Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Violet Evergarden Episode 4 Discussion


Feb 1, 11:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 234
Chiibi said:
Major_Gilbert said:


Actually many other characters have names after flowers/genus of flowers as well.

Gilbert Bougainvillea, the white Bougainvillea is his family flower.



Cattleya Baudelaire



Erica Brown





That is cool. :O Thanks for sharing those. I had no clue. XD


Wow! Thanks for sharing. :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Feb 1, 11:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 234
TheSmilingShoujo said:
Eh, why do people say Violet has improved her writing in this episode? Iris is a Doll herself and Violet's role was nothing more than a typist. I.e. the letter was Iris' own words. <:/ She's pretty much still the same.


I think it is not about her writing directly. It is about getting experience to understand people better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Feb 2, 12:29 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 8
That was awful. Iris's suitors and her family have basically no defining characteristics at all. You're telling me I'm supposed to care about these people? Please tell me how Iris's various suitors distinguish themselves?

The setting continues to piss me off. Now we have rice paddies and light humid climate clothing with tropical looking food. Also, people doing full bows facing the floor and no kisses of hands or cheeks. This world building feels lazy and not cohesive.
 
Feb 2, 12:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 1225
chiyo-german said:
How can someone without a sense of feeling, can offer an apology?? The apology itself is feeling. This kind of premise is very weak to make a story progress on straight line.


It's not that Violet doesn't have feelings. In fact it has been quite clear from the onset that she does, seeing her attitude towards the Major and wanting to find out what it means that he said. It's just that 90% of the time she isn't consciously aware of her (or others') feelings, or doesn't understand what certain feelings mean. This is actually a rather effective mechanism in combat. The problem is, she can't switch it off, like she can't switch off other aspects of military life, like saluting rather than greating those of higher social standing.

Petalview said:
TheSmilingShoujo said:
Eh, why do people say Violet has improved her writing in this episode? Iris is a Doll herself and Violet's role was nothing more than a typist. I.e. the letter was Iris' own words. <:/ She's pretty much still the same.


I think it is not about her writing directly. It is about getting experience to understand people better.


Exactly. Gramattically and effeciency wise, her writing was allready impeccable.

4kicks said:
Or it could it be that. Or it could be I was making a bad joke that flew over your head. Maybe I should add lol to the end of my sentences to be more clear in the future. Because no shit, everybody is different and some just don't click together romantically. So don't take that bad joke too seriously; I certainly wasn't.


Fair enough.

Jokes don't always come across when written. It's the main reason they invented emoticons etc.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
 
Feb 2, 3:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 414
Laionidas said:
PurpleGirl203 said:
Couldn't understand Iris's mom stubbornness here >>; If only she could understand her daughter's worries and feelings...


@PurpleGirl203 Either you don't have Asian parents, or you're not single at marital age yet (>.<)


The part of not being related to Asia was unnecessary and that's not the issue here -_-" I don't think you need to be Asian to understand this.
The problem here is the way Iris's mom was trying to force her to get married, even if this was not planed. Will you just force your daughter to get married? I won't. Time will tell. Also, if you were in Iris's toes and your mom wanted that guy to appear at the party which had broke your heart, you won't feel happy about it even if he was secretly invited. That's what I was referring about her being stubborn, for not hearing nor trying to understand Iris's feelings :(
 
Feb 2, 3:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 1225
PurpleGirl203 said:
The part of not being related to Asia was unnecessary and that's not the issue here -_-" I don't think you need to be Asian to understand this.
The problem here is the way Iris's mom was trying to force her to get married, even if this was not planed. Will you just force your daughter to get married? I won't. Time will tell. Also, if you were in Iris's toes and your mom wanted that guy to appear at the party which had broke your heart, you won't feel happy about it even if he was secretly invited. That's what I was referring about her being stubborn, for not hearing nor trying to understand Iris's feelings :(


I just meant that Asian parents can be quite fixated on their children getting married from a certain age onwards, even to the point that they will ignore conventions of discretion.


Regarding Iris, I think the point was that her parents did not know about her heartbreak. To them, Eamonn was simply one of Iris' best childhood friends. Sure they could probably tell by her not wanting to invite him, that they'd been in a fight or something, but they probably didn't consider that he might have rejected her, taking into account how dismissive Iris had always been about even the possibility a relationship.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
 
Feb 2, 5:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 49
Seriously... I like this anime, a lot of people say this title is overrated, but my opinion is very good. He deserves on 8/10 at this moment.
 
Feb 2, 5:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 393
One needs a lot of courage to say the words "I love you"
Especially if the feeling isn't mutual and it makes you want to flee


dat quote tho :c

really enjoyed this episode! I'm glad that Violet is getting along with her co-workers so far.
 
Feb 2, 6:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 292
Great production values, unfortunately however wasted on this bland plot, and most importantly on the bland female lead, with the premise of her finding what " I love you" means, sorry but this is horrible. Dropped
 
Feb 2, 6:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 266
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING.
Why is Violet such a shit?
 
Feb 2, 8:59 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 33
hhhmm i waited 2 days to write this coment, and honestly reading these comments is a bit something. there are a lot of them who hates this ad saying that this episode is super boring and stuffs. and there are them who are saying that they love this epsiode and violet shows improvements and stuff.

for me, i disagree with people who say this eps is boring, i think this episode is ok, there are a bit funny things with violet's stupidly honest words, and there some homey and nice feelings about iris's homeground and its story. but i cannot agree with them who love this episode either. i also think that violet doesn't show a fine improvent, or some touchy feel. except for a bit funny part, i still think of violet is sadly bit stupid and annoying( i really sad about that). YES this episode show some emotion again but ep 3 is still better, and the bad is this episode makes violet feels like some extra npc, or just a some auto type machine( pun intended). and about that mesmerizing scene where violet beautifully introduce herself, i laughed. i was like "oh this is beautiful" and then " oh this is the one that made lot of people including me had overly high expectation, wtf they just copied it from the trailer".
so i cannot say this is a bad episode, i will not say this is a good one. 2.8/5

btw i am wondering where this anime episode still got high score after lot of hater......
Modified by oldboi, Feb 2, 9:02 AM
 
Feb 2, 9:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 292
oldboi said:
i still think of violet is sadly bit stupid and annoying( i really sad about that). ".


Bit stupid? She seems to be somewhat mentally retarded
 
Feb 2, 10:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 1268
PurpleGirl203 said:
Laionidas said:


@PurpleGirl203 Either you don't have Asian parents, or you're not single at marital age yet (>.<)


The part of not being related to Asia was unnecessary and that's not the issue here -_-" I don't think you need to be Asian to understand this.
The problem here is the way Iris's mom was trying to force her to get married, even if this was not planed. Will you just force your daughter to get married? I won't. Time will tell. Also, if you were in Iris's toes and your mom wanted that guy to appear at the party which had broke your heart, you won't feel happy about it even if he was secretly invited. That's what I was referring about her being stubborn, for not hearing nor trying to understand Iris's feelings :(

apparently you must have lived your whole life in a place with a lot of post-modernist western value.
In a lot of regions on the world this kind of case happens, bcs of the condition of living: that being underpaid is very normal thing, especially if you're a woman. The parents worry about Iris's living that, if she gets married, at least the husband is responsible about it (and they can sue him if he doesn't. There's law, and settlement cost for divorce.)
Usually, the girl stays obedient (as what a lot of feminists say it's worse than slavery. It's actually way better but I won't start a debate on that topic.)

But Iris clearly doesn't, being the typical "free woman" character we often see from stories that take the post enlightenment-industrial-WW1 and post WW1 age as setting.
I mean: woman independence and feminism movement was a fairly new thing at the time. So you shouldn't expect every woman to be treated on the same level as men (like Claudia, for example. She's a very rare case at that time and age, and tbh cases like hers mostly exist on fiction.)
That's where the charm of character of this troupe comes from: from being different. (and thus is what makes them character, instead of background.)
Characters like Iris, characters of this troupe, are very overused, imo.


ps.: actually, you missed the part where the parents didn't knew that Emonn (or whoever his name is) was Iris's ex-crush. That's why Iris said Violet is very being insensitive (while not being shown, it's clear that Violet told the story to her parents, and the parent went up to apologize after that.)
ps.1: but, then again, I don't even know if you even get the plot here: it's not just about her parents being insensitive of Iris's choice. It's also about Iris being insensitive of her parents' worries. That's where Violet's beautifully naive letter comes between; It is able to convey the honest words, as Violet is so devoid of emotion and a human's social mask.
 
Feb 2, 11:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 6797
kei78 said:
From the moment you read a LN you can't appreciate an adaptation.

Mahouka, fate series and HIghschool Dxd threads turned into real battlefields.

Well, I really appreciate this anime and like the character of SaberViolet (saikou no coolu!)
This episode wasn't as strong as the previous one but still enjoyable

Disagree. There are many LN adaptations that are superior to the source material like re:zero or monogatari.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Feb 2, 2:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 3994
I feel like 90% of replies here comes from shounen and action lovers. Boring? Fillers? What did you expect? Action driven plot? Holly fuck, it's so retarded.
This is drama slice of life series. Get over it. Beauty of series like this depends on slow, seemingly not canon scenes and stories. Wtf is wrong with you people. How can you don't understand simple things like this.
Also how can you don't understand why Violet has a problem with understanding human emotions. Are you brainlets?
Is she retarded? How you can even think about something like this.
She was a killing machine. She spent all her life fighting in army. Order after order. She don't know how human relationships looks like
I thought that it was obvious since the beginning of 1st episode, after THEY PROPERLY EXPLAINED it.
Modified by rsc-pl, Feb 2, 2:10 PM
 
Feb 2, 2:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 1599
Okay, so this is still pretty boring, BUT, I have to say they are starting to grow on me a bit... just a bit though.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
 
Feb 2, 2:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 365
rsc-pl said:
I feel like 90% of replies here comes from shounen and action lovers. Boring? Fillers? What did you expect? Action driven plot? Holly fuck, it's so retarded.
This is drama slice of life series. Get over it. Beauty of series like this depends on slow, seemingly not canon scenes and stories. Wtf is wrong with you people. How can you don't understand simple things like this.
Also how can you don't understand why Violet has a problem with understanding human emotions. Are you brainlets?
Is she retarded? How you can even think about something like this.
She was a killing machine. She spent all her life fighting in army. Order after order. She don't know how human relationships looks like
I thought that it was obvious since the beginning of 1st episode, after THEY PROPERLY EXPLAINED it.


It should also be obvious for someone like yourself to *not* over-generalize and accuse most of the viewers of being action junkies who can't appreciate slower slice-of-life series. Just because Violet isn't good at understanding human emotions doesn't necessarily make her a compelling/interesting protagonist to follow.

There are plenty of slice-of-life fans like me who still find this show boring, due to lack of interesting characters, entertaining interactions, and poignant drama.

See this thread, too: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1703800
Modified by LightBladeNova, Feb 2, 5:22 PM
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
 
Feb 2, 4:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1454
This was a pretty decent episode. I completely identify with Iris. She left home to fulfill a dream with parents nagging on her to come home and stay there; I'm currently in that same situation. I can understand her frustration all the time, as many are calling her mean, but instead she has a chip on her shoulder because she's trying to prove something. She's trying to prove she can be a Doll, one that people want to request. I can respect her for that for sure.

It's always hard to watch when a happy event, like a birthday party for example, goes completely awry. After hearing Iris' story, it's understandable why she didn't want Amon to come. Honestly I'm glad he wasn't a jerk or a creep, that card is played way too much. Writing a heartfelt letter of apology to the guests was really nice.

A huge plus was the number of shots with Iris' cute toes. I want to kiss those toes.

I never find myself bored with this show, as everything is good experience for Violet to learn more about human emotions and feelings.

I'm hoping for more development for Iris in the future, I really like her character and can sympathize with her. She's working hard to achieve a dream. I'll be cheering for her at least.
 
Feb 2, 7:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 18
They should've just replaced last ep with this ep because the series becoming episodic and dull with violet not progressing much. I'm glad iris and violet has developed but the show is way too slow!
 
Feb 2, 7:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 7
As for the pacing, I like the slower pacing, it suits the atmosphere of the show and it's a nice show to enjoy a warm cup of coffee or tea while watching. Special mention in this episode goes to the animation of iris field for being absolutely stunning.
 
Feb 2, 9:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1411
Major_Gilbert said:
Another episode with no sign of Violet's adventures starting. This is what you get when you introduce more side characters not originally in the novel... At this point they're spending way too long to show Violet's interactions with Iris and Erica.

And we didn't even get a single glimpse of Luculia, the only new character that I liked.

Also, we still haven't seen Hodgins trying to tell Violet about Gilbert.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy they're doing what the novel didn't do, but they're doing a bit too much on Violet's interactions with her co-workers. It would've been much better if they just showed Benedict, Cattleya and Hodgins, who are clearly more important, and start with the adventures as soon as possible.

One interesting part of this episode is that it somehow reminded me of Chapter 9 of the novel. But really, it was just an unsuccessful effort in trying to imitate the novel content.


If I remember correctly, is chapter 9


We're on episode 4 now but still no sign of her adventures that is much better than what they have shown till now. And I agree that this is what happens when they introduce new characters. I'm going to treat this as an original story rather than an adaptation from now on.



 
Feb 2, 9:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 167
This is getting really boring...
 
Feb 2, 10:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 526
I worried that it will turn to be cheesy when Iris started crying and running away from Emonn, but they handled it well. I really like the part when they start talking about name and the flashbacks (both Iris's and Violet's) parts. The music in last scene is beautiful.
Modified by toumei_, Feb 2, 11:07 PM
 
Feb 2, 11:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 20
Expected a melodrama, not an adventure. I'm getting what I expected, and am enjoying what's being presented to me for what it is, as opposed to hating it if it didn't take the direction I wanted it to

If you want plot advancement ultra adventure head over to Grancrest Senki because that's everything it has
 
Feb 3, 6:00 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 3396
And the bandwagon continues.
 
Feb 3, 9:06 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 486
I’m fine with slow paced series, but I can’t say this episode do anything for me (or the series in general).

I enjoyed the LN, but I can’t say the same about this adaptation so far. I don’t think these anime original additions are doing it any good (if you’re going to add that much original content make sure it stands). For what I've seen, Kyoto Animation loves to deviate and alter their LNs projects most (if not all) the time, usually for worse. So all this isn't really that shocking.

I’ll keep watching it though. Even with the unnecessary and lazy put together original content, it is still good enough to pass time. I only hope they slow down with it and move on with the actual content already.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
 
Feb 3, 9:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3674
Iris D: She went from worst character to just okay lol. Nah, she's cool I guess.

As for Violet, when is she gonna find out about the major?? I don't want her to cry :/ Or maybe I do. It's conflicting.





Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.


 
Feb 3, 12:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 1279
I'm not able to understand all the hatred that people pile up on this show, and they say how bored they are to sit through when it's quite the opposite in my case. Even for a filler content I decently enjoyed the show by far. I can't say that it's something overwhelming nor it is something extremely bad. The anime is pretty ok for now, I guess the amount of pre-overhype just ruined things for so many, but I think it's unfair to be treated so harshly. It does not deserve it.
But, I wanna see VE finally going with the LN's content. Filler thing should have its limits. I want to get to see what's actually in the light novel.

On topic of the episode:
Iris was a character that somehow exaggerated her reactions but I liked that she showed emotions around. And really, do she and Emonn have a chance now 'cause I feel, yeah, things can change over time. I lowkey shipped them for this episode.
Also liked that Gilbert was once again on screen. He seems manly, noble and gentle at the same time - a man with beautiful charisma. I'm kinda attracted to his character, y'know.
"There's too many men, too many people
Making too many problems
And not much love to go round
Can't you see?
This is a LAND OF CONFUSION"
 
Feb 3, 5:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 183
It was an ok episode, tho I kinda hope more explanation between Iris and her crush?
 
Feb 3, 8:39 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1
SalmonSandwich said:
Yep wasn't sure until this episode, really not liking this adaptation now... (Will continue watching since I basically signed a blood oath w/ myself to finish this series.)

From a writing perspective at this point what did Violet learn that is different from the last few episodes? Maybe I screwed myself by reading the original source material, but geez the pacing of Violets development from recovering from her initial PTSD phase is abysmally slow at this point. Also the fact that this episode focused on Iris purely pushed me over the edge.

Iris a side character with very little interest and character motivation. A side character that instigated conflict in ep 2 for no good reason just soured my outlook on this series with her boring backstory, her generic family struggles, and cliche love story. It added nothing about the damn main character or the overall plot progression. Violet learns again that she doesn't understand love and human interactions. Still hammering home a theme/message that wasn't conveyed previously right?! Jesus what did we learn...

I'm terribly sorry if this offends anyone... I know i'm just acting like the spoiled manga/novel reader fan, but jesus this episode was flat out boring.
I think they showed her normie struggles to violet and made her slowly feel like a normie instead of just instantly making her a sensitive person. That is just my opinion
 
Feb 3, 9:15 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 1
So we're 4 episodes into this anime, and I can't say I'm impressed. It really seems like each episode is rehash of the first, where plot/character development is sluggish and irritating for such a short series. Violet shows glimmers of social development, but the constant teasing and no solidified progress within her character doesn't make much sense from a writing standpoint. Additionally, the side characters have been dynamically changing. If she had the same static cast of characters, it would make her realization of emotions much more authentic. Instead, it seems that Violet, a flat character, is constantly socializing with more flat characters, which, in total, make this anime a frustrating watch.

Though, I am still hopeful for a satisfying ending, and I'll keep watching. But the art style and music cannot carry this through bad plot writing.
 
Feb 4, 6:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 590
I think it was a jerk move on Iris' parents' side to request her like that. Violet's "honesty" hits you again like a frying pan in the face. she makes a feminine polite gesture out of nowhere. iris' parents making a guest list wut?? Violet chants again her "the major said aishiteru i became a doll to understand the hell he meant" with her "divine" voice.
Tarotist said:
Chimerared said:
The moment where Violet curtsied and said her name with the wind and the leaves sweeping up was so ridiculously over dramatic that I actually laughed.

This I'm going to have to agree with. The animation for that curtsy was a little over the top. Did Violet get any lady training when she was in the military? It kind of contradicts Violet's soldier personality unless someone taught her to curtsy that way. A more simple and subtle curtsy would have been much more believable.

Iris....named after a flower...

Violet...also named after a flower...with the surname "Evergarden." How convenient...

All true
Also Gilbert's surname is Bougainvillea..... lmao the author is a sucker for "pretty" western names it seems hahaha
4kicks said:
All they showed was the mother only feeling bad, telling her daughter to cheer up (after inviting that Eamon guy since she didn't know their whole history, only knowing they were childhood friends), accepting her daughter's apology letter

She even knew from the Violet's report that Iris didn't want that guy to be present. could've asked what was the reason behind it but why bother right. such a great mom!
uninstallthegame said:
you gotta help her out

sorry dora no
Modified by Sorvarin, Feb 4, 6:48 AM
i love whoever reads this.
see you, space cowperson . . .
 
Feb 4, 6:36 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 759
What's keeping me from dropping the anime is animation and sound tracks , besides that the story and plot is boring or rather ok ok .Also I'm interested in Gilbert so for the time being I'll tag along
 
Feb 4, 12:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 4912
I'd rather had she been an actual robot instead of a human, that way Violet's character would've been much more tolerable. Right now it's annoying asf how little common sense and tact she has.
 
Feb 4, 3:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1312
Sorvarin said:
I think it was a jerk move on Iris' parents' side to request her like that. Violet's "honesty" hits you again like a frying pan in the face. she makes a feminine polite gesture out of nowhere. iris' parents making a guest list wut?? Violet chants again her "the major said aishiteru i became a doll to understand the hell he meant" with her "divine" voice.

4kicks said:
All they showed was the mother only feeling bad, telling her daughter to cheer up (after inviting that Eamon guy since she didn't know their whole history, only knowing they were childhood friends), accepting her daughter's apology letter

She even knew from the Violet's report that Iris didn't want that guy to be present. could've asked what was the reason behind it but why bother right. such a great mom!

/sarcasm on point 👌

Mom's thought process after being asked by Violet was probably along the lines of "I wonder why my daughter doesn't want her childhood friend to come when they used to be so close to one another? Could something have happened? Nah, doesn't matter. Cuz I want grandkids now; so invite every single dick in the village!"
 
Feb 4, 3:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 619
This is suffering from the Hyouka syndrome.. incredibly boring and dry but pretty to look at so you keep watching.
 
Feb 4, 3:54 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 444
If KyoAni was going to work on trash anime for the rest of their days they should have just done a Musaigen no Phantom World sequel instead.

Aurorae said:
This is suffering from the Hyouka syndrome.. incredibly boring and dry but pretty to look at so you keep watching.

You're right. But at least Hyouka had Oreki and he was already more entertaining that the entire cast here.
 
Feb 4, 4:04 PM

Online
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 3047

Ok KyoAni, don't be like SHAFT now.
 
Feb 4, 4:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 590
4kicks said:

Mom's thought process after being asked by Violet was probably along the lines of "I wonder why my daughter doesn't want her childhood friend to come when they used to be so close to one another? Could something have happened? Nah, doesn't matter. Cuz I want grandkids now; so invite every single dick in the village!"

lmao
yeah grandkids and also "I want my daughter to stop having IDEAS. all that independence nonsense, pursuing your dreams garbage... ah Kami-sama, i don't even remember raising her that way!"
Avenger-senpai said:
I'd rather had she been an actual robot instead of a human

i know right
by the way now we know that she is in fact human. what did she mean then in the first episode by saying "i'm useless so dispose of me" - like.... kill me please?? omg....
Modified by Sorvarin, Feb 4, 4:19 PM
i love whoever reads this.
see you, space cowperson . . .
 
Feb 4, 6:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 32
Swim_Swim said:
oldboi said:
i still think of violet is sadly bit stupid and annoying( i really sad about that). ".


Bit stupid? She seems to be somewhat mentally retarded


I think she suffer alexithymia.
 
Feb 4, 6:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 4272
MrAwesome2018 said:

Ok KyoAni, don't be like SHAFT now.
Im glad you think this is SHAFT. You picked up on Takemoto's Storyboard who takes a lot after Shinbo's style since they worked together early on.
 
Feb 4, 6:59 PM

Online
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 3047
moodie said:
Im glad you think this is SHAFT. You picked up on Takemoto's Storyboard who takes a lot after Shinbo's style since they worked together early on.

Ahhh, that explains it.
 
Feb 5, 7:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1770
Violet became a little bit more human again. It seems that her recovery is progressing slow but sure.

Getting acquainted with her companion was an added bonus. Iris definitely managed to stake a step forward together with Violet. The former's exaggerations regarding her prospects were amusing, though.
 
Feb 5, 3:05 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 103
Episode 2 and 4 are extremely uninteresting and bad. Iris and this other girl (that I don't even remember the name of) are so damn bland and annoying in all aspects. I'm not surprised at all that this shitty director is ruining a series with lots of potential. He's done nothing but shit in the past after all.. I hope KyoAni never lets this guy direct anything again.
But wait.. Does KyoAni even have one decent director left nowdays?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Feb 5, 3:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 103
youthful said:
I'm not able to understand all the hatred that people pile up on this show, and they say how bored they are to sit through when it's quite the opposite in my case. Even for a filler content I decently enjoyed the show by far. I can't say that it's something overwhelming nor it is something extremely bad. The anime is pretty ok for now, I guess the amount of pre-overhype just ruined things for so many, but I think it's unfair to be treated so harshly. It does not deserve it.
But, I wanna see VE finally going with the LN's content. Filler thing should have its limits. I want to get to see what's actually in the light novel.

On topic of the episode:
Iris was a character that somehow exaggerated her reactions but I liked that she showed emotions around. And really, do she and Emonn have a chance now 'cause I feel, yeah, things can change over time. I lowkey shipped them for this episode.
Also liked that Gilbert was once again on screen. He seems manly, noble and gentle at the same time - a man with beautiful charisma. I'm kinda attracted to his character, y'know.



Let me tell you why. Unfortunately, it deserves all the boycotting it is getting. The only thing keeping this series alive for most people right now (including me) is the animation and sound quality alone. The director is really that bad (just take a look at his previous works if you don't believe me). He decided to make this series in his own way with anime original content. Fine, he probably has a reason for it. But the episodes he has made (2 and 4) are incredibly boring. Even I could have made a better decision with the storytelling. The work he has done is even below average, and THAT is the main reason to why a lot of people are hating the series right now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Feb 5, 5:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 8
Loving this show so far, kinda sucks to see other people aren't feeling it, but I guess not everything can be for everyone.
wow
 
Feb 5, 6:13 PM
♋ Father Wolf ♋

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 1697
All this career women bullshit is really irksome. Can't say I'm a fan of the drama in this series either, especially not this episode's love-related drama. At least it's a pretty anime.
 
Feb 5, 6:57 PM
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 6434
Idk if its because i'm in a better mood today but, while its still not great, i was actually ok with this episode compared to the last 2. Second best after episode 1.
 
Feb 5, 10:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 15
Isn't this episode has the essence of the story? We, humans, are hypocritical and sneaky by the social nature. Often we can't express our thoughts freely; sometimes one's relatives don't know what's on one's mind; sometimes you can't just acknowledge your own feelings. Memory Doll Service helps people express those feelings but still smoothes things over. Violette, however, expresses herself loud and clear exposing all the important things. She helps people understand each other, without realizing it, but is starting to understand how people's mind work. This is the answer she needed.
 
Feb 6, 3:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 78
Hey this is episode 4 so most haters probably have gone away :)
 
Top
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »