Forum Settings
Forums

Web Manga 'Omae wa Mada Gunma wo Shiranai' Gets TV Anime for Spring 2018

New
Feb 4, 2018 5:54 AM
Jul 2018
Following an event held today at Toyosu PIT, Tokyo hosted by Gunma-born voice actress Aya Uchida (Love Live! School Idol Project), an official website has launched today revealing that the manga Omae wa Mada Gunma wo Shiranai (You don't know Gunma yet.) will receive a TV anime adaptation. Staff members and theme song information for the anime has also been announced. The anime will broadcast on Gunma TV, Animax, and GYAO! in April 2018.

Synopsis
Nori Kamitsuki moved from Chiba to Gunma prefecture as he begins to attend high school. There, he has received a warning from his classmate that "No one comes back alive from Gunma," and found more negative information as he looked it up on the net. In the midst of confusion and extreme culture shock, he has gotten himself involved with Gunma's rivals, Tochigi and Ibaraki prefecture.

Staff
Director, Series Composition: Mankyuu (Cinderella Girls Gekijou)
Character Design: Tomonori Kogawa (Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu)
Production Cooperation: CJT
Studio: Asahi Production

Ending Theme Song: "So Happy" by Aya Uchida

Hiroto Ida has written and illustrated the manga series based on his experiences in his junior high days after moving to Takasaki, Gunma. The manga began its serialization in Shinchosha's Kurage Bunch online magazine in October 2013. It has compiled eight volumes so far, with the latest shipped on July 7, 2017. The manga has spawned a four-episode Japanese TV drama and film adaptation last year.

Official site: http://omagun.com/
Official Twitter: @omagun_anime

Source: Comic Natalie

Omae wa Mada Gunma wo Shiranai on MAL
removed-userFeb 4, 2018 8:44 AM
Feb 4, 2018 5:57 AM

Apr 2016
I smell a battle shounen.
Feb 4, 2018 6:09 AM

Mar 2016
Character Design: Tomonori Kogawa (Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu)

damn. I hope it would stick to the original character design from 80's...

the big difference between these covers are disturbing
Feb 4, 2018 6:11 AM

Jul 2015
It don't look interesting at all
Feb 4, 2018 6:51 AM
Jul 2018
More fujobait for Spring.
Feb 4, 2018 7:18 AM
Jul 2017
2018 is already full packed and they are announcing more new animes.
Feb 4, 2018 7:24 AM

Oct 2015
more crap for spring ugh, seems like only few stuff that gonna be good rest all to simply be skipped...
Feb 4, 2018 7:37 AM
Mar 2010
Nice! I'll definitely try it out!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Feb 4, 2018 7:38 AM
Jul 2018
KurumiNightmare said:
more crap for spring ugh, seems like only few stuff that gonna be good rest all to simply be skipped...

There is too much filler this Spring. We have good stuff like FMP, Steins;Gate, Shokugeki or Gun Gale Online but the rest...

I wish they would do less animes but with more episodes instead of all these forgettable animes that are going to fail with almost one hundred percent probability.
removed-userFeb 4, 2018 7:41 AM
Feb 4, 2018 7:53 AM

Apr 2017
Where on Earth do you read this in English?
Feb 4, 2018 8:10 AM

Oct 2015
YorukaWaifu said:
KurumiNightmare said:

There is too much filler this Spring. We have good stuff like FMP, Steins;Gate, Shokugeki or Gun Gale Online but the rest...

I wish they would do less animes but with more episodes instead of all these forgettable animes that are going to fail with almost one hundred percent probability.

Ikr there are so many actualy good stuff that get only 12ep 1season and even though some proved to be great seller and boosted all sort of merchandise yet they wont make more anime of that instead they go with some bad original stuff or very mediocre new stuff which has a high chance to fail and they are like heck lets try it anyway >_>
Feb 4, 2018 9:10 AM

Feb 2015
I'll just pretend for now that this is like Danshi Koukousei and will watch it.
Feb 4, 2018 10:09 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Lmao, wtf is the character designer of LoGH doing here.

Anyway, meh, pass.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 4, 2018 1:09 PM

Mar 2014
YorukaWaifu said:
KurumiNightmare said:

How can spring 2018 be the most filler spring season when it has 15 anime that are sequels/alternative versions?
Feb 4, 2018 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
AnimeAdamOP said:
YorukaWaifu said:

How can spring 2018 be the most filler spring season when it has 15 anime that are sequels/alternative versions?

This anime, Butlers, Kakuriyo, Admirari no Tenbin, Caligula, Mahou Shoujo Ore, Bouei-Bu(decent BD sales but almost nobody watched it), Rokuhoudou, Gurazeni, Fumikiri Jikan, Last Period, Uma Musume, Megalo Box (probably another Atom: The Beginning), Dorei-ku...

Those animes except for maybe Bouei-Bu and Butlers are going to be failures with almost total probability.
Feb 4, 2018 2:30 PM

Mar 2014
YorukaWaifu said:
AnimeAdamOP said:

This anime, Butlers, Kakuriyo, Admirari no Tenbin, Caligula, Mahou Shoujo Ore, Bouei-Bu(decent BD sales but almost nobody watched it), Rokuhoudou, Gurazeni, Fumikiri Jikan, Last Period, Uma Musume, Megalo Box (probably another Atom: The Beginning), Dorei-ku...

Those animes except for maybe Bouei-Bu and Butlers are going to be failures with almost total probability.

You never know. You get anime like Yuru Camp, Kokkoku, Land of the lustrous, Garo (1st season), would have probably met your expectations of filler. Spring 2018 will probably be the best season of this year, and possibly the best season of the past 5 years, so calling spring 2018, heavily filler based when almost every season is like that just doesn't make sense to me.
Feb 4, 2018 3:21 PM

Aug 2016
YorukaWaifu said:
AnimeAdamOP said:

megalo box looks interesting at least
Feb 4, 2018 8:54 PM
Jul 2018
Well the character designer was... out of the blue tbh. I do hope that it looks well because the designs of the series he worked on looked so damn stiff and meh to me.
Feb 5, 2018 4:27 AM

Jan 2016
Lol, this shit surely can't survive in Spring 2018.
Feb 7, 2018 4:49 AM
Mar 2010
YorukaWaifu said:

All you people pretending to know how the anime industry works make me laugh. How do you know if an anime is successful or not? By the number of discussions it gets on tumblr/reddit/MAL? Ridiculous.

Are you from the future where you know whether these anime succeeded or not? Disc sales isn't all that an anime needs and lots of popular anime here on MAL do terribly in disc sales/merch sales/don't boost manga sales etc. I'm not saying those shows are bad but in turn the shows which don't get much discussion aren't bad either because in the end, how they do well in Japan is what counts. This may change in the future for some shows like Devilman Crybaby being on Netflix but for most shows, popularity in Japan is what counts.

And lol, decent BD sales for Boueibu means lots of people DID watch it otherwise it wouldn't get BD sales. That statement of yours is contradictory.

TL;DR Just because an anime doesn't seem interesting to YOU doesn't mean it's not interesting to other people and doesn't automatically make it a "failure".
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Feb 10, 2018 2:58 PM
Aug 2017
YorukaWaifu said:
More fujobait for Spring.

Not everything is fujobait. Learn the different between show that target fujoshi and show for women.

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

54 by LilClaudine »»
20 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
36 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 3 hours ago

1 by deg »»
2 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.