Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Feb 23, 2013 12:54 AM

Jun 2012
While I agree that this show seemed to be confused about what it was trying to be, I actually rather enjoyed this show.

For the first ten episodes, it felt like there wasn't a plot at all, and then suddenly in the last two episodes tons of things happen and the situation escalates very quickly and before I knew it people were being held hostage at gunpoint. It all felt rather rushed and unorganized.

Despite this, however, I enjoyed the show for what it is. While the show may not have been able to decide what it wanted to be, it didn't ruin the show (for me).

I appreciated the military setting as I find all aspects of the military very interesting. The thing I liked most about it though is that even as unserious as the characters acted, I felt that the military theme was played out rather well. I've seen a few other anime that take place in the military (or something similar to a military) and it never really felt like they were actually soldiers, nor did it feel like they were actually in a military. This show, however, felt like it actually did take place in a military. I know that probably made no sense but I have no other way to explain how I felt about it in words.

While most people were hoping and praying that they would see serious and mature war drama and a big bloodbath in the last two episodes, I feel that the show was actually better off taking the route that it did.

This show is far from perfect and in many cases it feels like the authors couldn't figure out where they wanted the story to go, but it is far from terrible. I disagree with most of the people in this discussion thread and believe this is a rather enjoyable anime, although I will not go so far as to say the anime is great or amazing.

It's a good anime that was enjoyable to watch but unfortunately the plot had trouble developing itself and the ending seemed rather rushed. It's not a must-see anime but I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

8/10
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Feb 23, 2013 1:30 AM

Jan 2013
Was going to rate it a 6/10 till the last 2 episodes.

Now it's a 7/10
May 11, 2013 6:04 AM

Sep 2012
This show needs more recognition.
Sep 16, 2013 3:39 PM

Dec 2012
Damn based off some of the comments here it's like people went into this expecting the second coming of FMA:B and that there needed to be a few deaths for this to be good. I really like this series as a whole, splendid ending. It was interesting to learn that there were two versions of that story about the maidens. The parts where Aisha forgave Noel and Kanata started playing Amazing Grace were the most powerful.

For something I picked up on the whim of cute girls/cute things, it certainly delivered so much more and I'll easily remember this one. Overall 8/10
Oct 21, 2013 1:38 AM
Aug 2011
The cute girls doing cute things moments did not balance well enough with the military moments.
The two didn't even meet halfway. Just another title to add to my forgettable series list.
Nov 3, 2013 11:47 PM

Sep 2012
Meh, I was expecting more focus on the military aspect but it didn't.
The MC tought she was having an adventure in Neo Venezia rather than being a soldier.
The setting had so much potential but we didn't see anything about this post-apocaliptic world.
If only every episode were like ep 07 it would have been a great anime.
7/10
Dec 1, 2013 4:15 PM

Jun 2013
AirStyles said:
I really do want to give it 7 or 8 because of the messages it carried, but the execution is simply not there.

MelbShaw said:
For some reason I really like this anime but it feels like there should be more.

RazielZero said:
My main problem was how light the 3/4 of the anime was. It was a bit more than it should have been. The reason is that the 'sudden' change to the more serious theme was a bit rushed because of this.

I really wanted to love this show, and truth be told it has its moments. But after wasting far too many episodes, the plot finally kicks in during the second to last episode, leaving not enough time to tell a proper story, and forcing a quick resolution. This episode wrapped up everything as best as it could, but it felt forced.

I really liked a lot of the themes in this series, especially the mishmash of cultures and different views of the same religious/historical event, and these last two episodes show what this series could have been. But like many of the people I've quoted here said, the execution is flawed and the direction is very unclear and indecisive.

Regardless, I still very much enjoyed this series for what it is, and what it tried to be. Love the OP, I'll be listening to that a lot. Limited edition box set is still on sale on Rightstuf, and I'm still considering buying that to show my support for this occasionally ambitious series.

Jauregui said:
The MC tought she was having an adventure in Neo Venezia rather than being a soldier.

I kept thinking this as well, but this is not necessarily a bad thing. This show could have been a bit of ARIA and Haibane Renmei, or Now and Then Here and There, either of which would have been great, but they could never seem to decide between them unfortunately. This is still a worthwhile watch though, for the great moments when they get it right.
Godot325Dec 1, 2013 4:24 PM
Dec 5, 2013 3:27 AM

Jul 2013
Had to hold back tears, it seemed the reaction on both sides made it obviously apparent that the majority of the soldiers didn't want to re-start the war. They were so entranced by Kana-chan's rendition of "Amazing Grace" that they couldn't move. Luckily that was the case because a stray bullet here and there especially by a soldier on either side who wants the war to keep going and kills Kanata while she's playing the trumpet. The part with Aisha forgiving Noel was very touching and I was hella relieved that Aisha and everybody else didn't die at the end of this episode. I also don't think Rio lied to the Roman Emperor, I believe like someone stated earlier in the previous episodes, that Helvetia was more than happy to find out that her Dad had another child albeit an illegitimate one and thus made her recognized as next in line because Iliya died. Seriously, dat Takemikazuchi tho:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dubba_d/8552895769/
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Dec 13, 2013 3:39 PM

Aug 2008
biggest behinds in all anime evah, tho it was really enjoyable show.
Dec 19, 2013 11:49 AM

May 2010
even though a trumpet isn't likely to stop 2 armies, i cried
Fiction Responsibly
Dec 24, 2013 12:57 PM
Aug 2012
fantastic anime, real good time watching it
Jan 2, 2014 9:59 PM

Aug 2012
Amazing , I had a blast
Jan 26, 2014 12:40 PM

Jan 2013
AirStyles said:
Definitely could be better.

The messages are there, though it's not delivered well most of the time. It's still a meaningful watch, several parts can be pretty thought provoking.

6/10.

I really do want to give it 7 or 8 because of the messages it carried, but the execution is simply not there.

This is exactly what I want to say. The themes they were trying to deliver only came halfway really. MC is constantly getting lost but that's ok since it can lead to new opportunities. MC is able to hear perfect pitches from the start but learns how to play her bugle well. Then we have those eps with the bootlegging and saving the kid in the storm which were nice stories but ended there. Also they never really explained anything about the ghost in that school unless it was supposed to be Illya and I missed it.

The final arc was good in the sense that it drove home the point of sound resonating with all humans and how both sides new the famous song Amazing Grace. I did get a bit teary here.

One big thing I'll say is that this borrows so much from Muv-Luv Alternative that it can't just be a coincidence.
>Takemikazeguchi
>Familial lineage important in war
>Old lady doesn't want to leave her home
>almost all girl squads

Just a few examples. There were also too many QUALITY moments. Normally this doesn't bother me but it was in literally every single episode. The soundtrack was strong though and was a nice addition. The moe and drama did not mix well either and took away from the seriousness of some of the situations. Overall 6/10 like the guy I quoted. Nice story and worth watching but too many flaws to overlook.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Apr 11, 2014 10:02 AM

Feb 2012
This was truly something special; reminiscent of Aria yet patently concerning of a different issue.

The culture flair that was given to the townspeople plus the general landscapes reminded me a lot of 'Whom the Bell Tolls' by Hemingway, and there seems to be some overlaps in terms of themes too (there is no meaning in this world so one has to create one for himself, post-WWI disillusionsionment, etc).

Never thought that a peaceful ending to a war would be more powerful than one that goes out with a full boom. Looks like Sora no Woto is the one exception, and that it procures its central theme of the need for solitude quite eventfully with the soothing trumpet sound and charming cast.

We could always do with a second season, but the OVA is more than enough to add some fine touches.

I don't really see any problems with the character designs being "moe." At all. The characters have substance to back them up, so what's it to say that they can't be animated in a certain cutesy style. People who dismiss this anime for its art designs are acting under presumptuous acts, and well, its their loss in the end.

I'll definitely re-watch some other time. Great show.
May 17, 2014 9:46 AM

Dec 2010
I found the slice of life episodes to be the best. They should've either made this a full slice of life or a depressing post-apocalypse series and go deeper into that whole angel stuff.

They tried to mix the two things together, which kinda failed, and in the end we didn't really get a very good conclusion with little to no chance of a second season that will resolve it.

It was an OK watch, but not more, sadly. The whole "post-apocalypse brought on by angels that were sent by God to punish humans" thing would've been an epic watch if done right...

7/10
Jun 14, 2014 6:48 PM

May 2012
Pretty impressive and action filled ending I must say, quite liked how everything ended and resolved and I do wonder what the 13th special have to offer but well other than that this series itself was pretty lovely in its own way combining old and new technology and a musical concept all together in a relaxing and suiting girl military atmosphere! All in all a pretty good anime. 7/10
Sep 15, 2014 2:53 AM

Sep 2013
phantom19 said:

One big thing I'll say is that this borrows so much from Muv-Luv Alternative that it can't just be a coincidence.
>Takemikazeguchi
>Familial lineage important in war
>Old lady doesn't want to leave her home
>almost all girl squads
<Takemikazeguchi is just a deity. If they started taking tons of aircraft fighter names though, then I'd be concerned.
<Not really the same point in both series, they're not twins (and they don't even look alike) and Rio isn't mortally disadvantaged by her birth.
<Happens all the time, and people always die in these occasions.
<Only their squad (and Filicia's previous squad) in particular, really. It would have made sense anyway, they went through three eras of war.

I can see how you formed this conclusion but it's simply because they both tried to portray a post-war environment (although Muv-Luv Alternative did this to a FAR much greater extent).

I'm glad that no one ended up dying in this anime, pointless deaths will be sending the wrong signals here. It's call the "Sound of the Sky" not the "Sound of FMA: B". As much as you say that "it didn't know what it wanted to be", this series was primarily about hope (through the medium of music), deep war aspects are not necessary in the portrayal of this message.

They probably could have fast-tracked the pacing a bit to this last part, two of the episodes in particular were not necessary. Contrary to what some of you think, the usage of SoL here was brilliant WHEN it was exploring/giving context to either the world of the characters. SoL and the character design give the impression of a more peaceful age, which was exactly what the anime was trying to do.
nep-nepSep 15, 2014 2:56 AM
Oct 8, 2014 6:09 PM

Jul 2012
Somewhat thought provoking but the underaged [moe] girls in military theme prevented me from taking it seriously at all. Really bland characters and too many yuri undertones as well. Plus, the fact that the MC kept on naming the pitches wrong annoyed me.

AirStyles said:
Definitely could be better.

The messages are there, though it's not delivered well most of the time. It's still a meaningful watch, several parts can be pretty thought provoking.

6/10.

Same.
Feb 15, 2015 6:30 PM

Oct 2013
A okay/fun watch, nothing to special but mostly enjoyable.

Feb 21, 2015 7:14 AM
Mar 2014
I loved the series! They've managed to make everyone's appearance in the show feel really justified, gave them the amount of background information they deserved and just overall managed to make as much as they could out of these twelve episodes. To me, Sora no Woto felt much like an extended Ghibli movie, and that's something great in my book. Now I'm just kind of sad that they'll most likely never continue the story, they've managed to wrap everything up rather nicely.
Feb 27, 2015 12:57 PM

May 2013
They end a war between 2 small countries with a trumpet but at the end of the day they're just uniting to better fight against nearby empires until the end times finally finishes humanity off.

Pretty bittersweet.
Mar 3, 2015 7:19 PM

Aug 2014
Last 3-4 episodes bumped this from a 5/10 to 7/10 for me. Good show.
May 27, 2015 2:59 AM

Jul 2013

No ambition whatsoever but at least the soundtrack was nice.
KuruwinMay 27, 2015 3:02 AM
Jul 30, 2015 6:24 PM

Jan 2010
Rewatching Sora no Woto, it's a lot more sillier than I remembered. A quarter of the way through and I was questioning why I liked it in the first place. Then, episodes 5, 7, and the episodes after 9 reminded me of my original opinion. Actually wait, it was the small moments that pulled the whole show together. I actually have to thank AuroraFlame's review for pointing out how Sora no Woto set up its character episodes. Rather than having singular episodes or arcs dedicated to its characters, Sora no Woto introduces their plights with an initial episode, moves on to other plots, then returns to each character in turn, making for a diversified experience that's always changing in pace and tone. Yet, it's all so consistently calm and cheerful, with loads of melancholic feelings hidden away under layers of past regrets.

Also, in rewatching Sora no Woto, I'm surprised at how similar it was to K-On. It has been 4 years since I first watched Sora no Woto, so it has also been 4 years since I last watched it. In my memories, it resembled Haibane Renmei far more than K-On, the latter comparison being akin to an insult. Now, Sora no Woto actually feels like K-On in the far future, where the cast have reincarnated in another time and place, reunited by the same music which brought them together initially. It's an interesting scenario to think about: how have the characters' base personalities changed over time as they were reborn? How were they affected by how the world had changed? Thinking of Sora no Woto like that, it in turn makes Sora no Woto feel closer to Haibane Renmei.

To deny that Sora no Woto's moe characteristics is turning a blind eye to half the show. At the same time, Sora no Woto doesn't move from cutesy slice of life to drama linearly, nor does it flip back and forth haphazardly. Instead, both exist simultaneously. The characters treasure their carefree, fun-filled lives because they're constantly trying to move on from past tragedies. This show, while sillier than what I remembered, got more respect out of me upon this second viewing.
Sep 23, 2015 9:23 AM

May 2012
I really like what the series was trying to do, i just wish it had been more focused and less slice of lifey in the middle and worked to develop the characters and setting a little more than it did, i would like to give the series a higher rating, but the series as a whole was kinda disappointing to be completely honest
Nov 10, 2015 8:44 AM

Jul 2014
How can Kanata hear a bugle playing from miles away? It makes no sense!

Lol, one of the Takemikazuchi commands is FAP.

lol, Seiya is Tsundere for Kanata.

Was there supposed to be an emotional impact from everyone in town holding off the army? Almost none of them had been interacted with, so why should we care?

And of course they would stop a war by playing Amazing Grace. Given how everyone in this show seems to get a boner from that song (even the girls somehow), it only makes sense.

The producers chickened out at the very last second from showing actual conflict. I was highly disappointed at that, considering how boring the rest of this show was.

2/5 for the episode.

Overall, pretty much everything noteDhero commented on regarding this show holds true.

The show tries too hard to have emotional impact, but it failed at that. Mostly because they focused on characters who had very little relevance before that point, if any. First was Filicia, which I didn't care about her backstory because we didn't know anything about her before that point, and second was the old lady from episode 10, who literally was never seen before or mentioned since.

The rest of the episodes were pretty damn boring, but besides episode 8, were inoffensive.

It's pretty obvious that the producers of this show wanted to make a show about cute girls (during wartime!) to capitalise on the moe craze that everyone was getting infected by in 2010-2011 (and is still going).

The biggest problem with this show is that it doesn't know what type of show it wants to be. A slice-of-life show? A thought-provoking war drama? Because it failed at both of those. I don't know what type of show it wants to be either. All I know is that I didn't care for it.

Final rating: either a 3 or 4 out of 10. Probably a 3 though.

Rathma said:
Didn&#039;t I say in the last thread: LOVE & PEACE! xD

Don't you dare bring Trigun into this.
D-ohnutsNov 12, 2015 4:40 PM
Nov 14, 2015 6:09 AM

Apr 2009
I just thought that episode 7 was the turning pointof this show. But I guess not.
CHEESE ending! 6/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2016 10:09 PM

Aug 2012
It was pretty neat how the insert song sequence in the first episode foreshadowed the insert song sequence in this one.

But it just seemed like the military part of the setting only became relevant in the last few episodes. It had some good standalone episodes but as a whole the series was pretty lacking. At least it actually had an ending.

4/5 episode, 5/10 anime
Feb 4, 2016 7:49 PM

Nov 2013
I really, really wanted to like this show. It had a very intriguing setting that was filled to the brim with history and culture. The background art was quite beautiful and lent itself well to the show's overall atmosphere. Sora no Woto was at its best when it simply let the characters live their lives in this fascinating world.

Unfortunately I wasn't so fond of most other aspects of the show. I found the storytelling to be rather bland at times and the drama weak. And as the show neared its end, it tossed out many of its strengths to introduce a plot that lacked an impactful conclusion because it was far too late for it to develop into anything interesting. Ultimately there was little depth to anything other than the worldbuilding.

Sora no Woto isn't a bad show by any means. I guess I'm just a bit disappointed with the direction that the show went in. It would have been so much better if it had remained a SoL show focused on exploring the world and unraveling its secrets.
Feb 20, 2016 12:42 PM

Jul 2013
How predictably convenient. Their tank can sustain that many bullets, is it like some overpowered stuff that only main characters have. Kanata just had to blow some trumpet and the soldiers stood still for the exact amount of time until Rio came and end the war with the Royal Peace Treaty through marriage which of course we all know in this generic moe anime, a lesbian as she is doesn't put any feeling in this marriage.

And how easy going for a princess, going around the country with no worry whatsoever, using her new-wedded husband, the emperor with absolute power, as a tool to get back to her happy daily life as a soldier, to get close to the girls and do lesbian stuffs. This is too easily convenient that it triggered me nonstop and I can't hold it back.

The whole maiden and angel thing is absolute useless in this series, I thought it would make some big impact to the plot but that's it, episode 1 and this last episode are the only two episodes that are mentioned.

Overall I gave this series a 2/10. What a waste of good potential. Creators should stop putting moe in everything they can think of. It can only fit with degenerates. These moe sh*t can go to hell.
Aug 25, 2016 4:00 AM

Feb 2015
noteDhero said:
L-A-M-E

I'm in awe of a lot of the scores this show is getting. The show was successful at very little, and Kanata heard a trumpet from miles away. The way music was portrayed in this show is downright laughable, and borderline offensive to anyone who's ever played an instrument. But honestly, I let all that slide when she learned to play the cornet not from her teacher, but from a random glass blower.

Nothing about this show felt authentic, organic, plausible, or fresh. Everything was trite, banal, over-used, and cliched. If you want thrilling atmosphere and beautiful art direction, I could come up with 10 series off the top of my head that are far better while actually having content to keep the ride entertaining.

Bleh.

4/10

Thank you for saying what I felt after I finished this big waste of time. I also agree with your rating, but I may have rated it 3/10. Nothing can excuse such a miserable dramaturgy. I hope the director and producer were fired for good after this mess.

And to those who liked it: Congratulations on your refined taste and intellect.
Sep 5, 2016 4:11 PM
Feb 2013
OutWithYou said:
noteDhero said:
L-A-M-E

I'm in awe of a lot of the scores this show is getting. The show was successful at very little, and Kanata heard a trumpet from miles away. The way music was portrayed in this show is downright laughable, and borderline offensive to anyone who's ever played an instrument. But honestly, I let all that slide when she learned to play the cornet not from her teacher, but from a random glass blower.

Nothing about this show felt authentic, organic, plausible, or fresh. Everything was trite, banal, over-used, and cliched. If you want thrilling atmosphere and beautiful art direction, I could come up with 10 series off the top of my head that are far better while actually having content to keep the ride entertaining.

Bleh.

4/10

Thank you for saying what I felt after I finished this big waste of time. I also agree with your rating, but I may have rated it 3/10. Nothing can excuse such a miserable dramaturgy. I hope the director and producer were fired for good after this mess.

And to those who liked it: Congratulations on your refined taste and intellect.

You are just thinking too hard on the lacks and missing the good parts of the show.
Too bad for you.
We are talking about a fictional work here.
There is no strict rule on how something should be narrated.
Saying that it has some plot related problems may be a problem but saying that it wasn't enjoyable?
3/10? 4/10?
Also coming from someone who drops anime and rates them after just 1 or 2 episodes.
Don't make me laugh.

EDIT: Oregairu=4?
Dropping a masterpiece at episode 2 and rate it 4...
And you dare talking about intellect hahahahaahahahahahahahah
CheatrealSep 5, 2016 4:18 PM
Dec 2, 2016 7:39 PM

Mar 2015
The legend becomes a reality. Angel, Fire Maiden and Giant spider.

3/5

Overall: 6/10
Dec 9, 2016 8:09 AM

Mar 2016
Moe girls are all about being as selfish as possible when it comes to their ideals, because it's supposed to be cute and inspiring, but add this to a military setting and it's a disaster. Am I really supposed to cheer when 'ara ara' girl pulls the gun on the Colonel? Who the fuck cares. What was the plan, to massacre their own troops and stop a war, why not go after the enemy if it's all the same? There are tons of flaws in this series, the ending only makes it even more disappointing.
Apr 21, 2017 11:15 AM

Jun 2013
Princess Rio saves the day with the power of marriage! Just as expected from the coolest and most independent character on the show. But what am I saying, everything is back to normal now because the emperor is apparently the chillest bro ever, and lets his wife go back to the girls. I wonder why he even wanted to go to war if he's such a kind and understanding fella.

Okay, maybe it wasn't the worst thing ever. At least the music was pretty good, there was some spectacle and it wasn't boring either. The scene where Kureha and everyone else is crying was done pretty well by itself, I just couldn't take it seriously because of everything else. The show as a whole was average and immature, but it was charming sometimes, and the soundtrack was kind of cool.

I was struggling to find any sort of meaning in the series, so I turned to the internet for help, and it paid off! Here are some interesting articles I just found about the show:
LeeTailorApr 21, 2017 1:46 PM
Apr 25, 2017 1:01 PM
Apr 2017
this anime is not for some sad people who just want every one to die , like entermirai pedophiism , haizz no wonder more people hate anime , thank to you guys
May 8, 2017 6:25 AM

May 2010
God this anime. Made me shed tears like 3 times. Thats a huge accomplishment. Loved everything about it. I love the whole cast, so precious. 10/10

And I agree with the above moment l o l
May 14, 2017 6:11 PM

Dec 2013
Ah, this ended really nice.
The whole series is surprisingly good! The drama, conflict, characters and music were really good.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jul 20, 2017 10:43 PM

Oct 2012
So they're the fire maidens

Couldn't ask for better ending
That was pretty satisfying end
Especially no one died
I love a story with no dead people involved xD

This is pretty good original anime
Better than other "Anime no chikara"
I need another "Anime no chikara" :(
"Signature removed"
Jul 22, 2017 9:29 AM

Feb 2012
The grand finally of this anime did more to highlight its flaws than do show what it did right.The ending was so generic and contrived that it destroy what little enjoyment I had left in this anime. Ideally, the ending of a story comes about through the natural consequences of the actions taken by the characters trying to achieve their personal goals. The ending for this anime twisted the story to allowed the ending to justify the actions of the characters even though there was no early evidence their actions would even lead to this ending.

I also find it ironic that things would have turned out better if they had just done what they were supposed to do in the beginning. A phone call to the capital would have told them that a peace treaty had been signed and avoid taking actions to start a war. That would also put a stop to the Colonel because he would now be forced to get guidance from higher when he was actively trying to avoid it. Aisha would have been pardoned because it was likely due to Rio pardoning her in the anime that she was able to go back to her country.

My biggest issue with the ending stems from the fact that most modern stories never spend the effort to try to understand war. They say war is bad and leave it at that. The trend of history says that those two countries will most likely fight another war in 20-60 years. Peace treaties between two countries that are at equal footing almost never properly address the core issues that caused the war in the first place, so those same issues will usually cause another war a generation or two later.

I also want to point out that rebellions and civil wars tend to be the most brutal wars fought, and they are wars between people who actually understand each other. It's a case where understanding the other side makes the violence worse.
Sep 15, 2017 4:40 AM

Oct 2015
yeah yeah, they stop the war but were was the fun in that for me. They should have fought the Romans period are they not soldiers, ah for me they sucked but because i liked the series at first i am going to give it 5/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 16, 2017 4:08 PM

Feb 2012
lol @ Seiya's crush on Kanata

I like how Kanata's comrades from the train return. Tying up lose ends.

Did anyone else notice that the sakura momentarily went the wrong way during the credits? I know it's likely wind blowing it but its so jarring

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 18, 2017 3:08 PM

Aug 2016
I am actually surprised how many people dislike this anime having wrong expectations about at and not being able to look into true brilliance of the series.
Dec 2, 2017 8:23 AM

Aug 2013
9/10.
Beautiful SOL series with more serious ending arc. I really liked direction in this series. Art quality is top notch too. What can I say, I wish for more series like this one.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 2, 2017 12:19 PM
Nov 2010
SilentNox said:
I am actually surprised how many people dislike this anime having wrong expectations about at and not being able to look into true brilliance of the series.

That's me! 5/10

There was no plot and I contemplated dropping it after every episode. It would have be cool if I went in just expecting a SoL. However, I didn't. So I kept pushing through, hoping something would develop and getting my dreams crushed. The last two episode were probably the most engaging. The music was just forced.

Although I do really like SoL, I still found the SoL episodes mediocre. The anime did air in 2010, so perhaps it was good for it's time.
Apr 28, 2018 4:22 AM
Dec 2017
I liked the development on last 3 episodes but it was kinda too late, I'd say.. this show had a potential but unfortunetaly, they just wasted it.
Also I couldnt still accept the ending since Rio will still gonna marry the Emperor.. its absolutely messed up T_T
Mikii_Apr 28, 2018 4:37 AM
Aug 27, 2018 2:54 PM
Sep 2015
Wait this was the final episode?
What happened with the Angel Fossil? And why isn't there life on the ocean anymore? Can someone explain these plot holes?

I'm confused, overall it was good I guess but I expected more. I can't tell what went wrong, but I guess it was too edgy at times and fanservice was annoying. Also the characters have the same personalities as every anime squad (you have the kind one, the childish one, the mature one etc. and as always the MC is a dumbhead)
Sep 14, 2018 10:51 AM

Aug 2015
10/10 overall
this needs a s2 ;w;

@JOELbedulla

there's still ep 7.5 and ep13
the angel fossils still down there i guess
theres no life in the oceans due to the wars i guess? maybe the desertification they talked about had something to do with it as well, idk xd
Jan 7, 2019 9:39 PM

Mar 2017
I'd' give this a 6/10. It was a decent watch and had a few good moments. Not consistent enough to give anything higher and probably don't see myself re-visiting/re watching anytime. I feel Girls' Last Tour gives similar themes/feelings as this, but better to me.
Apr 12, 2019 12:15 PM

Jan 2011
This is the sequel to NGE and you can't change my mind
supreme master of the godtaste
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Nakei - Feb 1, 2010

118 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nakei - Jan 18, 2010

160 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 25, 10:15 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kerlyenai - Feb 15, 2010

142 by James-LastOmnic »»
Jan 19, 9:11 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Feb 22, 2010

140 by NECROMANCER_2003 »»
Jan 6, 2:27 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

SFB - Mar 15, 2010

219 by antoninus_v »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.