Forum Settings
Forums
New
Are you a pirate?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 13, 2022 4:39 PM

Oct 2011
I used to when I was broke and cheap and didn't watch anime as much as I do now. There also wasn't as many paid options once upon a time as there are now. Nowadays I pay for most anime through at least some streaming services, Crunchyroll being the biggest one of course.

Maybe from time to time I'll use pirate streaming sites if they're really hard to find but I try to avoid those and place them as something later to watch in hopes they'll be added to a streaming site.
Apr 13, 2022 5:08 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah. I do pirate anime.

(Character limit)
Feb 1, 2023 8:03 AM
Aug 2021
I pirate anime because this is the only feasible way I can watch most English dubs where I live. (In SEA most anime releases are sub-only, with the regional licensors [Muse, Medialink, Aniplus, etc] generally reluctant to do so over the lack of regional demand for English dubs.)
Feb 1, 2023 8:28 AM

Oct 2020
As someone from europe, i don't have much of a choice.
Here and there i watch some anime on netflix, but when it comes to crunchyroll i don't have access for more than half of their catalogue...
Feb 1, 2023 8:33 AM

Apr 2020
I try to avoid it because I know how badly the artists working on it need the money, but I will pirate under either of the following circumstances:
1) I can't stream it anywhere and the Blu-ray/DVD/VHS is too expensive
2) Disney licensed the anime

Most anime productions rake in enough money but the producers and licensors take most of it, so while piracy is a factor in the poor treatment of animators and other artists, it's not the only one.
I can't even function as a human being anymore.
Feb 1, 2023 10:03 AM

Jun 2021
I only watch it legaly and use Shikis.
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

Feb 1, 2023 10:05 AM
I like water

Feb 2020
If the anime is not on netflix (almost all), I use pirated websites. Also, many of these websites release the episodes faster than netflix
Feb 1, 2023 10:08 AM

Jan 2008
I may have to if I want to watch certain anime. I'm subscribed to a couple of places but I can only sub to so much. 
Feb 1, 2023 3:17 PM
May 2020
call me... The king of the pirates!!!
Feb 1, 2023 3:24 PM
Dec 2021
Yeah but i'm from south america so catch me if you can lmao
Feb 1, 2023 5:25 PM

Jul 2022
The closest I come to piracy is using YouTube for shows that are behind a paywall elsewhere
Feb 1, 2023 5:56 PM
Oct 2017
My problem is that every season I need Crunchyroll + Netflix + Amazon Prime and Disney+ (last year because of Summertime rendering) to be able to watch every anime I want. Even so they still don't have some old anime that I want to watch. (Crunchyroll and netflix in Germany are trash <3 + as a student I am broke :))
Feb 1, 2023 6:21 PM

Feb 2021
No not really, I have basically every streaming service out there, and I mostly watch seasonal anime, so very rarely I need to pirate. 

This current season for instance there is no shows that I have to resort to piracy. 
The last one that I had to, would've been Futoku no Guild
Feb 1, 2023 6:30 PM

Nov 2011
I watch on Hulu, YouTube (official channels), TVer and GYAO! via VPN as well as downloaded episodes… although these days I’m mostly watching on those official platforms.

MadanielFL said:
No not really, I have basically every streaming service out there, and I mostly watch seasonal anime, so very rarely I need to pirate. 

This current season for instance there is no shows that I have to resort to piracy. 

Isn’t futoku no guild on Crunchyroll though?
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Feb 1, 2023 6:32 PM

Feb 2021
DreamingBeats said:

MadanielFL said:

Isn’t futoku no guild on Crunchyroll though?
No, idk where you got that, cause it never was. 
Feb 1, 2023 6:42 PM

Nov 2011
MadanielFL said:
No, idk where you got that, cause it never was. 

Ah, my mistake. I really thought it was available on CR, but guess not.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Feb 1, 2023 6:50 PM

Feb 2018
Yes but I plan to change that once I have income. Still might pirate if I can't find some show, as I don't exactly wanna sign up for multiple services and not get to watch what I want...

Feb 1, 2023 6:59 PM
Jan 2023
I have no life and no money so I can only pirate DX Also it's just stupid to pay for something when you can get it for free for the same quality.
Feb 1, 2023 7:38 PM

Sep 2020
Imagine paying for watch anime. There are better things to invest money.
Feb 1, 2023 8:26 PM

Feb 2021
RomanceEnjoyer48 said:
Imagine paying for watch anime. There are better things to invest money.
There is nothing wrong with supporting the industry if you are able to. 

But apparently you get made fun of by other anime fans if you support the type of media you consume...
Feb 3, 2023 2:21 AM

Sep 2007
Yes, but mostly torrent and no-legal streaming; unless I'm at friend's place who has netflix/amazon etc or watching a movie that comes to select theater for a limited time.
Feb 3, 2023 2:26 AM
Jul 2021
The question op should be asking is, who isn't pirating anime.

Sail the Se en Seas my friends, ffuk CR/Netflix/Amazon et cetera. 
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Feb 3, 2023 2:32 AM

Sep 2008
Will admit I mix my focus between buying up anime to view in physical formats and pirating via torrents or streaming, the latter particularly if the titles in question are currently airing, only available on streaming platforms, too costly to get an out of print copy or if licensed by Aniplex of America with their overpriced releases, or aren't available through any sort of legal means. Justification for me pirating is largely for cost-saving reasons and saving on shelf space for my physical collection. While I have no problem supporting the industry paying for physical releases as I've been well in the habit of keeping and watching titles in disc formats since starting my fandom up in the 2000s, I only have so much money and shelf space to set aside for it.
Feb 3, 2023 8:05 AM

Dec 2019
Very rarely do I buy anime DVD/BDs and I haven't subscribed to any steaming service so I usually pirate.
Feb 3, 2023 8:18 AM

Dec 2015
It dosen't really exist any good legit streaming service, i'm not a fan of Cruncy or Funimation.

So i normally just watch on pirate site and buy merch. I think this is the best way to support Japan's Anime industry.
I

Feb 3, 2023 8:29 AM

Feb 2015
Yes just because i cant afford to have all my anime in 1 place.

Feb 3, 2023 8:38 AM
Dec 2020
sometimes... 

I try to watch legally but some anime's aren't available on any streaming service (or it's on a streaming service I don't wanna pay for) so if I wanna watch it I pirate it. 
Feb 3, 2023 8:45 AM

Mar 2021
yes i do and i have no plans of ever stopping. the moral grandstanding is amusing to me considering that anime wouldn't even be a thing in the west if it wasn't for pirates back in the day. if you were born after the year 2000 and think pirating is wrong, i ask you to kindly shut the fuck up.
Feb 3, 2023 8:47 AM

Feb 2020
Yes, I pirate anime.

So what? :o ...
Feb 3, 2023 8:52 AM

Jan 2020
Sometimes I like to buy DVD series, but only if I really loved the anime and if I can afford it.
I bought The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Lupin The Third Part Four and some anime films.
Sometimes I use my relatives' Netflix, but I don't have it. I'm broke as all you are.
Feb 3, 2023 8:56 AM

Aug 2021
obviously, theres no other way to watch it in my region

borders are ruining the internet, it should be truly global, all of us deserve easy access to all content online, but things are geo locked
its like they want us to pirate everything
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Do you think we should have more realistic anime?

ImNotAnOtaku1 - Apr 14

38 by jieanteater »»
2 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

31 by ISeeLifePeople »»
3 minutes ago

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

174 by ColourWheel »»
10 minutes ago

» Anime show good at portraying female drama/toxicity?

passtur - Yesterday

34 by JKKH »»
14 minutes ago

» Reason versus emotion in the perception of anime

RobertBobert - Apr 14

6 by APolygons2 »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.