Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
May 13, 2019 1:28 AM

Nov 2013
Pretty good. Kinda annoyed how badly the plot was paced though. Hardly anything storywise happens so the anime has to rush to tie up loose ends in the last two episodes.

That said, the world had me intrigued, the characters were loveable, and it had some great music.

7/10 story was weak, but otherwise, it was good.

Jul 8, 2019 9:36 PM
Jul 2018
And all it went according to what I predicted happen- Rio will make a comeback, very happy ending and of course there will be trumpet blown like how the show started but I am surprised they didn't bother using different music at all.

Overall this is yet another original show that really fails in execution and feels like towards the end writers don't know what they were doing randomly inserted dark edgy past story that doesn't flow well with the story at all. It started quite nice but little by little introducing serious plot device element didn't mash up well with bright tone. Yes this is 100% moeblob show (on the other hand, they dont have to look moe. Just using cute voice will be enough) and totally ruined the basic premise at the end.
Still not gonna lie, I do admit sometime I felt it had Haibane Renmei feels on some part of first half thought potential to be greater but then realised the show just failed to deliver its own premise to begin with.
Oct 23, 2019 4:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The end was pretty good and surprising.
Overall is was good, some boring episodes but some really good
7/10
Jan 12, 2020 4:54 PM

Jul 2011
So Ra No Wo To is one of those shows that make me glad I still watch anime.

Too bad all the brainlets complaining about the story in a slice of life show where the story was never the point couldn't appreciate it more.
May 17, 2020 6:35 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was some finale! Certainly signed off in style, to say the least.

Kanata mastering the "Amazing Grace" was a pleasure to listen to and the halt in the advancements goes to show just that music, or at least this track, is synonymous to all. Personally, I got a similar feeling to this from the whole scene and I appreciate the notion.

Rio-senpai intervening at that convenient time was really a save though. Hard to imagine she'd be able to stop the fight if the two armies were already at each other, as such.

Can't deny that the whole course of events over the last two episodes felt a little overplayed though. More so considering how abruptly the final plot was introduced and such.

Definitely enjoyed this ride a lot and the Sound Department + Animation Quality, in particular, were fantastic! Character Developments during the early and mid-phases were pretty good too, in my opinion.

As such, I reckon a solid 7/10 is appropriate for this show.

I just want to end off by saying that I've learnt a fair bit on the "Anime no Chikara" project and read through the Aniplex President's interview on ANN (2012), and it's amazing to think that this show was literally like a stepping-stone for Guilty Crown, Anohana and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. For that, I offer my sincerest gratitude to all that was a part of this and to the show.

Edit: Forgot to mention about the Op. Another fantastic Kalafina song and the visuals were very similar to Elfen Lied (same Director after all, I suppose) which was certainly unusual but cool nonetheless.
_MushiRock11_May 17, 2020 7:35 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 31, 2020 3:26 AM
Aug 2020
This Anime series is good.
Overall ratings 7
Actually I like first 5-7ep are really good
Apr 29, 2021 5:19 AM

Feb 2020
Well, this was an okay show. I liked the first couple of episodes a lot, but then this became a little boring.

SerafosMar 22, 10:31 PM
May 2, 2021 8:27 AM

Aug 2017
Poor communication between both sides and a generic evil Colonel almost sparked another war. The plot point about the priest knowing Rio was completely abadoned and never mentioned again. Heh, I don't know why Filicia kidnapped her own Colonel in the first place. For a second, I thought they're going to die in the spider tank. How Kanata predicted Rio coming out again? Things just happen. Finally, Rio's returning back to the 1121 Platoon and Aisha returning to the Romans is kinda silly, especially from Rio part, knowing she's the fucking Roman Emperor's fiancee. I could understand if she was visiting them or at least they were going to visit her. Its a clear example that you shouldn't complicate an anime that was not originally like that.

This anime had an interesting concept but it failed to deliver. Sometimes Soranowoto obviously wanted the viewers to feel touched several times whereas I just rolled my eyes. Too much focus on the slice of life random parts at the beginning. Its kinda ironic cuz the SOL parts weren't good to begin. I predicted this anime was too scared of killing characters outside flashbacks and maybe the old woman...I was correct. And the obvious plagiarism to some K-on designs is out of place. One of the worst shows from Winter 2010. I'm glad this anime never had a second season after 11 years. Some things must be forgotten. 3/10 for the anime.
NurguburuMay 2, 2021 9:22 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 5, 2021 3:34 AM

Oct 2019
Holy heck, it's felt like watching K-On but with war as background, except there isn't any war on-screen, and main cast soldiers aren't big and sweaty man but cute girls doing moe moe kyun thingy while playing troumpets sometimes. Overall quite enjoyable if you appreciate slice of life genre but boring if you're looking for lolis doing bloodshed with tank.
Jun 16, 2021 1:47 PM

Jun 2019
My 20th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it an 8/10 rating.
Mar 6, 2022 1:39 PM

Nov 2017
This last episode was definitely tense.

Filicia went crouching tiger, hidden bad ass when she pointed a gun Hopkin's head. That scene with Noel and Aisha saying she forgives her was awesome!

It was also interesting hearing about the Roman story of the Fire Maidens.

The situation didn't look good at all, but I'm glad in the end everything took a more peaceful turn. Rio made a comeback in more ways than one!
Mar 7, 2022 6:42 AM
Aug 2021
The story does not make sense.
the amazing grace solo is way too over used.
characters are all straight-up annoying.
Cabbage_CatMar 7, 2022 6:44 PM
Aug 29, 2022 1:57 PM
Oct 2017
amazing grace scene
Dec 17, 2022 6:45 PM
Feb 2022
the amount of people getting disappointed, even well into the later episodes, that this isnt a war sim is completely ridiculous.

“even the finale had no bloodshed! this anime sucks”

WHY did you watch this then? especially to the end? this is not in that genre, and it is plainly obvious from the very first episode.

it’s not what i expected either but i appreciate it for what it is. it should be showing its age by now yet the quality of the production on a whole is higher than a large amount of shows still coming out.

for that reason, and that i genuinely wanted to keep finding out what happens, i gave it an 8
Jan 17, 11:28 AM
Jan 2024
i really disliked it in the begging but the end was beatiful
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Nakei - Feb 1, 2010

118 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nakei - Jan 18, 2010

160 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 25, 10:15 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kerlyenai - Feb 15, 2010

142 by James-LastOmnic »»
Jan 19, 9:11 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Feb 22, 2010

140 by NECROMANCER_2003 »»
Jan 6, 2:27 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

SFB - Mar 15, 2010

219 by antoninus_v »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.