Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 30, 2018 11:44 AM

Jun 2014
I don't know what Bones are up to, but I'm excited. The staff for this is incredible. I expect this to be a highlight of the year.
:3
Feb 7, 2018 1:39 AM

Nov 2011
It's coming for Spring this year.

Feb 7, 2018 2:07 AM

Jun 2014
Stark700 said:
It's coming for Spring this year.

Man, even I'm getting excited for the Spring season now...
Feb 7, 2018 2:39 AM

Oct 2015
Not really sure what to expect considering the director worked on Kiznaiver and it was fucking boring and Mari Okada working on the script huh, pretty hit or miss situation tbh. I feel like this is going to be something Like Girl's Last Tour but probably not. Looks like they won't use the conventional anime style so that's saying something and I hope it doesn't disappoint
Feb 7, 2018 4:48 AM

Jun 2014
EGOIST said:
Not really sure what to expect considering the director worked on Kiznaiver and it was fucking boring and Mari Okada working on the script huh, pretty hit or miss situation tbh. I feel like this is going to be something Like Girl's Last Tour but probably not. Looks like they won't use the conventional anime style so that's saying something and I hope it doesn't disappoint

I enjoyed Kiznaiver a lot and the director did a good job on making Kiznaiver look amazing consistently, despite the insanely detailed character designs that the show had, seriously, that show's visual presentation is top tier. To that you add BONES, which are on top of their game when it comes to visual presentation and I think Mari Okada is pretty underrated actually, I expect this one to be great. The director also helped on shingeki no bahamut genesis as an assistant director, which looked great(for the first half at least) and this director storyboarded the first two episodes of Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis, which were the best ones from the anime.
alpha_shadowFeb 7, 2018 4:54 AM
Feb 7, 2018 4:49 AM

Apr 2015
I just really like the art style.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Feb 7, 2018 4:50 AM

Jun 2014
CatSoul said:
I just really like the art style.

You can count on BONES to experiment and go out of their way to use super unique character designs and interesting visual styles.
Feb 7, 2018 4:51 AM

Apr 2016
I almost forgot about this thanks for the bump.

PTW we go.
Feb 7, 2018 5:03 AM
Jul 2018
So it's airing in Spring Season? Holyyyyyy <3 This is too good.

Spring is getting me so hyped up and riled up Lol.

But this looks pretty damn cute >w<
Feb 7, 2018 5:14 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Fucking hell Spring 2018, stop please D:
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 7, 2018 8:28 AM

May 2015
DatRandomDude said:
Fucking hell Spring 2018, stop please D:
Yeah really man .spring 2018 will be known as killer of seasonal watchers

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Feb 7, 2018 2:07 PM
May 2016
Mari Okada with another abnormally socially inept MC? Unless you like unnatural and forced autistic interaction you should probably skip this.
Feb 7, 2018 3:57 PM

Feb 2010
this just became one of my most hyped shows for next season, and considering the lineup that's quite an achievement.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 7, 2018 4:01 PM
Jul 2018
an original anime from the guy that made kiznaiver. i haven't even seen kiznaiver and i already know this show is gonna be shit. idk how people find time for bad anime
Feb 7, 2018 4:14 PM

Sep 2011
Abeneezer said:
Mari Okada with another abnormally socially inept MC? Unless you like unnatural and forced autistic interaction you should probably skip this.
Call it unnatural all you like, but if you read up literally any of her actual life it makes her series take on a completely different context, stuff like being bullied out of school only getting by cause apparently she was a prodigy for writing and a few teachers liked her, her mother tried to kill her with a knife, and so on.

Maelstrom said:
an original anime from the guy that made kiznaiver. i haven't even seen kiznaiver and i already know this show is gonna be shit. idk how people find time for bad anime
What exactly is the train of logic here? There are those shows where they are infamously bad so you dont need to see them to know the staff wont do good, but kiznaiver isnt even an infamous show, just lukewarm in reception.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 7, 2018 4:22 PM
Jul 2018
@JizzyHitler 90% of original anime suck because of bad writing thatts the train of logic lol
Feb 7, 2018 4:26 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
JizzyHitler said:

Maelstrom said:
What exactly is the train of logic here? There are those shows where they are infamously bad so you dont need to see them to know the staff wont do good, but kiznaiver isnt even an infamous show, just lukewarm in reception.

also its annoying to see that they start hating the director just because he happened to direct an anime scripted by Okada. His directing in Kiznaiver was one of the few highlights in the anime.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 7, 2018 4:31 PM

Sep 2011
Maelstrom said:
@JizzyHitler 90% of original anime suck because of bad writing thatts the train of logic lol
theres a rule some people follow that 90% of all media is terrible so even then your logic still makes little sense, especially since that 90% rule is generally considered an ironic saying used to mock faux elitist mindsets.

At the current moment theres very little information good or bad about this series even looking at the staff. The most in its favor is 1 of the directors has worked on alot of really important series to industry such as end of evangelion, the 2nd reubild, as well as a large part of both gunbusters with its setting.

the other director that you are so sure of's involvement is going to ruin it, ironically was a major part of one of your favorite shingeki no bahumat as assistant director , hes noticibly absent for the utter disaster that was its sequal which can potentially represent alot about his impact on it.

Mari okada is the big wild card, she is responsible for some astonishingly bad series but at times can be known to completly break tradition and status quos for better or worse to create something really out there. Shes the biggest reason this series is a gamble, you could get a DTB season 2 or you could get a wandering son or ibo.

DatRandomDude said:
JizzyHitler said:

also its annoying to see that they start hating the director just because he happened to direct an anime scripted by Okada. His directing in Kiznaiver was one of the few highlights in the anime.
Well its one thing to do that cause he directed a series they dislike, thats fair, what is downright stupid is admitting you haven't actually seen that series as the basis of it. Especially when you follow it up by unironically following an old /a/ meme.

on a totally unrelated note, good on you for having based father/uncle kazuma as a profile pic.
JizzyHitlerFeb 7, 2018 4:38 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 7, 2018 5:08 PM

Oct 2015
Maelstrom said:

>uses tat logic
>has 2 shows with semi to awful written original anime(yes bahamut counts) in favs
>doesn't even know how to use /a/ memes
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Feb 8, 2018 7:21 AM
May 2016
JizzyHitler said:
Abeneezer said:
Call it unnatural all you like, but if you read up literally any of her actual life it makes her series take on a completely different context, stuff like being bullied out of school only getting by cause apparently she was a prodigy for writing and a few teachers liked her, her mother tried to kill her with a knife, and so on.

Who cares about her life. If a fictional piece cannot stand by itself without its writer it is worthless. Sad though that she only came by by being a writing prodigy when she turned out as one of the worst writers of our time. That really is the cruelty of fate.
Feb 17, 2018 8:13 AM

Jun 2014
Since no one else posted these. Key visual + designs. Color pallet is quite darker than in the initial first pictures we saw.

Mar 3, 2018 3:35 PM

Nov 2016
I don't know enough to comment about the staff or anything and I don't actually like the art style, because the lack of noses bothers me, but I like the idea of befriending a dragon, therefore I want to watch it :') I'll try and take this opportunity to remember the staff for their work, though
Mar 4, 2018 5:53 PM

Nov 2013
You had me at dragon pilot.

Even though Kiznaiver had a great idea but poor execution, I'm willing to give the director another chance.

Mar 9, 2018 6:03 AM

Jun 2017
I'm curious to see how this show turns out!
Mar 9, 2018 11:02 AM
Mar 13, 2018 7:57 AM

Oct 2015
It's adorable anime one but.... Mari Okada is writing the series so, I hope this don't suck.....
Mar 14, 2018 2:14 PM

Oct 2012
Fingers crossed for something like Girl's Last Tour
Mar 15, 2018 2:39 PM

May 2012
simonephone said:
Fingers crossed for something like Girl's Last Tour

Please no. I don't want to sleep while watching anime

Also, this show does not have slice of life tag like Girl's Last Tour, and thats a good thing.
Mar 17, 2018 7:16 PM

Sep 2012
Mari Okada on the composition, we're doomed ; - ;
Mar 18, 2018 11:47 PM
Dec 2013
I see BONES and I'm on the hype train! Let's see what they got for us this time!
IHGN Records
-Chiefbigcorn
Mar 19, 2018 12:00 PM

Apr 2015
Bones is usually a great animation company when adapting source material. However, I do not like their original contents, take the new Eureka 7 movie and 2nd season (I do not know what it is considered, I haven't even liked the first season) and A.I.C.O.

Edit: it used to make good original animes in the past like DTB.
Mar 19, 2018 12:08 PM

Jun 2014
Mohammadalmannai said:
Bones is usually a great animation company when adapting source material. However, I do not like their original contents, take the new Eureka 7 movie and 2nd season (I do not know what it is considered, I haven't even liked the first season) and A.I.C.O.

They can still make good original anime. Look at Space Dandy. They're hit or miss with it.
Mar 19, 2018 12:17 PM

Apr 2015
alpha_shadow said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

They can still make good original anime. Look at Space Dandy. They're hit or miss with it.

Oh yeah I forgot Space Dandy is by Bones.
True, they are hit or miss, oh well time will tell.
Mar 20, 2018 7:52 AM

Sep 2011
Mohammadalmannai said:

sadly unpopular opinion but concrete revolutio was great, it was too creative for its own good I guess cause I see so many people say its nonsensical when all I see when watching it is a hodgepodge of different inspirations and loves of the medium put together into one show carefully whilst it tells its own story.

Aico was probably the worst origional they have done though in a while aside from captain earth so who knows.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 22, 2018 9:16 PM
Dec 2011
Being able to hear Iwasaki Taisei's music again is already enough reason for me to check out this show.
Mar 28, 2018 5:35 AM
Jan 2018
I'm so excited for this!! And if you rewatch the first PV, the narrator says "très bien". Omg

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 8 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Oct 6, 2018

5 by Assassin2112 »»
Mar 15, 5:41 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2018

90 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 2, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Oct 6, 2018

10 by Fuwa_san »»
Jan 8, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

30 by hikari_kuroo »»
Nov 25, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

30 by L01MK »»
Jun 29, 2023 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.