Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

is anyone bothered by the not-consensual groping scenes or is it just me

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 11, 2018 10:34 AM
Dec 2013
thepath said:
Some people call this sexual abuse/assault ?! It does not look like one to me.

I thought sexual assault would be something more violent and it has to cause some real damage for the victim (mentally or physically). I don't see any of that in the show and there was no harm caused to anyone, and both of the two love each other anyway. People these days make a big deal out of anything.
lemme just fix that sentence for you
Feb 11, 2018 10:39 AM

Dec 2013
MHEEC said:
NthDegree said:

Surely you understand that they have the same right to express their dislike for certain aspects of the series as you have to express your like. A person is allowed to like parts of the show (which is why they keep watching) while disliking the others (and thus complaining).
i dont have a problem with people disliking it, i have a problem with people claiming that people that like it, like it because they are a bunch of sick fucks that enjoy seeing a rape victim crawl towards her abuser

Somehow I highly doubt that is the phrasing they used. That being said if it does happen, how about next time you say something like 'please don't call me a sick fuck'? I think it would get the point across much better than getting lost in detailed arguments.
Feb 11, 2018 12:01 PM

Dec 2017
MHEEC said:
thepath said:

I thought sexual assault would be something more violent and it has to cause some real damage for the victim (mentally or physically). I don't see any of that in the show and there was no harm caused to anyone, and both of the two love each other anyway. People these days make a big deal out of anything.
lemme just fix that sentence for you
Nice fix there man
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Feb 11, 2018 8:21 PM
Nov 2017
it's not okay, but it's still hot
I have very bad taste
Feb 14, 2018 2:10 AM

Mar 2009
peachaspie said:
why have i only found one yuri anime that doesn't have very uncomfortable low-key sexual assault scenes?? why in order for there to be gay girls in a series, there has to be some sexual struggle???? i just want a nice romance story lol is that too much to ask for

There are two "socially acceptable" forms of yuri when it comes to Japanese works:
1. A very strong romantic friendship between young girls, but eventually they'll grow out of it and marry a guy. In other words, it's just a phase! I think it was called Class S or something.
2. The predatory lesbian stereotype.

For the most part, that's usually all we see when it comes to the yuri genre.
And then there's pure fluff like Sakura Trick.
Feb 17, 2018 11:10 AM
Nov 2017
thepath said:

I thought sexual assault would be something more violent and it has to cause some real damage for the victim (mentally or physically). I don't see any of that in the show and there was no harm caused to anyone, and both of the two love each other anyway. People these days make a big deal out of anything sexual.

Sexual assault refers to any sexual interaction given without the others consent. If an old man gropes a young girls ass on a train, is it not considered sexual assault since she is not physically/mentally damaged?

There aren't any ample examples in the show since there never are any negative repercussions from their actions. Like seriously, who gets pretty much raped by her new step-sister and doesn't have any negative emotions right after? And how can the SC vice-president forcefully make out with the president and have no aftereffect whatsoever?
Feb 17, 2018 12:26 PM
Sep 2017
"And how can the SC vice-president forcefully make out with the president and have no aftereffect whatsoever?"

What do you mean? Himeko specifically ended up in bad terms with Mei over her seduction attempt until Yuzu acted as a peacemaker. And that was despite the fact that Himeko used to be a really close friend of Mei in the past and that Mei made it crystal clear to her that she wasn't going to get in her pants almost immediately.

Not only that, but Mei specifically went to her room to mope after that because she was pissed off about it afterwards. It's not like it didn't affect her at all. It's just that her ex-fiance had already done worse to her in the past, so it wasn't a big shock to her. Just another intrusion of her already tiny personal space.
Feb 17, 2018 2:57 PM
Dec 2013
subrashijohnsan said:
thepath said:

I thought sexual assault would be something more violent and it has to cause some real damage for the victim (mentally or physically). I don't see any of that in the show and there was no harm caused to anyone, and both of the two love each other anyway. People these days make a big deal out of anything sexual.

Like seriously, who gets pretty much raped by her new step-sister and doesn't have any negative emotions right after?
claiming that yuzu was pretty much raped by mei shows how absolutely anything nowadays is compared to or is borderline rape and shows how stupid such claim and the people that claim that are
Feb 17, 2018 4:52 PM

Sep 2014
Don't know what's the big deal here. I'd act exactly like Mei did if it was me. Why would I miss the opportunity to do something with my step sister who is about my age when she sleeps with me every night? Why would I do nothing?

Do you even synthesis your hormones properly or are you just some sort of robot?
Feb 17, 2018 5:48 PM

Oct 2017
Im fine with it. I mean ive seen full on non consensual sex scenes in devilman and accidental groping in EVANGELION and those are also some of mg favorite series so its kinda fine. At least you dont have a scene of someone being fucking raped by an older man.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Feb 18, 2018 1:08 AM
Jul 2016
fiction =/= real life
Feb 18, 2018 12:16 PM
Nov 2017
MHEEC said:
subrashijohnsan said:

Like seriously, who gets pretty much raped by her new step-sister and doesn't have any negative emotions right after?
claiming that yuzu was pretty much raped by mei shows how absolutely anything nowadays is compared to or is borderline rape and shows how stupid such claim and the people that claim that are

Fine, fine. If your panties get that twisted then I'll change what I said.

Like seriously, who gets pretty much raped sexually assaulted by her new step-sister and doesn't have any negative emotions right after?

Feb 18, 2018 1:22 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Eclipsestorm4 said:
Same, it's really not necessary and it makes me uncomfortable.

Good ridance then, this series is full of it, better drop now rather than keep complaining later on.
Feb 20, 2018 3:09 PM

Dec 2017
You guys are overreacting so much. If you think this is THAT bad, you haven't seen anything of the real world. Here at least it looks kind of innocent, not meaning to REALLY abuse or HURT.
And you can see Mei's "little" improvements about this as the series goes on. Honestly if you were disturbed from this, go watch 10yo+ rated series it'll be more appropriate for you.
Jun 25, 2019 3:12 PM

May 2016
Ok now I see why the top reviews were politically and some talking about the Bogus metoo movement. And here I thought people that believed that garbage said that woman cannot rape and only men can? Or maybe that was woman raping men. ... people will bitch about anything
Sep 3, 2019 3:01 AM
Nov 2015
Yeah, it's just you. If you are bothered, go watch something like Hello Kitty and other cute stuff like that, lol.
Nov 14, 2019 12:51 PM
Jul 2018
Florete said:
Yeah, it's just you.
what anime is your sig from it's so cute
Nov 21, 2019 4:44 PM
Jan 2009
Well, sometimes the groper does get beat up, so at least some justice (if that) is served.
Dec 31, 2019 11:56 PM

Nov 2014
There are lots of nice gay romance stories (both yuri and yaoi) that feature just pure innocent romance and nor ape or noncon those heavy plots. It's a common problem for gay stories to have noncon involved as if the authors don't know how to write gay romance without a noncon scene to start a relationship
Jan 12, 2020 4:38 PM

Feb 2017
The unconsensual groping trope needs to die in the yuri animes.
We don't need to spread any more unhealthy stereotypes about a group that is already having a hard time getting by.
nox27Jan 18, 2020 4:41 PM
Jan 18, 2020 2:04 PM

May 2016
nox27 said:
We don't need to spread any more unhealthy stereotypes about a group that is already disadvantaged.

LOL. disadvantaged? oh boy. victim complex much.
Jan 20, 2020 4:49 PM

Sep 2014
bebopforever said:
Florete said:
Yeah, it's just you.
what anime is your sig from it's so cute

It's from Shinsekai yori, or "From the New World" in English
Jan 26, 2020 9:28 PM

Jul 2012
I see this anime like the Junjou Romantica of Yuri so yeah. It's pretty creepy.
Jan 28, 2020 5:36 PM

Oct 2019
I hate how its portrayed as normal and "cute"....
I'm reviewing the anime in a few weeks so I'll be touching on this subject a tad more.
Feb 6, 2020 4:45 PM

Jun 2015
Shivvie said:
I'm reviewing the anime in a few weeks so I'll be touching on this subject a tad more.

Care to explain how you came to that outlandish conclusion? Nothing about it is being portrayed as "romantic and cute." It always leads to a negative outcome and is intentionally made discomforting through the cinematography. Additionally, Mei's problematic behavior is implicitly stated to be a result of being abused emotionally and sexually, not a normal, romantic act.

We have enough misinformed reviews wrongfully depicting what this series is, so I'd appreciate it if you don't add even more to the problem.
AltoRoarkFeb 6, 2020 4:59 PM
Feb 6, 2020 5:45 PM

Oct 2019
AltoRoark said:
Shivvie said:

Care to explain how you came to that outlandish conclusion? Nothing about it is being portrayed as "romantic and cute." It always leads to a negative outcome and is intentionally made discomforting through the cinematography. Additionally, Mei's problematic behavior is implicitly stated to be a result of being abused emotionally and sexually, not a normal, romantic act.

We have enough misinformed reviews wrongfully depicting what this series is, so I'd appreciate it if you don't add even more to the problem.

I apologise for how I portrayed what I said, as I believe what I said is far off to how I feel. Additionally, I wrote this late in the evening, so my head wasn't too clear.

I don't think Citrus is a bad anime by any means. It's a faithful adaptation to its source material and its a pretty solid production.

Now, I know the sexual assault in the anime is a cause and effect of Mei's past experiences with sexual abuse. In this context, it could make sense why Mei is doing what she is doing, and although we can understand why she is doing such a thing, that doesn't justify it morally right or okay. This sexual assault (as you know) creates a negative impact on the relationship between both main characters. What made me quite annoyed with this anime, however, was the non-consensual acts participated in by Yuzu herself to Mei. One cannot blame it on naivety at this point; this is simply a lack of understanding of people, which I find weird coming from Yuzu herself.

Look, the writing in Citrus is good in some points. Although it fails in a lot of areas, it has some redeemable qualities which create this series as a whole. However, these negatives (i.e. plot progression) really bring it down. The way they used the story to proceed was implementing characters which would act as a diversion from Mei and Yuzu's relationship. Now, this kind of progression isn't *inherently* bad at all, as we come to learn Mei's intentions behind it. But doesn't this seem a bit....apathetic to you? Mei is wanting Yuzu to prove herself to Mei when I can't feel the same is mutually reciprocated.

My final point is, is that a relationship should never be built on abuse, both sexually and emotionally. What this series fails to do is to create a third-person perspective and realisation on the matter between Yuzu and Mei.
Feb 7, 2020 10:41 PM

Jun 2015
Shivvie said:
AltoRoark said:

I apologise for how I portrayed what I said, as I believe what I said is far off to how I feel. Additionally, I wrote this late in the evening, so my head wasn't too clear.

I don't think Citrus is a bad anime by any means. It's a faithful adaptation to its source material and its a pretty solid production.

Now, I know the sexual assault in the anime is a cause and effect of Mei's past experiences with sexual abuse. In this context, it could make sense why Mei is doing what she is doing, and although we can understand why she is doing such a thing, that doesn't justify it morally right or okay. This sexual assault (as you know) creates a negative impact on the relationship between both main characters. What made me quite annoyed with this anime, however, was the non-consensual acts participated in by Yuzu herself to Mei. One cannot blame it on naivety at this point; this is simply a lack of understanding of people, which I find weird coming from Yuzu herself.

Look, the writing in Citrus is good in some points. Although it fails in a lot of areas, it has some redeemable qualities which create this series as a whole. However, these negatives (i.e. plot progression) really bring it down. The way they used the story to proceed was implementing characters which would act as a diversion from Mei and Yuzu's relationship. Now, this kind of progression isn't *inherently* bad at all, as we come to learn Mei's intentions behind it. But doesn't this seem a bit....apathetic to you? Mei is wanting Yuzu to prove herself to Mei when I can't feel the same is mutually reciprocated.

My final point is, is that a relationship should never be built on abuse, both sexually and emotionally. What this series fails to do is to create a third-person perspective and realisation on the matter between Yuzu and Mei.

Firstly, let me make this clear, sexual assault is not what birthed the relationship between Yuzu and Mei, Yuzu had feelings for Mei well before the first assault, as evident during the bath scene when she's lost in thought about sight of Mei being macked on by Amamiya, with her focus squarely on Mei's sensual face, wondering what kissing must feel like for her. Mei's first assault on Yuzu would then turn those feelings into a maelstrom of confusion and hysteria.

This then leads to Yuzu herself doing the assault on Mei. Yes, this can be blamed on naivety, or at least irrational impulses. Let's not forget that Yuzu regrets this behavior immediately afterward, later apologizing to Mei and Mei apologizing back. This shows that Yuzu has a moral ground outside of her impulses and roughly understands the idea of consent. And the fact that Mei has grown out of her problematic behavior and has a liking for Yuzu's way of doing things should be more than enough reassurance that Mei has realized her errors.
Apr 24, 2020 10:33 AM

Apr 2019
Well, if you're going for shoujo-ai, you are gonna come across such scenes. And by the way, if you want just a "nice romance", there are plenty others you know.
Anyways, it didn't and doesn't bother me. Infact, isn't that one of the reasons why one would watch anime like these.
Rem is best girl
May 7, 2020 9:51 PM
Aug 2019
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
nox27 said:
We don't need to spread any more unhealthy stereotypes about a group that is already disadvantaged.

LOL. disadvantaged? oh boy. victim complex much.

being gay is a crime in a lot of countries and where is not, we ARE disadvantaged. we are literally killed because we want to love someone who happens to be our same sex 💀so yeah, portraying lesbians (in specific) in such a predatory way is harmful to us because people label us as predatory just for existing so anyways.
May 16, 2020 10:57 AM
Aug 2014
some people actually defending 'Sexual Assault', because the person is 'broken' ???

my god -_-
May 16, 2020 1:59 PM

Jun 2015
nahian777 said:
some people actually defending 'Sexual Assault', because the person is 'broken' ???

my god -_-

There's a difference between defending a person's behavior and defending it as an element in the plot. In this case, the sexual assault is well in line with the character and is treated in a negative light, always leaving harmful effects.
May 16, 2020 3:06 PM

Jan 2016
the only time its okay to have that is that if its a part of a situation that shows just how immoral it is, for example if its like an adult show that has an adult audience who knows that not okay. But doesn't Citrus pander to teenagers?

If thats the case that's not really a good thing because it shows teenagers that doing this stuff to your friends is okay if people your age do it in an anime that relates to you ideally. I know its just anime, but people should not underestimate how impressionable some demographics can be.

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Jul 4, 2021 9:44 AM
Mar 2020
Hella uncomfortable man .... every now and then someone tries to grope someone like wtf
Aug 10, 2021 11:12 AM

Apr 2018
You guys are feeling uncomfortable because you are looking at it from men's perspective. Or if you are a female then you are an outlier, an anomaly. But exceptions do not make the rule.

The fact of the matter is that in general, women are not honest about their feelings, this is what most women crave even if they don't vocally admit it. There's a reason why novels like The 50 Shades of Grey, 365 Dni and The Twilight are such raging successes among female viewers. Whether you like it or not, women love assertiveness and being dominated, and non-consensual groping is one of the most primal ways to assert dominance.

This being a lesbian show does not change the fact that every relationship must revolve around a dominant role and a submissive role. And there is nothing that dries a vagina more than having to ask for consent at every advance. A show like that would've been failed from the get go.
Aug 10, 2021 1:48 PM

May 2018
No, it was actually hot. That's literally the only reason I was watching the anime if the first place.
Aug 11, 2021 12:51 PM

Feb 2015
kazaric said:
You guys are feeling uncomfortable because you are looking at it from men's perspective. Or if you are a female then you are an outlier, an anomaly. But exceptions do not make the rule.

The fact of the matter is that in general, women are not honest about their feelings, this is what most women crave even if they don't vocally admit it. There's a reason why novels like The 50 Shades of Grey, 365 Dni and The Twilight are such raging successes among female viewers. Whether you like it or not, women love assertiveness and being dominated, and non-consensual groping is one of the most primal ways to assert dominance.

This being a lesbian show does not change the fact that every relationship must revolve around a dominant role and a submissive role. And there is nothing that dries a vagina more than having to ask for consent at every advance. A show like that would've been failed from the get go.

That's sexist af bro. This series falls under the big fetish umbrella and how hot you find it may greatly depend on how horny you are at the moment of watching it. People who were expecting something else or just aren't comfortable with such topics will dislike it as this is by no means a sweet romance show where 2 people fall in love with each other and the story focuses on how they're trying to make a stable relationship. However, there are many same sex romance stories that don't involve groping or rape where such normality can be found, so not all hope is lost.
Anyway, I do hope you get some professional help if that's your mentality outside the internet persona as well and that you will never rape anyone, because, in case you didn't notice it yourself, you dropped quite a big red flag in your reply. Don't hurt others ktyx.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Aug 11, 2021 4:51 PM

Apr 2018
Hakaminah said:
kazaric said:

That's sexist af bro. This series falls under the big fetish umbrella and how hot you find it may greatly depend on how horny you are at the moment of watching it. People who were expecting something else or just aren't comfortable with such topics will dislike it as this is by no means a sweet romance show where 2 people fall in love with each other and the story focuses on how they're trying to make a stable relationship. However, there are many same sex romance stories that don't involve groping or rape where such normality can be found, so not all hope is lost.
Anyway, I do hope you get some professional help if that's your mentality outside the internet persona as well and that you will never rape anyone, because, in case you didn't notice it yourself, you dropped quite a big red flag in your reply. Don't hurt others ktyx.

I find it quite funny and predictable that instead of rebutting my points like a sensible person you go straight to personal attacks. Calling me sexist; tell me to get help etc etc. The usual emotional jargon one would expect to encounter daily on Twitter. Everything you've said is based on your own emotions, with zero facts to back up with. And you haven't once refuted any of my arguments in good faith.

Like I said, novels like The 50 Shades of Grey, The Twilight, 365 Dni etc, or even the more recent Netflix series Sex/Life, all feature masculine, assertive male leads that completely dominate the female protagonists. These shows are massive block busters, they broke all sorts of charts, they top sales records like never before seen in the history of sex romance stories, because this is what women want to see. Even lesbian shows follow the same dominant/submissive dynamic. Go to Imdb and check out popular lesbian movies and you'll see shows like Below Her Mouth, Sadie etc, literally have gropings on the the poster art, forceful kissing in public and things that would make Citrus look like a kids' show.

So with that being said, please point to me those "grope-free" sex romance stories that don't feature the dominant/submissive relationship dynamic that could match the success of my examples. And no, being "assertive" doesn't equal "rape", not once have I EVER talked about rape or advocated hurting anybody. There's goes to show how much of a complete lack of understanding in social dynamics and interactions you exhibit. If Christian Grey had to ask Anastasia Steele for permission every time he wants to touch her, Fifty Shades of Grey would not even have lived to see a sequel. "May I touch you here?" "I'd like to touch your nipples, would you allow me to?" "Is it ok if I kiss you?" Do these questions turn you on? Have you even had a relationship before? If you have not then let me give you a bit of an advice: Reality is sexist, the world is sexist, deal with it. Don't be quick to assume anything with malicious intent based on your emotions without facts to back you up, because, in case you didn't notice it yourself, you dropped quite a big red flag in your reply, and you won't go very far on any relationships if you behave like this in real life. Here's an image that would best describe you and your pitiful baseless accusations.

kazaricAug 11, 2021 9:29 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Any hope for season 2?

DwaipayanH - Mar 3

15 by Sammango »»
Mar 8, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

108 by JeremiahOrange »»
Jan 31, 4:13 AM

» prediction: your first reaction will be "I'm disappointed" ( 1 2 )

GangsterCat - Nov 28, 2016

60 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:15 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

200 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

157 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 22, 2023 1:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.