Forum Settings
Forums

How much time are you gonna waste on anime?

New
Jan 31, 2018 9:09 PM
Jun 2016
Somewhere in the world, they're starving unemployed people wishing to work to fed themselves. Once they have the work, they'll make full use of it and waste no time. That is - to achieve the absolute goal: MONEY

Somewhere in the afterlife (if there is), there are dead people wishing to be reincarnated because they regretted they used their life for granted. They wished if they're given the next chance, they won't waste it like they did. They will not be doing the decisions they would regret.

And here we are, spending countless hours, watching anime. Blinded by the virtual entertainment, not even having a glance towards the death that waits for no one. Yeah, you could die anytime, even when watching anime.

So, how much time are you gonna waste before you're awaken to the reality?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 31, 2018 9:14 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Money is temporary. Anime is forever.
Jan 31, 2018 9:14 PM
Jul 2016
Afterlife doesn't exist, If You die, You are dead.
Jan 31, 2018 9:15 PM

Nov 2007
2 more hours I think. After that I am done with this.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 31, 2018 9:15 PM

Jul 2012
Clearly if you live a life of anime you end up in the anime version of the after life. It's like nirvana once you spend countless hours and watch every translated series you become enlightened and become one with anime.
Jan 31, 2018 9:16 PM

Jun 2017
When One Piece, Berserk and HxH end , OP.

Jan 31, 2018 9:18 PM
Mar 2017
Well, don't you sound like a joyous person to be around. I'll give you the same answer I give others: "We're here for a good time, not a long time".
Jan 31, 2018 9:19 PM

Oct 2015
As much as I want to joke around, I would say

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

Or maybe

Time you used for enjoyment, is not time wasted.

I have fun and it gives me flavor in life.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Jan 31, 2018 9:21 PM

Mar 2016
half a day spent in forums... not even an hour watching an anime, and I'm repeating the cycle, damn it.
Jan 31, 2018 9:22 PM

Apr 2017
There are already some anime I regret watching, after all time is money

I think we can all agree MAL consumes more time than anime though
Jan 31, 2018 9:25 PM

Nov 2014
Syclum said:
to achieve the absolute goal: MONEY
Erm... no. It's what money can buy that's the ultimate goal. People only want money because people accept that in exchange for anything they want.

How is entertaining yourself detrimental to anything? No one needs a mindless robot that works all the time, in fact those kinds of people will likely lose their jobs to automation. Appreciate something in life.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jan 31, 2018 9:28 PM

Nov 2012
dude i have a job and i'm allowed to have a hobby
Jan 31, 2018 9:28 PM
Jun 2016
BurningSpirit said:
Syclum said:
to achieve the absolute goal: MONEY
Erm... no. It's what money can buy that's the ultimate goal. People only want money because people accept that in exchange for anything they want.

How is entertaining yourself detrimental to anything? No one needs a mindless robot that works all the time, in fact those kinds of people will likely lose their jobs to automation. Appreciate something in life.
To make it easier and clearer, i used the word money so everyone knows it well. Why the heck should i list every single item people want to buy?

Entertaining yourself isn't dentrimental, that's not the case as long as it's not too much
Jan 31, 2018 9:29 PM

Apr 2016
As much of the time as it needs to be wasted.

Also i don't give a fuck about hardship of the world.
Jan 31, 2018 9:29 PM
Jun 2016
Netbug said:
Do I know you? How am I supposed to know you have a job?
Jan 31, 2018 9:30 PM
Jun 2016
A_porra_Dum_nome said:
Afterlife doesn't exist, If You die, You are dead.
That's not the case here and your religious opinion doesn't matter.. sorry.
Jan 31, 2018 9:35 PM

Nov 2012
Syclum said:
Netbug said:

I... don't really care if you believe me or not? My point is you can have a pass-time and still be a functioning adult.
Jan 31, 2018 9:37 PM

Apr 2013
Seems like I decided to give less time to it OP, but I still make posts on this site... huh, guess I still have some work to do.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Jan 31, 2018 9:37 PM
Jun 2016
Netbug said:
Syclum said:

I... don't really care if you believe me or not? My point is you can have a pass-time and still be a functioning adult.
Not trying to say I don't believe you. It ain't my business anyways. But you just posted on my thread like I know you
Jan 31, 2018 9:40 PM

Nov 2012
Syclum said:
Netbug said:

Not trying to say I don't believe you. It ain't my business anyways. But you just posted on my thread like I know you

Well, your entire thread is pretty much assuming you know all anime fans.
Jan 31, 2018 9:42 PM
Jun 2016
Netbug said:
Syclum said:

It ain't possible to know every single person who viewed my thread. I wish you would've know better
Jan 31, 2018 9:47 PM

Nov 2012
Syclum said:
Netbug said:

It ain't possible to know every single person who viewed my thread. I wish you would've know better

I'm stunned. I'm trying to say your entire concept makes a lot of assumptions about the average anime viewer. Not to mention this entire conversation has completely divulged from my original point, which was that having a pass-time isn't a waste.
Jan 31, 2018 9:55 PM

Nov 2008
Syclum said:

And here we are, spending countless hours, watching anime. Blinded by the virtual entertainment, not even having a glance towards the death that waits for no one.

YES, ISN'T IT THE GREATEST THING EVER???? :D

Jan 31, 2018 10:00 PM

Feb 2016
What if you’re watching anime in a kitchen with bags of money everywhere while drinking from the fountain of eternal youth while thinking about how you’re never going to die?

Ever think about that? Of course you didn’t
Jan 31, 2018 10:00 PM
Jun 2016
Netbug said:
Syclum said:

I'm stunned. I'm trying to say your entire concept makes a lot of assumptions about the average anime viewer. Not to mention this entire conversation has completely divulged from my original point, which was that having a pass-time isn't a waste.
Are you just ignoring the facts there are people who actually spend countless hours on anime and the thing I've described earlier. If it's not you, then all right. Just because you think that way doesn't mean other people thought the same too.
Jan 31, 2018 10:01 PM

Nov 2012
Syclum said:
Netbug said:

Are you just ignoring the facts there are people who actually spend countless hours on anime and the thing I've described earlier. If it's not you, then all right. Just because you think that way doesn't mean other people thought the same too.

Making a counterpoint isn't ignoring. Your original post sounded assuming of the whole audience rather than discussing an extreme.
Jan 31, 2018 10:02 PM
Jun 2016
OneNaughtyBear said:
What if you’re watching anime in a kitchen with bags of money everywhere while drinking from the fountain of eternal youth while thinking about how you’re never going to die?

Ever think about that? Of course you didn’t
I'm pretty sure it's not you. Sure, there are people who's like that but they're minority

And they aren't wasting their time either, they have what they want
Jan 31, 2018 10:02 PM
Jun 2016
Netbug said:
Syclum said:

Making a counterpoint isn't ignoring. Your original post sounded assuming of the whole audience rather than discussing an extreme.
It's just your mere speculation when reading my original post. I never did that.
Jan 31, 2018 10:03 PM

Nov 2008
Syclum said:
Netbug said:

But why do you care about what other people do? XD It's not like you can control them or stop them....just say "f*ck it". People will continue to do what they please.

Jan 31, 2018 10:03 PM
Jan 2018
It's obvious you're triggered by an anime ending and came on the forums to complain about it, smh.

•First off you have no idea what we do inrl, There's a for anime and and time for reality ppl shouldn't forget that.
Jan 31, 2018 10:06 PM
Jun 2016
Chiibi said:
Syclum said:

But why do you care about what other people do? XD It's not like you can control them or stop them....just say "f*ck it". People will continue to do what they please.
Of course I can't do anything. Have you even read the title? If they choose to not quit watching, it ain't even my problem. I'm no more than just discussing about it.
Jan 31, 2018 10:07 PM
Jun 2016
Bluntly said:
It's obvious you're triggered by an anime ending and came on the forums to complain about it, smh.

•First off you have no idea what we do inrl, There's a for anime and and time for reality ppl shouldn't forget that.
Mere assumption won't get you anywhere. What does the anime ending got anything to do with this discussion?
Jan 31, 2018 10:10 PM

Nov 2008
Syclum said:
Chiibi said:

Of course I can't do anything. Have you even read the title? If they choose to not quit watching, it ain't even my problem. I'm no more than just discussing about it.

Why do you want to discuss such a pointless thing? o_O

Jun 2017
The best way to live your life is by doing things what you want to do, not what others expect of you.

Just because the "standard" for a "good" life is being rich and having a family dosent mean that's what everyone wants. I actually feel sad for people who will never get to experience some of the amazing stories created by people.
Jun 2016
MemeRetro said:
Nice bait post. You get a 10/10 for effort, moron.
>calling me moron
>also falls for the bait
Jan 31, 2018 10:11 PM
Jun 2016
Chiibi said:
Syclum said:

Then please tell me which discussion in this "Anime Discussion" forum isn't pointless?
Jan 31, 2018 10:15 PM

Oct 2014
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."

Everyone needs entertainment in their lives. Without some kind of media to please yourself you're going to suffer emotionally. A man cannot survive on bread alone. Not only is it possible to life a regular and productive life while also making time for anime, if you're a weeb then it's necessary to put some time aside for anime in addition to working and sleeping otherwise you wouldn't enjoy much of anything and may as well kill yourself.
Jan 31, 2018 10:17 PM

Nov 2008
Syclum said:
Chiibi said:

Then please tell me which discussion in this "Anime Discussion" forum isn't pointless?

Well, it's FUN to discuss our favorite characters, favorite genres, hated genres, hated characters etc mostly because we might find people with the same opinions. Or opposite and that makes it fun to argue with them. And it is fun to fondly look back on our memories of the best and worst anime moments.

The Identify this Character/Anime is an incredibly helpful thread for others searching for a title.

............but I don't see anything to gain from a topic like yours, no offense. :/

Jan 31, 2018 10:40 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Jare4lopez said:
When One Piece, Berserk and HxH end , OP.

Probability of biting the dust first is high.
Jan 31, 2018 10:44 PM

Jul 2017
I would say a lot.
But I won't call it waste though. I am only happy at being alive when I'm doing things outside of my responsibility and watching anime is one of them. I think those time are well-spent.
Jan 31, 2018 10:44 PM
Jun 2016
Chiibi said:
Syclum said:

Well, it's FUN to discuss our favorite characters, favorite genres, hated genres, hated characters etc mostly because we might find people with the same opinions. Or opposite and that makes it fun to argue with them. And it is fun to fondly look back on our memories of the best and worst anime moments.

The Identify this Character/Anime is an incredibly helpful thread for others searching for a title.

............but I don't see anything to gain from a topic like yours, no offense. :/
If you aren't aware, I'm encouraging people to live a worthwhile life
Feb 1, 2018 12:15 AM

Mar 2015
Aight dude just lemme finish my ptw list real quick
Feb 1, 2018 12:33 AM

Sep 2017
In my life I have a full time job, a girlfriend, and my parents. Any time not spent with them or working I'm watching some animu and that won't change! Everyone's gotta have a hobby right? I feel kinda bad for my gf because she's bored a lot of the time and she dosnt really have a hobby she's passionate about like me.
Feb 1, 2018 12:37 AM

Mar 2017
No, my dude, you got it all wrong. Anime IS life.
GIF signatures are annoying.
Feb 1, 2018 12:40 AM

Aug 2015
Just one more episode sh, you see nothing
Feb 1, 2018 1:32 AM

Nov 2009
I think everyone's definition of a full life is very different. Some people value money while some people value free-time. Some people value both equally.

Finding balance in life is important, but just simply watching anime isn't a waste of time. I find it to be a fulfilling hobby, and I don't regret spending a lot of time on it (unless I'm using it to procrastinate doing homework). I also want to make a lot of money, but it's primarily in order to support my hobby. I require a large house with a gigantic game room with a huge collection of games, anime, manga, and anime figures and merchandise. I mean, there are other things I want (an in-house art studio being one of them), but my hobby is more expensive than the rest. I'm fine with saving for a long period of time to get this; I'm pretty good at budgeting.

Of course, I also find graphic design (my college major) to be fulfilling, and I need both that AND my expensive hobby to feel fulfilled. One without the other would leave me feeling unhappy.

Basically...well, people find their own fulfillment. Some people find it purely through anime, and that's okay. There are all different walks of life, and none of them are "correct" (although it could be argued that there are "incorrect" walks of life...like being a serial killer or something).
Feb 1, 2018 1:41 AM

Apr 2012
Syclum said:
That is - to achieve the absolute goal: MONEY

Syclum said:

You're encouraging people to live a worthless life.

What is the purpose of civilization if not to allow people to do things they enjoy, like watching anime?
Feb 1, 2018 1:47 AM

Jun 2012
Working for money bores me to tears. Only reading manga gets me through it.

On the other hand, watching anime makes me happy. Yeah, I think I'll stick to that.

Delete your account you disgusting little normie.
Feb 1, 2018 1:49 AM

Jul 2016
a year, at least. still at the 90th day of my total anime watched soooo.....
you know the drill

"If beautiful women don’t celebrate their beauty, the entire human race loses out. Don’t you agree?”—Sonya

ƒ ♥♥
Feb 1, 2018 1:50 AM
Jun 2016
logopolis said:
Syclum said:
That is - to achieve the absolute goal: MONEY

Syclum said:

You're encouraging people to live a worthless life.

What is the purpose of civilization if not to allow people to do things they enjoy, like watching anime?
Do whatever you wish with it, not like I care. If you have no stronger opinion don't quote me
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

60 by Zarutaku »»
9 minutes ago

» What else would be in your Favorites if you had MAL Supporter? (10 additional slots)

IpreferEcchi - 5 hours ago

3 by nishant0 »»
36 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

40 by FanofAction »»
37 minutes ago

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

72 by luckyrune »»
39 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 1 hour ago

7 by Theo1899 »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.