoy watching it. Maybe not becasue of the characters or the actual shogi so why? I can't be all Keika? I feel bad for her.
Jun 10, 2023 10:35 PM

Feb 2019
Yaichi's got his hands full with those two Ais lol
Nov 2, 2023 9:55 AM

Dec 2022
Ginko would probably benefit from being more honest with Yaichi. Hinatsuru and even Yashijin are much less distant than her.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 16, 2023 6:56 PM

Nov 2023
Man, what the fuck lmao
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2018

94 by basspig »»
Feb 27, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2018

112 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2018

68 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2018

104 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2018

65 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.