Forum Settings
Forums

Do you listen to rap? If so, what artists do you listen to? Any track you listening to currently??

New
Jan 29, 2018 4:50 PM

Jul 2016
My Artists ~

Travis Scott,
Oliver Francis,
Rich Brian,
Quavo,
Drake,
J Cole,
Eminem,
Hopsin,
Ugly God,
21 Savage,
2 Chainz,
Gucci Mane,
Migos,
Ice Cube,
Playboi Carti,
Tyler, The Creator
XXXTENTACION

What im currently listening to ~

nashdashinApr 23, 2018 11:41 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 29, 2018 5:36 PM

Nov 2011
I only listen to Beastie Boys and Starbomb. Some other rap is fine but i dont listen to it.
Jan 29, 2018 6:14 PM
Jan 2018
I listen to all the rappers you listed you should listen to trippie redd
Jan 30, 2018 8:26 AM

Mar 2016
I don't really listen to artists so much as tracks.

Excision's album Virus has got two Sam King gems, Datsik & Armani Reign have "Let Em Know", Kill the Noise has "Shell Shocked", and Eminem of "Lose Yourself", "Not Afraid", "Till I Collapse", and twenty one pilots like "Ode to Sleep" (which I can rap and sing perfectly :P)
【=◈︿◈=】 “Even a fool can make the impossible possible if he doesn’t give up." 【=◈︿◈=】
Feb 1, 2018 10:31 PM
Jul 2017
I do listen to most of them . You should also try Macklamore.
The signature was removed as it was too awesome for mortals to live through.It has already destroyed 35 super computers . We have to make sure it is not used for serial killings and mass-murders.Please don't use words that can kill the mortals by it's awesomeness.
Feb 1, 2018 10:58 PM
Jul 2018
Wu Tang, Run DMC, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy, and so forth.

I enjoy most rap from the 80's and early 90's
Feb 2, 2018 12:48 AM

Jul 2008
I don't listen to a lot, but I really love Doc Brown.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Feb 2, 2018 12:51 AM

Apr 2013
Yea, I listen to many other things as well so eh. MF Doom, Danny Brown, Tyler The Creator, and Earl Sweatshirt are rappers I hold in a high regard.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Feb 2, 2018 2:08 AM

Jan 2017
I listen to very limited amount of rap. DMX, Public Enemy, N.W.A, Bone Thugs, NAS, Three 6 Mafia, Biggie, and Tupac are just about the only ones.
Feb 2, 2018 4:31 AM

Apr 2017
I'm not that much of a rap fan. I mostly listen to some french rappers like Mc Solaar or Bigflo and Oli.

buy mochi at the mochi store
and friends at the friend store

Feb 2, 2018 6:31 AM

Apr 2017
I hate mumble rap and most "modern rap" were everyone sounds the same and you can't tell them apart.

I mostly love 80's, 90's and early 00's rap. 2Pac, N.W.A. Wu-Tang, Geto Boys, Bone Thugs, Dead Prez, Eminem, Brother Ali, Nas, Biggie.
Feb 2, 2018 6:44 AM

Apr 2017
Old School: NaS,2Pac, Immortal Technique, Wu-Tang, 3rd Bass and occasionally Rakim and Prodigy. and spanish hiphop
New School (not much): Kendrick Lamar, Brockhampton, old X, Rich Brian, Tyler...
Feb 2, 2018 2:09 PM
Jan 2018
FeR__ said:
Old School: NaS,2Pac, Immortal Technique, Wu-Tang, 3rd Bass and occasionally Rakim and Prodigy. and spanish hiphop
New School (not much): Kendrick Lamar, Brockhampton, old X, Rich Brian, Tyler...

Immortal Technique has insane story telling capability
Feb 2, 2018 2:10 PM
Jan 2018
I like:
Phora
Azizi Gibson
Lil Skies
Landon Cube
Scarlxrd
Keith Ape

These are artists I can almost always enjoy every time I listen to them.
Feb 2, 2018 3:06 PM
Jul 2018
iHATEsetsuna said:
I like:
Phora
Azizi Gibson
Lil Skies
Landon Cube
Scarlxrd
Keith Ape

Lil Skies, Scarlxrd, and Keith Ape are cool, I listen to them a bit. Isn't Landon a singer though?
Feb 2, 2018 8:07 PM
Jan 2018
957 said:
iHATEsetsuna said:
I like:
Phora
Azizi Gibson
Lil Skies
Landon Cube
Scarlxrd
Keith Ape

Lil Skies, Scarlxrd, and Keith Ape are cool, I listen to them a bit. Isn't Landon a singer though?

His music is kinda hip hop so I just threw him in there. Plus anyone Cole Bennett produces videos for is basically a rapper.
Feb 4, 2018 10:50 AM

Feb 2016
I listen to lots of rap, so it would take a day to list all of the rappers I listen to. Instead of writing a humongous list, I'll name few that deserve much more attention and recognition that they get:

GAI 爷 (you can't get more Chinese rap than that; amazingly powerful voice)

Tommy Cash (he does ART)

Feb 4, 2018 11:26 AM

Sep 2015
I just discovered AFRO

Hes the goat on par with MF DOOM

Feb 4, 2018 11:33 AM

Jul 2014
not as much as i used to. mostly been listening to memphis rap now.
Feb 4, 2018 1:48 PM
Jan 2018
J.Cole is number one for me especially anything from the 2014 Forest Hills Drive album. Fire squad is my favourite though.
Feb 4, 2018 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
WiseOne said:
Yea, I listen to many other things as well so eh. MF Doom, Danny Brown, Tyler The Creator, and Earl Sweatshirt are rappers I hold in a high regard.

If you enjoyed the OF stuff back in the day, what do you think of Brockhampton? I feel like it's a refreshing successor to the modern supergroup, having emotionally matured alongside the culture of internet-era rap itself.
Feb 4, 2018 3:07 PM

Apr 2013
weevling said:
WiseOne said:

If you enjoyed the OF stuff back in the day, what do you think of Brockhampton? I feel like it's a refreshing successor to the modern supergroup, having emotionally matured alongside the culture of internet-era rap itself.

Their fine with me, I liked their 3rd Saturation album the best, I still hold Death Grips and Clipping. in a higher regard when it comes down to modern era Rap/Hip-Hop groups tho.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Feb 4, 2018 3:27 PM
Jul 2018
WiseOne said:

Their fine with me, I liked their 3rd Saturation album the best, I still hold Death Grips and Clipping. in a higher regard when it comes down to modern era Rap/Hip-Hop groups tho.

Ahh--As far as successors to OF go, props for preferring the less pop-oriented direction. Honestly, the things Death Grips accomplished with polyrhythm and voice timbre are scarcely matched even today. Should I expect something similarly groundbreaking with clipping.; and if so, any recommendations in that regard?

It's also refreshing to see you're a Coltrane fan as well. I'm not sure if he's too mainstream for you, but Kendrick Lamar has leveraged his exposure to put out some engaging, challenging tracks over the years--Ab-Soul's Outro and For Free? to name my favorites. I just expected DAMN to continue down a similar path, and was a little disappointed tbh..
Feb 4, 2018 4:55 PM

Apr 2013
weevling said:
WiseOne said:

Ahh--As far as successors to OF go, props for preferring the less pop-oriented direction. Honestly, the things Death Grips accomplished with polyrhythm and voice timbre are scarcely matched even today. Should I expect something similarly groundbreaking with clipping.; and if so, any recommendations in that regard?

It's also refreshing to see you're a Coltrane fan as well. I'm not sure if he's too mainstream for you, but Kendrick Lamar has leveraged his exposure to put out some engaging, challenging tracks over the years--Ab-Soul's Outro and For Free? to name my favorites. I just expected DAMN to continue down a similar path, and was a little disappointed tbh..

Glad you noticed that I'm a fan of Coltrane, curious to know if you know the connection that his son Ravi Coltrane has with Flying Lotus... (they're cousins btw :D) I hold FL in a hold regard as well, he is a wonderful musician and speaking of Kendrick, the song he did with Flying Lotus "Never Catch Me" is a fantastic piece, for groups like Death Grips and Clipping. that I have come to mind. This page may help you out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/deathgrips/comments/29vgyd/bands_and_songs_to_listen_to_after_death_grips/

Aidoru-OjisanFeb 4, 2018 4:59 PM

Ascended Taste
Feb 7, 2018 10:05 PM
Jul 2018
Death Grips and Tyler, the Creator, man.

Also I've been listening this track over and over.

Feb 9, 2018 9:06 AM

Feb 2017
Rich Brian, Wu tang, and 2pac, that I listen to currently
Feb 9, 2018 9:06 AM

Dec 2016
I literally have never listened to rap before now, but it wasn't honestly bad for someone who listens to jazz all the time XD. I listened to these 3 classic hip-hop albums most of you probably have heard of:

Madvillainy - Madvillain
Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) - Wu-Tang Clan
Illmatic - Nas
ShionFeb 9, 2018 9:10 AM
Feb 9, 2018 9:15 AM

Aug 2013
Here's some that I've listened to recently

wahey
Feb 9, 2018 9:18 AM

Feb 2017
No, I don't really listen to rap. But I got a few tracks I like by Eminem and by Bushido.
Feb 9, 2018 4:00 PM

May 2009
That is a broad question, if we are talking about rappers I could list 100's so I'll break it down to a random 10

Oddisee
Kendrick Lamar
Talib Kweli
Rapsody
Illa J?? (He also does alot of soul music)
Black Thought
Freddie gibbs
Elzhi
Blu
Tyler the creator

Although, I also listen to a whole lot of groups like Slum Village, Random Axe, De la Soul, The roots, Little brother... which brings me to the producers I fucking love

J Dilla (RIP)
Black Milk
DJ Premier
Apollo Brown
Nujabes (RIP)
Onra
The Alchemist

Rap is not a genre, it is a lifestyle. Alot of songs just resonate with my very soul, I appreciate the art of the rythm and how poetry goes perfectly well. It is also an important genre within history for the black people, it was the first way they could express themselves, with the help of these amazing melodies.
Feb 9, 2018 4:05 PM

Sep 2012
i've posted this before, but there's very few rap that warrants a second or more listens.

the only ones i've been listening to recently are tyler, kendrick, and kevin abstract

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Feb 10, 2018 9:08 AM

May 2016
I listen mostly to older hiphop from 80s/90s to early 2000s

I like listening to 2pac, Nate Dogg, Warren G, Snoop Dogg, Twinz, The Dove Shack, Foesum, Cypress Hill, The Pharcyde, Souls of Mischief, CJ Mac, Westside Connection, earlier Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Above The Law, OutKast, Goodie Mobb, Mac Mall, C-Bo, Wu-Tang Clan, The Notorious B.I.G., Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Heltah Skeltah, Nas, Jay-Z, Ill Al Skratch, Run-D.M.C., Beastie Boys, Whodini, Big L, Big Pun, Big Syke, Seagram, Brotha Lynch Hung, Scarface, Geto Boys, 5th Ward Boys, 5th Ward Juvenilez etc. etc.

The whole damn list goes on & on
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Feb 10, 2018 9:28 AM

Mar 2017
Not a big fan of the genre; used to be a hater. It is soooo difficult to find something really good...

My favorite rappers are:
Dre, em, Rhyme Asylum (don't remember the dude's name), nas, ice cube, and mr. logic.

>Any track you listening to currently??
https://youtu.be/x259G6Vb70Q
ScientiiaaFeb 10, 2018 9:39 AM
Feb 10, 2018 9:56 AM

Sep 2017
my favorite rapper so far is Nathan John Feuerstein aka NF probably all of his songs are emotional
Feb 11, 2018 7:23 AM

Aug 2013
Scientiiaa said:

Rhyme Asylum (don't remember the dude's name)

oh dude Rhyme asylum; nice to know someone else likes his stuff too!

some of my favs

wahey
Feb 11, 2018 7:36 AM

Mar 2017
thomasz said:
Scientiiaa said:

Rhyme Asylum (don't remember the dude's name)

oh dude Rhyme asylum; nice to know someone else likes his stuff too!

some of my favs

Thank you for that treat, sir. Much appreciated.
Feb 11, 2018 10:41 AM

Jan 2013
Pro Era, Flatbush Zombies, Biggie, Underachievers are the main I listen to
Feb 11, 2018 2:12 PM

Jan 2017
I listen to literally everything, but I have a large proportion of music I listen to fall in the rap/hip-hop category. Fav artists ever:

#1 - Eminem
Tech N9ne
G-Eazy
Joyner Lucas
Lupe Fiasco
Big Sean
NF
Slaughterhouse
Nino Bless
Hopsin
SwizZz
Drake
Yelawolf
Kendrick Lamar
B.o.B
Kanye West
MGK
Joey Bada$$
Mac Miller
Macklemore

and many others but those are just some of my favs that come to mind.

Feb 11, 2018 2:13 PM

Jan 2017
iHATEsetsuna said:
I like:
Phora
Azizi Gibson
Lil Skies
Landon Cube
Scarlxrd
Keith Ape

ah yes, Phora I forgot to include in my list.

Deeper Than Blood >>>

Feb 11, 2018 2:14 PM

Jan 2017
Shoryuuken said:
That is a broad question, if we are talking about rappers I could list 100's so I'll break it down to a random 10

Oddisee
Kendrick Lamar
Talib Kweli
Rapsody
Illa J?? (He also does alot of soul music)
Black Thought
Freddie gibbs
Elzhi
Blu
Tyler the creator

Although, I also listen to a whole lot of groups like Slum Village, Random Axe, De la Soul, The roots, Little brother... which brings me to the producers I fucking love

J Dilla (RIP)
Black Milk
DJ Premier
Apollo Brown
Nujabes (RIP)
Onra
The Alchemist

Rap is not a genre, it is a lifestyle. Alot of songs just resonate with my very soul, I appreciate the art of the rythm and how poetry goes perfectly well. It is also an important genre within history for the black people, it was the first way they could express themselves, with the help of these amazing melodies.

I forgot Wolf Gang and The Alchemist on mine as well.

Feb 11, 2018 2:35 PM

Mar 2017
I used to listen to rap almost exclusively after I first got into it about 7 years ago.

My all-time favorite rappers/groups are probably:
Blu
Illmaculate
Black Thought (from the group The Roots)
Nas (his music got me into rap)
Outkast

After that it's really murky. Too many great rappers/groups to try to distinguish after those ones.

If I could make just a single album recommendation, Below the Heavens by Blue & Exile is probably my favorite album ever.
Feb 11, 2018 10:57 PM

Dec 2017
Yes. mumble rappers
J. Cole
Kendrick Lamar
Tupac
Too Short
Jay-Z
Biggie
Eazy-E
50 Cent
Lil Uzi
21 Savage
XXXTentacion
Gucci Mane
Lil Yachty
Eminem
Lil Wayne
Chance The Rapper
Logic
Drake
Kanye West
Lil Skies
Childish Gambino
NAV
NAS
Future
Big Sean
Joey Badass
A Boggie Wit Da Hoodie

i like avocados on toast 
Feb 12, 2018 11:26 AM

Feb 2018
Oliver Francis
Suicideboys
Bones
Ramirez
Gizmo
Muppy
lil Xan
XXXTentacion
Rich chigga
OmenXIII
FACE
Joji
GERM
Ghostmane
Syringe
Feb 12, 2018 12:29 PM

Feb 2017
Yes, but only rap from my country and other countries of former Yugoslavia. Out of English rappers, maybe I could say that I only listen Eminem sometimes.
Feb 12, 2018 1:36 PM

Aug 2016
Right now I'm listening to this

I don't like it very much though
Feb 12, 2018 2:44 PM

May 2016
Etozuri said:
Right now I'm listening to this

I don't like it very much though

You should try this one. It's an old track from 1993 but maybe you'll like it

Formerly known as:
Feb 12, 2018 2:59 PM

Sep 2017
Tennis_Robot said:
Blu
Illmaculate
Outkast

Such a solid top 5. You've prob heard this game-rupturing freestyle by Black Thought from last month...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prmQgSpV3fA
Feb 12, 2018 3:02 PM

May 2016
LordQuaz said:
Tennis_Robot said:
Blu
Illmaculate
Outkast

Such a solid top 5. You've prob heard this game-rupturing freestyle by Black Thought from last month...

DUDE!!! I KNOW RIGHT?! That was fucking amazing. Black Thought was always that dude with bars and bars. I love that guy
Formerly known as:
Feb 12, 2018 3:07 PM

Mar 2017
LordQuaz said:
Tennis_Robot said:
Blu
Illmaculate
Outkast

You know it! He's so good...Honestly I think it is probably second only to his verse on Wishin' 2.
Feb 12, 2018 3:17 PM

Sep 2017
Nas said:
LordQuaz said:

DUDE!!! I KNOW RIGHT?! That was fucking amazing. Black Thought was always that dude with bars and bars. I love that guy

Word, I swear I'd love to experience how that man's mind works
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Bài 39. Kết quả Euro 2024 - Tây Ban Nha có hoảng sợ trước bảng B

caphethethao11 - 26 minutes ago

0 by caphethethao11 »»
26 minutes ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7554 by 0arche »»
7 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Yesterday

5 by Zayvex »»
10 hours ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

17 by GoddessLove »»
11 hours ago

» AI generated OP/ED themes from imaginary anime that I came up with. (Over 20 songs and counting!)

FFandMMfan - Yesterday

2 by FFandMMfan »»
Today, 8:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.