Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 26, 2018 9:02 AM

Oct 2015
KazuroWeisemann said:
When I was coming to the anime page , I expected it to be ranked around #500 or so but to my surprise it rated #3000?

#500?! Do you even know what that means? That's already above the 8/10 mark. Only a dozen or so shows per year get that rating nowadays. Yeah, sure, Fairy Tail and many other very weak series are above the 8/10 score on MAL but that's mainly due to popularity and the people who vote are finally getting better at distinguishing what's "ok" from what's actually "VERY GOOD" (as the 8/10 means).
Feb 26, 2018 11:26 AM

Apr 2016
Is there any logic as to why he gets sent into the game?

There are a number of problems with this anime, right off the bat. The game is boring, it has no special parameters that would make it a game anyone would want to buy. The things that are interesting about the world are not things that a player can derive value from simply by using a mouse and keyboard (taste of food.) There are no special skill developments, classes, partner monsters, or depth.

Two the guy is a pathetic beta male loser character, and basically a clone of that other gay guy in SAO. He's unlikable, and unrelatable I'm a king alpha.

3 I'm on the third episode yet and nothing has happened in this fantasy world that is much more interesting than some events that can take place in real life. What is the point of all this fluff? Going to the market, and eating food, and talking to girls, how is this magical?

4. the combat system doesn't make sense, he leveled up to 310 killing a handful of level 50~ creatures. Wat. The enemy in the first episode is easily overpowered by a weaker magic spell. Huh? It's just shit really.

Feb 27, 2018 1:25 AM

Dec 2012
Nostalgik said:
KazuroWeisemann said:
When I was coming to the anime page , I expected it to be ranked around #500 or so but to my surprise it rated #3000?

#500?! Do you even know what that means? That's already above the 8/10 mark. Only a dozen or so shows per year get that rating nowadays. Yeah, sure, Fairy Tail and many other very weak series are above the 8/10 score on MAL but that's mainly due to popularity and the people who vote are finally getting better at distinguishing what's "ok" from what's actually "VERY GOOD" (as the 8/10 means).

Sword art online could make it to #40 but a 100x better show like Death March coundn't even make #500 .. Thats what got me ..

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

Feb 27, 2018 4:34 AM

Oct 2015
KazuroWeisemann said:
Nostalgik said:

Sword art online could make it to #40 but a 100x better show like Death March coundn't even make #500 .. Thats what got me ..
Sword Art Online? #40? What are you even talking about? XD
Feb 27, 2018 7:09 AM

Dec 2012
Nostalgik said:
KazuroWeisemann said:

XDD..

When it was airing , sword are online went up till rank 40 lol .. It dropped quite a bit now though ..

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

Feb 27, 2018 8:32 AM

Apr 2017
people just giving free hate, that's it
Feb 27, 2018 11:00 AM

Oct 2015
KazuroWeisemann said:
Nostalgik said:

XDD..

When it was airing , sword are online went up till rank 40 lol .. It dropped quite a bit now though ..

"A bit" you say... "a bit"... XD
Feb 27, 2018 5:37 PM
Nov 2014
I think SAO is a terrible show, but if you were to ask me between SAO and Death March to pick out which show was better, I would instantly reply SAO. Like last season's Isekai Smartphone, Death March is a generic isekai harem that fails on a number of levels which would take an entire essay to fully describe.

And yet some people try to argue that I and most others give SAO, Isekai Smartphone, this show, and the rest of the garbage under the sea a low score because we're just "haters", that we just hate things that are "popular". Excuse me, but we have a very simple reason for hating these shows and rating them lowly: first and foremost, THEY'RE BORING. Sometimes even offensive! And while I wouldn't say Death March goes as far as being offensive, it absolutely boring to me and by all rights should be to anyone who has watched enough Isekai anime for their brains to go numb.

Even compared to a normal, isekai harem with an OP protagonist, Death March is particularly lazy because any conflict is resolved by maxing out whatever specialized skill you need for the situation. There's not even a process to victory anymore; the main character just wins by default unless he actively chooses not to. Which also reminds me, the main character doesn't have a personality, and neither do the women who just instantly fall in love with him ("I'm not married, and I don't have a boyfriend!" <---- are you fucking kidding me? Who says this shit to a generic guy they just met?). I am not at all amused when there's literally no reason to be invested in the plot (if there even exists a plot) or the characters who say things that no sane human being would ever say in their situation.

God, this show is just not good, and it doesn't do anything that people haven't seen before, nor does it excel in any of those aspects. It's just literal wish fulfillment.
Feb 27, 2018 9:08 PM

Dec 2012
Nostalgik said:
KazuroWeisemann said:

XDD..

"A bit" you say... "a bit"... XD

I did say 'Quite a bit' ..

Its an ambiguous way of saying when you make an approximation .. I am just too lazy to go to the SAO anime page lol ...

Mar 1, 2018 1:40 AM
Sep 2013
Yes, odd. Usually you nerds love shows like these that just reek of wish-fulfillment. The fact that you only gave it a 7 means that it might actually be decent. Light novel based wish-fulfillment crap like SAO, Re:Zero, KonoSuba, etc have kept me away from these types of shows like the plague but I think I'll give this one a try. Not getting my hopes up though, these shows are pretty damn bad after all.

"Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash" is pretty much the only good show with a similar premise; in fact its a fantastic show, which naturally means you nerds don't really like it.

[quote=KazuroWeisemann message=54163869]
Railey2 said:
(Thats nothing , the MC in Tate no yuusha does not stop slavery , he buys slaves and he is the most likeable MC of all time)

Oh fucking me kill me. Please tell me you don't like this show. Cuz if you like this show, then that is not a good sign at all. I always trash on Kirito cuz SAO is the most well-known of all these show but compare to that guy, Kirito is the most fantastic character in the universe.
MrNTRMar 1, 2018 1:52 AM
Mar 1, 2018 2:52 AM

Dec 2012
[quote=MrNTR message=54213224]Yes, odd. Usually you nerds love shows like these that just reek of wish-fulfillment. The fact that you only gave it a 7 means that it might actually be decent. Light novel based wish-fulfillment crap like SAO, Re:Zero, KonoSuba, etc have kept me away from these types of shows like the plague but I think I'll give this one a try. Not getting my hopes up though, these shows are pretty damn bad after all.

"Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash" is pretty much the only good show with a similar premise; in fact its a fantastic show, which naturally means you nerds don't really like it.

KazuroWeisemann said:
Railey2 said:
(Thats nothing , the MC in Tate no yuusha does not stop slavery , he buys slaves and he is the most likeable MC of all time)

Oh fucking me kill me. Please tell me you don't like this show. Cuz if you like this show, then that is not a good sign at all. I always trash on Kirito cuz SAO is the most well-known of all these show but compare to that guy, Kirito is the most fantastic character in the universe.

Idk what you are talking about because of the messed up syntax of the reply but "Wish fulfillment shows" maybe enjoyable to some , and may not be enjoyable for others .. That's all there is to it ..

I didn't like kirito because I could not relate (Here too I can't completely relate to the MC a couple of times) But that does not stop it from something being enjoyable to watch at leisure time , Instead of going and watching shows that could mess with your brain and add to stress .. For me its much better to relax and watch it on a weekend as part of escapism mechanism ..

This life is shit , Its universal truth no matter how rich you are or how fortunate you might be .. That is what makes shows like this appealing to many ..

Mar 1, 2018 7:42 AM

Jul 2015
hey kazuro you messed up the quotes quite a lot there
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Mar 1, 2018 8:54 AM
Feb 2018
The real reason is that lot of people have insight allowing them to reach conclusions as accurate like that after watching Fullmetal Alchemist opening that it is a romance between Al and Winry with magic abilities copied from fairy tail and constantly making jokes about Al being short.

So people bash this without even getting genre right. In this story MC isn't overpowered, he constantly struggles in his quest of getting pickles.
Also, this isn't harem story, it is a story of a person cursed by gods with a terrible curse of being surrounded by flat chested girls.

You watch this mainly for comedy and cute moments of a slow-paced story. It isn't shonen so the size of the main hero doesn't matter.

For enjoyability, you should read first few web/light novel volumes before watching this as its great literature. It has very good world building.

Anime omits lot to fit into 12 episodes and you won't understand a lot because of missing background(For example it would need a whole episode of only Arisa/Satou talk).

I wouldn't use manga as it also skips lot of background and art is pretty mediocre.

Like that novel explains that slavery is fact of life and people racism vs demihumans put KKK to shame. Satou simply does the best action to protect them, only option to change a system is to change his name to Palpatine and plan world domination for the greater good.

Mar 1, 2018 9:04 AM

Dec 2012
Railey2 said:
hey kazuro you messed up the quotes quite a lot there

The messed up quotes are of the person I quoted .. Those are not my words .. Because of his messed up quote , My quote got messed up ..

Not to mention Mr.NTR quoted you in the quote I quoted .. Lot of confusion by @MrNTR

Mar 1, 2018 9:46 AM

Jul 2016
Even coming from someone who loved Isekai smartphone, Deathmarch is extremely bland. I've been starting to like and watch slice of life stuff much more than I did within my first year or so of watching anime, but that doesn't mean I like all slice of life. Deathmarch combines two genres I generally like, and manages to be boring and uninteresting at both ends. Honestly, I though it sounded good, but it hasn't lived up to that expectation since episode 1. I'm sure many other people feel similarly, except for the like of smartphone. I'm sure many isekai haters watched it just to complain, but I think it's just as easy for someone who likes isekai stuff to find deathmarch bland. There isn't really even any ridiculous comedic serious moments, like when they defeated a dragon using slip in smartphone. Deathmarch could've been a success on both the isekai and slice of life front if the writer tried a little more because I think the potential is there, despite finding it bland as is.

Mar 1, 2018 10:05 AM

Dec 2012
AobaSuzukaze said:
Even coming from someone who loved Isekai smartphone, Deathmarch is extremely bland. I've been starting to like and watch slice of life stuff much more than I did within my first year or so of watching anime, but that doesn't mean I like all slice of life. Deathmarch combines two genres I generally like, and manages to be boring and uninteresting at both ends. Honestly, I though it sounded good, but it hasn't lived up to that expectation since episode 1. I'm sure many other people feel similarly, except for the like of smartphone. I'm sure many isekai haters watched it just to complain, but I think it's just as easy for someone who likes isekai stuff to find deathmarch bland. There isn't really even any ridiculous comedic serious moments, like when they defeated a dragon using slip in smartphone. Deathmarch could've been a success on both the isekai and slice of life front if the writer tried a little more because I think the potential is there, despite finding it bland as is.

How strange .. I like both death march and isekai smartphone but like death march more ... The harem was the only thing that was better in Isekai smartphone .. Honestly , What I like about Death march is that its carefree (People dislike that saying there is no story) But they fail to notice the world bilding and the immersive small details the show offers .. I am not saying that they have bad taste because they don't notice that .. Just pointing it out why a lot of people like it as well .. I was just surprised that the rating was worse than I thought it would be .. Its a shame ..

Mar 1, 2018 7:55 PM
Oct 2017
Simple : not quite good enough execution.

But i am glad this is a way better than Smartphone
Mar 1, 2018 11:38 PM

Nov 2011
KazuroWeisemann said:
AobaSuzukaze said:

How strange .. I like both death march and isekai smartphone but like death march more ... The harem was the only thing that was better in Isekai smartphone .. Honestly , What I like about Death march is that its carefree (People dislike that saying there is no story) But they fail to notice the world bilding and the immersive small details the show offers .. I am not saying that they have bad taste because they don't notice that .. Just pointing it out why a lot of people like it as well .. I was just surprised that the rating was worse than I thought it would be .. Its a shame ..

^^This...
character limit

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 2, 2018 8:48 AM
Jul 2008
AobaSuzukaze said:

I also like smartphone more but I don't find this anime is bland or boring. I like smartphone because it has more comedy and not really serious story.
This anime's story is more serious and need more episodes to build the story. We still have many unexplained questions by the end of this anime while in smartphone you pretty much have everything already answered.
Apr 3, 2018 12:42 AM

Aug 2012
KazuroWeisemann said:
When I was coming to the anime page , I expected it to be ranked around #500 or so but to my surprise it rated #3000? And the reviews are that bad? This was one of the most enjoyable anime I have watched in a while ... It feels like people are just giving it low ratings by just tagging it "Generic isekai anime" Automatic rating 4 .. LMAO ..

Tht LN and the manga's rating are pretty good and i have no complains with the animation/sound etc .. Why do people who dislike isekai genre watch isekai anime then?

EDIT: For some reason the manga's rating dropped since the last time I checked .. LNs rating dropped too but not by that much ..
The MC is too overpowered from the beginning so you cannot take anything too serious. There is no challenge for him
Apr 3, 2018 7:11 AM

Oct 2017
Easy, this is by far the worst isekai anime I've watched yes even SAO is better, now is it a bad anime overall too? Yes it is, it's not worst than black clover but it's really close. If you want to watch food porn with Isekai and relax there is an anime like that already and it's awesome called Isekai Shokudou.
Sark_MorganApr 3, 2018 7:21 AM
Apr 4, 2018 7:15 PM

Mar 2013
Planas said:
Easy, this is by far the worst isekai anime I've watched yes even SAO is better, now is it a bad anime overall too? Yes it is, it's not worst than black clover but it's really close. If you want to watch food porn with Isekai and relax there is an anime like that already and it's awesome called Isekai Shokudou.
I concur. Isekai Shokudou is amazing but of course, it's not harem and shit so people gave it no attention.
Apr 5, 2018 11:36 AM

Jul 2013
Because the series is bad and the characters is full of loli (bad)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2018 8:16 AM

Nov 2009
KazuroWeisemann said:
When I was coming to the anime page , I expected it to be ranked around #500 or so but to my surprise it rated #3000? And the reviews are that bad? This was one of the most enjoyable anime I have watched in a while ... It feels like people are just giving it low ratings by just tagging it "Generic isekai anime" Automatic rating 4 .. LMAO ..

Tht LN and the manga's rating are pretty good and i have no complains with the animation/sound etc .. Why do people who dislike isekai genre watch isekai anime then?

EDIT: For some reason the manga's rating dropped since the last time I checked .. LNs rating dropped too but not by that much ..

1) A lot of people dislike Slice Of Life anime whenever they unexpectedly meet one. That's the reason, say, Rewrite has a low rating. People keep expecting fast pacing and explosions, but it's a slice-of-life.
2) Frankly, I feel that the anime adaptation isn't done well enough, and the director could have done better.
Apr 10, 2018 11:34 AM
Apr 2018
it betrayed me by having a couple of good episodes which roped me into watching the rest of the blandest shit in the world. i don't care if the protag looks like every other isekai protag, but he literally has 0 fucking personality.
wammmoApr 10, 2018 11:40 AM
Apr 11, 2018 10:21 AM

Jun 2013
wammmo said:
it betrayed me by having a couple of good episodes which roped me into watching the rest of the blandest shit in the world. i don't care if the protag looks like every other isekai protag, but he literally has 0 fucking personality.

Why people keep saying MC has not personality, it's suposed to be around 30 years old so he is mature and it would be ridiculous if he acted like a teen

and stop complaining about being boring it's suposed to be SoL not an Action or Shonen
Apr 16, 2018 9:28 AM
Jan 2018
I think it may have higher rate if more fight like eps 4, beacause the kind of cheated isekai mc not using his ability is pretty lame, but i enjoy mainly
Apr 17, 2018 5:08 AM
Apr 2009
The Anime have very cute girls but the story is boring... its only a slice of life with harem comedy.
Apr 18, 2018 5:17 AM
Jul 2017
The first episode had potential for me. But the way this anime is paced and with there being little if not no character development or plot whatsoever. MC was actually pretty interesting when he was in "the real world". The design was pretty unqiue. But after the got transfered he just became a bland character. Even though the art and the art style is good imo, the story just couldnt back it up. Imo this anime couldve been much better. This anime is basically Isekai smartphone with lolis fused with Musaigen no Phantom world. Which is 2 average animes at best. Overrall this show is mediocre, can't reallt call it bad. Just another generic isekai anime. I guess you could enjoy it, but it depends on individuals.
Apr 18, 2018 5:32 AM

Mar 2015
the anime actually already very compressed and people still find it boring? damn... people nowdays really just want quick action-drama fest....
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 19, 2018 9:12 PM

Jan 2012
This show was fun and entertaining. I really enjoyed it.
I really hope we can get another season - and soon.

I think there is a general bias against "Isekai" anime at the moment by those who like to consider themselves as elitists, since the genre has been popular recently.
Apr 20, 2018 2:53 AM

May 2014
wammmo said:

Pretty much this

it has potential from the start, but its slowly turning into a poor combination between moe sol and isekai anime with a self insert mess into a one unwatchable trainwreck. the plot is really generic, MC transported to another world for no reason.. heard those kind of story before? and unlike other isekai series with a goal set in mind, or interesting characters, or any sense of progression.. this series doesnt even have any of those.

so it ends up into watching some anime girls doing cute things type of show with some fanservice getting thrown in. and theres nothing memorable about the MC, he's just some beta self insert that doesnt have any memorable traits.. in other anime, some MC are funny, perverted, or dumb, (and so on) but still have a redeeming qualities that makes them into a memorable and interesting MC. this guy doesnt have any of those, unless you count being "good whiteknight with double standard" is a good MC trait. "my enemy is a male or some ugly creature? whatever just let them die" "oh its a girl? time to rescue them all"

its unoriginal, OP beta saint type of MC (+awful voice), cast of uninteresting moe-blob characters, and weak plot that went nowhere
it promotes itself using a OP MC, so you expect something like OPM, Overlord, Reincarnated as a Slime and so on, but it ends up into a generic and boring sol anime.
It doesnt need a over the top fight scenes or fast paced action story, the problem is this show doesnt know what it wants to be, so we ends up having a half assed show without any memorable moments that tries to be everything, and the terrible MC makes it even worse
Apr 20, 2018 11:44 PM

Aug 2014
Because it was average to bad?
What else it could be?

The review pretty much tells the summary about of the Anime.
Generic protagonist and disregard progress get woman.

It was somehow enjoyable but the story absolutely give nothing to remember.
The MC basically is a self insert protag that have 0 personality, The girls arent even special or unique the slighest, the RPG theme made it worse because most of the time it seems like an asspull that almost never get explained "Properly".

Theres no villain whatsoever , they're indeed looks exactly like a typical mmo bosses/monster. Killed for the sake of convenient. The OST... are they even exist? lul. The OP is avg, least the ED somehow relaxing following the slideshow or whatsoever. Away from the technical quality above, the animation quality is alright.

7/10 would be at best but mostly its between 3-6 hence why the avg score showing 6.8.

Even shitty and hated Citrus was far better than this one.
May 1, 2018 7:55 AM
Jun 2015
Cause it's generic harem isekai plus uninteresting OP MC, which also oversells their girls. MC so OP, he never have anything that could threaten him, at all

Sounds like SAO, isn't it? And yet you still wonder why the score is bad
Saiz-May 2, 2018 10:27 PM
May 1, 2018 8:38 AM

Nov 2016
This anime wasn't that good to begin with. And when the stoey progressed a harem was born. The main character also doesn't have a personality at all, is one more of those cases of OP character in another world.
May 3, 2018 11:15 PM

Nov 2009
Saiz- said:
Cause it's generic harem isekai plus uninteresting OP MC, which also oversells their girls. MC so OP, he never have anything that could threaten him, at all

Sounds like SAO, isn't it? And yet you still wonder why the score is bad

Next, would you claim that both Kirito and Satou have the same personality? I have to complete my "dumb SAO hater" bingo card here.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2018

146 by RamonDehon »»
Mar 16, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2018

122 by lostinursheets »»
Mar 13, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2018

144 by Forum »»
Feb 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2018

269 by KinjiKido »»
Jan 28, 3:09 AM

» Isekai Animes are going to start needing Bechdel Tests

Talamare - Nov 8, 2023

14 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jan 26, 12:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.