Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 19, 2008 8:15 PM
Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice episode, everybody got together again...until the end of the episode -.-

What do you guys think? The fighting scene, little romance scene, etc.. :D
Mar 19, 2008 8:50 PM

Jan 2008
Kind of a let down after the first 4-5 minutes, i wish they could keep the same pace as the manga. However they are definitely catching up to it... =(

Mar 19, 2008 11:40 PM

May 2007
After the amazing entrance last week, I thought that this week was a little bit of a letdown too. The fight between Allen and the Earl was kind of ... scanty, no? "Invisible" fighting a la DBZ and a bunch of pans and then it was just abruptly over. I liked the funny little reunion between Allen and Kanda. But, overall, I wasn't expecting it to turn into a transition episode just like *snap* that.

In fact, I was kind of thinking about how I was pretty disappointed overall since I was expecting a great action sequence between Allen and the Earl (since I don't read the manga, I never know what's going to happen) when freakin' Lenalee gets sucked away!

Well, I'm looking forward to next week's episode now.
Mar 20, 2008 12:18 AM
Dec 2007
i loved it, but it's kind of inbetween stories at the moment. Truthfully i would have still rated it five if it was only the first five minutes.
I liked the skit thing at the end too "Eliade..." lol ^^
Mar 20, 2008 3:31 AM

Oct 2007
Earl ftw!!!

Mar 20, 2008 8:29 AM

Feb 2008
I was really looking forward to the scene with Kanda and Allen meeting and it turned out great ^^ Also the omakes was so funny :D
Mar 20, 2008 1:46 PM

May 2007
lol, seeing the Earl fight with a huge sword was amusing. Fight was a bit short, but I liked seeing everyone together again. Poor Lenalee =[
Mar 20, 2008 4:52 PM

May 2007
Hmm...is it just me, or has the anime kind of been promoting a Lavi x Lenalee relationship, with Lavi hovering all over Lenalee these past few episodes (with the possible exception of this one)? *Shrugs.* I dunno, that's how I kind of feel. Anyway, I'm a Allen x Lenalee (no other man for her).

Well, now that we got Allen's entrance out of the way, I really hope these next fights which we'll be unveiled to live up to how great they were in the manga.

Especially, for us that read the manga...
VK11Mar 20, 2008 4:56 PM
Mar 20, 2008 7:52 PM

Jul 2007
Not to happy with this episode, they brought allen in great last episode but it didnt carry as well through this episode.
Mar 20, 2008 7:52 PM

Jan 2008
I thought this weeks was a major letdown, compared to Allens awesome entrance last week. I was expecting a much better fight between Allen and the Earl but meh oh well, the end really surpised me, looking forward to next week can't wait to see what happens with Lenalee -_-.
Mar 20, 2008 8:24 PM

Oct 2007
As someone who's read the manga I wasn't bothered by how short the fight between Allen and the Earl was since I knew what was coming. I enjoyed this episode though. I love the scene where Allen and Kanda meet. And of course points for ending on another cliffhanger.

And I am so looking forward to the next...many episodes. XD
Mar 21, 2008 12:51 PM

Oct 2007
XD great episode!!!

so great to see Allen & Kanda at each other again, so funny :D

looking forward to the next episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2008 1:09 PM

Oct 2007
Not too bad of an episode all in all, it was good to see them all back together and Kanda and Allen was epic win.

I have to agree with Vindemon, what the hell. I was 99% sure Allen X Lenalee, what the hell's with all this Lavi stuff? And then in the next episode she's all hanging on to Lavi. I'd much rather see Allen and Lenalee. =(

Mar 21, 2008 1:21 PM

Jan 2008
Really big hanger from this one.
Mar 21, 2008 3:12 PM

Aug 2007
The next ep is the last, right?

"The two paths of man and beast intertwine to create a spiral path! Piercing destiny as yesterday's enemies and creating a new path with these hands! The Union of Fate--GURREN-LAGANN! Who the hell do you think we are!?"
Mar 21, 2008 4:41 PM

Aug 2007
I have to agree that this was a pretty disappointing episode as I was expecting so much more from the showdown between the Earl and Allen. It was not even a showdown, in fact. But then again I suppose it is too early in the game for a major confrontation between the two.
And I missed the squirmishes between Allen and Kanda, heh.
I wonder what will happen to Lenalee now that she has been literally sucked away
Mar 21, 2008 10:54 PM

Jan 2007
not the greatest fight ever, but I thought it was entertaining to say the least.
Mar 21, 2008 11:33 PM
Nov 2007
the fight between allen and the earl wasn't as good as i thought it would be but allen still looks cool and im happy that they all met up. The scene with kanda was hilarious. It got kinda slow in the middle where they were deciding what to do until lenalee got sucked in so now i'm excited for the next episode, hope it doesn't disappoint.
Mar 22, 2008 2:37 AM

Jul 2007
yay for Allen and Kanda goodness, those two together is always entertaining ^^
Mar 22, 2008 3:04 AM

Jan 2008
I got a little bit disappointed when Allen fought with Earl because the big boss is never lost at this time.However,I like the "reunion" of Allen and Kanda.Their conversation was really funny.I wondered where Lenalee was taking to...Looking forward to the next episode!

Read through my journey on attempting the challenge in MAL blog!

Mar 22, 2008 5:30 AM

Mar 2008
Loved the meeting between Allen and Kanda XD And Krory was so funny in the omake with his "Eliade" XD

Mar 22, 2008 9:35 AM

Oct 2007
good episode....
allen and kanda moments are best!! yay kanda

and yea... whats up with the omake? everyone likes to eat different foods... but we all know who krory wants to eat. LOL
Mar 22, 2008 10:30 AM

Jan 2008
This episode was pretty pro, the only thing I didn't like is that Allen was gone for so long and they were like OH HELLO, I mean, no "what happened?" and stuff like that. It was indeed funny Allen and Kanda (like the endings of the previous episodes).

And about Lavi x Lenalee, I don't read the manga but it was noticeable he was approaching a lot more to her than when Allen was around. I'm not sure how their relationship will end, but whenever they are around (Allen and Lenalee) they hint that there are feelings (noticed the background when Lenalee woke up?).

Eitherway, this series is getting better and better. I'd say it's a lot better than what we are currently seeing in "other" more popular series...
Mar 22, 2008 3:49 PM
Jan 2008
Lavi and Allen gonna have love fight? o_O
Mar 23, 2008 3:28 PM

Jan 2008
I wonder if Lenalee is going to have her long hair back, hehehe.
Mar 24, 2008 5:29 AM

Aug 2007
just to let you all know................... D.GRAY MAN PWNS ALL THE OTHER ANIME!
Mar 25, 2008 1:59 PM
Feb 2008
"Eliade..."

LOL. big time.

that said, I rather liked this episode. The allen/earl fight was fine for me, probably because I'm a manga reader. I also really really like Lavi/Lenalee, and've been seeing it for a while now. Allen and Kanda are hilarious, and I'm happy to see Tiedoll. Lots of good things to say, although not quite as epic as last week.
Mar 25, 2008 10:19 PM

Oct 2007
I cant wait for the next episode...the akward moment of Tyki and the others hehe
Jun 20, 2008 10:55 PM

Mar 2008
Damn. I was expecting a sweet fight. DX This ep was a bit of a disapointment. I mean, it wasn't all bad. There were some cute moments.

Like when the Earl was dragging Tyki and that other Noah (who's name escapes me at the moment ^_^) by their shirt collars. Lol.

AND some really sweet AllenLenalee moments...awww...it was so cute when they were lost in their own little world, and then Bookman interupts and everyone's just watching them. xD I was very annoyed when that stupid umbrella came and took Lenalee. ALLEN AND LENALEE WERE HAVING A BONDING EXPERIANCE, DAMNIT! (it sucks, cause I can't decide whether I like Lenalee with Lavi, or with Allen. Any moment involving either pairing makes me squee with hyperactive shipper joy. O.o)

The next ep looks very interesting...they're going back into Road's creepy little world. Awesome. I miss Road. D:

Oh! And the Allen and Kanda reunion. That was funny too! Lmao. AND the omake. "Eliade..." LOL.
Aug 16, 2008 7:09 AM

Jan 2008
Cliffhanger omg. Kanda and Allen were hilarious XD
Nov 27, 2008 10:28 PM

Aug 2008
surprising how after all the intensity & tragedy of the last oh 20 or so eps, the ep where Allen finally arrives on the scene is a transition one. Needless to say, I enjoyed the Allen x Kanda reunion. Kanda is a d*ck & I'm happy to see Allen tossing sh*t back his way. A pretty sneaky cliffhanger in my opinion. Just when I'm ready to ffwd through the credits--- "Leero!" & I spit out my drink & go "WTH?!"

Also, Crowley's comment during the omake was creepy, sad & funny as hell all at the same time.

-"Pudding."
-"Chocolate Cake."
-"...Eliade." o_O
Jan 1, 2009 12:07 PM

Apr 2008
Resuri said:
I also really really like Lavi/Lenalee, and've been seeing it for a while now. Allen and Kanda are hilarious

I love the Lenalee x Lavi pairing and have also been seeing it for a while. Lavi always steps back whenever Allen comes around though. But every time I see Lenalee and Allen together they look and act like brother and sister so I don't want to see a romantic pairing there. Kanda and Allen . . . now, that's just hilarious. ^.^
Jan 24, 2010 2:40 PM

Dec 2008
Yay Allen
lol Kanda
kaylee130Sep 1, 2017 3:00 PM

Jan 29, 2010 11:31 AM

Jan 2009
Such a lovely reunion ^^ Kanda and Allen really are the best buddies of all ^____^

Quite the emotional episode... The Allen x Lenalee vibe was sooo~ obvious ... And it's almost unbelievable that ALL exorcists besides them are dead, that just...lame :| .What kind of agency does Komui run anyway??

Wow and what an ending...

Feb 3, 2010 2:25 AM

Sep 2008
Ahhh... After all that build up, the Earl just ran away! But I loved Kanda and Allen's reunion. x) Unfortunately the fight between the Earl and Allen was a little bit disappointing, but there'll come a time when they have a super awesome fight, I'm sure...

I think I like the moments between Allen and Lenalee... I just hope that any romance in this series just stays between two characters. :| I mean, no love triangles plzkthx. They wouldn't fit. D<
Oct 2, 2010 1:03 PM

Sep 2008
It's great to see Miranda laugh after so long. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2010 2:03 PM

Apr 2009
WTH!!! After the hard fight they had in the last 2 episodes to protect Lenalee, she got abducted right in front of their eyes! Moving on to next episode...
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 14, 2011 1:55 PM

Jul 2010
Finally an actually good episode. And I don't get why many of u are bitching about it. :o
The fight was good IMO, it wasn't too short at all, it was actually a well planned out move by Earl I suppose.
The Noah part was hilarious as always, I love that relationship between them all, it's fun to watch. Not to mention the top girl here - Road. These moments are one of the better things in this show.
Allen reunion with the rest was cool. Especially those minutes with Kanda and Lenalee.
Everyone looks all happy and rejoicing and.. OMG LENALEE FALLS IN A PIT. xD That's to be expected one way or another since Lero was missing.
Seems like we won't get to rest huh.

Oh, the omake at the end was good as always, with the Krory's killing one 'Eliade'. xD
Jul 11, 2011 5:30 AM

Aug 2010
Great reunion, Lavi's hair's down again which made my inner fangirl rejoice) and wait OH MY GOD HE SHOWERED FANSERVICE FANSERVICE. But yeah, great ep with just enough Allen x Lenalee, and a twist in the end. Oh, and lol at omake.
Aug 29, 2011 6:37 PM

May 2009
Finally. Seemed to take forever for this reunion 8V

Nov 10, 2011 1:11 PM

Feb 2010
the episode was a bit dissapointing after last weeks to be honest. The fight reminded me a lot about dbz lol oh well nice to see them back all together.

I really hope it ends up AllenxLenalee not LenaleexLavi. Lavi does not fit in at all.
Sheepshaman.png
Nov 16, 2011 5:57 AM

Apr 2009
I don't think that Lavi has that kind of feelings for Lenalee actually. He acts more like an elder brother to her (and the others).
And I can't remember reading sth about Lavi delevoping feelings for her on wiki either...

I see more hints of romantic feelings between Lenalee and Allen.

The clash between Kanda and Allen is again hilarious.
And yeah at Lavi's fanservice (shower &amp; hair down).^-^
Jan 3, 2012 7:51 PM

Dec 2009
This episode was alright, too bad the mood was ruined at the end but oh well lol time for the plot to keep developing.
May 6, 2012 10:50 AM

Oct 2011
wow never any rest in this anime... give them a break lol.
Jan 6, 2013 12:55 PM

Jan 2012
Allen did a good number on Earl. I really enjoyed this episode. I wonder what will happen to Lenalee next.

May 7, 2013 1:10 PM

May 2012
OH NO! When finally everything was going great, an epic head on head fight with the Earl against Allen and while he retreated, the team managed to reunite with Allen! The super sweet scene from Allen x Lenalee was totally amazing but that ending... damn while they were ready to move on they're now pulled back to find Lenalee first!
Jun 2, 2014 6:12 AM

Apr 2014
Lenalee stroking allens hair *_* please be a couple.

And wooooow Earl way to ruin the moment at the end yo.

Also, overly pleased with the Lenalee ass shot, hot damn.
BikeGoneRampantJun 2, 2014 7:01 AM
Jun 30, 2015 6:58 AM

Jul 2013
The fight was short sure, but I think that's okay if there are almost 30 episodes left.

The AllenxLenalee moment *.* <3 God I love these two. Would be awesome if they end up as a pair. As someone before said Lavi acts more like a older brother. But why did you have to interrupt them bookman?

Kanda and Allen LOL I laughed so much :D

I really thought this episode would have a nice ending....but oh well.....

Jun 18, 2016 9:54 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Touching reunion, Allen apologizing for what happened with Suman, but Lenalee responding that as long as he is alright. Allena and Kanda's bickering though, lol. The peace in this episode didn't last very long... goddammit Lero.

Hm so right now they're thinking both Allen and Lenalee could have the heart. It seems to me the other two things they have in common is that they both have been with their Innocence since they were really young? Or perhaps the others did as well (the teenage ones like Lavi or Kanda).

Also the Bookman thing is brought up every so often, I wonder if there's any repercussions if Lavi strays away from who he is supposed to become. That look Bookman had didn't seem so great.

And I guess my question was answered, it really was the Ark, although it's surprising since we've only really seen the Noahs in the dark dining hall.
Jul 2, 2016 3:49 AM

Nov 2012
Hmm, maybe Allen is that performer guy the Earl talked about a few episodes ago, or rather, the one who received that power to control the Ark? That would explain why he was able to use it to teleport from the Asian branch to Edo.

Anyways, decent fight with the Earl but it was kind of slow, not as impressive as Kanda vs. Tyki. Guess they weren't going all out though.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 51 Discussion

ashura - Oct 5, 2007

24 by Cammell »»
Mar 23, 6:49 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 20 Discussion

kie_ - Sep 14, 2008

27 by Gouveiaa »»
Jan 10, 4:08 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 3 Discussion

andrewsch5658 - Jan 30, 2009

27 by lovefromyani »»
Jan 10, 12:43 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 2 Discussion

andrewsch5658 - Jan 30, 2009

41 by lovefromyani »»
Dec 26, 2023 1:40 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 16, 2008

83 by lovefromyani »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.