Forum Settings
Forums
New
thoughts on mushrooms
Feb 1, 2018 6:11 PM

Sep 2015
okay i was talking with my friend the other day and apparently, he HATES mushrooms. he then goes and asks like 10 other people if they liked mushrooms and nearly all of them said no...

now, i LOVE mushrooms, i think they're amazing and tasty~
but im just wondering if you like mushrooms?
Feb 1, 2018 6:14 PM

Sep 2009
Y'know, there's a pretty huge difference in taste across the varieties of mushrooms.
I generally don't like how they taste by themselves, but their flavor can still improve certain dishes.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Feb 1, 2018 6:15 PM
Nov 2017
Mushrooms, can be great or disgusting depending on the type. Some taste great on pizza, some do not work in sauce. Some make you try and herd your cats around the backyard at 3:00 am.
Feb 1, 2018 6:51 PM

Feb 2008
I thought you were talking about the drug so I answered wrong

Yea I love those shrooms
Feb 1, 2018 7:00 PM

Oct 2010
Mushrooms are fantastic. Best pizza topping, good to throw in stir fries, good to eat on their own, good to eat raw in salads, etc.
Feb 1, 2018 7:01 PM

Jan 2018
they shaped like dicks like i aint on that gay shit like you just missed me with those dildo lookin ass things
⧸ ⧹⧸ ⧹⧸ ⧹
Feb 1, 2018 7:05 PM

Feb 2010
mehh.. not really, like 90% too gross to eat
Feb 1, 2018 7:06 PM

May 2016
See OP, you ain't fooling me.
I know you're low-key talking about the drug. Your 'shrooms'.
Nah, nuh-uh.
I ain't fuckin' with that
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Feb 1, 2018 7:25 PM

May 2013
I love mushrooms :) Especially finding them in nature. That's like, the best part about spring. After it rains there's shrooms everywhere.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Feb 1, 2018 7:42 PM

Feb 2017
I like the flavor, but I don't want to just eat a whole mushroom.
Feb 1, 2018 7:51 PM

Nov 2017
I only like mushrooms if it's with something
Feb 1, 2018 7:51 PM

Apr 2014
Once my dad picked a whole garbage bag full of mushrooms in the garden but they were really toadstools. He was convinced they were mushrooms though and cooked them. The whole house smelt like poisonous gases yet for some reason he said they smelt delicious. After cooking a couple in butter, he chewed one of them up in his mouth only to spit it back out several sections later, because they were, in fact, toadstools. A month or so later he picked more mushrooms because he said that he still wasn't 100% convinced they were toadstools, and the whole ordeal happened again.

Anyways, yes I do like mushrooms.

Fun fact: If you put mushrooms on your window sill to sun bathe in the sun-rays they absorb the vitamin D. It's a good way of getting your vitamin D if you don't like going in the sun.
Feb 1, 2018 7:57 PM

Jul 2015
There are two types of people in this world: ones who really like mushrooms and ones who really don’t
I’m the former
Feb 1, 2018 8:06 PM

Mar 2016
If I can cover them with egg and flour and fry them, then they are good.
Feb 1, 2018 8:28 PM

May 2013
Bambi said:

Fun fact: If you put mushrooms on your window sill to sun bathe in the sun-rays they absorb the vitamin D. It's a good way of getting your vitamin D if you don't like going in the sun.

that would be some serious wizard shit lol
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Feb 1, 2018 9:22 PM

Aug 2015
I don't really like white button mushrooms, but I'm fond of mushrooms like shiitake where you leave it in broth/cook it with broth and it soaks it all up and it's niceeee.

❝ falling sick on a journey
my dream wanders around
fields of dry grass. ❞
()
Feb 1, 2018 9:25 PM

Sep 2017
I like edible mushrooms.
Not poisonous ones or ones that make you high.
:P
Feb 1, 2018 9:25 PM

Jun 2016
I absolutely hate mushrooms, but everyone in my family loves it, and they cook it often. That’s why I don’t usually eat with my family anymore
Feb 1, 2018 10:41 PM

Aug 2015
hmmm
i dont really eat them often
and i only like them when theyre cooked
the texture kinda weirds me out tho ngl

Billie Eilish - idontwannabeyouanymore

0:00 ●━━━━━━─────── 3:24

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

Feb 1, 2018 11:01 PM
Jul 2018
Magic mushrooms, yeah, those are great ^^
Shit, not those mushrooms!...
Yeah, I liked them, a lot.
Feb 1, 2018 11:03 PM

Dec 2015
Yes, I adore cooking with shiitake mushrooms. Very versatile and tasty since it soaks up the flavors of other ingredients.

xx0:44 ─🔘────────────── 04:44x
xxxxxxxxx ❚❚ xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Feb 1, 2018 11:43 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah, I rarely eat them but I still like the taste.
Feb 2, 2018 1:03 AM

Jan 2016
I used to like them, but after a little incident that happened i can't even stand the smell.
Feb 2, 2018 4:42 AM

Mar 2008
Yeah but depends on the kind. I haven't tried many before. I also have this powdered mushroom mix that I use to make a tea latte by heating milk and stiring in about two teaspoons and add sugar. I sayy mix because it has many varieties in it. 20 or 30 if I recall.

Bambi said:
Once my dad picked a whole garbage bag full of mushrooms in the garden but they were really toadstools. He was convinced they were mushrooms though and cooked them. The whole house smelt like poisonous gases yet for some reason he said they smelt delicious. After cooking a couple in butter, he chewed one of them up in his mouth only to spit it back out several sections later, because they were, in fact, toadstools. A month or so later he picked more mushrooms because he said that he still wasn't 100% convinced they were toadstools, and the whole ordeal happened again.

Anyways, yes I do like mushrooms.

Toadstool is just another name for certain mushrooms isn't it? Not all mushrooms are edible and can be poisonous even if they aren't called toadstools so he shouldn't be doing that without getting A professional identify them because many edible species have poisonous lookalikes. When I hear toadstool I think of the fly agaric mushroom (amanita muscaria). Was it red with white spots? If so that's what it was and it's considered poisonous but people eat them for their hallucinogenic properties.
Feb 2, 2018 4:45 AM

Apr 2015
I love mushrooms. They're great on pizza and on burgers for a little added texture.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Feb 2, 2018 4:48 AM
Jan 2013
something I really want to do is just find this huge puffball and butterfry it
I've only eaten very few kind of mushrooms but I enjoyed what I had till now
gone bai bai
Feb 2, 2018 4:52 AM

Nov 2017
I really like the psilocybin ones. Those are the best
Feb 2, 2018 4:53 AM

Apr 2014
traed said:
Toadstool is just another name for certain mushrooms isn't it? Not all mushrooms are edible and can be poisonous even if they aren't called toadstools so he shouldn't be doing that without getting A professional identify them because many edible species have poisonous lookalikes. When I hear toadstool I think of the fly agaric mushroom (amanita muscaria). Was it red with white spots? If so that's what it was and it's considered poisonous but people eat them for their hallucinogenic properties.
I've always just thought a toadstool is a poisonous mushroom, but I'm not sure. He was convinced he was right though, because he peeled some part of the mushroom back which meant it was a real one. He was just silly.
Feb 2, 2018 4:57 AM
Aug 2016
I like mushrooms, especially the poisonous ones hahaha.

Nooo, I was just kidding, I don't like the poisonous ones, but I do like mushrooms in general. But I don't like all mushrooms and I don't like everything that is made out of mushrooms, I just like some stuff, because I'm very picky about food in general.
Feb 2, 2018 5:01 AM

Mar 2008
Bambi said:
traed said:
I've always just thought a toadstool is a poisonous mushroom, but I'm not sure. He was convinced he was right though, because he peeled some part of the mushroom back which meant it was a real one. He was just silly.

Toadstool is more of a common term not really used in any mushroom identification but any poisonous or otherwise non edible sounds about right. That's why professionals don't distinguish them as toadstools and mushrooms. Some people got false ideas how to identify them but there is no consistent trait between poisonous and edible mushrooms that could be used to identify them appart from eachother consistently. What he did doesn't sound like any nethod of identification I ever heard. He's lucky he didn't poison himself.
Feb 2, 2018 5:09 AM
Jul 2018
i dont like mushrooms i think they tase horrible and my dad allways calls them fungus witch puts me off even more
Feb 2, 2018 5:23 AM

Apr 2014
traed said:
Bambi said:

Toadstool is more of a common term not really used in any mushroom identification but any poisonous or otherwise non edible sounds about right. That's why professionals don't distinguish them as toadstools and mushrooms. Some people got false ideas how to identify them but there is no consistent trait between poisonous and edible mushrooms that could be used to identify them appart from eachother consistently. What he did doesn't sound like any nethod of identification I ever heard. He's lucky he didn't poison himself.
This is interesting. It mentions some mushroom identification methods. One of them is 'to peel the cap to notice if the colour turns to silver black ' but they say it's not a good method.
https://www.burkesbackyard.com.au/fact-sheets/in-the-garden/gardening-tips-books-techniques-and-tools/mushrooms-and-toadstools/
Feb 2, 2018 5:33 AM

Mar 2008
Bambi said:
traed said:

This is interesting. It mentions some mushroom identification methods. One of them is 'to peel the cap to notice if the colour turns to silver black ' but they say it's not a good method.
https://www.burkesbackyard.com.au/fact-sheets/in-the-garden/gardening-tips-books-techniques-and-tools/mushrooms-and-toadstools/

Hm I see. The better way is identification of the exact species which involves the gill spacing and spore print and the veil and location where it's growing among many other things. I might look for mushrooms where I am some time since some guys came to my house once asking to do that on our property saying they had before we lived here. So I'm curious what they were looking for.
Feb 2, 2018 5:42 AM

Apr 2014
traed said:
Bambi said:

Hm I see. The better way is identification of the exact species which involves the gill spacing and spore print and the veil and location where it's growing among many other things. I might look for mushrooms where I am some time since some guys came to my house once asking to do that on our property saying they had before we lived here. So I'm curious what they were looking for.
Have you ever seen a red toadstool with white spots before irl?

OH BTW I just recalled something. My dad saw a patch of mushrooms that were small and round and he excitingly said,' button mushrooms!!' I think he was joking by that point though.
Feb 2, 2018 5:50 AM

Mar 2008
Bambi said:
traed said:

Have you ever seen a red toadstool with white spots before irl?

OH BTW I just recalled something. My dad saw a patch of mushrooms that were small and round and he excitingly said,' button mushrooms!!' I think he was joking by that point though.

No I wish. They look whimsical. Not sure id eat it since although the hallucinations sound interesting it also makes people throw up.

He might have thought of these
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agaricus_bisporus
Feb 2, 2018 7:06 AM

Aug 2013
This is pretty bizarre, but I used to have an intense fear of mushrooms when I was a child, and I would go to great extents to avoid them (like going much longer different paths, not entering the woods during summer, etc), but these days I'm fine with them. I used to dislike the taste of mushrooms, but now I'm quite fond of them, especially in stir fries and when I make sauces with them. They have a lot of culinary uses!
Feb 2, 2018 7:18 AM

Jan 2017
Mushroom is something I don't usually eat. And if I did, it's a topping so I don't particulary like or hate them.
Feb 2, 2018 8:45 AM

Mar 2016
No, I hate mushrooms.
I recall I once wanted to eat a poisonous one.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Feb 2, 2018 4:04 PM
Jul 2018
Mushrooms are great
Unless they’re poisonous
Then they kill you

More topics from this board

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

55 by Destinesia »»
14 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - 10 hours ago

9 by Hikinekomori »»
27 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - 4 hours ago

7 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

26 by deg »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - Yesterday

12 by Lightskynight »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.