Forum Settings
Forums

Main Staff Announced for '3D Kanojo: Real Girl' TV Anime

New
Jan 21, 2018 9:20 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The production committee of the previously announced anime adaptation of Mao Nanami's Real Girl manga has revealed the main staff members on Monday. An official website has also opened, revealing the first key visual (pictured). Titled 3D Kanojo: Real Girl, the anime will premiere on NTV's AnichU programming block in April 2018.

Staff
Director: Takashi Naoya (Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru)
Series Composition: Deko Akao (Flying Witch)
Character Design: Satomi Kurita (Hina Logi: From Luck & Logic)
Studio: Hoods Entertainment

Serialized in Kodansha's Dessert magazine between July 2011 and May 2016, the manga has over 1.2 million copies of its 12 compiled volumes in circulation. Kodansha Comics USA published the 11th volume digitally on January 16. A live-action film adaptation will open in Japanese theaters this Fall.

Official site: http://www.3dkanojo-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @3Dkanojo_anime

Source: Anime Recorder
tsubasaloverJan 21, 2018 10:23 PM

Jan 21, 2018 9:41 PM

Apr 2016
I feel one serious edge from this one.
Jan 21, 2018 9:49 PM
Mar 2010
Still extremely salty that this got an anime instead of Taiyou no Ie even though they're both from Dessert magazine and Taiyou no Ie was more popular. This world is unfair. AFFFFJRJLRJLSHLS

The design doesn't look that good compared to the manga. Hope it has some budget.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 21, 2018 10:03 PM
May 2016
Is it just me or every shoujo manga has to push every thing bad to it's limit, like drama, negative emotions, weird habits and criginess...
Jan 21, 2018 10:38 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Didn't expect Hoods making this one.

Kinda curious about them doing a Shoujo ... but there's way too much going on this spring so i might just skip it. :/ (If it was summer tho it would've been another story)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 21, 2018 10:45 PM
Mar 2010
namv22 said:
Is it just me or every shoujo manga has to push every thing bad to it's limit, like drama, negative emotions, weird habits and criginess...

Yeah, it's just you. Like good and bad shounen, you have good and bad shoujo.

Unfortunately, in this day and age, it's the usual run-of-the-mill Cinderella shoujos which are popular in Japan. That's not to say there are no good shoujo though. I recommend shoujo manga from Hana to Yume, LaLa, The Hana, LalaDX, Melody and Betsuhana.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 21, 2018 11:11 PM

Nov 2007
Of all the dessert titles we get this one. The only ever excellent dessert manga that we got an adaptation of was Tonakai yet it was adapted a small part of it. The only positive is that they are adapting a manga that had ended the serialization which gives me hope for all the forgotten ones even though I somewhat I know they will never happen.

namv22 said:

No. There are some really good shoujo manga out there. You just don't know about them. Just try reading the completed ones like Dengeki Daisy, Cat Street, Kamisama Hajimemashita, Furuba, Lovely Complex, Kodomo no Omocha, Last Game, Taiyou no Ie, Love So Life, Hana to Akuma, Gakuen Alice etc. or ongoing ones like Natsume Yuujinchou, Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, Akatsuki no Yona, Queen's Quality, Machida-kun no Sekai etc.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 22, 2018 12:11 AM

Jul 2015
I hope this turn to be something decent
Jan 22, 2018 1:18 AM

Apr 2016
phoenixalia said:
Still extremely salty that this got an anime instead of Taiyou no Ie even though they're both from Dessert magazine and Taiyou no Ie was more popular. This world is unfair. AFFFFJRJLRJLSHLS

The design doesn't look that good compared to the manga. Hope it has some budget.

Ah this ... I agree. Taiyou no Ie should also get an anime adaptation. It's fluffy, cute and heart-warming.

But I'm also pretty satisfied as this gets an anime adaptation. This is good, not your everyday shoujo manga.

namv22 said:

Actually there's a lot of good shoujo manga, but you also have to see the character of each magazine where they are published.

For example :
If you're looking something different and new concepts, try Hana Lala, Hana to Yume, Lala DX (Hm, they mostly handle fantasy theme vibes, there are Natsume Yuujinchou, Akagami no Shirayukihime and etc)
If you're looking for your everyday shoujo manga, as you've said. Try Betsuma, Betsufure, Margaret, Nakayoshi
If you're looking for extreme drama and story, try Cheese.
If you're looking friendly and good story line but still cute and sweet, try Ribon.

And sometimes every series is good or not, depending on the mangaka who filled it.
Jan 22, 2018 5:16 AM

Sep 2015
Nah, no thank you. After reading the synopsis it sounds like the usual stuff. Especially because he's another outcast gaining the attention of someone who would be totally out of his league.

Although it states that he doesn't like these type of girls, this would make it seem a lot better if it weren't for the fact that they're more than likely going to start dating.

But hey, it is shoujo so it might not be this terrible and generic sounding in the end.
Jan 22, 2018 9:32 AM

Apr 2014
Weird, the anime/manga title says it's "3D" when it's actually just a 2D non existing fictional character.
Nice, I wish they announce the cast soon so I could decide if I'll watch it or not.
But I might read the manga first before watching the anime.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jan 22, 2018 3:22 PM

Aug 2016
well really poor news these days, i guess there is nothing left for end 2018-2019
Jan 22, 2018 5:10 PM
Jul 2018
Didn't expected for Hoods to have this in the works but hey that's nice. And the staff doesn't seem bad either, Touken Ranbu Hanamaru might not be that amazing for others but for me along with the script writer which was behind Flying Witch it'll probably be some nice stuff in all honesty.
Jan 22, 2018 10:48 PM

Oct 2016
Feb 16, 2018 6:06 PM

Nov 2007
Theme Song: "Daiji na Koto (だいじなこと)" by Quruli (not announced whether OP or ED), PV also out.
https://twitter.com/3Dkanojo_anime/status/964680869406326784
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
6 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.