Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2018 11:01 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Humanity does have hope!

Senku is such a lucky guy for having so many people that believe in him.
Feb 1, 2018 11:04 PM

Mar 2015
ray of hope from six people, finnaly recieved after thousands years!

"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 2, 2018 2:31 AM
Dec 2016
Senku's Dad is so cool.

He is pretty smart and hardworking too. Semi must have rubbed off on Byakuya.

But its nice to see so many people having faith in one high school genius.

So South America was the origin. Must have been aliens, no Aztecs could have built those altars/pyramids.
Feb 2, 2018 4:07 AM

Jul 2014
Choo choo, the feels train is not stopping yet...

Also, quite impressive, that Senku was adopted? Wow. They had a very beautiful dynamic, it's quite a pain to know that Byakuya has been gone for over 5 milleniums...
Feb 2, 2018 5:17 AM

Jan 2011
Not blood related, but they look so similar.
Feb 2, 2018 5:38 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I wonder if Ruri's family are direct descendants of Byakuya and the singing girl
Feb 2, 2018 5:48 AM

Oct 2015
tfw just drop not blood related bomb so casually just so can ship with kohaku smh
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Feb 2, 2018 7:26 AM

Sep 2013
NBR and all those scientists haven't invented anything and just died leaving no knowledge behind :(
Feb 2, 2018 9:15 AM

Aug 2016
nukerxero123 said:
Senku's Dad is so cool.

He is pretty smart and hardworking too. Semi must have rubbed off on Byakuya.

But its nice to see so many people having faith in one high school genius.

So South America was the origin. Must have been aliens, no Aztecs could have built those altars/pyramids.

Oh, there it go!
there it go!!
Every time old civilizations are taken in consideration, a conspiracy man got to pull aliens out of his ass. that´s what they want. Aliens! ALIENS! Let me tell you something once for all. Aliens are good, but compared to aztecs, aliens ain´t sh*t

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vWWw9LffCFY/hqdefault.jpg
:v
Feb 2, 2018 1:12 PM

Oct 2011
So Senku got married to his great^300 granddaughter :P And to fix that the author mentioned in this chapter that Senku is not blood related to his father

Feb 3, 2018 6:22 AM

Jul 2016
Avoiding the incest route that cheeky bastard.
Feb 3, 2018 11:24 AM

Apr 2012
Still wondering how the descendants of some of the brightest minds on Earth (barring perhaps the tourist gal) are an illiterate stone-age society. Sure, Byakuya and co had their hands full just surviving in a barren world, but why not put in place some system of knowledge transfer for future generations?
Feb 3, 2018 5:09 PM
Oct 2017
Restless_Hero said:
Still wondering how the descendants of some of the brightest minds on Earth (barring perhaps the tourist gal) are an illiterate stone-age society. Sure, Byakuya and co had their hands full just surviving in a barren world, but why not put in place some system of knowledge transfer for future generations?

I'm pretty sure we're Senku hearing the 100th story as told by the current priestess, Ruri, of the system of knowledge transfer. I don't know if the story, Ruri, or Senku shoehorned in why marrying his stepmother's reincarnation adoptive parent's descendant isn't weird but that told me this isn't exactly a flashback. Hopefully the point of the story is to answer questions and wrap the arc up quickly, and I'd personally prefer survival or having their hands full used to address a minor plot hole over a long answer. Not that the method of education or recording history they chose to pass on is minor, but it will probably be shown to us soon within the village's history, along with how Lillan's songs outlasted/sort of became their new system.

Hopefully they're in a rush to get back to Taiju, without rushing through the village's history, and most importantly not without explaining how 6 people can produce a gene pool that lasts for 3 thousand years.
Tryin to make a change :-\
Feb 8, 2018 5:17 AM

Nov 2016
The ship can sail now.

Like the previous chapter,the events amaze me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 1, 2019 8:54 AM
Oct 2018
So the six astronauts just stay on that island instead of trying to go in Japan. While it was not long since humans had been petrified which means everything was still perfectly in place, just with a few more statues. And they could have tried to rebuild civilization without losing anything on the way. But they preferred to stay on their island ...

Now that I think of it I think that at the end, when they were sick, two of them actually tried to go look for some medication. I wonder what happend to them. But anyway they should have definitively try to go there sooner.

And well done for all the adoption stuff to avoid incest but it shouldn’t be a problem for the writer when we know that for more than 3700 years, all the villagers just had children with people having the same six common ancestors, which is impossible but that’s a probleme for another time.
DieuMivasJun 1, 2019 9:24 AM
Jul 31, 2019 1:57 PM

Oct 2013
Senku and his father were so similar to each other in every aspect. It was quite a surprise to hear they were not blood-related.

I'm worried about biological variety and health of those villagers... They all have connections to only 6 people, so breeding children by close relatives was inevitable. I'm surprised they are not degenerated physically somehow, but yeah, I know - it's only a manga, not reality. ;p
Aug 1, 2019 3:08 AM

Mar 2014
So not even the opposite side of the Earth was spared. I'm going with the theory that the light reflected within the atmosphere to travel across the world from the point of origin. The light wasn't strong enough to fully escape the atmosphere so everyone on Earth was affected, but the people up outside the atmosphere in space were spared the negative affects.

"we may not be related by blood" yeah just throw that one line in there so Senku doesn't have any problems getting shipped by the fans lol
Sep 18, 2019 1:52 PM

Sep 2014
The author would've been better off if he said the village was made by some random people who awakened accidentally (like Senku or something) sometime in the past than having this approach... Like, what were they even thinking. The first thing the astronauts would've done was make a base in some nearby city, with access to the hospital, battery, food, water, books, etc. From there try to do something about the situation, since they were already top notch scientists. But they decided to make a village, on a deserted island, that's now connected to the mainland by a small bridge(?), starting with only 6 people, their descendants able to survive 3.7K years without any major health issues, and many, many other absurd plot holes...
I'm sorry, but if you want to make a story where science is your main focus/tool, you should at least try to pay attention to what you do... This was really horrible...
Apr 1, 2021 10:44 AM

May 2017
Seeing Senku with tears really got me emotional. Very strong chapter!

More topics from this board

» Volume 27 will be released on 4th April 2024

Adnash - Mar 28

3 by XGirl86 »»
Apr 15, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 232 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ArtaRay - Mar 2, 2022

83 by Nerdason »»
Mar 21, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 231 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2022

23 by Nerdason »»
Mar 20, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 228 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2022

35 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 227 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2022

32 by Nerdason »»
Mar 16, 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.