Forum Settings
Forums

Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, PWG, ROH, NJPW...) v2

New
Jan 28, 2018 9:47 PM
Jul 2018
Alright, time for V2. Have at it.

Continued from: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1130645
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (27) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2018 9:54 PM
Nov 2017
*Real American Plays*

Alright all you Wrestle-maniacs, let's get to business and make this thread the place to be for another four Wrestlemania's. Train, say your prayers, take your vitamins and believe in yourselves, so what you gonna do brother? I said what you gonna do when this thread runs wild...on..youuuu.

CrystalGemFoxJan 28, 2018 10:00 PM
Jan 28, 2018 9:58 PM

Feb 2013
So it's looking like Omega ain't part of the club anymore?

Jan 28, 2018 9:58 PM

Jul 2013
you forgot the famous " brother " in your promo
I . A M . D E A D !  C O N T I N U E ?

INSERT COIN

Jan 28, 2018 10:00 PM
Nov 2017
I think now is a good as time as any for him to leave the club, he doesn't need it anymore, and they can go another direction with it.

GoAce said:
you forgot the famous " brother " in your promo
NO I DID- Oh, I did.
CrystalGemFoxJan 28, 2018 10:04 PM
Jan 28, 2018 10:02 PM

Jan 2017
@NTAD This is actually a great little community of - I'll say logical - pro wrestling fans here on MAL. More than what I was expecting. Compared to Reddit or Youtube. Christ...
Jan 28, 2018 10:04 PM

Sep 2007
So good to see Cody really hitting his stride in NJPW. Wonder where the Bucks will stand on this. What a week for pro wrestling.
Jan 28, 2018 10:12 PM

Nov 2011
So Ronda Rousey did sign a full contract after all...

Also, who did Asuka pick to fight for the title at Wrestlemania? I guess we'll find out tomorrow on RAW?
Jan 28, 2018 10:16 PM
Jul 2018
After all this time I still believe the Great Khali is the greatest villain in all of wwe.
Jan 28, 2018 10:18 PM

Jan 2017
Veneficia said:
After all this time I still believe the Great Khali is the greatest villain in all of wwe.

He actually killed someone in the ring once, so you might be right. But then again, so did Rey Mysterio.
Jan 28, 2018 10:19 PM
Jul 2018
Aphelion9 said:
Veneficia said:

He actually killed someone in the ring once, so you might be right. But then again, so did Rey Mysterio.

Yeah I read about that I felt so bad for rey
Jan 28, 2018 10:24 PM
Nov 2017
I thought the turnbuckle was the greatest villain after Over The Edge.

Jan 28, 2018 10:26 PM

Feb 2013
As hyped for Nakamura vs Styles as I am, I really want to see Styles vs Rollins 2.0 before he retires. They haven't faced each other since their independent days.

And Styles vs Dragon again.

Shit, AJ is just the fucking man. So many people he's faced and he just brings out their best.
Jan 28, 2018 10:30 PM
Nov 2017
NTAD said:
As hyped for Nakamura vs Styles as I am, I really want to see Styles vs Rollins 2.0 before he retires. They haven't faced each other since their independent days.

And Styles vs Dragon again.

Shit, AJ is just the fucking man. So many people he's faced and he just brings out their best.

When he decides to go, I'd like him to do what Angle did in TNA and do a retirement tour, and go through nearly everyone.
Jan 28, 2018 10:35 PM

Nov 2011
All in all, I think this Royal Rumble's event was a great event:

The Men's Royal Rumble had a lot of moments that I think are worth mentoning:

- Putting Elias over again. I think it was a smart move for them to clear the ring for Elias to have his moment.
- Rey Fucking Mysterio returns! He looks so good, even better than I last remembered him in WWE. Hope his return isn't a one time thing. 205 Live needs a guy like him right now
- Finn Balor looked really good in this match. He lasted incredibly long from his #2 position all the way to the final four
- Heath Slater comedy
- Kofi's annual Royal Rumble stunt. It was way better than last year's.
- The Hurricane returning
- Shinsuke Nakamura winning the match. The match scared me a bit since it was teasing around that Reigns was going to win again but the two had some incredible chemistry in the ring. He was the right chioce and now, we'll get him vs Aj Styles at Wrestlemania

However, there were some moments I did not like from the Men's Royal Rumble match:

- Biggest one is Dolph Ziggler at #30. It was honestly lame and he was eliminated in like 3 minutes...
- #29...Goldust, really?
- Disappointed at Seth Rollins' performance. I thought he would of performed better.
- Bray Wyatt kinda left in the dust again. I barely noticed him in the match

That's pretty much it. The men's Royal Rumble match was just great stuff compared to others I've seen in long time.

The Women's Royal Rumble match was better than I had expected. From the match, I liked:

- Sasha Banks lasting incredibly long and setting the bar high as the very first entrant. She acted heelish too which makes her look good with the boss gimmick
- Kairi Sane. She didn't last too long but some of her moves were so smooth and exciting to watch
- Molly Holly. She still got it!
- Ember Moon. Still impressive as she is
- Return of Trish Stratus
- Trish and Mickie James in the ring again! I got 2006 nostolgia.
- Lita. I wish they let her last longer but it was alright
- Michelle McCool did fairly well and got a decent amount of eliminations
- Asuka winning

I think it would of worked better if they changed the order next time if they plan to do this again. Otherwise, I'd rate the Men's Royal Rumble Match a solid 8/10 with the Women's Royal Rumble around 7/10.

What a weekend.
Jan 28, 2018 10:43 PM

Jan 2017
Kitsunethyst said:

When he decides to go, I'd like him to do what Angle did in TNA and do a retirement tour, and go through nearly everyone.

The greats almost always go out on their backs. When he has to retire, I'd rather see him put over the next big name.
Jan 28, 2018 10:44 PM

Jul 2013
If Rey goes to 205 live will be a very nice play, the cruiserweight division needs a guy like him with star power, the guy is in shape, far better than his last run with the company and has shown outisde of wwe that he can still put amazing matches.

INSERT COIN

Jan 28, 2018 10:47 PM
Nov 2017
Aphelion9 said:
Kitsunethyst said:

The greats almost always go out on their backs. When he has to retire, I'd rather see him put over the next big name.

Exactly, Kurt had a bunch of matches, won a couple, but still elevating the losers in great fashion and the last set went out on his back, final match was against Galloway I believe. I can see AJ at his caliber winning matches to elevate some younger talent, but put over and pass the torch towards the end, like an Adam Cole or whoever is in the picture at that moment.
Jan 29, 2018 3:27 AM
Jul 2018
it was his yard, it's mine now and i swear to god im gonna look after it.

same shield brothers!

Jan 29, 2018 8:13 AM
Jul 2018
It's been a while since we've had a decent and solid Royal Rumble. Both the Men's and Women's RR were great and fun to watch.

Rey Mysterio is back. One of my faves growing up.

Sasha Banks and the Bellas were the heels of the Women's RR. It's funny how the Bellas quickly shifted from their 2015/16 Face persona to their 2013/2014 heel persona. I would have preferred if it was the Iconic Duo (Peyton Royce and Billie Kay), but that would have meant that one had to turn on the other.

Also, Undertaker's wife, Michelle McCool created a record of her own by having the most eliminations in the match.

As for predictions:

*I got all of my main card winner predictions right.

*For the Royal Rumble Entrant Predictions that the randomizer made.
-Mandy Rose did enter at #4. The only entrant of the Women's RR that the randomizer got right.
-Kairi Sane, Ember Moon, and Nikki Bella did enter the Women's RR, but in a different order.
-Kharma, Alicia Fox, Peyton Royce, Billie Kay, Gail Kim, Stephanie McMahon, Kaitlyn, Nikki Cross, Katie Lea, and Ronda Rousey (appeared after the Rumble) did not enter the Women's RR. I got a lot of the additional picks wrong.

-Finn Balor did enter at #2 and lasted long enough.
-Roman Reigns did enter #28.
-Hideo Itami, Pete Dunne, Braun Strowman, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson, Killian Dain, Curt Hawkins, Jason Jordan, Mike Kanellis, Tye Dillinger (was replaced by Zayn) and Kevin Owens did not enter the rumble.

Link to the Predictions

Also, I still can't get over the fact that Kairi Sane was eliminated by Dana Brooke of all people.

Hopefully, Chyna is announced as the second inductee in the HOF. It's the most appropriate time to induct her since she was the first woman in the Royal Rumble.

I did like Rousey theme. I think it fits her a lot.
removed-userJan 29, 2018 8:37 AM
Jan 29, 2018 8:17 AM

Mar 2013
Wait...why did all you goons not like Rousey's theme song? It was Bad Reputation by Joan Jett. It's the song she walked out to in MMA. Y'all crazy.
Jan 29, 2018 9:04 AM
Nov 2017
Big news for some maybe not so big for others:
( http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0129/636457/jonathan-coachman-signs-new-wwe-deal/ )

WWE has announced that Jonathan Coachman signed a new deal to return to the company. He will join Michael Cole and Corey Graves as the new RAW announce team member beginning tonight in Philadelphia. Booker T will remain with the company to work Kickoff panels but WWE also noted that he will make occasional RAW appearances and will serve as a WWE Ambassador.
Jan 29, 2018 10:24 AM

Apr 2011
Stark700 said:
- The Hurricane returning

Finally, someone mentioned the Hurricane. Seriously, do people really care so little about one of the best gimmicks in WWE history?

Kitsunethyst said:
Big news for some maybe not so big for others:
( http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0129/636457/jonathan-coachman-signs-new-wwe-deal/ )

WWE has announced that Jonathan Coachman signed a new deal to return to the company. He will join Michael Cole and Corey Graves as the new RAW announce team member beginning tonight in Philadelphia. Booker T will remain with the company to work Kickoff panels but WWE also noted that he will make occasional RAW appearances and will serve as a WWE Ambassador.

Why? Don't take Booker away. Dude is comedy gold.
Jan 29, 2018 1:27 PM

Jun 2015

True love is forever!
Jan 29, 2018 3:58 PM

Oct 2011
damn nostlagia hit really hard when lita's theme hit but especially with moly holly she hadn't missed one step wouldn't mind seeing on a regular base and do the mickie james putting over other superstars route

all in all a pretty good royal rumble ppv for a change

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Jan 29, 2018 4:59 PM

Feb 2013
Throwback moment! Welcome back, "Coach".

Jan 29, 2018 6:36 PM

Apr 2011
Women's elimination chamber, I fucking knew it.
Jan 29, 2018 9:24 PM

Feb 2013
That Sasha Banks heel turn may finally be around the corner.
Jan 29, 2018 11:17 PM
Jul 2018
that was great raw, sasha vs asuka, roman vs miz and cena vs finn was fantastic.

Jan 29, 2018 11:52 PM

Jan 2017
As expected, the fan base is losing their minds over Balor losing to Cena. As if Balor would have had any chance in that thing when Braun, and I'm sure Roman, will be the favorites. Cena at least brings star power and credibility to the match itself, even though he's probably going to be another body.
Jan 30, 2018 12:40 AM

Feb 2013
Vince: It's all for Roman. ALL OF IT!

It was a solid night for Raw. Definitely going to give MotN to Sasha and Asuka. That match was great. It had a bit of everything. That spot where Sasha went face first to the floor made me cringe a bit, though.
Jan 30, 2018 1:14 AM

Jan 2017
NTAD said:

And maybe it is. Just seems like WWE actually has something good with Braun Strowman right now. It's the fanboy in me talking, but if Brock must lose, then I'd rather see Braun do it. It just seems there's been so much more invested in the Braun/Brock rivalry. I guess will know in the Chamber. Either way, another Braun/Roman rivalry over the belt would be dope.
Jan 30, 2018 2:00 AM

Feb 2013
Aphelion9 said:
NTAD said:

And maybe it is. Just seems like WWE actually has something good with Braun Strowman right now. It's the fanboy in me talking, but if Brock must lose, then I'd rather see Braun do it. It just seems there's been so much more invested in the Braun/Brock rivalry. I guess will know in the Chamber. Either way, another Braun/Roman rivalry over the belt would be dope.
I'm more than happy to see Braun take the title off Brock, but unless they're going to swerve us, the plan they've had for the last year was for Roman to snatch it up at Mania. The unfortunate thing is what really started getting Braun over was his feud with Roman. Yet Roman is still "The Guy". Now we have Roman most likely going in to Mania to have another championship dropped to him and then what?

Personally, I hope they go with the unlikely possibility of Braun winning at EC. The problem then though is you've still got your most over guy going to WM to face Brock and likely winning, but then what do you do with Roman? On the other hand if they stick to their guns and send Roman, then what do you do with Braun? Let his momentum go to waste?

I think Braun going over as well as he has isn't something they expected in the beginning and now they're just winging it with him. That's why this is such a messy situation. It's the same with Rusev, too. You've got two super over guys on both brands who need to be pushed to high heaven before they lose momentum and neither of them are holding a title yet.

When you look at the picture as a whole...it's volatile as hell right now.
Jan 30, 2018 6:11 AM

Nov 2011
So I heard Finn Balor lost his elimination chamber match spot to Cena.

What was the point of giving him so much momentum at the Royal Rumble? It reminds me how they fed him to Kane after he defeated Aj Styles at TLC 2017?
Jan 30, 2018 9:26 AM

Jan 2017
Stark700 said:
So I heard Finn Balor lost his elimination chamber match spot to Cena.

What was the point of giving him so much momentum at the Royal Rumble? It reminds me how they fed him to Kane after he defeated Aj Styles at TLC 2017?

To make him look impressive. Neither Cena nor Balor are going to be winning the Chamber, so it didn't matter who won that match. Cena brings star power and credibility to the Chamber that Finn Balor doesn't have.
Jan 30, 2018 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
Congrats to the Dudleys on being inducted in the HOF. They are one of the best Tag Teams in wrestling history.

D-VON, GET THE HOF RINGS!!!
Jan 30, 2018 4:52 PM

Oct 2011
the way cena took the dropkick to the turnbuckle which his back never hit and the way he rolled back to the center of the ring was cringeworthy SHIT

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Jan 31, 2018 10:30 AM

Jun 2015
That Rumble was actually pretty good.
Hell, maybe I'll even fall for the AJ/Nakamura bait and watch Wrestlemania.
Jan 31, 2018 11:05 PM
Nov 2017
Drake Fucking Maverick? DRAKE FUCKING MAVERICK?!!

Poor, poor Rockstar Spud.
Feb 1, 2018 2:27 AM

Jul 2013
NTAD said:

I think Braun going over as well as he has isn't something they expected in the beginning and now they're just winging it with him. That's why this is such a messy situation. It's the same with Rusev, too. You've got two super over guys on both brands who need to be pushed to high heaven before they lose momentum and neither of them are holding a title yet.

I heard some rumours that Braun is going to face The Miz for the IC at Mania, tbh this sucks for Braun and is a waste, I think a triple threat between Lesnar, Roman and Braun would be dope and a smart move.

I would put Rusev in a feud with Orton since the guy is over as the moon rn, but I think they already had one around Summerslam, no? Maybe Rusev beats Roode for the US Championship and that's the title he will stick with at least until Mania.

INSERT COIN

Feb 1, 2018 7:44 AM

Dec 2013
Pretty sure AJ/Nakamura is the only thing I'll care about at Wrestlemania.

On a sort of different note, anyone here pay for the WWE Network? I've considered getting it, but internet speeds are so bad here that I feel as though waiting for videos to stream just wouldn't be worth it.

These days I stick to /r/SquaredCircle, the short clips on WWE's official YouTube channel, and news from Bleacher Report/Wrestling Inc./WhatCulture to keep posted on everything.
Feb 1, 2018 7:56 AM

Jan 2017
Jessibelle said:
Pretty sure AJ/Nakamura is the only thing I'll care about at Wrestlemania.

On a sort of different note, anyone here pay for the WWE Network? I've considered getting it, but internet speeds are so bad here that I feel as though waiting for videos to stream just wouldn't be worth it.

These days I stick to /r/SquaredCircle, the short clips on WWE's official YouTube channel, and news from Bleacher Report/Wrestling Inc./WhatCulture to keep posted on everything.

At one point in time I did have the Network, but I chose not to keep it, as they did not have much pre-modern wrestling content available at that time. That was the main reason why I got it. Much of the stuff that they did have available, could be viewed on YT for free. If you are interested in watching stuff from the early 90's [particularly old episodes of Raw and Nitro] then the Network might be a worthwhile investment. Many of those episodes are not online anymore.

With the Network you also get to stream each PPV for free as well. So you'd pay $120 a year for 16 PPV's. If you have a smart TV, there's an app for the WWE Network.
Feb 1, 2018 12:10 PM

Feb 2013
GoAce said:
NTAD said:

I heard some rumours that Braun is going to face The Miz for the IC at Mania, tbh this sucks for Braun and is a waste, I think a triple threat between Lesnar, Roman and Braun would be dope and a smart move.

I would put Rusev in a feud with Orton since the guy is over as the moon rn, but I think they already had one around Summerslam, no? Maybe Rusev beats Roode for the US Championship and that's the title he will stick with at least until Mania.
Yeah, there is talk about Miz vs Braun, but I am not feeling that at all. Miz is supposed to get a major push soon and having him lose to Braun definitely isn't going to help either of them even if it means putting a title on Braun. It would mean absolutely nothing. Likewise though, having Braun lose clean isn't an option and a screwy finish where Miz retains would be stupid. Keeping Braun in the hunt for the Universal title is the only logical choice right now but then the Roman issue still remains. What do you do with your "top guy" then? Have him beat the most over dude in the company? That would have been like having Batista go over at WM 30. It just doesn't make sense.

And now with all the last minute changes we're hearing about that went on for the Rumble, one can only imagine what kinds of pot-holes there will be on the road to WM this year. But that's the nature of the business.
Jessibelle said:
I keep it for the PPVs and to go back and watch clips that are hard to find on YT and for the occasional episode re-watch. The documentaries are pretty good, too.
NTADFeb 1, 2018 12:14 PM
Feb 1, 2018 1:55 PM

Jun 2015
I just watched the Fantastica Mania shows and it's funny how happy Naito is around Rush, like a little brother whose cool big brother visits him over the holidays.
Feb 2, 2018 12:06 AM

Jan 2017
NTAD said:

Yeah, there is talk about Miz vs Braun, but I am not feeling that at all. Miz is supposed to get a major push soon and having him lose to Braun definitely isn't going to help either of them even if it means putting a title on Braun. It would mean absolutely nothing. Likewise though, having Braun lose clean isn't an option and a screwy finish where Miz retains would be stupid. Keeping Braun in the hunt for the Universal title is the only logical choice right now but then the Roman issue still remains. What do you do with your "top guy" then? Have him beat the most over dude in the company? That would have been like having Batista go over at WM 30. It just doesn't make sense.

And now with all the last minute changes we're hearing about that went on for the Rumble, one can only imagine what kinds of pot-holes there will be on the road to WM this year. But that's the nature of the business.

I've read a report on Forbes that Braun might be teaming with Ronda against Trips and Steph. Braun had a run-in with Triple H at the end of Survivor Series, so there is a little bit of history already there. A big attraction match like that would definitely do him more favors than fighting for a mid card title. It seems quite likely at this point that Reigns will probably be winning the Universal title at Mania, which is not a horrible prospect - by the numbers there's an argument that can be made that's he's the WWE's biggest full time draw and merchandise mover right now. The demand for a Reigns world title run is there. If WWE doesn't swerve us all instead. Braun would make for a good opponent for Reigns post-Mania.
AphelionFeb 2, 2018 12:25 AM
Feb 5, 2018 3:03 PM
Nov 2017
The sound of Monday Night Raw has evolved once again!

Announced on Twitter, WWE has selected Papa Roach's "Born For Greatness" (Off their Ninth Studio Album 'Crooked Teeth') as their new theme (2nd Papa Roach tune after "...To Be Loved").

Source: http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0205/636714/wwe-confirms-new-raw-theme-song/

Music Video down below
Feb 5, 2018 8:37 PM

Feb 2013
Kitsunethyst said:
The sound of Monday Night Raw has evolved once again!

Announced on Twitter, WWE has selected Papa Roach's "Born For Greatness" (Off their Ninth Studio Album 'Crooked Teeth') as their new theme (2nd Papa Roach tune after "...To Be Loved").

Source: http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0205/636714/wwe-confirms-new-raw-theme-song/

Music Video down below
I think they were already using it last week? Weird that it's just now confirmed. Maybe they were trying it out to see how people would react first.
Still....meh. I haven't really enjoyed a Raw theme since Thorn in Your Eye/We're all together and Across the Nation.
Feb 5, 2018 9:08 PM

Jan 2017
RAW should be changed to 3 hours of Braun continuously powerslamming people.
Feb 5, 2018 9:28 PM

Nov 2011
Really glad they are pushing Elias.

Strowman should also get a world title reign this year...
Feb 6, 2018 1:53 AM

Aug 2013
Gheeze I'm a bit late to the new topic after the milestone we hit,congrats to everyone involved!

I wanted to talk about the Rumble but it's too late now,still one of the best.
Takeover was awesome too,2 MoTN right there.

Road to Wrestlemania baby,I'm excited.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (27) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.