Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 3, 2018 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, I really don't like that Mitsuru guy. So much arrogance and tbh, he deserved what was coming to him.

The bath scene though lol...I almost forgot Zero 2's lack of common sense sometimes.
Didn't take long for trouble to come this episode. Hiro's rather convincing when helping himself and Zero 2.

I think it's pretty much established now that they are the only compatible partners/duo in this show.Ha, I can't take their dance-running scene seriously
Stark700Feb 3, 2018 6:55 AM
Feb 3, 2018 7:04 AM

Oct 2015
Watching it in raw but damn the last 10 minutes is glorious !!!!!!!!!!!

Easily the best episode so far. Also the monster design is kinda better this time . 5/5

Feb 3, 2018 7:05 AM

Nov 2009
A 10/10 episode for sure, Jesus Christ that was great. Hiro having doubts over piloting with Zero Two only to finally grow some balls with that awesome speech and also Mitsuru is confirmed to be pretty damn tough, I gained so much respect for him this episode.
Feb 3, 2018 7:10 AM

Oct 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

I think it's pretty much established now that they are the only compatible partners/duo in this show.Ha, I can't take their dance-running scene seriously

Same. I think the other partners/duo is really useless in the fight. Well still many episodes to come.
Feb 3, 2018 7:24 AM
Jan 2018
Prog_upworks13 said:

Easily the best episode so far. Also the monster design is kinda better this time . 5/5

Sorry, where i find the raw?
Feb 3, 2018 7:26 AM

Oct 2015
Angel942 said:
Prog_upworks13 said:

Sorry, I watched it from live streaming.
Feb 3, 2018 7:31 AM
Jul 2017
Best episode of the season , was amazing . They do all right this episode 5/5.
Feb 3, 2018 7:36 AM
Jan 2018
Prog_upworks13 said:
Angel942 said:

Prog_upworks13 said:
Angel942 said:

Prog_upworks13 said:
Angel942 said:

ok thanks! For the ep 5, I search the live streaming on network!
Feb 3, 2018 7:37 AM

Jul 2017
We finally get confirmation that 02 does indeed get into the same position as the other girls. Which means Mitsuru was indeed riding her ass last episode, and all the other pilots before Hiro were doing the same. Hiro is still a shit MC, but at least he finally got into the damn robot this ep.
GreenEmuFeb 3, 2018 7:46 AM
Feb 3, 2018 7:40 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Possibly the best episode, because we can enjoy with the Zero Two pilotage!!!
Feb 3, 2018 7:41 AM

Apr 2013

Sums up this episode
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Feb 3, 2018 8:03 AM
Aug 2017
Definitely a step up from the other episodes. things actually progressed and the characters weren't annoying me. 002 didn't do much to annoy me either but i can tell they've toned her down. the fight was fine but nothing I'm going to remember in a week. the character animation was defiantly the best part of the episode. Also Misturu piloting while injured is a thing that endears me to a character. Other than that most of the characters are still bland and i still can't say its a good show yet.
Feb 3, 2018 9:31 AM

Dec 2014
See it didn't take long for the main pair to form. There might still be a few issues, since they sort of disobeyed orders and stuff; but we should be out of the prologue now.

I wonder if they will stay with the other guys or get sent to the frontlines though; would be nice to see how things are over there. I wouldn't mind if they take a Regios approach and just focus on this city moving around.
Feb 3, 2018 9:31 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode with quite the classic turn of events but really enjoyable to watch.

I gotta admit, Hiro's speech felt like something straight out of a romance anime. XD
Well at least he recognized what he truly wanted to do and now he's finally piloting the Franxx.

I'm still wondering why Hiro was only capable of piloting with Zero Two and no one else, and also why only he doesn't seem to be as adversely affected as the other pilots before him while piloting with Zero Two. I hope there's some kind of explanation as to why.

Action scenes were great and I loved how Zero Two just walked in while Hiro was taking a bath to give him a talking too. XD
Feb 3, 2018 9:37 AM

Feb 2015
Hiro proved to be awesome once again.

\o/
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Feb 3, 2018 9:37 AM

Jul 2015
At the beginning of the episode I was "HELL NO! Not another cringeworthy drama!"

Thank god, the plot finally moved at the second part. I was wondering how long the "Hiro is afraid of 02" was going to last. I was considering drop when I saw that.

Feb 3, 2018 9:40 AM

Sep 2011
Finally, this is the first episode that was really enjoyable on the literal level and not just the metaphorical level. So glad to see them stepping up their game, I hope this continues.

I'm just hoping Hiro and 02 ignoring orders this episode doesn't revive the vitriol that took over last week's episode discussion... Seriously, be nice to each other, even if you think the other person is an idiot (no matter how right or wrong you are) doesn't make it okay to attack them instead of actually discussing the issue.

On a note that I find more interesting... Anyone else think this Klaxosaur looking a lot like one of these might have something to do with their place in the metaphor? Still not 100% what that is yet, but I'm convinced it's going to be important to that metaphor's development.
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Feb 3, 2018 9:42 AM

Apr 2014
MistLiigh said:
Finally, this is the first episode that was really enjoyable on the literal level and not just the metaphorical level. So glad to see them stepping up their game, I hope this continues.
[/img]
Funny enough this is the first episode handled by Trigger.

Feb 3, 2018 9:45 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man Zero Two and Hiro with all those sexual metaphors had me dying of laughter....I fucking love it xD

As expected the higher ups were still doubtful (Which is understandable since Hiro WAS unconscious) but now that they officially have concrete evidence to show that Hiro is the only one that can ride her (huehuehuehuehue), I think it's safe to say that we got out team set

There will most definitely be some sort of fallout here for them disobeying orders and attacking fellow officers but if it were up to me, I wouldn't penalize them much since this is a HUGE W for them and also a game changer

The action scenes were great but man my favorite part has got to be when Hiro just came out and said everything he felt and THAT ladies and gentlemen is what you call a great confession of love lol...Man I love those two together
Feb 3, 2018 9:50 AM
Oct 2016
really enjoyed this episode!! a lot of unanswered questions for me in general though
why is her code 002? is there a 001 and 000 that are also like her? why is hiro called a different type of species by "papa" and if it has some connection to why he is the only one capable of riding with zero two? why are they in a sex position to pilot a robot?
Feb 3, 2018 9:53 AM
Apr 2014
What did he mean by this

]
Feb 3, 2018 9:58 AM

Apr 2017
So is Hiro still a pussy? I mean he went against "papa" who is the ruler of that shit I guess.. He still has some problems but u can´t call him things like that after this one.
Best episode so far IMO and that Zero Two face in the end was priceless.
Feb 3, 2018 10:01 AM
Feb 2018
Really glad that Hiro got to pilot her. Best episode so far.
Feb 3, 2018 10:01 AM

Sep 2011
moodie said:
MistLiigh said:
[/img]
Funny enough this is the first episode handled by Trigger.

If that really is what that means (I can't read Japanese, so I don't know the context of "TRIGGER" being listed in that spot), then that would explain a lot lol I'd be interested to see a reliable list of exactly how everything was divided up between the studios, though somehow I doubt anything so convenient exists yet.

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Feb 3, 2018 10:05 AM

Aug 2013
Whoaaa. Great episode. I'm so glad that I decided to watch this series.
MistLiigh said:
If that really is what that means (I can't read Japanese, so I don't know the context of "TRIGGER" being listed in that spot),

Yes, アニメーション制作/ animation seisaku means animation production.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 3, 2018 10:07 AM

Feb 2016
Woah this episode was effing great, although because of this episode i kinda think Hiro's gonna die by the end of the series....
Feb 3, 2018 10:09 AM

Jun 2015
The last couple minutes were amazing. So much hype in that fight. Hiro finally grew some balls and gave a great speech to Zero Two.
Feb 3, 2018 10:11 AM

Jan 2015
MistLiigh said:

I'm just hoping Hiro and 02 ignoring orders this episode doesn't revive the vitriol that took over last week's episode discussion... Seriously, be nice to each other, even if you think the other person is an idiot (no matter how right or wrong you are) doesn't make it okay to attack them instead of actually discussing the issue.

On a note that I find more interesting... Anyone else think this Klaxosaur looking a lot like one of these might have something to do with their place in the metaphor? Still not 100% what that is yet, but I'm convinced it's going to be important to that metaphor's development.

Oh, it seems I am not the only one who thought that the worm looks like an electric shaver
Feb 3, 2018 10:12 AM

Jul 2014
Ah finally, while the start was another boring awkward drama, the 2nd half really picked up the pace, that fight, the animation, amazing.

Anyways most memorable part was the smirk gundam zero two gave to Ichigo, kinda telling her "told you he's mine" and an entertaining way on taking out that giant worm.

See this is the problem that people had prev ep, Hiro literally coulda done the same thing he did here, NOT LISTENING TO THE HIGHER UPS, but no, people were all like "no, thats not realistic" or "that would be stupid" no shit, will you drop it now because Hiro didnt make a rational decision this ep?
I for one am glad he didnt listen.

Anyways things are finally getting interesting, btw does anyone else feels like whenever they're talking about "being inside" or "ridding" that its something sexual.. no? just me? ayt.
Feb 3, 2018 10:15 AM

Sep 2013
And the heroic entrance! What great resolve shown by Hiro as he gets a taste of a full ride for the first time. Can't wait to see more
Feb 3, 2018 10:16 AM

Jul 2013
Best episode so far. Hiro finally gets in the robot and, basing in the comments of the male supervisor at the end, it seems they are going to be official partners for real. Good, good.
Also, is confirmed that Strelizia works like the rest of the other FranXX (AKA doggy style cockpit). I still wonder if the series will reverse the positions of the pilots during the run of the series...

Props to Mitsuru, the dude was able to pilot the FranXX perfectly even when he was injured, that is worth of praising.

D1UTURNUS said:

Sums up this episode
Loved that part. Poor Ichigo, lmao.
Feb 3, 2018 10:18 AM

Dec 2017
somebody needs to set a counter for the amount of sexual innuendos in this show

i don't like the fact that they broke the rules, but with a life like Hiro has you have nothing to lose anyway
uninstallthegameFeb 3, 2018 10:24 AM
Feb 3, 2018 10:21 AM

Sep 2011
rsc-pl said:
Whoaaa. Great episode. I'm so glad that I decided to watch this series.
MistLiigh said:
If that really is what that means (I can't read Japanese, so I don't know the context of "TRIGGER" being listed in that spot),

Yes, アニメーション制作/ animation seisaku means animation production.

Thanks for the clarification! I had heard it said (as a general statement about the show, not just this episode) that it was basically animated by Trigger and written by A-1, but that was just some podcasters who have been wrong before, so that info is probably not the most reliable... I may have to see if I can track down anything written in English (or at least translatable by the browser) confirming or denying such statements...

sadl1fe said:
Oh, it seems I am not the only one who thought that the worm looks like an electric shaver

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one too lol Idk, maybe it's not really as important as I'm making it out to be, could be coincidence... guess we'll see as this goes on.

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Feb 3, 2018 10:21 AM

Apr 2016
Perfect ep. I guess you can say he went from....Zero Two Hiro

Ba dum tsssss.

Yes I know where the door is.
2D > 3D
Feb 3, 2018 10:23 AM

Feb 2018
Oh man! This episode was AWESOME!!!
I started smiling as soon as Hiro went after Zero Two and I swear by the time they were entering the FranXX my face looked like this as well:

Feb 3, 2018 10:24 AM

Jan 2016
WE MUST PROTECT THIS SMILE

Feb 3, 2018 10:27 AM

Aug 2012
Now that´s more like it! Hiro and Zero Two are amazing together!

D1UTURNUS said:

Sums up this episode

And this is a bonus lol
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Feb 3, 2018 10:27 AM

Apr 2017
WE MUST PROTECT THIS SMILE 2

Feb 3, 2018 10:28 AM

Jan 2016
Feb 3, 2018 10:29 AM
Nov 2017
Favorite episode by far. I needed this, especially after the previous episode. That giant klaxosaur was impressive, just wished there was a bit more to it, but the way it was dispatched was great.
Feb 3, 2018 10:30 AM

Jan 2016
EVEN IN TURMOIL, OUR GIRL 02 OUT HERE LOOKING LIKE A SNACK MMMM

Feb 3, 2018 10:30 AM

Feb 2018
_Hans_ said:
YES, PLEASE GOD, YES

Quote of the year right there!
Feb 3, 2018 10:31 AM
Jun 2017
I was a bit weirded out by it at first, but I really like the idea of the pairs needing to sync with each other to pilot the mechs. Still really unpractical though.
Feb 3, 2018 10:32 AM

Jan 2016
Woah, take it easy there man... 0_0

Feb 3, 2018 10:33 AM

Mar 2010
This is now officially "Aquarion with less threesomes and more robot boobs" in my mind after their convo while piloting. lol

@Joe88: There's been some indication that the male pilot is mentally/emotionally linked to the psyche of the female pilot, who kinda acts like a removable CPU as far as I can tell. ^^;; Don't think I missed any technical explanation so far? Only "flowery" metaphorical ones. (HAH! XD)

Lelouch0202 said:
I'm still wondering why Hiro was only capable of piloting with Zero Two and no one else, and also why only he doesn't seem to be as adversely affected as the other pilots before him while piloting with Zero Two. I hope there's some kind of explanation as to why.

Action scenes were great and I loved how Zero Two just walked in while Hiro was taking a bath to give him a talking too. XD

I still say that it's going to be genetics. They are compatible and want each other down to the DNA level. Now, WHY Hiro is compatible w/ a non-human is the real question, even though we know he's a "special thing" in the eyes of Papa's group.

Not too often we get to see a female > male kabedon. XD Scene also reinforced that 02 is a delicious Tall Girl which is even rarer. Surprised no one pointed out that she was staring at his crotch for quite a bit while pointing her horns at him. ;)
Feb 3, 2018 10:34 AM

Jan 2009
so this episode is the rumored all Trigger crew episode right? glorious!

and lol no wonder this anime is banned on China now

degFeb 3, 2018 10:58 AM
Feb 3, 2018 10:34 AM

Feb 2016
Looks like the "teenage drama" is finally gone... At least Ichigo (of all people) Recognized Hiro's will to Ride with Zero Two. Expect things to get better now from this point.

So... is Hiro still a Cuck? Points at episode 3 discussion
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 3, 2018 10:35 AM

Jun 2014
See, Hiro and 02 are capable of some pretty amazing shit when they pilot together. The higher-ups need to stop dicking around and just let them do....well, this. Solid episode, really entertaining, and Hiro redeemed himself after last episode.

Also, "I feel myself going deeper inside you." LOL these innuendos every episode fucking kill me.
thebrentinator24Feb 3, 2018 10:45 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 3, 2018 10:37 AM

Apr 2017
HereticHunter said:
Looks like the "teenage drama" is finally gone... At least Ichigo (of all people) Recognized Hiro's will to Ride with Zero Two. Expect things to get better now from this point.

So... is Hiro still a Cuck? Points at episode 3 discussion

I guess most of those guys who said that, they dropped. So now it´s fine.
Feb 3, 2018 10:38 AM

Feb 2016

The wait was worth it.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

65 by SuperJohnDoe »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

364 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Yesterday, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2018

707 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Yesterday, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

640 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 22, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

282 by louiboui08 »»
Apr 21, 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.