Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Laid-Back Camp
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 2, 2018 11:24 AM

Jul 2015
That ending was GORGEOUS. Down right beautiful, a truly great episode once again.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 2, 2018 11:46 AM

May 2009
Poor Rin, she goes so far and the onsen had to be closed. It was such a gorgeous place too.
Feb 2, 2018 7:01 PM

Jun 2014
Watching the girls getting startled by the 'canadian candle' falling apart was the happiest Ive been all week. Too kawaii
Feb 2, 2018 10:09 PM

Dec 2012
Why do inuyama's melons look like boobs?

what

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Feb 2, 2018 10:34 PM

Nov 2013
Rin reading a book about UFOs and seeing a weirdly moving light in the sky was hilarious. And her reaction, when she noticed, that the Onsen was closed was priceless. Felt sorry for her though.

Nadeshiko and Co. managed to escape the temptations of the Onsen after all, even if they overslept.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 2, 2018 11:55 PM

Nov 2010
hahailham1 said:
Rin x Nadeshiko best friendship of the year? Both going out in the night just to take picture for each other is really sweet for me.

Exactly what i was thinking after the last 10 minutes. The chatting was just sooo sweet...
Feb 3, 2018 12:29 AM

Dec 2009
I watch this when i go to bed... it's really nice for that.

Heh that UFO.

"Huh?"
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 3, 2018 12:58 AM

Feb 2014
GenesisAria said:
I watch this when i go to bed... it's really nice for that.

Heh that UFO.

"Huh?"

Like bedtime stories~

UFO pun was interesting XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 3, 2018 5:19 AM

Feb 2008
One can only commend Rin's perseverance as she chose to travel 150 kilometres on a moped. Too bad that her hopes to take a bath afterwards were abruptly crushed. At least the trip (as well as the visit to an onsen) worked out for Rin. It also seems that she has developed an inkling of a doubt whether she should continue her trips alone.

The trio's trip was equally charming. Their onsen visit provided an intriguing take on fanservice. (Aoi...) However, the trio's (un)expected) surge of listlessness after paying a visit was even more amusing. Warm places tend to have an uncanny amount of attraction.

On a related note, Nadeshiko's and Rin's exchange of nocturnal views was heart-warming.
Feb 3, 2018 6:05 AM

May 2015
Swim_Swim said:
zzzz.....dropped

How many shows do you drop every season?

Feb 3, 2018 6:26 AM

Nov 2011
Once again the characters and the seiyuu, with their interpretation, have succeeded in giving another great episode. I also came to think about how smartphones can be useful and how beautiful the cities can be illuminated at night, thanks to this anime series. The narration was a real pleasure to follow, I await the next episode with the same joy with which I am following this anime series.

P.S. now I also know what it's called that thing that Lindel used to cook, thanks girls!
Feb 3, 2018 8:04 AM

Jun 2015
Kittens-kun said:
Swim_Swim said:
zzzz.....dropped

I always check out everything from the new season, usually dropping 75% of the shows I started after few episodes, at the end of the season this can be up to 90%.
If I dont enjoy something for several episodes then chances are that wont change no matter how much episode I force myself.
Feb 3, 2018 8:45 AM

Apr 2010
People are complaining about still shots in a scenic anime about camping? Holding onto good shots is exactly what this show should be, and is doing. Loving it. So many fantastic shots, screenshots galore.
Feb 3, 2018 10:07 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Aoi has a big bust as seen in the opening of the episode, she did look more bustier than the other girls.
It was a pretty lovely episode overall. I like that they show 2 different perspectives of camping, group and solo. Although I hope Rin joins Nadeshiko, Aoi and Chiaki and goes camping with them even if it's just one time.
So hilarious when Rin found out the business was closed lol

But in the end she was able to camp and get a good picture to send to Nadeshiko.
Chiaki's reaction when the logs fell apart lol
Overall best SOL this season.

Feb 3, 2018 10:20 AM

Oct 2010
antonnn said:
People are complaining about still shots in a scenic anime about camping? Holding onto good shots is exactly what this show should be, and is doing. Loving it. So many fantastic shots, screenshots galore.

I didn't talk about the gorgeous still shots of the scenery, but the ones used for mundane actions like setting the tent in this case, with the Outdoors Club trio. There was a visual direction I liked a lot in previous episodes that put emphasis on animating these little things, like when Rin prepares her tent in episodes 1 and 2 and we see the process, so I found this change of style off-putting.
Feb 3, 2018 12:24 PM

Feb 2013
Is the soundtrack going to be released after the anime finishes? I have no idea how that works.
Feb 3, 2018 2:24 PM

Jul 2016
Amazing morning and night time scenery. Rin actually regretted going so far to camp for once, which is surprising. She couldn't catch a break, with both the hot spring and the viewing post, essentially being closed or unusable.

Nadeshiko, Aki, and Aoi had tons of fun with the hot spring, and resting for way too long. Even though they were late to their camp site, they still had tons of fun, though. I don't know if I'd like curry, but Rin's dish looked really good. I'd have to use ingredients I know I like, though, but the end result looks tasty either way. It's something to plan for before going camping. Nadeshiko and Rin seem to get along so well and have tons of fun together, even though they're not together. This episode might be the coziest one so far.

Feb 3, 2018 2:26 PM

Jul 2016
Oh_Rusty_Nail said:
Is the soundtrack going to be released after the anime finishes? I have no idea how that works.

I hope so. That's a good question.

Feb 3, 2018 2:34 PM

May 2010
Chiaki has such an ossan personality, I like.
Beautiful episoe as always.
Feb 3, 2018 4:45 PM

Feb 2015
Aww this is such a sweet anime. Really love it. And I still can't get over how awesome the OP is.

I know it's early to say this, but I really hope they make a sequel to this set in the summer. Winter camping is really enjoyable to see with it being all about cosy fires keeping warm, but camping set in the summer would have a charm to it as well.
Feb 3, 2018 9:40 PM

Oct 2015
A little bit of fanservice at the start and damn Aoi has a nice huge breast! I’ve already noticed it since the first time saw her, but still. Anyway, Poor Rin traveling for 150 km only to found out the onsen is closed. I can’t possibly go 150 km by myself, it’s so lonely. When will all of them camping together?
Feb 4, 2018 12:27 AM

Jan 2015
Oh_Rusty_Nail said:

It’s usually released when the anime is about to finish or it’s just finished
Feb 4, 2018 1:51 AM

Sep 2011
Swim_Swim said:
Kittens-kun said:

I always check out everything from the new season, usually dropping 75% of the shows I started after few episodes, at the end of the season this can be up to 90%.
If I dont enjoy something for several episodes then chances are that wont change no matter how much episode I force myself.

Sounds like you really don't enjoy anime. Seriously 250 complete vs 227 dropped and an average score of 3.86?
Feb 4, 2018 6:36 AM

Jun 2014
I'm finally up to date with this show. I wasn't expecting it to be this nice, this is the best Kirara Time adaptation since New Game probably. Best episode of the show as well, the night scene at the end was top tier. I appreciate how anime are finally using social media and messaging aps to convey conversations, it was about time.
:3
Feb 4, 2018 3:23 PM

Oct 2015
The background scene in this anime is mind blowing especially when Rin was travelling to the hot springs( I was mesmerized). Too bad though she didn't find one that is open.

Cool ep.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 5, 2018 3:28 AM
Dec 2017
Genix said:
2C is nothing. Here in central Canada we're accustomed to -25C weather all winter long.

In Finland winter officially starts when news arrive of canadians evacuating polar bears due to excessive cold... If mercury and vodka doesn't freeze outdoors, it's not yet winter enough!

BTW, the Yurucamp girls should go camping in Hokkaido, get kidnapped by a russian pioneer girl commando and experience camping in Siberia.
Feb 5, 2018 2:42 PM

Jan 2013
The best anime is back <3
I don't know how to explain this but this simply gets even better, i don't know how to explain this xD
Poor Rin, that simply wasn't your day xD Can't wait to see them camping together.
The landscapes at the end of the episode were phenomenal, i'm speechless.

Glad that Rin managed to go to the spa :3

This view is breathtaking.
AivanKFeb 5, 2018 2:47 PM
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 5, 2018 2:47 PM

Jan 2013
Sorreh said:
GangsterCat said:
Why is this anime so perfect????? they done literally everything right

I don't know how is this possible, I never felt this good with an anime.
It even remind things that i forgot.
And i got a new wallpapaer with the end

Yes omg yes! I'm so glad that i'm not the only one who feels just like this.
I can't explain why.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 5, 2018 2:48 PM

Jan 2013
duderus said:

I got so many stitches and screenshots from this episode O.o

Thanks for the screenshots :)

Feb 5, 2018 9:33 PM

May 2015
Delicious Aoi ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 6, 2018 4:54 AM
Feb 2016
They introduced a different type of campfire in this episode, I wonder if they will eventually make a huge 'campfire' like the one in Donto festival in Sendai, they are always saying it's cold, not to mention Rin didn't get to have her hot spring dip. xD
Feb 7, 2018 2:22 AM

Jan 2017
Really beautiful episode, the best one so far imo.

And I can't really get over that opening.
Feb 7, 2018 2:16 PM
Feb 2018
My review of Yuru Camp
You say: slice of life
I say: who cares? If I wanted to see normal people do normal things I wouldn’t watch anime, I would just live life
And then a little show called Yuru Camp, siddled up to me, stroked my neck and whispered in my ear: but what if slice of life was good
And I said: …tell me more
Accurate depiction of my relationship with this anime
Feb 8, 2018 6:33 AM

Apr 2015
The proportion of lewd pics Aoi is getting in pixiv is unreal...Kasen is 15% or so and far away on the lead in the whole of Touhou and Aoi is getting what, 30%?

Making a good SOL, how hard can it be!?
Yuru Camp makes it seem so easy.
Well...at least I have Amanchu to wait for next season.
Feb 8, 2018 7:21 AM

Apr 2017
ahaha what the fu** that UFO ?!!!

Feb 8, 2018 5:42 PM
Jul 2015
I love how the show shows the good sides of both solo camping and group camping, it doesn't try to push the "everything is better with friends" trope but still allows Rin to be sorta social at the same time. Just a good show to be enjoyed without shoving some unnecessary message in your face :)
Feb 11, 2018 12:34 PM

Jun 2007
from this thread i got to know about several nasty ass deep fried foods lol.... we don't have anything like that here. i'd like to try deep-fried egg though
too much fanservice with underage girls. i'd appreciate better to get a little with nadeshiko's sister....
the way rin was constantly cold, even in her sleeping bag, was not "comfy" at all. couldn't she have dressed more wise?
SorvarinFeb 11, 2018 12:38 PM
see you, space cowperson . . .
Feb 14, 2018 10:06 PM
Dec 2017
This show exudes an incredible warmness. The food looks delicious and the scenery is gorgeous. I'm loving the Rin and Nadeshiko bonding, too. Awesome anime.
Feb 16, 2018 7:18 PM

Aug 2012
-i totally forgot that this was a dual perspective episode, this has the potential to be super fun
-wtf aoi's fuckin stacked
-that moment of silence in the music was actually pretty well timed for comedic effect
-poor rin
-i dunno there's something about rin's internal monologues that is inherently funny to me
-milk in a broth?
-nadeshiko's total freakout was pretty good
-campfire facts the animation
-rin has a pretty eclectic taste in books
-also rin and nadeshiko's character interactions have all been super cute
-is she scared or trying to sneeze
-like the whole night scenery exchange sequence was exactly the shit i like
-this movie-style ED though

I am fully convinced that this show would be at the same quality, if not better, if it just literally cut Chiaki and Aoi from the show. It really seems that literally the only reason they exist is to give Nadeshiko a camping group separate from Rin. It also doesn't help that I personally find Rin's monologues a lot more entertaining than whatever Chiaki and Aoi have to say.

Alright that's enough bagging on Aki and Aoi - I actually liked this episode overall. I'm a fan of any time there's concurrent storytelling of multiple points of view, and especially if there's somehow a unifying factor that ties them together, other than time. That little scene between Rin and Nadeshiko at the end had like 3 things that I absolutely love: cityscapes or townscapes at night, nature scenery, and the friendship between Rin and Nadeshiko. I guess the last of those three things includes the whole feeling of being together but apart, and the last frame of the episode before the ED just really tied all these things together in the best way possible. In an episode like this, that last frame really couldn't have been more representative of the camping trips.

And, as always, the camping stuff itself is always super mellow.
Feb 18, 2018 8:34 AM

Apr 2017
No more comment, I can't find anything to complain. This show is just so perfect, so calming, and so on.
The scenery is so BEAUTIFUL, and that huge rack caught me out unexpecting. Really looks forward to next episode.

Oh and for the moped talk, I am quite sure its a Honda Scoopy (at least thats what it called in Indonesia). Instead of 50cc, it got 110cc. And for how it can carry such baggage, the moped got quite some torque, I have one similar to it, and the performance is amazing, so I think thats why Rin can take it there (aside from this being only an anime)

Ps, sorry for the wall of text
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Feb 18, 2018 6:37 PM

Apr 2013

Me after putting all those stitches together and choosing my favourite screenshots

Feb 24, 2018 3:08 AM

Oct 2010
I rewatched it, and nevermind my previous criticism. This episode is wonderful. It flows so well. It uses music and transitions so well. Even if it *could* have made more of an effort to animate the mundane parts everything else is a highlight. One of the best episodes of the winter season and the "shared scenery" part is among the best crafted I've seen in anime, with not even an inch of doubt.
Mar 6, 2018 5:12 AM

Jul 2009
It was really nice to see the 2 camps.
Mar 15, 2018 5:19 PM
Mar 2018
this is definetly one of those anime that the food looks better than in real life
Mar 17, 2018 7:46 AM
Dec 2017
I shed a tear about how beautiful ythe scene when Rin and Nadeshiko exchanges their views photo.
I want to see Japan so badly after I watch this anome
Mar 26, 2018 10:02 AM

Apr 2015
That deep fried egg looked too good. I can’t wait until our solo camper breaks out of her routine and goes camping with the other girls.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 6, 2018 1:09 AM

Jan 2015
Rin, don't get tempted. That real enemy, hot spring is already make Nadeshiko and the other two submit for it. They already "reveal" their skin and get relaxed inside it. You must continue with your mission, Rin. >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 20, 2018 7:36 PM
Oct 2017
What is the name of ost that plays at the end when Rin and Nadeshiko take pictures?
Apr 22, 2018 9:54 AM

Oct 2010
HvCeaser said:
What is the name of ost that plays at the end when Rin and Nadeshiko take pictures?

It's one of the specific campsite themes and it has a pretty straightforward name: Campsite theme (High Batch, Eastwood).
Apr 27, 2018 2:47 PM

Sep 2014
That was some nice Aoi fanservice ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2018

288 by FranqitoH »»
Apr 12, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2018

133 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 11, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

116 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 11, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

107 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 10, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2018

106 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 9, 8:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.