Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2018 11:04 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Lol so nothing really happened from Aoyama's creepy night visit, except the cheese part.

Awkward chapter but he's still the same goofy guy as always. It seems he thought Deku and him were the same before.
Jan 25, 2018 11:14 PM

Dec 2013
This Aoyama stuff was wrapped up quicker and more easily than I expected.
G_Spark233Jan 25, 2018 11:21 PM
Jan 25, 2018 11:53 PM

Jan 2009
Deku planning to reach 100% One For All good luck to him

and so Aoyama is just sympathizing with Deku about their quirks not being compatible with their body eh, somehow i do not think thats the end of that
Jan 26, 2018 12:00 AM

Jun 2014
Well it looks like Aoyama, as far as we know for now, didn't have ill intentions. He was just trying to show Deku that they're pretty similar. This was handled faster than I expected, but there still might be something off about Aoyama that could come up later on.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 26, 2018 12:38 AM
Dec 2016
Thank God the fan fictioners didn't get their way.
Jan 26, 2018 12:54 AM

Oct 2017
Well, looks like Aoyama isn’t a traitor after all.
Jan 26, 2018 12:59 AM

Aug 2011
Wow, another cop out from Hori, who ever saw this coming?

I had a feeling it would be the same crap. I'm tired of Hori using misleading cliffhangers to try and get the audience interested. Its an insult to his readers intelligence. He always does this. The one that eventually got me sick and tired of him doing that was the Iida cliffhanger with Stain.

He seems to not care much for his manga anymore. All he seems to care for is to remain popular by constantly pandering to his fanbase, by giving screen time to fan favorites, or using misleading cliffhangers to keep his audience paying attention. It may be good for him financially, but as a reader why should I care for the story when the author clearly doesn't? His tactics might work on the 12 year old but fall terribly flat on those of us that actually care for the story.

Sad to see such potential slowly draining down the rain. I just hope it doesn't get to Bleach levels of bad.
Jan 26, 2018 2:49 AM

Mar 2015
G_Spark233 said:
This Aoyama stuff was wrapped up quicker and more easily than I expected.

i don't think so, i don't buy it that it is this simple...

maybe something bigger? like aoyama will have bad things if keep using his quircks? or parents rejection, hence why he find support? or deku happy reaction is out of his prediction? something definitely deeper than it looks...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 26, 2018 2:50 AM

Jan 2016
I don't know how to feel about this, I'm relieved but disappointed at the same time
Jan 26, 2018 5:02 AM

Sep 2014
Was not a fan of this chapter. At least they didn't make him gay, but I would even have preferred that over the fact that basically nothing happened this chapter.
Jan 26, 2018 5:33 AM

Oct 2017
tbh I thought it was a new arc involving that laser boy...turns out to be just side chap. The only thing we get is Deku aims for 100% power....this chap is somehow too normal idk how to explain but its is really plain...still looking forward for next arc :P
Jan 26, 2018 7:34 AM
Feb 2017
So Midoriya finds out Aoyama has a quirk issue and wants to make Ofa his own at 100%. All these theories about him being the traitor are false?
Jan 26, 2018 8:28 AM

Jan 2014
We were worried for nothing.
Just an eccentric side of Aoyama.
Jan 26, 2018 9:01 AM
Jul 2018
Aww, Aoyama only wanted to help Midoriya.

ALL OF YOU APOLOGIZE RIGHT NOW D:<

On a more serious note, I thought that he knew that Midoriya got OFA from All Might >_>; I'm relieved, kind of...
removed-userJan 26, 2018 9:19 AM
Jan 26, 2018 9:08 AM

Apr 2008
"It came out ☆"

WHAT came out?

When reading it the first time, I thought he was talking about his naval laser, but on the second time, I noticed the POV was from his rear ...with wave lines emanating from it.

Hopefully, I'm just over thinking things. ^_^
Jan 26, 2018 9:16 AM
Apr 2013
I hope we start a new arc soon with Shigaraki and Co.
Jan 26, 2018 11:26 AM

Sep 2013
Aoyama with fancy french talk but he still has some issue, probably his regret of cowering in fear in front of the villain attack.
Jan 26, 2018 2:46 PM

Oct 2011
So the author decided to troll everyone and make the conclusion of the suspense scene into a comic relief scene

Jan 26, 2018 4:19 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
That face Aoyama made in the second last page felt pretty sketchy. Hopefully more gets elaborated on this later.

3/5
Jan 26, 2018 9:00 PM

Feb 2017
I'm actually happy at how that ended to turn out. I'm glad that we might get more Aoyama spotlight now.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Jan 27, 2018 4:20 PM

May 2015
RIP Aoyama's sphincter
Jan 27, 2018 5:16 PM

Aug 2012
I think people are shoving this too quick aside as "it is solved so soon, huh, that's lame"
There are still suspicions here and there, that Deku isn't seeing it is just weird (too kind or dense in that matter?)
I mean, the words "still waters run deep" can mean many things in this scenario (personality? ulterior motive? powers? connections?), and is pretty much ignored (Also because it's written in French I suppose xD).

I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't think Aoyama is ("still") the traitor, but he is still suspicious on other matters. I wouldn't dismiss this "side chapter/filler/.." as it was nothing.
Jan 27, 2018 6:50 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
People are calling it a "cop out" so damn easily even though this chapter had a bunch of subtle messages clashing with the overall tone. Which the humorous tone and expressions were all fun I'll say. Lots of good character interaction I can never have enough of.

I don't want to call out anything. I think all these theories are interesting and all building up to a better reveal. Aoyama and Deku blossoming friendship is really inserting.

BUT KACCHAN GIVING DEKU ENCOURAGEMENT GOT ME ROCK HARD I'VE BEEN WANTING THIS FOREVER NOW. << Hori being good at the subtle growth. Gotta love it.

UsagiGirl said:
I think people are shoving this too quick aside as "it is solved so soon, huh, that's lame"

People literally have no chill with weekly releases.
Jan 28, 2018 6:06 AM

Apr 2016
Bakugou wondering if Deku got better was nice !
Kirishima is a masochist lmao xD

I love Aoyama tho he ain't no traitor
Jan 28, 2018 1:01 PM

Jan 2013
Yeah.... I dont think the thing with Aoyama is sovled at all. He must be hiding something else judging from this panel.

Jan 28, 2018 9:03 PM

Dec 2014
After all the speculation going on last chapter about how Aoyama could be the spy, this chapter did feel a little anti climatic, that being said I've still got a little suspicion in me.

I do really like how Aoyama was trying to cheer up Deku by showing that both of them were pretty similar but if that's all that Horikoshi wanted to accomplish then he really didn't need to make it seem so suspicious last chapter. He should've kept it simple and heartwarming, had the previous chapter been different from what it was, I bet this chapter would've felt a lot more heartwarming. Well, all said and done, I'm glad that Aoyama isn't really the traitor at least I hope he's not since his eccentric behavior always amuses me.

Mina's idea for teaming up actually sounded really cool.
Feb 1, 2018 12:54 AM

Nov 2016
That's it?

Nah,that can't be.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 19, 2018 3:35 PM
Aug 2012
*reads all comments*

Hmm...I'm surprised by how many thought this chapter was a side thing or anticlimatic.
"Still waters run deep"?
His facial expression when Izuku smiled about the "surprise"?

Come on, there is something more here. To me it felt like Aoyama was in on something and tried to warn Deku without being too obvious because reasons. I thought his face looked guilty toward the end there. But of course I'd hate it if he or any of the students was the traitor so I hope this is sth else.

But if one is gonna be the traitor, I think it could be the invisible girl. She could listen in on any conversation as long as she was very careful and the place wasn't too secure for her to slip in.

Edit: Also, what's this about Kaminari possibly being the traitor? I didn't get any vibes like that from him as far as I remember.
May 20, 2018 8:12 AM

Feb 2013
Aoyama's message was creepy but he had a good reason to do it.
It came out!
Jul 9, 2019 1:58 AM

May 2016
Aoyama was a bit creepy but he actually had the purest intentions ever~ It was so adorable of him to go through such lengths to reveal that he just wanted to let his classmate know that he knows how he feels and he's there for him.

Deku's lucky to get that much cheese out of nowhere. It'd be great for cooking.

Dec 1, 2021 11:51 PM

Oct 2019
These comments did not age well LMFAO
Pain
Dec 3, 2021 5:57 AM

Jul 2020
axquilt said:

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 4, 2021 9:03 PM

Oct 2019
Scordolo said:
axquilt said:

Wait I don't get the joke 👁️👄👁️
Pain
Dec 4, 2021 11:09 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Stripes said:
People are calling it a "cop out" so damn easily even though this chapter had a bunch of subtle messages clashing with the overall tone. Which the humorous tone and expressions were all fun I'll say. Lots of good character interaction I can never have enough of.

I don't want to call out anything. I think all these theories are interesting and all building up to a better reveal. Aoyama and Deku blossoming friendship is really inserting.

UsagiGirl said:

People literally have no chill with weekly releases.

AND I WAS VERY CORRECT.
Mar 12, 2022 8:32 AM

Feb 2021
Well, Aoyama ain't the traitor after all. Dude's a pretty wholesome guy after all

Looking forward to the cultural festival
DeonXMar 12, 2022 8:45 AM

Mar 12, 2022 8:40 AM

Jul 2020
DeonX said:
Scordolo said:

Misunderstanding on my part. I thought everyone were guessing Aoyama is the traitor in this chapter and you said these comments didn't age well so I thought you were talking about [spoiler]Invisible girl{/spoiler] being the traitor.

Bro you really spoiled that for me? You seriously couldn't put up a proper spoiler tag?

Sorry. After you reached that part, don't forget to tell me your opinion about the reveal. You're in for a ride. 👀

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 12, 2022 8:46 AM

Feb 2021
Scordolo said:
DeonX said:

Bro you really spoiled that for me? You seriously couldn't put up a proper spoiler tag?

Sorry. After you reached that part, don't forget to tell me your opinion about the reveal. You're in for a ride. 👀
You should delete this post since it is still displaying the spoiler text in quotations

Aug 17, 2022 6:48 PM
Community Mod
💧Focalors💧

Mar 2022
So he's just a weirdo, still cool nonetheless.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - 12 hours ago

2 by TengenFr »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Oct 10, 2023

53 by tmsmnrq »»
Apr 19, 6:57 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 372 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Nov 2, 2022

23 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 19, 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.