Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kokkoku: Moment by Moment
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 4, 2018 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The mystery thickens...

One thing that I really find this show appealing is that they give almost all the characters some important role. This week, we got more of Shouko after her recent discovery. Felt more like a development episode though with the pacing.

Kinda felt bad for the young kid this episode as he had no idea what was in store for him. The uncle came at the neck of time. Hearing about the Herald again gives me the creeps.
Feb 4, 2018 8:41 AM

Apr 2010
A cliffhanger ones again and things where getting good.
We learned a few things ones again and Yuri and the others girls pasts are also coming into play.
They are drawn towards each other but the question that remains is what will happen ones they confront each other.
Guess they will have some explaining to do.
Feb 4, 2018 9:19 AM

Oct 2014
The only character who has grown at all was stabbed… ok then. I’m still holding out hope for this show. They’re still adding more and more rules to stasis. Rules are cool and all for a sci-fi story, but are you going to do anything interesting with them?? Then the badass woman was asked for sex in return for helping her find her family, and she accepted???

At least they acknowledge the bad morals of certain characters as ba, but where's the punishment. The badass lady's father beat his kids, but this is just played off as normal. No consequence. We even see him portrayed angelically when his Herald appears.
Feb 4, 2018 9:23 AM

Aug 2017
WHERE I CAN SEE THE EPISODE?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 4, 2018 9:35 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
LMFAO that sudden ''sex'' approach and Majima's face had me rolling.

Can you really turn Herald's back into humans? What is the Herald's real objective (it was questioned in this episode)?

That cliffhanger again! I hope, that blood was from the attacker.
Feb 4, 2018 10:03 AM

Jan 2012
Damn, major death flags for Tsubasa. As I said from the start none of the family's lives really felt safe to me except Juri and maybe Gramps so I'm not surprised, but I woulda picked the dad as the first to go if any of them had to honestly. He's the least likeable. I'm not quite convinced Tsubasa is dead yet though for two reasons. That preview where Juri mentioned something "strange" happening to him, could that mean something other than death? Was that brief figure we saw in the preview him? Plus this show's general tendency to not payoff on these kinda cliffhangers in the past leaves me skeptical. We'll see either way next week. Either way now we got Majima's motivations. Her whole family got turned into heralds and she wants to release them, even as bones. I loved the bluntness behind that one dude wanting to fuck her, but Juri played the role of cockblocker by taking him out nearly immediately after that little arrangement got made. XD An alliance could definitely form by the end between her and Juri now, wouldn't shock me. I also loved when that one douchebag got his head knocked clean off, now hopefully Tsubasa's would-be assassin gets a similarly gruesome fate next week.
Feb 4, 2018 10:33 AM
Aug 2010
This anime sucks. I appreciate the author for trying something somewhat new and mature, but everything is inconsistent. In the flashback the short black haired girl's family enters stasis and within a minute the father loses his will to live and becomes a Herald like instantly. The mother soon follows suit within 20 seconds and the little brother like 10 seconds after that. Give me a fucking break. Really?

At present they have been stuck in stasis for a good while. The other party has tons of thugs at least like 30+ people on their side all working together to look for the stone and the grandpa. You're telling me after all that time that NONE of them had the a stray thought like, "oh shit, this is my life now, i guess i have to stay here."

For the short haired girl and her family, 100% of the people eventually came to have at least one of those thoughts and it lead to them getting fucked in stasis.

Culture shock affects everyone differently, but statistically speaking with a party that big, 30+ mother fuckers wandering around a land of no time and movement, you would expect AT LEAST ONE FUCKING PERSON to succumb to negative thoughts and become a Herald, especially given the AMOUNT of time they have been stuck here.

The logic in this story is nonsensical and every little tidbit of information given is purely for convenience and to move the story along, but the causality of this world doesn't follow the logic the author is presenting which is a huge disappointment.

LOL and right after writing this I continue the episode with the grandpa and girl CONVENIENTLY teleporting exactly where they need to be inside the building to take the spirit out of that one guy trying to manipulate short black hair girl for sex to help her, AFTER grandpa explicitly states he can't control the teleporting well.... come on people, how much disbelief do you have to give into to realize this is shit... like honestly.
Feb 4, 2018 10:52 AM
Feb 2018
RebelPanda said:
The only character who has grown at all was stabbed… ok then. I’m still holding out hope for this show. They’re still adding more and more rules to stasis. Rules are cool and all for a sci-fi story, but are you going to do anything interesting with them?? Then the badass woman was asked for sex in return for helping her find her family, and she accepted???

At least they acknowledge the bad morals of certain characters as ba, but where's the punishment. The badass lady's father beat his kids, but this is just played off as normal. No consequence. We even see him portrayed angelically when his Herald appears.

The "badass chick" saw her entire family die infront of her eyes and grew up without them. Realistically anyone growing up under those circumstances would probably not care so much about something as insignificant as "sex". Plus if it's between not saving your family or fucking some dude and saving your family. It's a no brainier isn't it?

Hitting kids is normal in many places even in the US. Just cause the dad hit them doesn't mean he's terrible.
Feb 4, 2018 10:58 AM
Feb 2018
eedaesung said:
This anime sucks. I appreciate the author for trying something somewhat new and mature, but everything is inconsistent. In the flashback the short black haired girl's family enters stasis and within a minute the father loses his will to live and becomes a Herald like instantly. The mother soon follows suit within 20 seconds and the little brother like 10 seconds after that. Give me a fucking break. Really?

At present they have been stuck in stasis for a good while. The other party has tons of thugs at least like 30+ people on their side all working together to look for the stone and the grandpa. You're telling me after all that time that NONE of them had the a stray thought like, "oh shit, this is my life now, i guess i have to stay here."

For the short haired girl and her family, 100% of the people eventually came to have at least one of those thoughts and it lead to them getting fucked in stasis.

Culture shock affects everyone differently, but statistically speaking with a party that big, 30+ mother fuckers wandering around a land of no time and movement, you would expect AT LEAST ONE FUCKING PERSON to succumb to negative thoughts and become a Herald, especially given the AMOUNT of time they have been stuck here.

The logic in this story is nonsensical and every little tidbit of information given is purely for convenience and to move the story along, but the causality of this world doesn't follow the logic the author is presenting which is a huge disappointment.

LOL and right after writing this I continue the episode with the grandpa and girl CONVENIENTLY teleporting exactly where they need to be inside the building to take the spirit out of that one guy trying to manipulate short black hair girl for sex to help her, AFTER grandpa explicitly states he can't control the teleporting well.... come on people, how much disbelief do you have to give into to realize this is shit... like honestly.

The family had been in the stasis for hours. The dad kinda lost it cause he didn't know what was going on. Mother was grief stricken, as was the boy and the girl. The thugs actually know what's going on, kinda. Plus some believe it to be their religion. It's not exaggerated that they would be more than ready to be content in stasis considering they've been planning this heist for months.

I'm not sure if the grandpa teleported exactly where he wanted. He just telaported into the small room where he wanted. A small room with 3 people inside. They were bound to land near one or two people.
Feb 4, 2018 10:59 AM

Sep 2015
The dude got stabbed and no Herald protected him?! WTF?!
Feb 4, 2018 11:09 AM
May 2015
BluePikmin11 said:

That's because Tsubasa is no longer a Stalled. As long as he has that jellyfish thing in him, someone can kill him without consequence.
Feb 4, 2018 11:12 AM

Aug 2017
I'm glad that we have more screen for Shouko, the only interesting character in this show. The part when the grampa escapes with Juri and Takafumi is too forced. The bad guys are stupid! They knew that the grampa could do that! 3/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 4, 2018 11:17 AM

Mar 2010
Pretty sure Shoko only needs to ask Juri but she won't until near the end because otherways there won't be story
Feb 4, 2018 11:20 AM

Jul 2014
Not as good an episode as usual, but it still flew by despite that. The backstory was interesting enough, but the fact that the three Heralds who appeared just so happened to be her family is kinda suspending disbelief a little too much (there must have been loads of people who ended up as Heralds, so the odds of the three being her family doesn't seem very high, not to mention Heralds seeming to act independently for the most part as there's no real need to work in groups when that powerful).

Oh well, let's see where this cliffhanger ending takes us next week.
Feb 4, 2018 11:23 AM

Mar 2010
YoseiEgg said:
BluePikmin11 said:

That's because Tsubasa is no longer a Stalled. As long as he has that jellyfish thing in him, someone can kill him without consequence.

that always happens, that some don't pay attention and then they complain about plot holes later
Atavistic said:
Not as good an episode as usual, but it still flew by despite that. The backstory was interesting enough, but the fact that the three Heralds who appeared just so happened to be her family is kinda suspending disbelief a little too much (there must have been loads of people who ended up as Heralds, so the odds of the three being her family doesn't seem very high, not to mention Heralds seeming to act independently for the most part as there's no real need to work in groups when that powerful).

Oh well, let's see where this cliffhanger ending takes us next week.

you are taking her perceptions as facts, maybe she's right and maybe she isn't. you are also taking as fact that there are tons of Heralds.
LF2005Feb 4, 2018 11:32 AM
Feb 4, 2018 11:48 AM

Nov 2016
Things keep getting more interesting.

Lol'd hard when that dude just casually asked for sex once things are over.

And what a cliffhanger again,but I'm pretty sure Tsubasa is alright,since we didn't see him getting stabbed,but that cloth.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 4, 2018 11:57 AM

Feb 2009
Awesome epd! The timing for the backstory was spot on, especially given how the last epd ended. We get to see why Shouko has interest in Juri, something I have been wondering for a while. Hearlds only protect those who are stalled, which was made pretty clear last 4 epds.

There's so many questions about this world that we still don't know. The cliffhangers should not detract from the show. There's minor flaws like redundancy with this show, but I am enjoying it a lot so far.
Feb 4, 2018 12:00 PM

May 2009
I'm still not sure I understand how both family got into the same stasis. Maybe it's just me misunderstanding how it works, but I thought each stasis was unique for each timeframe.
Feb 4, 2018 12:10 PM

Sep 2013
Hopefully the brat at the beginning stays dead.
More heralds confirmed and tsubasa stabbed.
Feb 4, 2018 12:14 PM
Feb 2009
It's funny eedaesung because out of your whole list, I don't see a plothole. You are just looking for them. If you are thinking that, Juri and Grandpa teleporting right near the guy who "asked for sex" is a plothole => they teleported in a small room. There is 3 people in it. It's just "one out of 3". Also, it would not have changed a lot of the plot if Juri had taken the other guy instead I think. And she surely would not have taken out the girl. Even if it "missed", they could just teleport and try a next "hit and run attack" later.

However,

eedaesung said:

The other party has tons of thugs at least like 30+ people on their side all working together to look for the stone and the grandpa."

If you are looking for plothole (or at least stuff hapening for plot's sake), I think the fact there is 30 people in the stasis does not make senses. Just a quick exemple : Even with stuff going bad, there were at least five of them just looting shop and having fun with at lady.

So, I'm wondering why they needed 30 guys to take a stone from a grandpa ? Grandpa, which, by the way, they did not know could teleport.

If you want some stuff hapening for "plot's sake", here is just a few I can think of :
1/ Bad guys know their adress. But, they decide not to ambush them right after they used the stone. Anime would be over after 10 minutes.

2/ Bad guys are a religious cult with at least 30+ people but need to hire people in order to kidnap a kid ? When you know this people did not hesitate to strangle one person...

3/ Even considering the bad guys want to "get them" at the kidnap site (for whaterver reason), why do they need to wait to show up after Juri and Grandpa are on the scene ? Why do they arrive after ? Why they did not move the hostage and use them as a ransom against the stone ?

Why ? Beacause otherwise, anime is over in 12 minutes and you did not get this "relief moment" (we saved them !) follwing by (oh crap someone else can move !).

So, basically, yeah, I think the first episode had a lot of problem, but after this, I don't really see some majors plothole which would make me scream "this anime is so stupid".
RukodaimeFeb 4, 2018 12:17 PM
Feb 4, 2018 12:43 PM

Jun 2014
So the black-haired woman's family all became Heralds.....interesting.

I'm sure Tsubasa isn't dead but that made for a decent cliffhanger I suppose.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 4, 2018 2:14 PM

Oct 2017
DeadlyRaven said:
I'm still not sure I understand how both family got into the same stasis. Maybe it's just me misunderstanding how it works, but I thought each stasis was unique for each timeframe.
Its pretty much coincidence where shoukos brother accidentally activates the spell with their stone with sweat? idk, but after that happens the grandpas spell incantation goes off and he calls out aegis which activates it at the same timeframe. So yep, coincidence.
Feb 4, 2018 2:35 PM

Jan 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
So the black-haired woman's family all became Heralds.....interesting.

I'm sure Tsubasa isn't dead but that made for a decent cliffhanger I suppose.

The show and the stalled world would definitely carry more weight if he did die. Things should have their "consequences." Of course, this is just my opinion on what direction the show should take.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Feb 4, 2018 2:40 PM

Mar 2013
shouko san is becoming the best girl.despite juri having the bakugan, the heralds mistery is gaining steam,let''s hope it keeps interesting
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Feb 4, 2018 3:24 PM

Jun 2015
These cliffhangers just keep on piling up. I feel bad for Shouko's family for becoming Heralds. Her expression when that guy asked her to have sex with him was funny. I don't think Tsubasa is going to die.
Feb 4, 2018 6:03 PM
Apr 2016
If Juri and Gramps have powers, then do the other family members? I think at least the Dad should have powers because he was also there when they used the "master" stone to enter Stasis.

Also I bet Tsubasa just got a flesh wound, judging from the preview showing him (possibly) walking around, although he might start to despair and become a Herald / Handler. I wonder how he would escape from the guy with the knife in that situation though?
Phosphophyllite is best gem
Feb 4, 2018 6:09 PM

Jun 2016
I'm surprised the herald didn't show when the guy attempted to stab neet brother maybe he ended up stabbing himself??

tough break he gets a verbal agreement to smash the chic and gets thrown outta stasis dats tuff my guy xD

Also this intro may be the best but its to soon to see.
Feb 4, 2018 9:50 PM

Dec 2014
ok the past reveal was awesome...so if she hadn't found the girl she may also had become a herald like her family.... I hope the brother do not die
Feb 4, 2018 11:45 PM
Feb 2018
Rukodaime said:
It's funny eedaesung because out of your whole list, I don't see a plothole. You are just looking for them. If you are thinking that, Juri and Grandpa teleporting right near the guy who "asked for sex" is a plothole => they teleported in a small room. There is 3 people in it. It's just "one out of 3". Also, it would not have changed a lot of the plot if Juri had taken the other guy instead I think. And she surely would not have taken out the girl. Even if it "missed", they could just teleport and try a next "hit and run attack" later.

However,

eedaesung said:

The other party has tons of thugs at least like 30+ people on their side all working together to look for the stone and the grandpa."

If you are looking for plothole (or at least stuff hapening for plot's sake), I think the fact there is 30 people in the stasis does not make senses. Just a quick exemple : Even with stuff going bad, there were at least five of them just looting shop and having fun with at lady.

So, I'm wondering why they needed 30 guys to take a stone from a grandpa ? Grandpa, which, by the way, they did not know could teleport.

If you want some stuff hapening for "plot's sake", here is just a few I can think of :
1/ Bad guys know their adress. But, they decide not to ambush them right after they used the stone. Anime would be over after 10 minutes.

2/ Bad guys are a religious cult with at least 30+ people but need to hire people in order to kidnap a kid ? When you know this people did not hesitate to strangle one person...

3/ Even considering the bad guys want to "get them" at the kidnap site (for whaterver reason), why do they need to wait to show up after Juri and Grandpa are on the scene ? Why do they arrive after ? Why they did not move the hostage and use them as a ransom against the stone ?

Why ? Beacause otherwise, anime is over in 12 minutes and you did not get this "relief moment" (we saved them !) follwing by (oh crap someone else can move !).

So, basically, yeah, I think the first episode had a lot of problem, but after this, I don't really see some majors plothole which would make me scream "this anime is so stupid".

These are much better "plot holes" than what he said. Who knows why they needed them at that site. Probably wanted them away from the stone? If they were near the stone they could have just gone exited and reentered stasis. Only logical explanation. As for not taking them out in the streets who knows. Maybe just more convenient to wait at the location you know they're gonna be at. I mean they probably didn't think it mattered where they stopped the family. And inside a building is more restrictive than out in the streets. Obviously these are just assumptions.
The cult probably all wanted to be in stasis. Why tell people about stasis when you don't have to? The dude is probably just going to kill the entire cult after he gets the stone anyways. The people who were doing the kidnapping couldn't go into stasis so why not hire someone else. The stone essentially means that money doesn't matter.
Using them as hostage could bring out the herald. Or something and they probably wanted the family confined in a small area or w.e. so they waited for them at the kidnapping site.
I know these are me just stretching it. But anime always has really stupid reasoning. This show doesn't suspend me in disbelief any more than other shows do.
Feb 5, 2018 2:49 AM

Jul 2016
eedaesung said:

You don't have to watch it you know.
Feb 5, 2018 4:03 AM

May 2015
Why would this guy even kill Tsubasa? He had no reason. I mean, it wasn't ordered to him or anything, he could have just capture them or maybe tell the boss about them moving and then ambush. What I saw from other guys, they are just hired by Sagawa and don't care much about anything else. I just find it weird that he was acting on his own.
Feb 5, 2018 4:58 AM

Jan 2013
So, more random things happening. Okay.
Feb 5, 2018 5:39 AM

Mar 2010
DeadlyRaven said:

not sure, but think the spell range of effect is big, also the spell seems to expand from both rocks, what suggest that both rocks where one at some point
Feb 5, 2018 6:34 AM

Mar 2010
let me explain things for you
eedaesung said:
they where at least hours wandering around, in the flashback you see them in many locations.
the father was the 1st to fall into desperation & broke down, her mother after seeing her husband disappearing in front of her she fell into desperation and broke too, their son tried desesperatedly to stop them from disappearing & broke too. the sister would have follow them but she froze from panic instead and wen she was about to follow them she meeted Juri

nop, no reason reason for them to break down, also as far as they think they can leave whenever they want

don't get what you mean, the only stupid thing they did was trying to harm the stalled

on the contrary, the more people they are, the least likely someone will break down

no rule was braked & I think we will get more rules and maybe a few exceptions to the rules

yeah his power itself is convenient, but so what, that's the story. also the grandpa couldn't control his teleportation so well plus it exhaust him, but he has improved in this 4 episode. his mayor problem was that he would teleport to a point over ground & that he could't do it to many consecutivly.
LF2005Feb 5, 2018 6:47 AM
Feb 5, 2018 8:18 AM

May 2009
LF2005 said:
DeadlyRaven said:

not sure, but think the spell range of effect is big, also the spell seems to expand from both rocks, what suggest that both rocks where one at some point

I get the range, it's the time I don't get. It's too much of a coincidence for me that the two rocks were used at the same exact time.
Feb 5, 2018 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
Oh no that last part! :O Another mystery added! I mean why that herald thing didn't appear when he was attacking him?
Otherwise, interesting episode and liking most cast so far by now. But worries me that mystery keeps adding on each episode.. that is good but on the other hand if its not properly capitalize to give us fitting finale episodes then that will be huge problem.. (like last year's KADO we experienced..)

EDIT: Okay thanks I get that last part mystery thanks to YoseiEgg's explanation. Hopefully his brother will manage to survive that ambush (looks like all cliffhangers have the same nature haha)
removed-userFeb 5, 2018 12:43 PM
Feb 5, 2018 1:20 PM

Mar 2010
DeadlyRaven said:
LF2005 said:

I get the range, it's the time I don't get. It's too much of a coincidence for me that the two rocks were used at the same exact time.

LOL they weren't used at the same time, there was only one activation for both rocks, the grandfather's one, the others didn't knew how to activate it
Feb 5, 2018 8:27 PM

Jul 2014
Okay, so the people who are mentally weak can't live in the world of Stasis? Why was that important fact revealed so late? And I don't understand how Majima got back her life as we can see Juri forcefully remove the Specters from her body by touching her. The only thing I'm confused with thus far.
Feb 5, 2018 11:01 PM

May 2017
RebelPanda said:

I doubt he was the one that got stabbed, look at the color of their clothes, I think it's the old man, yea the dumb brother is skinny but the against an old guy, dumb brother has black shirt, old guy has light grey

"beating his kids" that's just a simple boink to the the head, that's so normal unless you're spoiling the kid to death without discipline
Feb 6, 2018 1:24 AM

Dec 2017
I hope Tsubasa won't die, I think it was cute how he tried to protect Makoto despite him being so weak. I really like the OP of this anime, I never skip it.
Feb 6, 2018 5:57 AM

Oct 2008
Another damn cliffhanger!
so the Majima Family was in possession of the stone and when gramps activated Aegis the Stasis happened and what is when Juri & Shouko met when they are just kids...the pieces are slowly connecting!
LOL at 08:42 the revolted facial expression of Shouko is priceless!
Another one bites to dust and went headless!
Looks like Sagawa noticed that the three Herals are the family members of Shouko!
Is Tsubasa a goners already? damn!
5/5.

Feb 6, 2018 6:34 AM

Mar 2010
karlstein12 said:
Okay, so the people who are mentally weak can't live in the world of Stasis? Why was that important fact revealed so late? And I don't understand how Majima got back her life as we can see Juri forcefully remove the Specters from her body by touching her. The only thing I'm confused with thus far.

Well, we don't know the extend of the damage done by forcibly removing the Specter, but judging by Shoko's state, I don't think it is that serious. but still, according to the bridge scene Shoko maybe is as talented as Juri and maybe even with the same power (this asumption is based in the eyes of the girls in that scene)
Feb 6, 2018 8:12 AM

Jun 2013
oh man seeing your family dies like that at that age is fucked up and the Herald didn't show up when he got stabbed what the hell?!
Feb 6, 2018 6:49 PM

Mar 2009
ten said:
Why would this guy even kill Tsubasa? He had no reason. I mean, it wasn't ordered to him or anything, he could have just capture them or maybe tell the boss about them moving and then ambush. What I saw from other guys, they are just hired by Sagawa and don't care much about anything else. I just find it weird that he was acting on his own.

Tsubasa and the kid stopped him from groping that woman in the store. He's pissed.

Anyway, another cliffhanger lol. Are you serious, show?
Sucks for Mr. Kato. Majima was willing to fuck him, too. She's probably the best character of the show, honestly. Must have been rough to see that happen to her family when she was so young.
Feb 6, 2018 6:59 PM

May 2015
Mormegil said:

Tsubasa and the kid stopped him from groping that woman in the store. He's pissed.

Doesn't make sense. If he wanted to grope her that much he could easily wait for them to leave and then do as he pleases.
Feb 6, 2018 7:19 PM

Mar 2016
I feel bad for the black haired girl.. she just wants her family back :(
Love her face when the dude said he would help her for sex lol

Ahhhh why always these cliffhangers! I no think Tsubasa got stabbed but... idk
This show is really good! Great episode
ten said:
Mormegil said:

Doesn't make sense. If he wanted to grope her that much he could easily wait for them to leave and then do as he pleases.

No then he would have lost track of them... if he kills them, then he can go back to the store and grope all he wants
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2018 7:44 PM

Sep 2012
Axelucard said:
oh man seeing your family dies like that at that age is fucked up and the Herald didn't show up when he got stabbed what the hell?!

I mean they explained that in ep 1-2...

Only the stalled people protected by Heralds.
Feb 7, 2018 12:53 AM

Nov 2013
These fools still haven't figured out, that you can't trick the herald and Sagawa's right hand died. But, whatever, it's not like that he particularly useful either way.

Shouko's backstory was quite sad. Fortunately for her, Juri drove the specter out, before she turned into a herald too. To be honest, I don't really like her at this point. Has she never considered to ask the Yukawa's for help? Her having threatened Juri's family will hardly make Juri more willing to help her. Not to mention, that the low chance of saving her family would cost the lives of an unknown number of persons.

At least she has now decided to cut ties with Sagawa.
TheBigGuyFeb 7, 2018 1:04 AM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 7, 2018 6:30 AM

Jan 2013
5 episodes in and I still have zero idea what the point of any of this is. Nothing makes sense, no matter how much I try to understand the rules. I get the feeling the mangaka has been writing from his ass to some degree because everything introduced seems to act as a coverup for a previous or almost immediate ass pull.

A family hunted down by thugs so they can have control over some time stop power so they can use it for... uhh? Everyone on the bad guy's team is nefarious and lecherous, so I would assume their pretense of using it for good is a lie.

If nobody can exit stasis on their own, how is there a "church" surrounding this power? It would imply someone has been in and out of stasis at least two to three times to gather info around heralds and their existence.

Oh and not to mention at the same "moment" in time, Juri and that woman happened to use the stone, causing them to meet. That's some premium grade A bullshit right there, but my disbelief is already on heavy suspension.

edit: also maybe I'm not understanding the problem correctly, but why did the thugs need them to use the master stone in order to steal it away from them? They have their own time stop powers, couldn't they have just used their own to stop time, steal the stone without resistance, and be done with it? They're thugs. They can kidnap one of the family members in broad daylight (without timestop), steal a pint of blood for ritual activation purposes, and then bugger off and do evil; it's not like the family's permission is even necessary.

Also
why does the MC wear the labcoat
is she a chuuni
Syrup-Feb 7, 2018 6:45 AM
Feb 7, 2018 6:39 AM

Dec 2007
This show has some decent head shots *rim shot*

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2018

141 by fathandz »»
Nov 20, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2018

66 by fathandz »»
Nov 18, 2023 9:49 PM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2018

53 by fathandz »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:48 PM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2018

60 by fathandz »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:47 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2018

43 by fathandz »»
Nov 12, 2023 9:51 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.