Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 3, 2018 12:51 PM
May 2017
In chapter 145 (the goodbye breather 6) Nana said she would wait for Kaoru and then that someday they'd have to part. Where both of them just doing this last breather really as a way to say goodbye (even though the name of the chapter suggests it It wasn't clear in my opinion)? I couldn't understand if they had an unspoken understanding about meeting again or not - did they?.

Did Nana try to get close to Yagami Kiyohiko because she thought Kaoru and her were done and she has to get over him (I thought she said she wasn't going to give him up in the goobye breather)?

Did Yagami Kiyohiko drug Nana so that he could force himself on her?
DuerdakFeb 3, 2018 1:11 PM
Mar 19, 2018 7:12 PM

Dec 2017
In the end they both meet again and seal the deal.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
May 22, 2020 2:49 AM

May 2012
I don't think Nana was trying to replace Kaoru with Yagami at all, I honestly think she was being naive and assuming that someone who was shunned in a similar manner to Kaoru was equally as harmless.

I'm more upset they didn't conclude a relationship from this, I feel there was a considerable build-up to acknowledging their own feelings, but in the end neither party felt it necessary?
I'm half expecting a "but the ropes communicated their love to eachother :)))" nothing compares to hearing it.

Oh and if Nana X Kaoru didn't happen, I hope for Tachi X Kaoru.
Tachi was a ray of sunshine throughout the entire manga, she just happened to make the best dog too.
TwitchFastMay 22, 2020 3:15 AM
Jun 2, 2020 3:13 AM

Oct 2013
Tbh the whole ending felt a bit rushed. It was enjoyable to read. There just wasnt enough build up to portrait yagami as an antagonist. Would have loved that.
Feb 21, 2021 9:49 AM

Feb 2019
Duerdak said:
In chapter 145 (the goodbye breather 6) Nana said she would wait for Kaoru and then that someday they'd have to part. Where both of them just doing this last breather really as a way to say goodbye (even though the name of the chapter suggests it It wasn't clear in my opinion)? I couldn't understand if they had an unspoken understanding about meeting again or not - did they?.

Did Nana try to get close to Yagami Kiyohiko because she thought Kaoru and her were done and she has to get over him (I thought she said she wasn't going to give him up in the goobye breather)?

Did Yagami Kiyohiko drug Nana so that he could force himself on her?

I was gonna start a new topic and write a very long complain about this ending but i really dont wanna waste too much time anymore so i wanna use your question to quickly relieve my feelings.

I think it was all because of a misfortune, After writing chapter 145, Amazume, Ryuta the author of this manga suffered brain damage as a result of a serious accident. But he still wanted to finish his art and decided to take a piece of paper and shit on it then give that paper to his publisher as a final arc. when you think about it, there can not be any other explanation for finishing such a wonderful manga with an ending like that.

After reading chapter 145 i was planning to give that manga 10/10. it wasn't flawless but it was good enough for me to be a masterpiece. and a few minute later while i was reading chapter 151 i burst into tears because of anger. I can't find the right words to describe my disappointment. I feel betrayed and I really feel sick when I think about all these good times in previous chapters.

So, long story short, F..k you Amazume, Ryuta. This is my final words for your bullshit ending, F..k you!
"We make demands because we have nothing. We pray because it won't come true. We fall because we fly." (Sundome C48)
Apr 5, 2021 2:23 PM

Jan 2020
I'm pretty confused about this thread... because there were still like 10 more chapters after The Goodbye Breather, and those subsequent chapters solidify Nana and Kaoru's relationship. Not to mention Black Label and Kokosei No SM Gokko come after the events of the original manga, and they are together in that.

I think the ending was pretty good. The Yagami antagonist was kinda rushed and forced, and it sort of lost believability that Kaoru just happened to show up at a convenient time... but overall I didn't take this manga to seriously because of the general context. I saw this thread prior to getting to the end, and I was expecting some sort of crazy open ended ending. But, on the final page Nana and Kaoru are continuing their breathers indefinitely, that is sort of enough for me.

It's certainly not a masterpiece and maybe my score of 9 is a bit high, but I feel like the tension within chapters 130-140 were extremely well done ontop of an overall solid series. I'm not gonna be upset because of a couple of random moments near the end, especially when everything turns out daijoubou anyway and there is more content to pursue if the reader so chooses.

I'd be more willing to believe that the publishing magazine is at fault for the hiccups near the end; giving the author very little notice about ending serialization and forcing them to scramble to fill in the gaps to the end. It happens all the time, sometimes more suddenly, and sometimes not so suddenly.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jun 4, 2022 7:58 AM
May 2012
Honestly the ending was fucking dogshit. The whole forced plot with Okinawa and then this Yagami retard. It really killed it for me. Then, we don't even get a real happy end (yeah yeah, he put the collar on her) but we didn't even get a real kiss and no progression on the sexual side. Like how is that a remotely sane, reasonable and sound development?

Oh and don't get me started on the sub arc with that tanned bitch. Fuck off intruder, let me enjoy N&K in peace.

Same with the strange mini-arc of the teacher and the fuckboi.

If the author would have a bit of a spine this could very well be one of the top manga of tall times but so it was just a complete letdown.

Yes, I'm angry and mad. I'm lurking on this site for 10y and have read and seen some shitty endings in the past, but this one got me fuming.
MK13Jun 4, 2022 8:06 AM
Nov 19, 2022 1:49 PM
Apr 2019
Garbage last couple of chaps
Dec 19, 2023 3:56 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to commonxreaction
I'm pretty confused about this thread... because there were still like 10 more chapters after The Goodbye Breather, and those subsequent chapters solidify Nana and Kaoru's relationship. Not to mention Black Label and Kokosei No SM Gokko come after the events of the original manga, and they are together in that.

I think the ending was pretty good. The Yagami antagonist was kinda rushed and forced, and it sort of lost believability that Kaoru just happened to show up at a convenient time... but overall I didn't take this manga to seriously because of the general context. I saw this thread prior to getting to the end, and I was expecting some sort of crazy open ended ending. But, on the final page Nana and Kaoru are continuing their breathers indefinitely, that is sort of enough for me.

It's certainly not a masterpiece and maybe my score of 9 is a bit high, but I feel like the tension within chapters 130-140 were extremely well done ontop of an overall solid series. I'm not gonna be upset because of a couple of random moments near the end, especially when everything turns out daijoubou anyway and there is more content to pursue if the reader so chooses.

I'd be more willing to believe that the publishing magazine is at fault for the hiccups near the end; giving the author very little notice about ending serialization and forcing them to scramble to fill in the gaps to the end. It happens all the time, sometimes more suddenly, and sometimes not so suddenly.
@commonxreaction yeah agree this seems like a rushed ending due to a magazine ending serialization. It took two other series to finish this glaciar paced romance. The ending is nice until you read black label which soft resets the status at the beginning. Then last year also seems to soft reset the ending of this and black label. Since Kaoru doesn't seem to remember that Nana is also trying to be worthy of walking by his side.

At least black label gets them to a kiss which last year forgets as well.

Nana ignoring how hard Kaoru is trying to be by her side in Last year after the original series ending is also annoying.

Overall though with all three parts it makes for a nice story.

More topics from this board

» Does this manga have NTR?

Ssnowyy - Mar 5

3 by AleppoSoap »»
Mar 31, 10:31 PM

Poll: » Nana to Kaoru Chapter 156 Discussion

HaXXspetten - Dec 25, 2016

24 by Schernobyl »»
Dec 19, 2023 4:14 PM

» Where to read?

SenseiDaichi - Nov 3, 2023

2 by SenseiDaichi »»
Nov 5, 2023 3:48 PM

Poll: » Nana to Kaoru Chapter 155 Discussion

uzee - Nov 7, 2016

7 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 27, 2023 8:29 AM

Poll: » Nana to Kaoru Chapter 151 Discussion

DrFluffyUnicorn - Jul 18, 2016

14 by Lukenzo »»
May 8, 2022 11:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.