Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 27, 2018 2:52 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That new girl is so friendly and nice. She and Sakura got along just as quickly as I would expected them too.

Interesting to see Sakura use the Aqua card already after she captured it recently. The comedy is still nice to watch. Kinda repetitive at times but works quite well for this season thanks to the character interactions. (like Touya/Sakura)

Good episode overall.
Jan 27, 2018 3:39 PM
Jun 2011
I knew it sayoran work with eriol this proves he knows something after all
Jan 27, 2018 5:30 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

The new girl is pretty sweet and I loved the part where she and Sakura shook hands. That being said, I'm still a little suspicious if she really is just a normal girl.

The daily card capture was great and we got ourselves an Action card. I still kinda prefer the old card designs, not that the new ones are bad in any way. The old ones just had a more mysterious and cool vibe to them but the new ones are more 'Clear' I guess? XD

Also, Tomoyo fawning over Sakura is so adorable. <3

So Li and Eriol have been contact and they do know something, that was kind of an ominous conversation at the end.
Looking forward to next week.
Lelouch0202Jan 27, 2018 7:02 PM
Jan 27, 2018 5:44 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Shaoran and Eriol are working together on something. Interesting.

Also damn, Sakura putting on the moves and Shaoran replying so well to her <333

The new transfer student is very nice and adorable, need more of her.
Jan 27, 2018 6:00 PM

Sep 2010
Akiho seems nice and gentle. I do wonder if she has anything to do with the mysterious incidents. That might be too obvious though.

Sakura took the initiative, proud of her!

All the guys (except Yukito) are so secretive.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Jan 27, 2018 6:07 PM
Mar 2015
The boys are really keeping Sakura in the dark
Jan 27, 2018 6:40 PM
Jan 2015
Of course no one notices what was going on with the trees ;-;

In a school having lessons, with all the trees running around making noise, with a big giant white spongy cube at the front gate.... (or the backdoor gate whatsoever)

Where are the school security guard lmao

Other than that I am quite curious on what is going on for the main plot line
Jan 27, 2018 7:02 PM

Dec 2016
Touya basically said monster, funny scenes between those 2 as usual.

I hope Tomoyo never changes, nice looking flower outfit.

I thought it was funny how the trees actually picked to lock to try and escape.

Seen plenty of action cards in YGO Arc-V not too long ago but anyway it's an interesting card to get, could be very useful in upcoming episodes.

Wow Kero calm down, you are way too excited.

Now onto the transfer student, nice that she & Sakura want to become friends, and even though nobody can sense magic from her she is around the same height as Sakura so I still think it's a possibility she is the mysterious person, she can be using an ability to conceal her magical presence.
Jan 27, 2018 7:26 PM

Nov 2007
I am still 100% positive Akiho is behind all these incidents. I think she is powerful enough to fool everyone. Or maybe she doesn't even know she has magical powers like Yuki and is genuinely a good girl and wants to befriend Sakura?

Daisuki said:
All the guys (except Yukito) are so secretive.

I know! I am now wondering why wouldn't they just tell her if there's something ominous gonna happen from the way they are acting! Eriol and Touya always kept things hidden in the past but now Syaoran too!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 27, 2018 7:51 PM

Mar 2015
Interesting episode. The tree scene was funny! Even they don't like school lol And Sakura's outfit, probably one of my favourites now.

Then we got to see Yue!!!! Omg highlight for me <3 Sorry for the fangirl squee @Remix

I don't trust Akiho at all. Nope Nope Nope! It's like history is repeating again.
Jan 27, 2018 8:07 PM

Oct 2008
Eriol hiding his plan once again, just like in S1. I wonder what's so important that he can tell Li, but keep Sakura in the dark. I doubt Li is very happy about it

A transfer student in CCS? We all know how this story ends...

Sapphire said:

Then we got to see Yue!!!! Omg highlight for me <3 Sorry for the fangirl squee @Remix

<3
Jan 27, 2018 8:17 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
LukesYGO_WSonYT said:
Wow Kero calm down, you are way too excited.
More sugar than usual, I'm sure.

I'm really wondering how nobody would have noticed all those trees uprooting and breaking through the gate. Not even somebody walking their dog?
Jan 27, 2018 8:26 PM

Jan 2013
I can't stop being amazed at how much they've preserved the feel of the original show while still pushing things in a new direction. Great episode, the art design is still going strong 4 episodes in.
Jan 27, 2018 9:51 PM
Jul 2018
So a new transfer student episode? well she looks innocent though but problem is what so far in CCS that so far all newly introduced character always becomes related to the suspicious list. Hopefully this time it will be something different.

Btw looks like Li and Eriol working together on 'something'. That means... Sharon is not inthe suspicious list for some good reason(obviously if Meiling appears as well). But! four episode gone, and still no manly actions from him! :\

Jan 27, 2018 10:54 PM

Apr 2017
They got introduced the new student. Another card has been caltured by Sakura. It's ACTION.
Jan 27, 2018 10:56 PM

Apr 2016
Akiho is so cute! so was Sakura's outfit in this episode!
I am assuming that Akiho will have some importance to the strange things going on, but I'm curious to know what that will be
Jan 27, 2018 11:17 PM

Oct 2008
So, I kinda figured out why this series hasn't been compelling to me as the original. With the original season, we actually had tangible goals, be it for Sakura to capture all the Clow Cards or to turn all of them into Sakura Cards. Not only did we have the rivalry with Li at the beginning to make things competitive and exciting, Eriol played the villain role in the second arc that tied everything together.

Here, we don't know how many of these new cards there are. We don't know what collecting them will achieve (we don't even know if it will restore the Sakura Cards) and there really isn't any compelling reason for us to be invested in the collection of the cards (which are again repeats of the original). I'm really hoping this is all building up to something because the mystery is the only thing that's driving the story.

I'd argue that while Madhouse did indeed recapture the feel of the original (save for all those shojo flowers and comedic cut-aways), they have yet to recapture the magic. Like, where's Sakura's triumphant theme? Also, I don't remember the jokes being this repetitive. It's like each episode has a checklist that they need to fill. Touya joke - check. Yamazaki joke - check. Tomoyo joke - check. I do remember them being far more subtle and with far more variation. It's like they went back and tried to reverse engineer the original series but only managed it half-way.

Interestingly enough, looking at the back of the Clear Cards, the magic circle seems to incorporate the elements into the moon/sun/star design of the Sakura Cards. Not sure what to make of it now.
ActarJan 27, 2018 11:35 PM
Jan 28, 2018 12:50 AM
Jul 2018
I hope the new girl is anotherclow wannbee. She looks and actsc innocent enough.

So anyone reading the manga. What is the source of the magic. If it's established Sakura is the strongest in the current generation, so where did ask that magic go? Please at least the manga chapter number
Jan 28, 2018 12:55 AM
Jun 2011
Actar said:
So, I kinda figured out why this series hasn't been compelling to me as the original. With the original season, we actually had tangible goals, be it for Sakura to capture all the Clow Cards or to turn all of them into Sakura Cards. Not only did we have the rivalry with Li at the beginning to make things competitive and exciting, Eriol played the villain role in the second arc that tied everything together.

Here, we don't know how many of these new cards there are. We don't know what collecting them will achieve (we don't even know if it will restore the Sakura Cards) and there really isn't any compelling reason for us to be invested in the collection of the cards (which are again repeats of the original). I'm really hoping this is all building up to something because the mystery is the only thing that's driving the story.

I'd argue that while Madhouse did indeed recapture the feel of the original (save for all those shojo flowers and comedic cut-aways), they have yet to recapture the magic. Like, where's Sakura's triumphant theme? Also, I don't remember the jokes being this repetitive. It's like each episode has a checklist that they need to fill. Touya joke - check. Yamazaki joke - check. Tomoyo joke - check. I do remember them being far more subtle and with far more variation. It's like they went back and tried to reverse engineer the original series but only managed it half-way.

Interestingly enough, looking at the back of the Clear Cards, the magic circle seems to incorporate the elements into the moon/sun/star design of the Sakura Cards. Not sure what to make of it now.
meybe eriol knows the villain or work with him
Jan 28, 2018 1:28 AM
Sep 2015
Until episode 4, the anime has already covered first 8 chapters of manga out of 19.

Next episode is a filler.
Jan 28, 2018 3:22 AM

Jun 2016
Lmao. I can no longer stand watching this show even though it's out of nostalgia. It's not worth my 25 minutes anymore. Definitely, I'm going to enjoy this if my little me was watching this, but I just can't stand the tackiness of this show. Jesus.

Dropped. 5/10.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 28, 2018 4:31 AM

Feb 2016
LukesYGO_WSonYT said:
Now onto the transfer student, nice that she & Sakura want to become friends, and even though nobody can sense magic from her she is around the same height as Sakura so I still think it's a possibility she is the mysterious person, she can be using an ability to conceal her magical presence.

Or she is another Sakura herself and they don't recognize any power because it has the same marks as Sakura's.
Jan 28, 2018 4:38 AM

Dec 2014
This episode was a bit meh imo but those last few minutes between Sakura and Shaoran made up for it.
Jan 28, 2018 7:16 AM

Feb 2009
Another brilliant epd!
Jan 28, 2018 7:28 AM

Sep 2016
I'm living for the wholesome moments between Sakura and Syaoran.

It's hard to tell if the transfer student is genuinely nice or if they have an ulterior motive. Were they drawn to Sakura due to fate (as predicted by Eriol) or because it benefits them to get close to her?
icon credit goes to mei_ling7 on livejournal :)
Jan 28, 2018 8:02 AM

Jun 2016
There was a new girl in school. Tomoyo couldn't film Sakura capture the Action card.

I just want to see more Shaoran and Sakura

Jan 28, 2018 8:07 AM
Jan 2018
我想再看一遍!!
Jan 28, 2018 8:30 AM
Jan 2017
this episode is good, the last 3 seemed to really ride of the nostalgia of the old show with a lil new mystery of that mysterious figure in Sakura's dream. This episode just adds to the mystery. Ah, I love this show.
Jan 28, 2018 9:06 AM

Oct 2017
Wonder if the transfer student is really just a "normal" girl. Wouldn't that be funny, if she had some kind of role in the show, but not necessarily being a threat? Remember how Mizuki-sensei always seemed suspicious but in the end she wasn't dangerous. Akiho gives me a similar vibe here but ofc I could be way off.

Her being another Sakura would be interesting. The Clear Cards feel similar to Clow/Sakura cards, yet it's like they're from another world or something.

Anyway, this was a good ep, and I don't really mind the comedy. It was amusing in the old one and it's fine in this one. It doesn't work as well as it used to back then, but I think that because I watched both the old and the new as a young adult, I don't really mind it. I didn't grow up with CS or even TRC, so although it has a nostalgia factor for me (10+ years ago) it's not tied to my childhood or anything, so I guess I feel differently about it.

Or maybe I just like it for the same reasons I liked the original. It's like with Sailor Moon Crystal: some folks hate it, but I personally like it just like the original.
Jan 28, 2018 9:35 AM

Nov 2011
I just want them to talk and be open about the things they know and feel UGH
...but yup, guess that's just not possible.
I don't like feeling left out.

New girl is alright, their names rhyme and this means they are now besties 5ever.

I'm here doing my best to use all my suspension of disbelief while Tomoyo is almost breaking the 4th wall, silly me.

When Yukito said that he wanted to meet with Yue it somehow reminded me of Yu-gi-oh and all that "other me this, other me that" talk.
For a minute I thought he was gonna tell Sakura that Touya knows that something is happening but nope, disappointed but not surprised...

And lastly that phone call, t was the sweetest thing ever, I felt like someone punched me in the face. If all this hiding things leave a scar in their relationship I'll be so stressed out. I can already feel my hair falling and my nails breaking, pray for my health.

#FREETHETREES
Baby, daijobanai...
Jan 28, 2018 10:03 AM

Nov 2014
i liked this episode a lot, i made me laught like 20 years ago. also loved the fight.
5/5
Jan 28, 2018 10:16 AM

Jan 2014
see!!!!???
I told ya!!
it has to do with Shaoran and Eriol, they both knew something but keep it quiet for some reason.

as for the transfer student, I don't think she's just a normal student.
I bet she also had a bigger role in upcoming event.
because there's no way they introduce an ordinary transfer student, looking back at the previous series.
maybe, just maybe, she's Sakura from another timeline, or something similar, like Clow Reed, Eriol, and Sakura's dad.
or maybe she's a child version of Yuuko Ichihara (like Eriol to Clow Reed), because she's a female version of Clow Reed after all.
Jan 28, 2018 10:22 AM

Jun 2015
Kero-chan always cracks me up XD
"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then why not live beautifully until the end?"- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama
Jan 28, 2018 10:36 AM

Jul 2012
Sakura, don't you dare get between the Ents and Saruman! THEY NEED THEIR REVENGE! >:(
So, obviously Syoran knows stuff and is keeping secrets with Eriol. Oh man, WHY can't you just tell the poor girl.
New girl is also obviously involved somehow, directly or not, I mean, she can't be just a mob character XD
Well, this is Clamp, I predict a lot of sad moments for Sakura and Syoran :(

Y U E b E S T b O Y *-*

Jan 28, 2018 4:52 PM

Oct 2010
These would be huorns :) Or the dryads from Prince Caspian.

Hmm, I think I'd like for Akiho to be something like Sailor Saturn, I loved that.

Actar said:
I don't remember the jokes being this repetitive.

To me they were, but maybe that's only because I watched half of it in one month? But humor may be the most subjective aspect of any show. Konosuba 2 is very high-rated, despite most of its humor feeling recycled and repetitive to an apparently significant number of us.
Jan 28, 2018 5:42 PM
Jan 2018
I'm dying to know what's going to happen omg! Also correct me if i'm wrong, but it might be that the anime is straying a little from the manga in the next episode preview. I thought Sakura went to see the cherry blossom's only with Syaoran, but she invited Akiho in the preview. Maybe i'm wrong though :o
Jan 28, 2018 7:04 PM

Jul 2016
So we have a new student, who is a cutie (...like all the female characters in this show to be honest - I miss Rika) and it looks like she and Sakura will become really good friends. But obviously, Akiho will be related to these recent and probably upcoming events with the new cards because this is CCS. So, we only need to know what is her connection with said events.

Overall, It was a good episode but personally, I liked the previous ones more.
I really need to get used to Kero's voice. For some reason, I found him annoying this time...

P.S. I: That phone call between Li and Sakura was absolutely adorable for God's sake.

P.S. II: If Sakura is happy, then I'm happy as well.
Jan 28, 2018 7:11 PM

Oct 2012
Sakura really needs to get a poker face so she can stop disrupting class
Jan 28, 2018 8:29 PM
Jul 2018
every time sakura transforms I get goosebumpgs and my eyes get all watery. nostalgia is VERY strong in this one
<3 sakura
Jan 28, 2018 11:34 PM
Aug 2017
Actar said:

I want to see how this connect with xxholic and Tsubasa Chronicle with Sakura giving her staff to the Sakura clone in Tsubasa.
Jan 29, 2018 12:32 AM

Feb 2009
I keep having this ominous feeling that they're going to take Sakura's power and give it to someone else... you know, that new girl. If you ask me why... it's because Sakura can't be a magical girl forever if they want to develop her relationship with Shaoran any further. That's, unfortunately, the destiny of any magical girl... I think that's the reason for them to transform Sakura cards into another type of cards... they might be trying to give an end to the story... Or I could be completely off, who knows...
Anime ga daaaai suki!!! Computer Engineering. Japan is awesome!!!
Jan 29, 2018 1:02 PM
May 2011
Why not?^ Sakura doesn't seem to have any role as a magical girl. It's like a cycle of the cards, clow, herself every time. I don't see why her relationship with Syaoran would be affected by this especially since his life was never really normal per se and he wanted the cards before. ( he did cast thunder and all)
I can understand your theory if Sakura was like 25 but she had her cards for such a short period of time it would be pointless to transfer her cars.

That being said I don't know why her cards had turned or become empty. If the Sakura cards didn't happen I would have guessed it was to make the cards her own but now I don't know. Maybe the cards need to evolve after becoming someone else's? And Akiho probably is like an Eriol that has to challenge her. Or another mage that has to battle for the cards idk.

I haven't watched this episode but the first 2 (and the manga up to Akiho's appearence) gave me both positive and meh feelings. I can't recall exactly if there were easy cards but it's like Sakura has it so easy to capture the new cards. I felt before it was more exciting and hard. In any case I am still liking this.
Jan 29, 2018 6:39 PM

Aug 2007
At this point it is obvious Shaoran is hiding something. And about the new student maybe she is related to the strange person (or whatever is) in Sakura's dream.

I wonder what doeas Eriol is hiding. Maynbe reading the manga I can know more. I am really curious about what is happening about them.
Jan 29, 2018 9:57 PM
Jul 2015
It's only eps 4 and my curiosity is getting higher. People around her know what happened. Toya knows something. Eriol and Syaoran, too. The only one who has no idea of what going on is Sakura and ME!
The introduction of a new character in this series must be related to the unusual event that happened recently. It's the same as how Mizuki sensei and Eriol appeared in the previous season.

I should bear with this curiosity until eps 26. Sigh.
Jan 30, 2018 1:02 AM

Oct 2008
Touya doesn't like broccoli?!? well, i'm the opposite of Touya...I love broccoli!
This show won't be as fun and entertaining without Tomoyo-chan! lolz!
Keroberos is also fun and wacky!
4/5.

Jan 31, 2018 2:12 AM
Jan 2016
love the interaction between touya and sakura

and i really wanna know what eriol and syaoran is hiding!! it's becoming so mysterious.

the new girl, akiho, i know for sure she's related to the strange stuff happening, but i can't help but wish her intentions for befriending sakura is pure

also, i'm living for the romance between sakuara and syaoran!! give me moreeee

Jan 31, 2018 3:50 AM

Mar 2014
All I can think about when I see Akiho is that she looks exactly like Rika.

Still hoping this gets a bit heavier on the romance but as things are going, it might take a bit.
Jan 31, 2018 7:56 AM

Oct 2017
This clear card was clearly Sakura's most formidable one to date, beating these trees wasn't easy ^^
As for the new girl I doubt they introduced her at random, we know the trick now :p

I enjoyed it, it's Sakura after all :)
Feb 1, 2018 8:13 PM

Jan 2014
Everyone seems suspicious now. Hmm, interesting.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Feb 2, 2018 5:19 AM

Sep 2015
so much foreshadowing for something big to be revealed ;_;

feelsbadman to live in the darkness, so many things we don't know
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

38 by Serhiyko »»
Apr 10, 1:31 PM

» Am I the only one who is a little disappointed with the new series so far? ( 1 2 )

blissful_Harmony - Feb 14, 2018

67 by Arichan66 »»
Jan 31, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Episode 22 Discussion

Fayrin - Aug 9, 2018

36 by glowings »»
Jan 3, 4:20 PM

» How much of the manga does this adapt?

GrayZStars - Nov 12, 2023

2 by GrayZStars »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » With who will Daidouji Tomoyo and Li Mei Ling end up or will they end up single ?

KingSunWukong - Nov 11, 2023

7 by KingSunWukong »»
Nov 12, 2023 10:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.