Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 28, 2018 8:51 AM

Feb 2015
Frieza was amazingly hilarious in this episode. From being his sadistic and arrogant self to seeing him getting the thrashing he deserved, I loved it.

Now, what I want to know is how Frieza survived Destruction. I thought it was meant to destroy anything it touches... though if that were the case, Toppo would disqualify himself, so I guess he can adjust the level of destruction the technique can achieve...
Jan 28, 2018 9:08 AM
Dec 2017
Universe 11 is cheating!!!

They cant have a God participate in the tournament. I know someone is gonna say " He's a canidate so its fair" Toppo WAS a canidate BEFORE he obtained the aura, abilities, and markings on his body.

Toppo IS a god of destruction now. Toppo should be erased on the spot.

This episode is amazing though :)
Jan 28, 2018 9:20 AM

Nov 2012
Remember when Toppo was foreshadowed early on to have a hidden power such as being the next God of Destruction... yeah me neither
Jan 28, 2018 10:27 AM

Jun 2017
Inb4 U7 wins because Frieza is still on stage even though he is half dead now xD. That's gonna be hilarious if it happens.
Jan 28, 2018 11:03 AM

Jun 2015
DAYUM!! This SHit got so fucking real *_*
Jan 28, 2018 1:40 PM

Jul 2013
Jiren and Toppo (after his transformation) let Goku, Vegeta and Co. look like amateurs. Jiren isn't even sweating.

Toppos power is unreal. Didn't expect that Golden Freezer would be beat with a single energy ball. And even Freezers attack which can destroy a whole planet looked like a joke against Toppo.

But even when Freezer got beat he was super hilarious with his laugh in this episode :D

I wonder what 17 can do against Toppo and what will happen if he also got beat? I can't see how Goku and Vegeta can fight against Jiren and Toppo on their own.

Next episode should be interesting. Much more Vegeta action.

Jan 28, 2018 1:52 PM

Feb 2013
Aohh said:
This episode did not make sense.

Toppo restrained himself in order not to kill Frieza so that he is not disqualified, but a few moments before he used the power of destruction against him...

He is also now more cruel and evil.

That's because it's fucking Frieza. You didn't saw what Frieza did to him before huh?
Jan 28, 2018 1:53 PM

Feb 2013
ExoticArts said:

They cant have a God participate in the tournament. I know someone is gonna say " He's a canidate so its fair" Toppo WAS a canidate BEFORE he obtained the aura, abilities, and markings on his body.

They aren't. Stop being a retard and pay attention to the anime.
Jan 28, 2018 1:55 PM

Feb 2013
MCA5EY said:
Remember when Toppo was foreshadowed early on to have a hidden power such as being the next God of Destruction... yeah me neither

We know for months that he is a candidate of the next Hakaishin. You have to be an imbecile to not know this when everyone knew.
Jan 28, 2018 1:56 PM

Feb 2013
Milennin said:
Frieza was amazingly hilarious in this episode. From being his sadistic and arrogant self to seeing him getting the thrashing he deserved, I loved it.

Now, what I want to know is how Frieza survived Destruction. I thought it was meant to destroy anything it touches... though if that were the case, Toppo would disqualify himself, so I guess he can adjust the level of destruction the technique can achieve...

Hakai is different than Hakai Energy. Hakai energy isn't going to destroy you in the spot like the normal one that Beerus did.
Jan 28, 2018 1:56 PM
Dec 2017
I am paying attention, and instead of insulting me you can give me an actual reply or just ignore my post
Jan 28, 2018 2:49 PM

Aug 2014
Fair enough, this is as exciting as DBS has gotten so far.

Toppo genuinely comes off as threatening. Too bad his character is inconsistent; first he's this hardcore justice zealot and then appearently he has to discard his personality to become a god of destruction. Why a person like him would be aiming to become that, when that's the condition, I don't know.

Honestly wish Frieza would make a comeback to take him down, but guess that's not happening. Guess Vegeta'll do a suicide mission next week and that'll do it.

Best case scenario for the end of the arc: Universe 7 wins, because Goku and Jiren don't finish the fight before time out and everybody just forgets Frieza is still lying with all bones broken in the arena.
Jan 28, 2018 3:23 PM

Oct 2010
One of the best episode in ToP.

17 has the most powerful ability in the entire anime industry: Common Sense. Its so refreshing and he is just so badass. The real MVP.

I love how they handled this episode, great sound track, animation and art. The camera zoom on 17 when he was trying to come up with a plan and Frieza's view when he got dropped on the ground by Toppo were fantastic.
Jan 28, 2018 4:44 PM

May 2015
Why is Toppo using a power that as title says can easly destroy = kill character in the tournament where killing means DSQ? Nice job.

Also Freeza deserved it. His screen time in 90% his "ohohohooh" laughing.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 28, 2018 6:06 PM

Jul 2017
SteelingMax said:
gratifyy said:
theres alot of people saying this episode is good but in my opinion this is just a continuous downward spiral into the mess that is dbs with its absurd power increases out of nowhere and plot points being pulled out of thin air, this anime is starting to be really convoluted to the point where i dont even understand whats happening half the time and when i do i'm getting upset about the writing and flops of ideas to keep the "hype" going, this episode is honestly a 1/5 as it embodies everything wrong this anime to this point.

Go watch Fairy Tail, SAO, Black Clover and Nanatsu no Taizai.

i did and aside from seven deadly sins theyre all pretty dumb with their characters that doesnt change what i said though
Jan 28, 2018 8:37 PM

Oct 2016
ExoticArts said:

Not cheating, Toppo is not a God of destruction, there can only be 1 God of D for each Universe, The clown is the God of destruction not Toppo, Just because Toppo Managed to learn the special abilities a God of destruction can use doesnt mean he should be disqualified, plus Toppo life is not linked to any Supreme Kaio Which is something required for a God of Destruction
Jan 29, 2018 3:13 AM
Dec 2017
you are the only guy who made a legit reason of why im wrong.
Jan 29, 2018 7:25 AM
Dec 2017
Frieza got disrespected lol i wasn't expecting that.
Jan 29, 2018 8:23 AM

Dec 2016
Same old story for poor Frieza, always brutally humiliated, always trashed right after thinking no one this time could take him down lol, it's the price for arrogance...I'm even starting to feel sorry for him...

Really hyped for how all this is going to conclude, even already knowing that clearly U7 will survive, hope we get a final twist of some nature to make things more exciting.

Jan 29, 2018 10:16 AM

Jul 2017
I found it a really good episode. That GoD Toppo is freaking imposing. I loved the way C-17 managed to hang on against Toppo, even though he couldn't scratch his opponent. Freeza's wreck was really satisfying as well. When Toppo grabs his head and squeezes it, that's one of my top favorite scenes in this tournament.
As for predictions about the ending of the tournament, I would bet Toppo throws C-17 out, before getting eliminated by Vegeta, who may sacrifice himself due to the battle, or fall out some way along with Toppo. Then Goku finally achieves the UI and the real battle against Jiren begins. At the end, time's up and we have a theoretical draw. But wait... There's still a little piece of smashed evil creature somewhere, hidden at the edge of the arena.Universe 7 wins.
Another similar scenario could be the elimination of both Jiren and Goku, almost at the same time, with a slight time advantage for Jiren, which would make him the winner, IF Freeza wasn't still in the game.
Each one of this two scenarios would be expected, in my opinion, so I hope we will become any surprise element for the end. But I think one thing is certain, Freeza will have an important role in the tournament outcome, either through his simple neglected presence or through some kind of betrayal against Goku at a crucial final point.
Jan 29, 2018 1:14 PM

Oct 2014
Maitoz said:
Not cheating, Toppo is not a God of destruction, there can only be 1 God of D for each Universe, The clown is the God of destruction not Toppo, Just because Toppo Managed to learn the special abilities a God of destruction can use doesnt mean he should be disqualified, plus Toppo life is not linked to any Supreme Kaio Which is something required for a God of Destruction

Even if that's the case (though they said in the episode that he's no different from a God of Destruction), that still leaves him with 2 broken rules. Ki flight and using lethal attacks. Of course almost any attack can be lethal if applied properly, but Destruction is.. well... Destruction. Freeza surviving it is supposedly an extreme outlier.
LuZekeJan 29, 2018 1:43 PM
Jan 29, 2018 1:23 PM

Oct 2017
This ep was pretty awesome. Toppo is now even more beefed up than Ben Swolo and Frieze got the fisting of a lifetime.
Jan 29, 2018 3:08 PM
Dec 2017
That was dope. I cant believe i was so naive to think a rock could stop toppo and vegeta's fight (if you remember) and atlast we get to see a bare chest qith those muscles man really cant wait to see goku like that soon
Jan 29, 2018 3:16 PM
Dec 2017
gratifyy said:
theres alot of people saying this episode is good but in my opinion this is just a continuous downward spiral into the mess that is dbs with its absurd power increases out of nowhere and plot points being pulled out of thin air, this anime is starting to be really convoluted to the point where i dont even understand whats happening half the time and when i do i'm getting upset about the writing and flops of ideas to keep the "hype" going, this episode is honestly a 1/5 as it embodies everything wrong this anime to this point.
you are supposed to have realized that long time ago people dont watch dbs because of plot you would just mess up your brain seriously just enjoy the fights
Jan 29, 2018 4:25 PM

Jul 2017
Riboku-uchiha said:
gratifyy said:
you are supposed to have realized that long time ago people dont watch dbs because of plot you would just mess up your brain seriously just enjoy the fights
the fights and animation are actually really good i just had a literal stroke when i started thinking about the plot
Jan 29, 2018 8:34 PM

Oct 2016
LuZeke said:
Maitoz said:

Even if that's the case (though they said in the episode that he's no different from a God of Destruction), that still leaves him with 2 broken rules. Ki flight and using lethal attacks. Of course almost any attack can be lethal if applied properly, but Destruction is.. well... Destruction. Freeza surviving it is supposedly an extreme outlier.

tru but you gotta keep a few things in mind, he is not really flying, At least I didnt see it, when Jiren fought Goku for the first time they werent flying either, they were failing and thats it.

The Ki Flight is not really Prohibited, Grand Priest just applied a restriction to flying, if they wanted to ki flight they wouldnt be able to because of the restriction but its not against the rules to be powerful enough to break Grand Priest Ki flight Restriction and Fly.

And we dont know how Destruction really works yet, who knows maybe you can actually tone it down or something?
It wasnt Prohibited so its not against the Rules , if Toppo kills someone or not thats his problem.
Jan 29, 2018 10:29 PM

Jul 2008
With all the trash Frieza was talking Im thinking toppo thought he could handle that big of a blast, which he did. He really didn't look that bad afterwards either and still managed to toss a planet destroyer at toppo. Frieza is a lot like Vegeta and Goku in his ability to power up through means of battle and being put on the brink of death. Im thinking hes gonna come back with a new power up.

Its looking like 17 gets knocked off by toppo next episode. I think Vegetas gonna sacrifice himself to knock toppo off. Then we have a powered up Frieza and Goku working together to take out Jiren which would make for some interesting character development.

Regardless of 17s fate next episode hes still MvP in my book
Three Thousand Realms in a Single Moment
Jan 30, 2018 12:10 AM

Dec 2014
ok god of destruction power…that is something…. Frieza being freiza nice made me laugh
Jan 30, 2018 3:50 PM

Oct 2014
Maitoz said:
tru but you gotta keep a few things in mind, he is not really flying, At least I didnt see it, when Jiren fought Goku for the first time they werent flying either, they were failing and thats it.

The Ki Flight is not really Prohibited, Grand Priest just applied a restriction to flying, if they wanted to ki flight they wouldnt be able to because of the restriction but its not against the rules to be powerful enough to break Grand Priest Ki flight Restriction and Fly.

And we dont know how Destruction really works yet, who knows maybe you can actually tone it down or something?
It wasnt Prohibited so its not against the Rules , if Toppo kills someone or not thats his problem.

Watch the segment again where Toppo is pursuing 17. He is most definitely flying. When Great Priest explains the rules he says: "Skills to prevent falling, such as floating, cannot be used" So even if Toppo is strong enough to fly anyway, it's still against the rules set up by Great Priest. (As I've said before, Jiren's stone stepping from earlier should also be a violation according to this stipulation).

Killing was also explicitly prohibited. Freeza is the only instance we've seen where Destruction hasn't outright killed its target (presumably because Freeza too stronk), and Toppo assumed that his attack killed (or "destroyed") him.
Jan 30, 2018 8:01 PM

Oct 2016
LuZeke said:
Maitoz said:

Watch the segment again where Toppo is pursuing 17. He is most definitely flying. When Great Priest explains the rules he says: "Skills to prevent falling, such as floating, cannot be used" So even if Toppo is strong enough to fly anyway, it's still against the rules set up by Great Priest. (As I've said before, Jiren's stone stepping from earlier should also be a violation according to this stipulation).

Killing was also explicitly prohibited. Freeza is the only instance we've seen where Destruction hasn't outright killed its target (presumably because Freeza too stronk), and Toppo assumed that his attack killed (or "destroyed") him.

Thats not exactly what I remember, I know the Grand Priest added a restriction to flying to all the Fighters of the 8 Universes, thats why when Goku and others try to fly they cant do it, Not because its not allowed but because they lost the flying ability to the Grand Priest, But what If youre strong enough to break Said Restriction?

And I rewatched the Toppo vs 17 and all they are doing is jumping lol.

And again if any fighter uses Killing moves on opponents, thats their business if they get disqualified for killing someone, but they wont get desqualified for using top tier killing abilities, and you can say that toppo lost his mind as well.
Feb 2, 2018 3:57 PM
Oct 2013
Toppo being a candidate on becoming the next Universe 11 God of Destruction was stated many episodes ago so no problem there. It was a clear hint that his power may rival Jiren's.
Toppo destroying Frieza was the most brutal scene in DBS, it surprised me because so far it has been very tame with violence. But they still didn't break a blood taboo.
And it was one of the biggest curbstomps in DBS. I think nobody expected that Golden Frieza will get curbstomped in one blast.
But Frieza didn't fall off the arena. So he will be back. He will return in the deciding moment and kick ass again. Also, previously he said he's going to pit the various Gods of Destruction against each other and that one day he would overthrow the Zenos. I want to at least see him trying.
Feb 2, 2018 7:11 PM

Mar 2015
One of the best episodes of this arc, loved it! Frieza is hilarious, the guy is a villain but he looks so polite ahah, didn't want to see him getting defeated like that, but im happy that he avoid the elimination.

Another character who i cant stop applauding is Android 17, one of the things Dragon Ball Super did good was bringing him back. Want to see more of 17 and Frieza before the arc ends, sad that we don't have much time...
Feb 11, 2018 9:07 AM

Dec 2015
You would think that a warrior like Frieza wouldn't underestimate someone just because on the outside they look a bit angry or sad. I mean, his arch nemesis is a guy that changes the color of his hair to get stronger(!!), plus Toppo uses the power of the Gods of Destruction. This was such a great chance to show Frieza's growth, but he's still the same dumb villain he always was.

Come on guys, you have like a dozen angels plus two Gods of Destruction sitting right next to you, and you're still afraid for your lives lmao.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 3, 2018 10:31 PM

Dec 2012
LMAOOO Frieza

17's rock XD

Mar 17, 2018 3:02 PM

Sep 2011
Loved Frieza in this episode. He and 17 are being one of the best addition in this arc.

Toppo is really a monster, I think Goku or Vegeta will need to fight him, there's no way for 17 to defeat him.
May 21, 2018 8:27 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It was a great surprise, Toppo is a candidate for a Destruction God!!! and his power is amazing!!! kekeke
Aug 25, 2019 5:03 PM

Nov 2017
Frieza being sassy gives me laughs, life and is an eternal mood
Dec 19, 2019 1:30 PM
Sep 2016
I'm used to Dragon Ball being stupid, but they lost me here. How do you let a guy become a deity of destruction in the middle of a match. This is retarded. Who knew you could just become a deity. Fuck this.
Jun 22, 2020 3:26 PM

Dec 2012
Final Flash!
Dat kick.
17. Toppo.
17 beam spam.
Dat blast.
Beam struggle.
Freeza finger beamed Toppo from behind.
Freeza finger beaming Toppo.
Dat blast.
Toppo survives the blast.
Toppo doesnt need justice anymore? He's made his resolve?
Close to divine Ki?
Dat symbol.
Dat form.
Unadulterated game of survival?
Freeza's finger beam disappeared.
Hakai da?
Toppo is a prospective Haikaishin for the 11th Universe?
Toppo the Hakaishin!
lol at Freeza.
Hakai.
Dat blast.
The sky changed.
The ring split in half.
17 running.

Holy shit! What an episode. Toppo, the character who coincidentally shares the initials of Chikara no Taikai (Tournament of Power) becomes an Hakaishin.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 2, 2021 9:49 AM

Jun 2019
Frieza got destroyed. Toppo goes GOD mode.
Apr 27, 2021 2:55 PM

Jan 2013
MomoSinX said:
Inb4 U7 wins because Frieza is still on stage even though he is half dead now xD. That's gonna be hilarious if it happens.

Lmao that'd be hilarious for sure, I wouldn't even be surprised if they did pull that :P

Top fight was great, surprised he's a destroyer god now or at least going to be.
Wonder who'll defeat him if at all, maybe Zeno will disqualify him for destroying someone eventually or being a destroyer god as he seems invincible for at least 17 and Frieza.
Nov 5, 2021 7:30 AM

Sep 2018
Wow Toppo is a beast!

He managed to survive two blasts from #17 and Golden Frieza and then broke his limit power level as a candidate worthy enough to reach the level of the God of Destruction!

What a great twist!

Frieza took a good beating in this episode xD

May 7, 2022 8:04 PM

Dec 2021
ok , like seriously

when did 17 become a top 4 Z-fighter ,,, meanwhile Goten and Trunks fell off the map
Dec 22, 2022 1:35 AM

Nov 2020
Toppo's incredibly tough and strong.
May 7, 2023 11:15 AM

Nov 2015
@gratifyy Hahaha this is one of the sanest comments I have seen so far on dbs forum threads, thank you. 😁 Totally agree 1/5.

💢

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.