Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 2, 2018 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh, first half of this episode was boring with the conversations and talk about Theo.

Theo isn't afraid to speak his mind regardless what stands in front of him. One interesting part about this episode is the introduction of vampires though. There's also a bit of world fiction expansion with the Forest of Eternal Darkness.

This woman gave me some weird vibes:

Theo and Siluca really had their work cut out for them this time around. Too bad they couldn't save Clara in the end.
Stark700Feb 2, 2018 8:56 AM
Feb 2, 2018 9:49 AM

Dec 2014
The action was great, rest of the series is still pretty average for now.

The two werewolf girls are now with Theo. xD
Harem+=2; :3
Feb 2, 2018 9:53 AM

Jun 2013
I think this episode was a little worse than the previous one.
The first half was quite boring for me but overall the episode introduces some new interesting characters and had spectacular animation as I expected. 7/10, looking forward to next week.
MrMushinFeb 2, 2018 10:03 AM
Feb 2, 2018 9:54 AM

Jun 2016
Very sorry for Clara. The second half of the episode is more interesting than the first, but this does not mean that the first part is bad. The design of the new characters is great, especially I liked Helga :3. And yes Theo got new lovely werewolves companions Luna and Emma.
Feb 2, 2018 10:02 AM

Jul 2017
Pacing felt a better this episode. I guess everything that happened in the first four episodes would be akin to a prologue which is why they rushed it to get it out of the way.
Feb 2, 2018 10:06 AM

Jun 2016
This episode felt like a diferent anime to me. Maybe because the vampaire and his castle was almost a parody and I didn't belive it. Didn't like it.
Feb 2, 2018 10:15 AM

Aug 2008
Boy, whatever is ahead in this series must be amazing if they are in such a rush to get to it. All that I could take out of this episode is that black witch was kind of hot but stupid and that's pretty much it. It was like skipping couple episodes ahead by accident when watching a complete series.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 2, 2018 10:21 AM

Jun 2013
So...Finally meet the Blue Faced Person from the opening and those 2 girls....so He is Vampire King and that flying Woman ( that I mistake as Villar's mage) is Descendant of Black Witches...and looks like she is planning her own game to this Crest Wars.....using Vampires it seems.

I Like the Werewolf Queen....she would be good ally to Theo...and those OP Girls are Twin Princess huh?
We are so ahead Manga so I cannot say if they are rushing or not....most likely yes tough....

Villar so far has not been bad master.....he quite well shut this Traveling Prince up...this teach us that never take rumors granted....Villar might look like useless Womanizer....but Iwon't underestimate him anymore...

Rias gremory's Seiyu as Black witch....and VK caused that massacre that gave Flames of War new fuel....
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Feb 2, 2018 10:26 AM

Jun 2015
The designs of the werewolf look pretty cool. The fight against the Black Witch was good. She was pretty dumb though. The Vampire King is an interesting character. RIP Clara. Theo got got new werewolves companions.
Feb 2, 2018 10:28 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This felt massively rushed for some reason. Slow down, you have 24 episodes for crying out loud!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 2, 2018 10:30 AM

May 2013
Damn, this Vampire - Werewolf thing came out of nowhere, but I like it.
RIP milf WW. :'(
Feb 2, 2018 11:11 AM

Dec 2017
I didin't expect to see vampires or werewolves in this anime but... anything's possible, I guess. Overall I think this is a better episode than the previous one, but it's still kinda average. I don't know if I'll change my opinion on this, there are 19 episodes left and the anime can take a good route now. I hope it's going the right way.
Feb 2, 2018 11:20 AM
Nov 2017
The vampire king seems like an interesting character to me.

I don't think he particularly wants the world to fall to Chaos, he just wants to stay alive and keep the status quo.

If Chaos were to disappear then so would his powers and immortality.

Even though it doesn't seem like he wants to fight or want the world to fall to Chaos, allying himself with those who do (like the Black Witch) is the best way for him to keep his power.

I like characters with grey alignments, I hope his impact on the show ends up to be interesting.
Feb 2, 2018 11:29 AM

Aug 2013
Okay...another week and yet another clusterfuck of a rushed episode. I don't get it...new characters, new conflict, so much potential of being a little mini arc and it gets condensed into one episode! This series takes potentially good characters and a promising storyline and sacrifices all of that for 2-dimensional bs, a half-baked plot, an unnecessary lowkey harem, and a generic war story. Man 5 weeks into this and I don't see it getting better with 19 more to go. Dropped.
Don't believe the hype.
Feb 2, 2018 12:21 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So this land also has other races besides humans. But werewolves and vampires eh. So instead of becoming king Theo decided to become a knight once more. So their first mission is keeping the peace then. Too bad they got to the queen too late though. That black witch though really was powerful though. Still this battle at least reminded Theo that he needs to be stronger if he wants to fulfil his wish. To think that the two kids will join Theos staff though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2018 1:00 PM

Oct 2012
Guess there's more world-building as we got werewolves and vampires out of nowhere. Curious what else is in store and how it will all come together.
Feb 2, 2018 1:09 PM
Mar 2016
Man, I thought them werewolves can regenerate so why did the Leader died????

Man, did they just gave Theo a harem with those two werepuppies?????
Feb 2, 2018 1:57 PM

Feb 2015
This is the most generic episode yet. Watching this, each and every event that succeeded it's predecessor was as obvious as possible. And Theo couldn't possibly be any more a generic protagonist than he already is.

19 more episodes of probable pain to go.
Feb 2, 2018 2:31 PM
Jul 2018
Whoa this episode was really at least very entertaining compare to last two bad episodes with much better pacing. Not surprise to see fantasy elements like vampire or wolfhumans that finally reminds me that this show has fantasy stuff. The action battles were good too. Oh yeah now this show prove to me more curiousity thanks to two werewolf twins joined Theo XD (Hope they show up more often)

Feb 2, 2018 2:53 PM

Dec 2016
Vampire King, Black Witch, things are about to get even more serious.

Even someone who can live basically forever is afraid of dying.

Very sad the warewolf queen died but they have gained new ally's because they tried to help them & at least she did some damage to the black witch in the process.

The 2 daughters are joining them from now on, should be a lot of fun, plus they can fight so they will be useful.
Feb 2, 2018 3:46 PM

Jun 2015
I do love the fast pacing and the battle part was great as usual, at first I was worried by the sudden change but turned out it was baseless.
Feb 2, 2018 4:10 PM

Dec 2015
Boring episode. I hope this won't turn into "side stories" and adventuring. Hoping to see more army battles soon. That vampires and werewolves weren't necessary.
Feb 2, 2018 5:46 PM

Aug 2017
I fall asleep until the fight scene (was bad anyway). LMAO Theo is pathetic as ever. The other girl talks a lot. The vampires/werewolfs conflict is generic. 1/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 2, 2018 6:15 PM

Aug 2013
Man, I almost totally forgot about the whole "Chaos" thing...
Feb 2, 2018 7:29 PM
Jul 2016
The show got better! Twin Werewolf Maids! :D
Feb 2, 2018 8:51 PM

Jul 2016
The beginning of the episode was quite slow, and not in a good way. Theo is learnignh ow to fight better, though, and he's becoming a valuable asset, not that eh wasn't already one. Some of the scenes during the fights were pretty good, like the werewolf queen clawing a bit off the Black Witch. Theo deflecting the witches' high tier attack was cool to watch.

Feb 2, 2018 8:51 PM

Jul 2016
The beginning of the episode was quite slow, and not in a good way. Theo is learning how to fight better, though, and he's becoming a valuable asset, not that he wasn't already one. Some of the scenes during the fights were pretty good, like the werewolf queen clawing a bit off the Black Witch. Theo deflecting the witches' high tier attack was cool to watch.

The anime still sounded better, at first, than it truly is, though. The fights in previous episodes were much better than the ones present in this episode. The plot is not as interesting as it could've been either.

Feb 2, 2018 11:05 PM

Sep 2016
That was quick. First two minutes made me check the show name twice cause I thought I was watching some other show XD

Apart from that first half was kinda ok but second half was significantly better. Also, THEO DEFLECTED AN ATTACK! AMAZING!

Still a 6/10 for now, but I expect it to get better later on, if they slow down that is. Theo is collecting castles like Pokemon at this rate...
Feb 2, 2018 11:37 PM

Dec 2016
Can definitely see how this came from a DnD campaign, but I'm really digging it so far and am pretty pumped it's 24 episodes! Also pacing seemed a little better this week which is good
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 2, 2018 11:52 PM

May 2015
Man, I should have listened to my instincts and dropped it after I found the first episode not very enjoyable.

It's been a boring ride, time to hop off now.

Those that do like this series, I hope you continue to and that it doesn't disappoint you!
Feb 3, 2018 12:20 AM
Dec 2017
So what happened to him and Villar? Is Theo separate now and gained back land?
Feb 3, 2018 5:23 AM
Tuturuuuuuu

Sep 2016
It was just me or that was obvious that the twin wolf sisters would go with Theo?!
Feb 3, 2018 10:29 AM

Nov 2013
damn what a random episode LOL at least the new werewolf girls are nice, rip the mother tho

and like i said, my reason to watch this anime is mainly Aishela and i guess she won't appear more than 2 or 3 more times till the end...

oh well, let's keep going i guess, maybe this will be nice later since they probably have a reason to rush this start
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 3, 2018 1:45 PM

Jan 2011
Why is Theo staying at the castle?
Why did the two girls stay with him?

Rushed episodes leave these types of questions.
"I hate to lose more than I like to win, the only reason I like to win is so I do not have to lose." - Manti Teo
Feb 3, 2018 5:01 PM

Jan 2014
light333 said:
Why is Theo staying at the castle?
Why did the two girls stay with him?

Rushed episodes leave these types of questions.

Pretty sure he explained it at the end... Are you not reading? (Although I agree it's probably rushed)

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Feb 3, 2018 5:33 PM

Feb 2013
Twins!

Turning a broom into a magic missile was kinda cool.
Feb 3, 2018 6:07 PM

Oct 2013
While some people are saying this episode was rushed, it was probably the best one of the series so far. I thought the first four were very poorly executed. At least in this episode the pace was relatively slower compared to the previous episodes and much more coherent.
Feb 3, 2018 6:52 PM
Jul 2017
Djerabis said:
This episode felt like a diferent anime to me. Maybe because the vampaire and his castle was almost a parody and I didn't belive it. Didn't like it.

Yah, I loled at the vampire playing organ music, at least he wasn't playing Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor. But in that scene where the bats are flying out of the castle I almost expected the classic Scooby Doo theme song to play.

This series will never be good. The best it can be is: not terrible. And maybe fun in a cringe / ironic /campy kind of way.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Feb 3, 2018 11:02 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was better than the ""average"" war show we had before.
I hope we will have more episodes like this, it's not good but still better
Feb 4, 2018 2:41 AM
Jan 2017
I enjoyed from the episode.
Feb 4, 2018 10:03 AM
Dec 2014
Hmm... The Empire, Chaos, Vampires, Warewolves, Mages, Witches... Is this Warhammer the anime? If I see Elves and Orks in this story I'll be convinced that this is Warhammer the anime.
Feb 4, 2018 4:35 PM

Nov 2009
Holy shit I was never expecting frigging vamps and werewolves for some reason lmao, I hope they move away from that crap as soon as possible.
Feb 4, 2018 8:24 PM

Jul 2015
DARK SKIN WOLF GIRLS JOIN THE PARTY. Thats a +1 to my final score for this anime. And umm, rest of it was cool too.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 5, 2018 4:21 AM

Oct 2008
Is this supposed to he a new arc?
anywayz, we have 2 new additional characters, the two maids who are twins and teen werewolves...
3/5.

Feb 5, 2018 5:24 AM
Feb 2011
Episode covered 1 whole volume. We are moving into volume 3 next. Enjoy!
Feb 5, 2018 6:26 AM

Jan 2011
Thought I was watching Overlord at first.
Feb 5, 2018 9:55 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Damn there are some fine women in this show. The sexy Black Witch, Milf werewolf, sexy mages; the author has a fine taste in women.

It's great that twin maid werewolfs have joined the harem.... But why? I would've at least seen them ask to join or something. Did they have a particular reason? They could've shown them pledging themselves to defeating the Chaos for their mother's sake. That would've at least been good character development. Regardless, I'm happy to see cute twins.

Now we also have some Vampire King. Not sure how I feel about that. Guess we'll see what role he plays soon enough.

So have they established the Vampire King's castle as their own? How do they know he's not coming back? It's a little nitpicky, but it bothers me a little.

ReaperCreeper said:
Thought I was watching Overlord at first.

Lmao I thought the same exact thing
Feb 6, 2018 5:27 AM
Mar 2012
lol werewolves who's wolf form is tiny compared to human form, and vampire with all the right 'horror cliches'.
Black Witch, cool design but she acts really weird like mental. So Theo suddenly got Rem & Ram and former vampire's forest.
Fight was fantastic, more interesting than some fate fights with dat broom attack.
Feb 9, 2018 11:24 PM

Mar 2009
Why'd they kill off that gorgeous woman right after introducing her in this episode? Come on, man.

Yeah, the witch is hot, but she's evil as fuck.
Feb 15, 2018 10:47 AM

Dec 2016
Emma and Luna are cuties <3
This episode was ok. Although I find it too sudden for a chararter we just barelly met dies in a single episode :(

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2018

489 by DesolatePsyche »»
Mar 26, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

146 by Leniam »»
Feb 27, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 22 Discussion

Icedout15 - Oct 25, 2018

5 by phantom346 »»
Feb 3, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 24 Discussion

ToG25thBaam - Aug 8, 2018

37 by Princesanatankum »»
Jan 29, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2018

69 by phantom346 »»
Jan 16, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.