Forum Settings
Forums

How much time are you gonna waste on anime?

New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 1, 2018 3:42 PM

Mar 2016
I haven't decided yet. 365 days? And then I'd stop.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Feb 1, 2018 3:45 PM

Apr 2014
y not both [charachter limit pleas]
Feb 1, 2018 3:53 PM

Apr 2013
A lot more I think. What about you, OP?
Feb 1, 2018 4:01 PM

Dec 2017
I'm a teenager so I guess I have loads of time to kill. Homework doesn't take long to do, so what else can I do when there is nothing to do? Besides, is time spent enjoying something really wasted? I think not.
Feb 1, 2018 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
OP, why do you care if people spend time on something they enjoy? I could argue that everything in life is pointless because we'll eventually die, but that doesn't mean I can't partake in things like anime. Idk why you have this holier than thou attitude, as if you're teaching us an important life lesson. Get a grip lol
Feb 1, 2018 4:22 PM

Jun 2016
When will I stop watching anime? Maybe once i finish all of the shows that have caught my interest but who knows when'll that happen.

Mostly I watch anime for entertainment & seeing an episode of something lets me forget about reality for 20+ minutes and enjoy something that I really like.
Feb 1, 2018 4:28 PM

Dec 2014
Orhunaa said:
This may be the greatest argument I've seen to date! "Some people are starving and unemployed therefore stop doing (insert form of entertainment here)"

Really makes you rethink your life every time amirite
Just̰͙͔͈ͧͣͫͨ́ Mon͓̮͓ͧ̿̅̒͗iͨ̅̇ͤ̑̇͒̚҉̘̪ka͓͕͓̱̯͂͋́͗
Feb 1, 2018 4:42 PM
Aug 2017
Don't want to read the post. Just answer the question. Until I end my life.
Feb 1, 2018 4:45 PM
Jun 2016
dennyfftl said:
Warning For Spam
Hey,

I am giving you an official warning for spam by evading the character minimum by adding useless characters here.
Adding filler characters to meet the minimum is against the rules and is considered spam. When you post a message that is under the character minimum, a warning message pops up telling you to not add filler.
Please refrain from doing this in the future.

For more information about the character minimum rule, please read: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1465450#msg43890548
Feb 1, 2018 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
When I'll stop? Maybe in ten years or more, I do spent a lot of time watching anime, right now I'm have no job I do have some interviews but no luck yet.
I spend this time watching anime because I like it. I could use it for other things? Probably but anime saved me from my depression, so I don't think it's wasted time.
Feb 1, 2018 4:58 PM

May 2016
The poor, unemployed people are likely going to find a horrible job. They're going to work themselves to the bone and in most cases, they'll die as miserable half-human wrecks. Thankfully, I'm in a position bad enough to not inspire jealousy, but good enough to not have to think about them. Dead people are generally irrelevant piles of rotting flesh, or a pile of indistinct ash in better cases.

So I'll just happily waste my whole life, if it's all the same to you.
Feb 1, 2018 4:59 PM
Jul 2018
i have nothing better to do my collage course is shit and im not their half the time so watching anime is my pass time well at lest to the 16th anyway because Bayonetta 1 and 2 comes out so most of my time will be spent playing those 2 grate games or as you might like to call it i would be "wasting time"
Feb 1, 2018 5:00 PM

Jan 2017
Syclum said:
Somewhere in the world, they're starving unemployed people wishing to work to fed themselves. Once they have the work, they'll make full use of it and waste no time. That is - to achieve the absolute goal: MONEY

Somewhere in the afterlife (if there is), there are dead people wishing to be reincarnated because they regretted they used their life for granted. They wished if they're given the next chance, they won't waste it like they did. They will not be doing the decisions they would regret.

And here we are, spending countless hours, watching anime. Blinded by the virtual entertainment, not even having a glance towards the death that waits for no one. Yeah, you could die anytime, even when watching anime.

So, how much time are you gonna waste before you're awaken to the reality?

I mean Batman Ninja is coming out this year, so it'd be a crime against humanity to stop watching before getting to see this masterpiece.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/36517/Batman_Ninja

Feb 1, 2018 5:06 PM

Mar 2016
38497589534052048539574 hours.

And I'll enjoy every nanosecond.
Feb 1, 2018 5:07 PM

Jan 2016
You can always watch anime even while working. >.>
Free time is a thing.
Feb 1, 2018 5:15 PM
Jun 2016
J_LEE_C said:
Syclum said:
Somewhere in the world, they're starving unemployed people wishing to work to fed themselves. Once they have the work, they'll make full use of it and waste no time. That is - to achieve the absolute goal: MONEY

Somewhere in the afterlife (if there is), there are dead people wishing to be reincarnated because they regretted they used their life for granted. They wished if they're given the next chance, they won't waste it like they did. They will not be doing the decisions they would regret.

And here we are, spending countless hours, watching anime. Blinded by the virtual entertainment, not even having a glance towards the death that waits for no one. Yeah, you could die anytime, even when watching anime.

I mean Batman Ninja is coming out this year, so it'd be a crime against humanity to stop watching before getting to see this masterpiece.

Why does it only has 2 members though
Feb 1, 2018 5:15 PM
May 2017
Syclum said:
...work...to achieve the absolute goal: MONEY

Money is not the goal but the means that help achieve the goal.

Syclum said:
Somewhere in the afterlife (if there is)...

I do agree.

Syclum said:
...there are dead people wishing to be reincarnated because they regretted they used their life for granted. They wished if they're given the next chance, they won't waste it like they did. They will not be doing the decisions they would regret.

The same way, it is supposed there are dead people who are satisfied with their past lives and have no regrets.

Syclum said:

The fact people can die anytime is what makes life precious. It is wise to make the best out of the living time. Watching anime can be as valid as an experience as any other valid experience like working.

Syclum said:
...how much time are you gonna waste before you're awaken to the reality?

Reality... it is the most important concept, as it is relative, it deforms, it changes according to some people point of view.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Feb 1, 2018 5:18 PM

Jan 2017
Syclum said:
J_LEE_C said:

Why does it only has 2 members though

It literally just became an available, approved MAL entry 15 minutes ago haha

Feb 1, 2018 5:30 PM

Dec 2012
Money exists for buying things to improve your short life, like anime, and religion is a crutch for the morally weak who need the threat of retribution from a higher power just to behave themselves and those who can't accept that life is inherently pointless and that all they have to do to win at it is make a kid.
KruszerFeb 1, 2018 5:46 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Feb 1, 2018 5:43 PM
Jun 2016
leonardobarba said:
Syclum said:
...work...to achieve the absolute goal: MONEY

Money is not the goal but the means that help achieve the goal.

Syclum said:
Somewhere in the afterlife (if there is)...

I do agree.

Syclum said:
...there are dead people wishing to be reincarnated because they regretted they used their life for granted. They wished if they're given the next chance, they won't waste it like they did. They will not be doing the decisions they would regret.

The same way, it is supposed there are dead people who are satisfied with their past lives and have no regrets.

Syclum said:

The fact people can die anytime is what makes life precious. It is wise to make the best out of the living time. Watching anime can be as valid as an experience as any other valid experience like working.

Syclum said:
...how much time are you gonna waste before you're awaken to the reality?

Reality... it is the most important concept, as it is relative, it deforms, it changes according to some people point of view.
Like I said to somebody else, to make it easier and clearer, i used the word money so everyone knows it well. Why the heck should i list every single item people want to buy?

All your other points is no more than your personal opinion, so I won't bother
Feb 1, 2018 5:52 PM
Jul 2018
I don't watch as much anime as i used to. Probably until the end of one piece
Feb 1, 2018 5:59 PM

Dec 2017
I dont even know maybe for a few decades

i like avocados on toast 
Feb 1, 2018 6:03 PM
Nov 2017
As much as I can allow myself to.

Mirai said:
Aight dude just lemme finish my ptw list real quick

This. definitely.
Feb 1, 2018 6:05 PM

Jul 2017
I would like to believe that I am not wasting time on anime
Feb 1, 2018 6:37 PM

Oct 2015
I'm gonna be one of the only people actually answering the thread and say: I'll be happy when I complete, I'd say, 1 year of Anime watching. After that, I'll have no worries calling it quits (except on seasonal shit: that one's eternal)
Feb 1, 2018 7:20 PM
Jul 2017
The question should be ,''How much time are you gonna UTILIZE on anime ?''
Entertainment is the food for the soul.Your soul will die without fun or entertainment.Just how the body dies without food.
So I think fun/entertainment is as important as foods.Just like sometimes eating good or valuable food , you watch anime for nutrition of the soul.
The signature was removed as it was too awesome for mortals to live through.It has already destroyed 35 super computers . We have to make sure it is not used for serial killings and mass-murders.Please don't use words that can kill the mortals by it's awesomeness.
Feb 1, 2018 7:25 PM

Oct 2016
I will spend as much time as I please. No offense, but this post is SO STUPID...
Feb 1, 2018 8:02 PM
Jul 2018
Except when I'm watching trash, none, because time spent enjoying myself is time well spent for me. Time well spent is not the one making money, like society would have you believe.
Feb 1, 2018 8:11 PM
Jul 2018
Pshhh im just making my way of living life watching anime playing games, people do work for money but why dont we bless ourselves of what we have right now? The fact that we can watch anime that is
Feb 1, 2018 8:49 PM

Jan 2017
Welp, I've already spent 47.6 days watching anime, I think I'll probably watch it until it is no longer possible.
Feb 1, 2018 10:33 PM
Jun 2016
SpongebobAnime said:
I will spend as much time as I please. No offense, but this post is SO STUPID...
If you can't provide strong enough evidence to support your statement then you're the one who's stupid
Feb 1, 2018 10:47 PM

Aug 2013
prof says something ridi like 127 days

however romantic you want to make life out to be; there's a reason a vast majority of people are content with never seeing the northern lights, they get to watch it in 4k on a big screen while chilling on the couch for almost free

plus points if it's drawn by an asian slave laborer with a side of moe and ~feels~

Chikosei said:
Pshhh im just making my way of living life watching anime playing games, people do work for money but why dont we bless ourselves of what we have right now? The fact that we can watch anime that is
very true

people make out being easily entertained like it's some sort of curse it's more like a blessing when you think about it
Feb 1, 2018 11:08 PM

Jan 2018
I only watch Anime when I am cycling or on the treadmill out of an Anime movie here and there.
Feb 1, 2018 11:08 PM

Dec 2014
Until I watch all the anime in my PTW list
Feb 1, 2018 11:24 PM
Jun 2016
StarSwoardsman said:
I only watch Anime when I am cycling or on the treadmill out of an Anime movie here and there.
How can you even cycle while watching anime
Feb 1, 2018 11:27 PM

Jan 2018
Syclum said:
StarSwoardsman said:

Easy. I just do it. And I still cycle 14 miles.

Some people are just born awesome.
Feb 1, 2018 11:31 PM
Jun 2016
StarSwoardsman said:
Syclum said:

Oh...well..good for you. Hope nothing bad happens
Feb 1, 2018 11:49 PM

Jan 2018
Syclum said:
StarSwoardsman said:

How could anything bad happen? Just to clarify, this is in a gym. It would be pretty had to ride an actual bike and watch anything.
Feb 2, 2018 12:08 AM
Jun 2016
StarSwoardsman said:
Syclum said:

How could anything bad happen? Just to clarify, this is in a gym. It would be pretty had to ride an actual bike and watch anything.
LMAO I thought you were cycling the real bike XD
Feb 2, 2018 12:30 AM

Nov 2014
The only reason to earn money and to live is to watch anime (or, in other words, enjoy your life).
Feb 2, 2018 12:37 AM
Jul 2018
Nothing is a waste if you do enjoy it. Like anime, if you are enjoying it why would you call it a waste of time.
Feb 2, 2018 1:03 AM

Apr 2017
Is anime a waste of time or money in the first place? I've never thought like that.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Feb 2, 2018 1:43 AM

Apr 2015
time spent watching anime is treasure not waste.
Feb 2, 2018 3:28 AM
Jun 2016
Obito_enlighten said:
The question should be ,''How much time are you gonna UTILIZE on anime ?''
Entertainment is the food for the soul.Your soul will die without fun or entertainment.Just how the body dies without food.
So I think fun/entertainment is as important as foods.Just like sometimes eating good or valuable food , you watch anime for nutrition of the soul.
Are you kidding me? I hope you are. I'm worried.
Feb 2, 2018 3:29 AM

Jan 2015
Syclum said:

Well as long as I don't waste time here then it's fine :3
Oh... Too late! TwT
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Feb 2, 2018 3:41 AM
Jul 2017
I think watching anime is not a waste of time because ANIME is life!!!!!
Feb 2, 2018 5:34 AM

Sep 2014
The real question is how much time are you guys going to waste on arguing with this troll OP.
Feb 2, 2018 5:59 AM

Aug 2010
I'm not the type who double guesses their own decisions or feel regret about their own choices.

Anime is life, embrace the thought m8

Nice shitpost btw
Feb 2, 2018 6:49 AM

May 2013
Syclum said:

But Watching Anime is just like watching tons of movies though. Yeah it did affect my popularity to girls when they learned I liked anime in College but it didn't matter anyway 'cause my family is poor as fck that I couldn't even afford a single date outside college. I had to turn down every girl I ever liked 'cause I didn't want them to suffer my fate. Even after I finished College, I'm poor as fck even though I have a medium paid job cause my parents decided that me and my sister are their retirement plan. I don't really spend much money on anime cause I have tons of free premium from legitimate streaming sites 'cause I was their when they first opened their sites.
Feb 2, 2018 7:03 AM

Apr 2014
Syclum said:
dennyfftl said:
Warning For Spam
Hey,

I am giving you an official warning for spam by evading the character minimum by adding useless characters here.
Adding filler characters to meet the minimum is against the rules and is considered spam. When you post a message that is under the character minimum, a warning message pops up telling you to not add filler.
Please refrain from doing this in the future.

For more information about the character minimum rule, please read: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1465450#msg43890548

thenks for the warning, but i really didnt know what else i could add. why is there even a character limit?
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 16 minutes ago

4 by Serafos »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - Yesterday

33 by alshu »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

100 by Teirayo »»
7 minutes ago

» Would your husbando wash your dirty feet?

Catalano - Yesterday

4 by Maou_heika »»
10 minutes ago

» Is "Magnetic Rose" considered a masterpiece?

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

1 by alshu »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.