Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 28, 2018 6:20 AM

Oct 2013
TragicRomance said:
zunderdog24 said:

Neyman is the guy who had a big scar across his eye and always had his eyes shut.
I have no idea where he came from prior to episode 3.

This guy-

Im laughing

Anyways that was rushed as hell, probably the most rushed episode so far.

Well thanks now I know who this guy was and why I didn't care at all about his death.
Yeah it's an anime about war, let's kill some NPC we don't know to make things look serious.
Jan 28, 2018 6:35 AM
Jan 2018
The whole episode is rushed and I don't understand WTF happend at the end of the episode
Jan 28, 2018 7:21 AM

Oct 2013
Besides the fact that it was rushed for some reason when it has 2-cours to work with, the actual battles & negotiations are pretty well-done.

And what's with the ending confusing people? It was just Theo not willing to give up Siluca over to the Earl of Artuk(which was the price of him becoming the King of Savis and therefore a direct ally to the earl)and since for refusing his generous offer would be disrespectful, he requests that he instead just keeps his knight rank and serves at the earl's court as compromise ~ His knight rank being enough to keep Siluca as his contracted mage.
ManlyTearJan 28, 2018 7:25 AM
Jan 28, 2018 9:33 AM
Jul 2017
This anime has the pacing of a music video.

The only good thing is that hoop that the mage-girl wears on her back during combat. It makes me think she must have some kind of spinal deformity that is only kept in place by that prosthetic.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Jan 28, 2018 11:15 AM

May 2017
I'm staying for the theo x siluca, but the show itself isn't that bad, I'm still enjoying it. However, they could've done a lot better with adapting the source material, incorporating the cgi, etc.
Jan 28, 2018 1:20 PM

Mar 2012
I feel ridiculed watching this episode. Things are moving at the fucking speed of light with zero pause for setup or exposition. The overall plot line makes sense and actually seems fairly thought out (eschewing the normal route of expansion after expansion and just fighting bigger battles), but the absolute lack of attempt at execution makes everything fall flat. For instance, one of Theo's vassals Neman (sp) died. But he's shown up for like one episode and there's zero time devoted to him, even though I guess he was a core member of Theo's team at the time he died. I was just like, "okay who cares." But that's not what's supposed to happen when a named character dies. Heck, I would've felt worse if it was the village head who died.

Good on them to have put some thought and budget into the one on one battle, but that's probably the only example of a good fight out of 4 episodes in a warring era anime. It's such an absolute shame that adaptations get shafted like this.
Jan 28, 2018 1:35 PM

Apr 2016
zunderdog24 said:
Tobinator said:

No freaking idea, but YEAH i thought the same, WHO is Neyman?!

EDIT: Can't find him in "Characters" section of this show on MAL, lol

Neyman is the guy who had a big scar across his eye and always had his eyes shut.

This guy-

Neymar said that he was saved from last battle by Theo, so I search it

WHAT BATTLE??

I didn't read the manga. Does they skipped it? Since the plot was rushed af
Jan 28, 2018 6:30 PM

Jan 2013
Can't believe they somehow managed to defend their castle.
Hmmm, i'm not sure if he did the right decision but as long as he stays with Siluca, it will always be a good decision xD But honestly, i thought that he would simply conquer all the territories around him, i wasn't expecting for him to give up on almost everything.
So now he will be like his personal Knight but he lost all his territories?
But as i've said, as long as he keeps Siluca, that's what matters xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 28, 2018 9:35 PM

Jan 2014
I don't read manga, but I picked up the manga version for this. And wow, this is hella rushed. I can't unsee it. Damn, manga is a curse.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 28, 2018 11:53 PM

May 2010
Titadou said:
TragicRomance said:

Im laughing

Well thanks now I know who this guy was and why I didn't care at all about his death.
Yeah it's an anime about war, let's kill some NPC we don't know to make things look serious.

Never forget... again
indeed
Jan 29, 2018 5:43 AM

Jun 2013
...Refused?.....And Facing fairly superior Army.... and top of that....they were willing to go to even that Count....that looks like....huh....So there is also another prove that you should take everything you hear with grain of salt.....Count may been called Lustful....but If he is really how that Senpai of Siluca is saying...well wouldn't call him that bad.....yet....we have to wait and see how he is later on....

AISHELA Was...REKT!? Oh *POOP* this army is obviously way superior than anything else they have faced before...

Neyman died?.....Pity....and pretty bad...that is 1 Allie less to Theo and Siluca....Lassic Killed the Sevis king at least...what about his Crest tough?

HAHA!!! So Count was waiting this.....well he is quite smart 1.....and he is Cousin to this Queen?

Now I though wonder...what he will demand as reward for saving their asses...

*EDIT Just read Manga chapter of Siluca's meeting with Marine.....Yeah...Rushed as hell.....and quite literally explains or at least give Siluca's father more depth...tough....what the hell...Siluca was discriminated...and he was an Architect
JarjaxleJan 29, 2018 6:03 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jan 29, 2018 5:44 AM

Jun 2013
TragicRomance said:
Titadou said:

Never forget... again
indeed

ROFL!!!!!! Yeah....we will forget him after this episode tough....if he is not mentioned again! XD
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jan 29, 2018 5:45 AM

Oct 2008
The fight was okay, but so many needless deaths...and what's more Theo just wants to be a lonely knight? what about all those loss of lives for both sides!? sheesh! LAME!
1/5.

Jan 29, 2018 7:01 AM
Tuturuuuuuu

Sep 2016
I liked the show a lot until now..... I just worried abaout the fact that Siluca become that guy's mage.... a really don't want that kind of show when the female MC needs to be abused for someone or something like that....
Jan 29, 2018 11:49 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
This was a blazing fast episode. So much happened that it's kind of difficult to process. Not exactly sure why it's rushing when it has 24 episodes.

So in the end, Theo wins but relinquishes his rank and lands. Glad to see he was dead set on keeping Siluca. She's the best character thus far, on top of her good looks. Seems like she's pretty wet for Theo at the end there. Also looks like cute priestess girl is coming along for the ride. The harem is beginning to grow.

Really glad hot warrior chick didn't die.
Jan 30, 2018 1:46 AM
Jan 2018
After watching this for 4 episodes, I don't like it.
- too rushed (I expect them to end the 1st volume in 6-7 ep. they surprised me with this pacing)
- they have only 4 ep, so less explanation.
- neyman became a man that no one care. he has little role in LN already, please give him some love.

And if they're going with the same pacing, this'll be a nightmare.
at least, the action in anime was good.
Jan 30, 2018 2:59 PM

Apr 2017
zunderdog24 said:
Tobinator said:

This guy-

LMFAO, unluckiest character ever.
Feb 1, 2018 12:36 AM

Mar 2015
Gonna have to drop it here. This episode just felt like a summary episode and Theo has such a low presence with no impact (even the supporting characters outshine him), he's not MC material.
Feb 1, 2018 1:11 PM

Aug 2017
Another episode with very bad and rushed pacing. Again Theo somehow is praised as a God when he do NOTHING in the battle. Siluca boring as ever. And the priest girl is just there for no reason (logic reason). 2/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 1, 2018 9:34 PM
Jul 2018
Every episode I am noticing lots of action battles. However, lots of.. plotholes here and there and really more unimpressive storyline represented this episode imo (rush = bad). But good thing it didn't bore me and not to mention the romance is going to start... I hope that part this show get be better at least! (especially the the chemistry between those two character is only worthwhile to watch about this show imHo)
Feb 3, 2018 9:59 AM

Nov 2013
LOL while i like Siluca, Aishela is my only reason to watch this, if she dies or doesn't appear for long, i'm sure i won't be finishing this

@hirugiku
specially since the only good girl won't appear that much, i don't even know if i have the will to watch ep6, so getting to 10 is kinda improbable hahaha
winddevil1Feb 3, 2018 8:26 PM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 3, 2018 3:23 PM

Jan 2015
winddevil1 said:
LOL while i like Siluca, Aishela is my only reason to watch this, if she dies or doesn't appear for long, i'm sure i won't be finishing this

yeah im sure you are dropping it by ep 10
Feb 5, 2018 5:52 AM

Jan 2011
RIP Neyman, we hardly knew thee.
Feb 9, 2018 1:06 PM

Mar 2009
zunderdog24 said:
Tobinator said:

This guy-

Who the fuck was this guy? Rest in peace I guess.
Feb 22, 2018 1:46 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Well, it was a new start....it could be worst!!!!
Theo and Siluca continue together!!!!
Mar 13, 2018 9:33 AM

Jun 2013
Titadou said:
TragicRomance said:

Im laughing

Pity that they offed him actually....Manga is currently at this war.....and it shows us much more of Neeman's personality...and he was not actually offed in this battle..heavily wounded but survived....

Mar 16, 2018 3:22 PM

Jan 2013
This is getting so lame..
May 9, 2018 11:10 AM

Jun 2013
zunderdog24 said:
Tobinator said:

This guy-

Read freaking Manga chapter 25 of Grancrest Senki.....You freaking Realize Neyman DID NOT DESERVE TO BE OFFED OFF SCREEEN!!!! FREAKING DISGRACE to HOW HE DIES IN MANGA!!!

May 16, 2018 10:39 PM

Dec 2012
Oh shit... Siluca fallen for Theo <3

Oct 29, 2018 10:02 PM

Dec 2012
Denied.
My waifu Margaret is back!
Oh no! They killed Neyman! You bastards!
Gluck is dead.
Margaret is back.
Margaret oppai.
Theo lost it all.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 22, 2019 1:52 AM

Sep 2012
zunderdog24 said:
Lelouch0202 said:

on the condition that Siluca would become his mage. He proposed to allow Theo stay an independent Lord and they work together in a union rather than have Theo serve him like some of the other Lords under his control, the only flipside to this was that Siluca would serve him as his court mage. Theo refuses saying he doesn't want to give up Siluca and that he would instead pledge knighthood to the other Lord as long as he's given enough power as a knight to remain in contract with Siluca.

Ah, so basically siluca was going away no matter what and theo just wants to stay with her. That explains why she was blushing at the end.

and the sentence of hers that was cut off by her before she finish it, could it be (cut part) i have feeling for him
Aug 10, 2019 1:17 AM
Jan 2009
Those crossbows were ludicrously unrealistic. Even full sized ballistae, pulled by a team of horses instead of carried by hand, aren't close to that powerful.
Apr 29, 2020 11:20 AM

Feb 2018
Theo being a lord??
Nov 6, 2020 5:16 PM

Mar 2016
Well, I'm loving it. This already seems like such a great anime even only 4 episodes in. Love the fast pace and how quick things move. I like Theo as a character and appreciate that he's not bland and silly.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Mar 3, 2021 9:36 PM
Oct 2019
it's so jumpy. jumps from negotiating with one lord to fighting another without anything in between. jumps from one front of the battlefield to another without anything in between. it really could be portrayed so much better. and honestly, all the negotiate with lord x and fight against lord y gets a little confusing with how fast paced and lacking detail/development it is

theo was assisted by that one lord/count (whatever his name is) so he gives up his title?! what on earth...

this mage girl doesn't seem nearly as strategically apt now as she once did. speaking of her, what is that cat thing she summoned? what is her female fight friend she summoned? what are those marking some of the people have when they fight? why's that one giant dude turn into metal when he fights? how did the woman she summoned almost die from a single wound to her right chest that would've missed her vital organs?

the GENERAL story is good. but the specifics are kind of crap

6/10 at this point. it's just not that great because of all the pacing issues
May 28, 2021 2:45 PM

Nov 2016
This is my third try watching this show. I was hoping the pacing wouldn't be this fast but boy have I been proven wrong. So far all of the battles have been rushed.
Mar 29, 2022 8:37 AM
May 2018
Lelouch0202 said:
Pretty good episode.

Action parts are definitely the best in this series.
Siluca hugging Theo and her blushes this episode were so adorable. <3

zunderdog24 said:
Someone mind explaining the end of the episode to me?
Specifically why Theo turned down the initial deal.

From what I understood, the other Lord saved Theo's army during the battle on the condition that Siluca would become his mage. He proposed to allow Theo stay an independent Lord and they work together in a union rather than have Theo serve him like some of the other Lords under his control, the only flipside to this was that Siluca would serve him as his court mage. Theo refuses saying he doesn't want to give up Siluca and that he would instead pledge knighthood to the other Lord as long as he's given enough power as a knight to remain in contract with Siluca.

I just want to add that Siluca was originally under a contrast where she would be a mage of the other lord (long hair guy with a red-hair female mage), but she forcefully pushed the MC to accept her as his mage because she was under the impression that the other lord was very lecherous. That basically broke the original contrast which was a terrible thing to do. That was why they had little hope that the other lord would save them (but he did for strategic reasons). (In the manga, that fight was a lot more brutal and they were really desperate). The other lord rightfully asked Siluca to go back to his side. The only way the MC could keep Siluca as his mage was to serve the other lord himself.
Apr 22, 2022 9:43 PM

Jul 2017
I've been rewatching an episode of this series a day or two and it genuinely feels like I'm watching a compilation per episode, particularly with this one. Way too many things happened in this episode and was generally just a mess as a whole. Nothing whatsoever feels impactful and sensical given how rushed and thrown together everything is haphazardly from the politics and Theo's character and status, to the romance angle with Siluca and the battles themselves with random characters dying who seem to be key for Theo's side but haven't gotten much screentime to establish anything like Neyman, who I was so confused by when seeing this episode. Hell, Theo didn't do much in this episode even to get the praise he got and his personality does not help make things more compelling per say. Makes me crave more for Kingdom and how Ei Sei is as a character in comparison to Theo here.
Oct 1, 2023 8:53 AM
Aug 2023
I dig this anime. It is good. Episode is pretty good.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2018

489 by DesolatePsyche »»
Mar 26, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

146 by Leniam »»
Feb 27, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2018

61 by nick_el_son »»
Feb 24, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 22 Discussion

Icedout15 - Oct 25, 2018

5 by phantom346 »»
Feb 3, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 24 Discussion

ToG25thBaam - Aug 8, 2018

37 by Princesanatankum »»
Jan 29, 5:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.