Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2018 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, this Kaede girl is funny to watch. I can't take her seriously when she has that gas mask on

Poor Mii-kun though, he's not feeling too well and neither is Sora. I gotta admit though, Mii-kun looked cute in that Santa hat/scarf outfit. We got more of Sora's past too.

Jan 25, 2018 1:16 PM

Sep 2015
The third episode did a great job at introducing the new character Kaede. The development between Sora and Mii-kun was emotional, providing a way to establish their strong bond as owner & pet. Kamiya and Kaede get their own way of establishing their love for Sora too, and it just makes me love the How to Keep a Mummy cast more.

I cannot wait for the next episode that introduces a new chibi buddy!

This episode officially sold me to continue watching.
Jan 25, 2018 1:29 PM

Jun 2015
Kaede is an awesome character. I would love to see more of her. I loved it when her personality changed when she put on glasses. Mii-kun looks cute with a scarf and hat. It's great seeing him taking care of Sora. That ending. Looking forward to see the new creature.
Jan 25, 2018 1:44 PM

Jun 2017
Came for the cuteness got hit by the feels xD. Still that was a pretty good episode with the character introductionn and all.
Jan 25, 2018 2:07 PM

Nov 2011
Really good episode. Why id Mii healthy after being in the dirt? lol

Kaede = KaeBAE!!!!

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 25, 2018 2:25 PM

Jul 2015
That freaking gas mask xDDD, Kaede was a lot of fun, I like her (keep the glasses away tho, wtf!)

Mii-kun taking care of Sora was freaking adorable, then the roles roversed... a bit, he just buried himself and came back! I also like that we seem to have found an answer to why Mii-kun was always like that when left alone, he was missing Sora q_q

That short flasback to the time where Sora found a nearly dead bird hurt me, I'm not surprised that he reacted that worried to Mii-kun suddenly acting strange.
Jan 25, 2018 3:22 PM
Discord Moderator
May 2016
I'm definitely sensing some tragic backstories on the horizon. You guys notice the way the blue haired guy (sorry, I am honestly so bad with names) reacted to Sora finding the dying bird? He's seen something and it was definitely not a good thing.

Other than that, I am so amazingly addicted to this mummy. Honestly, the pitter patter of his feet is the most adorable thing. I don't mind that there's not much animation in this anime because Mii is just...the greatest gift this anime could ever have given us.
Jan 25, 2018 4:28 PM
Jul 2017
His dad is bald. All thoughts about anything else disappeared as soon as I saw that.

Except that I want a Mii-kun plushie.
Jan 25, 2018 4:36 PM
Oct 2017
Kookerz32 said:
I'm definitely sensing some tragic backstories on the horizon. You guys notice the way the blue haired guy (sorry, I am honestly so bad with names) reacted to Sora finding the dying bird? He's seen something and it was definitely not a good thing.

Other than that, I am so amazingly addicted to this mummy. Honestly, the pitter patter of his feet is the most adorable thing. I don't mind that there's not much animation in this anime because Mii is just...the greatest gift this anime could ever have given us.

There's bandage on his arm. Looks like he was either abused or something bad happened that made him consider suicide.
Jan 25, 2018 5:16 PM

Sep 2017
This episode was a "welcome" for all spectators to the (probaly) best girl of the season ... Kaeda-sama
Jan 26, 2018 12:25 AM

Jan 2014
somehow I still feel like this show lack something.
maybe because of the mc being so soft as a man or something else.
I hope I'm not the only one.
Jan 26, 2018 12:33 AM

Mar 2008
Man I love this series & Mii-kun so much. This episode made me love Tazuki even more. He's such a good friend worrying about Sora like that. Plus his voice is super attractive.
Jan 26, 2018 2:24 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
NotePaper said:
His dad is bald. All thoughts about anything else disappeared as soon as I saw that.

LOL! Same though, I got distracted by his father's baldness for about 2 minutes haha XD Bald head looks hilarious in this art style...

Niello said:
Kookerz32 said:

There's bandage on his arm. Looks like he was either abused or something bad happened that made him consider suicide.

I thought the same as well, with Tazuki possibly having been abused when I noticed the bandage on his arm in the flashback. And even more so after him telling Sora that Sora is like family to him.
Jan 26, 2018 12:49 PM

Dec 2014
honestly at this point I want a mii kun for myself..overloaded with cuteness
Jan 27, 2018 4:09 AM

Jun 2016
Tazuki's last name is Kamiya? What. Whaaaaat. Don't mind me, minna-san, just seeing and hearing Hiroshi KAMIYA's name makes me lose my shit. Hahaha. And yeah I didn't check his profile here on MAL until now. Fuck me.

Sora got sick, and Kaede-san takes care of him and whenever she's wearing her glasses, she turns into a yandere-like. Hahaha jk. She's so precious. Why is everyone in this show so precious!?!

Poor Mii-kun gets so lonely without Sora around him. My fucking heaaaaart! That's too much tears, maaan. Poor Mii-kun. And he got sick afterwards after taking care of Sora being the towel on his forehead. Goddamnit. Goddamnit.

Bruuuh, I think I ship Kaede x Tazuki now. Hahaha. They look cute together.

AND OHMYGOD WE'RE GETTING THE SECOND MUMMY NEXT EPISODE. OHMYGOD AND HE CAN CHANGE HIS APPEARANCE AND HIS OWNER WILL BE TAZUKI!?!?! OPHMYGAFBKGASBGADHBGDKJB. I CAN'T WAIT I'M SCREAMING. THAT FREAKING BELLY BUTTON. HAHAHA. 2 MORE MUMMIIIIIIIIES!

5/5. <3

P.S. CUTE BASTAAAAARD! ;-;

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 27, 2018 9:12 AM

Sep 2010
Just when I thought Mii-kun couldn't be any more cute he appears with the damn hat and scarf and proves me wrong. Can I have a mii-kun for myself?

Not best anime this season for sure, but so adorable I can't. I'm also happy we got more of Kaede, have the feeling we're gonna laugh with her through the season.
Jan 27, 2018 1:11 PM

Oct 2014
This anime is curing my soul ;-;
Sora was really sick but Mii used himself as a cloth to make him feel better. Kaede was expectedly weird, I’m glad they’re still adding more characters.
That next episode tho…
Jan 28, 2018 5:44 PM

Jan 2014
That scene when she puts on her glasses. I like.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 29, 2018 2:47 AM

Oct 2008
episode is so cute!
mii-kun was so adorable when he goes to Sora's forehead and act like as cold pressure!
Mii also knows burrow technique!
I'm excited for the next new adorable thing that would eventually join the fray!
4/5.

Feb 2, 2018 4:59 AM
Sep 2017
Kaeda san another best waifu this season.

Feb 2, 2018 6:10 AM

Jun 2015
Couldnt finish it ,very boring, dropped.
Feb 3, 2018 6:48 PM

Apr 2013

Also, finally we get to see this girl xD She's adorable.
LunaMar 11, 2018 12:49 AM

Feb 4, 2018 2:04 PM
Jun 2015
The Kaede-sama scene was perfect! Loved that part to bits.

A lot of character buildup in this episode, makes you wanna connect with the cast on a deeper level. I'm quite curious about Tazuki and his past now, but most importantly...

NotePaper said:

Except that I want a Mii-kun plushie.

I want a life-size Mii-Kun plushie too!!
Feb 8, 2018 1:03 PM

Mar 2009
What's up with Kaede and the glasses? lol
Feb 18, 2018 3:50 AM

Jun 2013
Mii-kun shrivels up whenever Sora is not around, he gets depressed.

Kaede is awesome plus she's so caring. She said that she's seen creatures like Mii-kun before, I wonder how?

Mii-kun was so caring towards Sora. He used his own little plump, mummy body as a towel to bring down Sora's fever.

Mii-kun, as usual, stole the show with his winter outfit. The way Mii-kun eats noodles is too adorable.
臭い-
Mar 23, 2018 1:38 AM
Mar 2014
Still adorable. I'm going to keep watching this one.

I've never been a fan of the glasses switching personality thing in anime, it's supposed to be funny I guess but it always just seems ridiculous to me.
Aug 9, 2018 9:05 PM

May 2012
For a third episode being a "sick" episode, was quite interesting. You normally see these later in similar anime and for me it's a bit uncommon to see these so early in a slice of life anime.

But well it wasn't bad to be honest. That ending was interesting though, let's see what's next
Sep 16, 2018 9:51 PM

Dec 2012
Megane.
Sora fainted.
Now Mii is sick.
Dat flashback. That's his dad?
Megane Kaede.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 15, 2019 10:54 PM

Jul 2016
Kaede's character was introduced and I'm really liking her so far. Not to mention that I also find her other personality rather... intriguing.

Overall, it was another nice episode.
Jun 21, 2020 4:02 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Mii-kun is soooo precious, the fact that he dies up from crying so man broke my heart.
Mar 24, 2021 2:03 PM

Feb 2020
Aww poor Mii-kun gets depressed if Sora is not around. He's so precious little thing. <3

Kaede is an awesome addition to the show. Lol those glasses.. xD

Another great and hilarious episode.
Dec 24, 2022 3:24 PM
Oct 2022
very nice and wholesome
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Jun 2015
Now I know why she didn't have her glasses on while she was working from home. I only wear glasses while I'm working or doing something in front of a screen for a long time, otherwise I'm like "let me take off my glasses in order to see well."
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Miira no Kaikata Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2018

27 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Feb 7, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Miira no Kaikata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2018

84 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Feb 5, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Miira no Kaikata Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2018

27 by andreea_cazacu »»
Dec 25, 2022 8:00 AM

Poll: » Miira no Kaikata Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2018

30 by andreea_cazacu »»
Dec 25, 2022 7:37 AM

Poll: » Miira no Kaikata Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2018

35 by andreea_cazacu »»
Dec 24, 2022 3:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.